Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Watching all GT battles from oldest to newest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019, 02:14 AM   #121
irvsykeg
Registered User
 
irvsykeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,751
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
chaz was in a lot of freestyle battles back in new yawk and posted as himself on the old RM boards
__________________
I'm only fucking with bosses like Shadow of the Colossus

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 01:51 PM   #122
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,003
Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
According to VerseTracker, this was his only written battle apparently, I think he's done a bunch of other freestyle battles, but I mostly know him from writing, being a radio DJ in Minnesota and for being NYU roommates with Donald Glover.
He definitely did a few Jumpoff battles too
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
I hope the event gets shut down so they have to do Diz vs Cass in a parking lot or some shit
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:18 AM   #123
bobbylight
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,582
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post



nah i battled as eleagle i was one of the early pioneers of the heavy multi-syllabic style if ima be honest
You might have been shaking your ass like eleagle, but you weren't eleagle.

Sykull killing it in this battle.

bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:38 PM   #124
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Dirtbag Dan vs F.L.O.

Dirtbag Dan vs F.L.O.
Nov 26, 2008
149,088 views

Hosted by Mad Illz and Lush One. Mad Illz says he's the host and then Lush and Plex takeover.

F.L.O. is he freestyling this? He's putting together pretty funny stuff from off the top if he is? "He nicknamed the fleas and ticks in his beard"

Dan: "Guess who got reckless at the annual fresh coast french toast breakfast"

Dan called FLO a NAMBLA representative.

FLO: "You're the world's youngest Vietnam Veteran"

Dan: "He looks like the cross between Seal and an actual seal" then someone made a seal barking sound.

F.L.O. can get a bit rambley with his style but he called Dan a Kid Rock fan or something.

Dan is making references to their battle scene that are getting big reactions but I gotta look up first. Like he made a reference to someone named Philip Drummond.

FLO: "You feelin' Dirtbag Dan, I be like 'no'" - funniest thing in the battle.

Dan: " I voted for and Obama and prop 8 so you and your boyfriend can get married, did you pick a date?"

OT video has a derelict goin' off with Madness

The judge named Chris has a different T-shirt on in the OT judging segment than he did in the regular judging segment.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:13 AM   #125
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
ATM vs Lil Kreb

ATM vs Lil Kreb
Nov 27, 2008
9118 views

ATM's GT debut. An FL impromptu battle which are generally pretty bad, so we'll see how this goes.

Kreb looks like Ali G and ATM sounds and looks like an improved Mista Conspiracy / school shooter.

Kreb does an okay heroin bit in his first. Actually Kreb is doing okay against ATM.

ATM does big arm swings with every bar.

I remember thinking ATM was kinda funny but I never saw his debut before, I never would have thought he would have made his way to being a kinda funny battler if I saw this performance when it came out.

ATM stumbled when he said Kreb had the 'worst delivery' - he specifically stumbled over the word 'delivery'.

Kreb did a "Bill Nye the Science Guy" thing in that nerd voice. Shout out Knamelis vs Kid Twist.

First judge mentioned ATM's 'delivery' stumble. Kreb won.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:49 AM   #126
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
some dec 2008 battles

Eleagle vs Super King Armor
Nov 27, 2008
7371

Eleagle's height is 5'4 but his hair almost brings him up to Super King Armor's 5'9.

Eleagle has a multisyllabic shouty style reminding me a little of Illusion Z. Super King has a 'bird's chest/ bird's nest' bit that's kinda funny, cause the bird's nest part was about El's hair.

Super King references another time they battled where Eleagle won.

References about how old Super King is seem quaint now that 10 years has passed and they're both over 30.

Eleagle said Super King bites Chaz Kangas. Was Kangas influential back then?

Super King rambles a little and calls Eleagle worthless twice in the battle. He struggles through the third.



Lethal D vs Mosh Jelton
Dec 5, 2008
16829

Dumbfoundead vs Tantrum is coming up, within a couple rows of the GTN videos page, but somehow there are three Mosh Jelton battles to watch first. I'm expecting to end this finding that Mosh battled more than anyone else.

Never heard of Lethal D but he got a big cheer when he introduced himself.

Mosh isn't making any sense."You're mother's like 'this dude's my father, he played the maracas'" hunh?

Lethal is nothing special but he has a crowd gassing him through the battle. His first is better than Mosh's weird drunk bars.

Considering how drunk Mosh probably is, he's at his best doing very simple stuff really loud. He was better in his second but then he ends saying "if my father was spanish he could be my brother", its a weak ending to an ok round. If he's thinking clever lines they're all coming out weird and nonsensical.

Judges unanimous for Mosh. Mad Illz announced it to the camera but not to the crowd probably so Leathal D's crew doesn't start a riot.


Jee-Money vs Surgeon General
Dec 7, 2008
17305

Mad Illz starts by talking about things that never happened, USA vs Canada event and Grind TIme reality show.

Shout outs The NBA players watching.

I'm kind of impressed with Jee-Money's 'surgeon general / toxic chemical' rhyme. Jee-Money must be freestyling because he starts building momentum and then takes long pauses and starts slow again.

Closeup shots of the rappers battling that I don't remember really seeing in other videos up to know.

People holding 'Grind Time Now' signs in the crowd.

Jee-Money got a ride to the event with Surgeon General. They've both had bars about this. Jee-Money is a little weaker in his 2nd. He struggles a bit through his third too. I haven't really seen him trying hard to get through a battle before.

Surgeon General says weird stuff but it's funny, not the bad weird that Mosh alway delivers.

Surgeon General does some Nightmare on Elm Street thing at the end where he puts on a hat and a freedy krueger glove. He makes a references to nightmares while he's trying to get his costume on but once its on its pretty generic battle freestyles about "dick in the ass"


New Eruh vs V-Money
Dec 10, 2008
5137 views

Very low viewed Florida battle. I know I've seen New Eruh but I can't remember anything about him and I'm never excited to see V-Money.

Eruh Said V-Money's a redneck his house has a liscence plate. After that it was all downhill with a weak freestyle round.

V-Money would have been better off in 2008 KOTD with his Bartone swag.

New Eruh's second is weak freestyle too but he's got the occasional funny thing in there (look at his shoes, he got them from the powerlines).

The first judge goes on about how there was some 'swagger jackin' in the battle and it ain't cool and you know who you are and the winner is what it is" and he doesn't name a winner and I have no idea what he's talking about. Maybe this all made sense ten years ago. No one else said anything along these lines.


Lyraflip vs Illusion-Z
Dec 11, 2008
62097 views

Another Fresh Coast battle hosted by Mad Illz where Lush and Plex takeover as soon as Mad Illz gets done saying he's the host.

Lyraflip is/was a Blowdian?

Lyraflip's first is boring. Illusion-Z learned from his battle with Pass and has a whole thing about how he took a battle with an easy target to build up his self-esteem. He's overwhelming Lyraflip in his first round.

Illusion's second round he's doing a better version of his setup-punch style that he did vs Pass.

Both rappers mentioned raves in their rounds.

Illusion called Lyraflip 'Queeraflip' at the top of his third.

Z had "I didn't know the philapines had leprachaun folks, I'm gonna stop on your throat until you Revanon choke"

Z won. He had a pretty good performance here.


Friday Da 13th vs Complex
Dec 12, 2008
8080 views

An impromptu battle because both rappers were scheduled against no-shows. Just on names alone I'm expecting nothing good out of this but knowing that its impromptu lowers my expections further.

Both these guys are just rappin' away until the time runs out. Both have tampon lines in their first. Complex rhymed weenie with weenie which is as good a reason as any to name him the loser.

Man oh man this makes 8 or so minutes feel like a long time.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:05 AM   #127
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
I've watched 75 battles so far. 49 of those battles have been Florida battles and 13 have been Fresh Coast. The rest divided between the NY and the Northwest.

There are 1,265,228 views on those 49 Florida battles and there are 1,612,804 views on those 13 West Coast battles.

I'm approaching Dumbfoundead vs Tantrum which'll spike the view stats for the Fresh Coast division.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:28 AM   #128
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
T2 Good vs HighCollide

T2 Good vs HighCollide
Dec 12, 2008
16469 views

Still putting up Miami videos with the models. It started raining so they moved off the beach.

HighCollide, I only really know him from Madness battle where he got thrashed.
He has a gravelly voice and his age is his area code.

T2 Good has some style for a guy that's not freestyling at his opponent.

HighCollide starts off not making sense. "T2 is a see through hebrew"

HighCollide is super loud and he's got a crew cheering him on. The smartass style of T2 doesn't seem like a way to win against a loud aggressive style if they're equally saying nothing against eachother.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 01:43 AM   #129
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Mosh Jelton vs Unorthodox Phrases

Mosh Jelton vs Unorthodox Phrases
Dec 14, 2008
31606

Drect and Mad Illz co-host this special battle. First GT battler to get five wins. Winner gets a guaranteed spot on the Canada vs USA card and will do a skit with a BET comedian. Did the skit happen?

Weird closeups on rappers again. Whoever was doing video on this made weird choices... closeups of the back of Mosh's head.

Phrases goes back to Mosh's forehead whenever he needs filler. Mosh uses Phrases teeth for filler.

Mosh mentioned Tank Lipp's size, T2 Good did that in the last battle.

"Its ironic that the son of Colin Powell has bloody swollen bowels" - wha?

Mosh won. I guess he rapped against Canada and got to be in the Lil Duvall sketch.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #130
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump
 
ThaDiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: deadweeze
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
Eleagle vs Super King Armor
Nov 27, 2008
7371

Eleagle's height is 5'4 but his hair almost brings him up to Super King Armor's 5'9.

Eleagle has a multisyllabic shouty style reminding me a little of Illusion Z. Super King has a 'bird's chest/ bird's nest' bit that's kinda funny, cause the bird's nest part was about El's hair.

Super King references another time they battled where Eleagle won.

References about how old Super King is seem quaint now that 10 years has passed and they're both over 30.

Eleagle said Super King bites Chaz Kangas. Was Kangas influential back then?

Super King rambles a little and calls Eleagle worthless twice in the battle. He struggles through the third.



Lethal D vs Mosh Jelton
Dec 5, 2008
16829

Dumbfoundead vs Tantrum is coming up, within a couple rows of the GTN videos page, but somehow there are three Mosh Jelton battles to watch first. I'm expecting to end this finding that Mosh battled more than anyone else.

Never heard of Lethal D but he got a big cheer when he introduced himself.

Mosh isn't making any sense."You're mother's like 'this dude's my father, he played the maracas'" hunh?

Lethal is nothing special but he has a crowd gassing him through the battle. His first is better than Mosh's weird drunk bars.

Considering how drunk Mosh probably is, he's at his best doing very simple stuff really loud. He was better in his second but then he ends saying "if my father was spanish he could be my brother", its a weak ending to an ok round. If he's thinking clever lines they're all coming out weird and nonsensical.

Judges unanimous for Mosh. Mad Illz announced it to the camera but not to the crowd probably so Leathal D's crew doesn't start a riot.


Jee-Money vs Surgeon General
Dec 7, 2008
17305

Mad Illz starts by talking about things that never happened, USA vs Canada event and Grind TIme reality show.

Shout outs The NBA players watching.

I'm kind of impressed with Jee-Money's 'surgeon general / toxic chemical' rhyme. Jee-Money must be freestyling because he starts building momentum and then takes long pauses and starts slow again.

Closeup shots of the rappers battling that I don't remember really seeing in other videos up to know.

People holding 'Grind Time Now' signs in the crowd.

Jee-Money got a ride to the event with Surgeon General. They've both had bars about this. Jee-Money is a little weaker in his 2nd. He struggles a bit through his third too. I haven't really seen him trying hard to get through a battle before.

Surgeon General says weird stuff but it's funny, not the bad weird that Mosh alway delivers.

Surgeon General does some Nightmare on Elm Street thing at the end where he puts on a hat and a freedy krueger glove. He makes a references to nightmares while he's trying to get his costume on but once its on its pretty generic battle freestyles about "dick in the ass"


New Eruh vs V-Money
Dec 10, 2008
5137 views

Very low viewed Florida battle. I know I've seen New Eruh but I can't remember anything about him and I'm never excited to see V-Money.

Eruh Said V-Money's a redneck his house has a liscence plate. After that it was all downhill with a weak freestyle round.

V-Money would have been better off in 2008 KOTD with his Bartone swag.

New Eruh's second is weak freestyle too but he's got the occasional funny thing in there (look at his shoes, he got them from the powerlines).

The first judge goes on about how there was some 'swagger jackin' in the battle and it ain't cool and you know who you are and the winner is what it is" and he doesn't name a winner and I have no idea what he's talking about. Maybe this all made sense ten years ago. No one else said anything along these lines.


Lyraflip vs Illusion-Z
Dec 11, 2008
62097 views

Another Fresh Coast battle hosted by Mad Illz where Lush and Plex takeover as soon as Mad Illz gets done saying he's the host.

Lyraflip is/was a Blowdian?

Lyraflip's first is boring. Illusion-Z learned from his battle with Pass and has a whole thing about how he took a battle with an easy target to build up his self-esteem. He's overwhelming Lyraflip in his first round.

Illusion's second round he's doing a better version of his setup-punch style that he did vs Pass.

Both rappers mentioned raves in their rounds.

Illusion called Lyraflip 'Queeraflip' at the top of his third.

Z had "I didn't know the philapines had leprachaun folks, I'm gonna stop on your throat until you Revanon choke"

Z won. He had a pretty good performance here.


Friday Da 13th vs Complex
Dec 12, 2008
8080 views

An impromptu battle because both rappers were scheduled against no-shows. Just on names alone I'm expecting nothing good out of this but knowing that its impromptu lowers my expections further.

Both these guys are just rappin' away until the time runs out. Both have tampon lines in their first. Complex rhymed weenie with weenie which is as good a reason as any to name him the loser.

Man oh man this makes 8 or so minutes feel like a long time.
Is that this Friday Da 13th?
can't imagine too many rappers got that name lol. Sorry for quoting the whole thing I'm not good enough with computer shit to know better haha. Props again for doing this tho, enjoying giving this a read whenever I come back to the site for a scroll.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #131
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump
 
ThaDiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: deadweeze
Posts: 387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Yeah it is, i just opened youtube again n got a bunch of suggestions for the rest of his battles. Cheers anywho
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 10:58 PM   #132
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDiz View Post
Is that this Friday Da 13th? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k22ohC6wPsY can't imagine too many rappers got that name lol. Sorry for quoting the whole thing I'm not good enough with computer shit to know better haha. Props again for doing this tho, enjoying giving this a read whenever I come back to the site for a scroll.
That's most definitely him. He looks like one of Jesse Pinkman's friends on Breaking Bad. I'm not impressed by the song but I am impressed by the 497k views on that.

His other video on his channel, Brought it On Yaself, I can't tell who the guys behind him are but one of them looks like Jaze Juce.

Last edited by Wtchr; 09-16-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:23 PM   #133
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Eleagle vs D-Lor

Eleagle vs D-Lor
Dec 15, 2008
46862 views

Eleagle wears a hat but bis brim us turned up to make up for the height of his hair.

Eleagle called his dick a 'long grenade'

Eleagle's got tons of mom lines but "hand up in your honey like Winne the Pooh" was okay.

D-Lor is screaming in Eleagle's face and it's good man. He's winning. D-Lor's good.

Eleagle's second round starts out with a bunch more mom stuff. He's got a 'hand up you' line in the second too.

D-Lor's good at being agressive while throwing in funny lines without changing his delivery style. It's a good approach and I'm diggin' it.

D-Lor's also really good at finding an original way to deliver some conventional subject matter. I loved his "cook your mom some crystal meth/tell that bitch to kiss the chef" rhyme from his last battle. Here he does a 'you take it up the ass' line but it's like "you wear those old school pyjamas and take it in the trap door" or something like that.

Eleagle does a SUm41 reference and gets no reaction.

Unanamous from D-Lor. They do their OT round for fun.

Eleagle said something about Eeyore's tail. It's the second Winnie The Pooh line he has in the battle.

This was good.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 05:56 AM   #134
irvsykeg
Registered User
 
irvsykeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,751
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
That's most definitely him. He looks like one of Jesse Pinkman's friends on Breaking Bad. I'm not impressed by the song but I am impressed by the 497k views on that.

His other video on his channel, Brought it On Yaself, I can't tell who the guys behind him are but one of them looks like Jaze Juce.
views are almost certainly fake. you don't get that many natural views with such a low comment count. go check videos with 50-100k views and you'll see 10x as many comments.

song was terrible from first 10 seconds i got thru
__________________
I'm only fucking with bosses like Shadow of the Colossus

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:07 AM   #135
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
views are almost certainly fake. you don't get that many natural views with such a low comment count. go check videos with 50-100k views and you'll see 10x as many comments.

song was terrible from first 10 seconds i got thru
The song is not good and I definitely don't want to hear an 'I'm a self-made success' track from a rapper at his level.

What's the point of fake views though? Is it supposed to trick other people into thinking a video's popular so they watch it for real? What's the point of a couple hundred thousand fake views? 500k views is not nothing but it's not a smash-hit in 2017, when that video was put up.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:39 AM   #136
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Fresco vs Moodswangz

Fresco vs Moodswangz
Dec 16, 2008
78274 views

First Midwest battle posted. Sonny Bamboo hosting. Two 'models' in matching outfits tower over him.

Fresco's debut... Moodswangz too.

Fresco's pretty good right from the start and Moodswangz sounds like an average GT battler at this point. He's getting some reaction tho. His delivery is polished and maybe a bit above average even if his content isn't. Fresco's style is pretty developed and his content is a little above average in this. He said "I'm conan savage with the vocab damage" which sounded pretty cool.

Both rappers ended their first with references to the other guy eating.

I forgot about the term 'metrosexual' but there it is out of Moodswangz mouth.

Moodswangz gasps for breath audibly after every single line and once I started noticing it it became really irritating to hear over and over again.

OT round.

Man, Fresco's OT round is great, he does the soundeffect of Mario going down a pipe, and says something like "you gotta chase your licorice schnapps with insulin shots" "I'm here for Frank Caliendo's Madden Impression..." Moodswangz totally looks like that!

Moodswangz chokes and then he looks down and does some rapper hand moves in silence to jog his memory. He probably would have lost vs Fresco's OT anyways.

Video ends with Sonny giving a shout out to all the other division presidents but he says "shout out to out east, Ja..." then it ends.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 01:55 AM   #137
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Tank Lipp vs Johnny Voss

Tank Lipp vs Johnny Voss
Dec 17, 2008
7170 views

Grind Time's 79th battle. Johnny Voss' second (after Drect) and Tank Lipp's third.

This has got to be from the bottom of the card. Few views.

Two fat guys calling eachother fat every round. Voss has people in the crowd gassing him. This was no good. Standards must have been very low back then because the judges seemed impressed by Voss.

Tank Lipp is losing it in the third and he's freestyling poorly. Voss won.

Conceited was a judge.

Afterword: I did a scan on the comments under the battle. Someone said Johnny Voss reminded them of Illmac.

Last edited by Wtchr; 09-18-2019 at 02:49 AM.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 02:37 PM   #138
irvsykeg
Registered User
 
irvsykeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,751
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
The song is not good and I definitely don't want to hear an 'I'm a self-made success' track from a rapper at his level.

What's the point of fake views though? Is it supposed to trick other people into thinking a video's popular so they watch it for real? What's the point of a couple hundred thousand fake views? 500k views is not nothing but it's not a smash-hit in 2017, when that video was put up.

ppl think ur buzzin, can prob parlay it into suttin, idk

i remember lyraflip having a funny line like "on one hand i can count all the records you've sold.. plus why the FUCK do u look like ur 11 years old"

ill-z was dope

fresco is the most naturally gifted/talented writer i've ever done been seen, keep in mind the kid never really listened to rap either

slap ur multiple personalities back into 1 faggot
__________________
I'm only fucking with bosses like Shadow of the Colossus

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 06:17 PM   #139
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Tantrum vs Dumbfoundead

Tantrum vs Dumbfoundead
Dec 18, 2008
2440627 views

The earliest battle on GTN to break a million views and Dumbfoundead's first GT appearance.

Someone before they start says something like "we're going to call this asian vs asian on youtube."

Tantrum's calling Dumbfoundead a nerd a million different ways in his first.

This is a match of the super agressive vs the cool joker, like HighCollide vs T2 Good. The funny guy has got to be funny for real to win that and Dumbfoundead is super funny. He also crafts his lines where they're almost conversational but you notice there's rhymes in there. Sometimes entire lines rhyme - he doesn't force his rhymes.

Oh man, "after that battle you ran to your father and said 'I failed you'" Perfect way to throw a dis Tantrum and get a joke off the stereotypes. There's a lot of lines like that in this battle but that was the best.

Tantrum's good too, his whole "I can kick higher, my dick's bigger and I can drive better" got a big reaction and it deserved one. Illusion-Z hops into the camera frame out of excitement after that.

OT Round. I'm hearing Avocado laugh for the first time in this one.

Tantrum's hyperagressive delivery style can't compensate for Dumbfoundead clowning on him. Tantrum has a lot of filler that he shouts while Dumbfoundead has a ton of witty rhymes.

Obvious classic. Dumb won.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 11:25 PM   #140
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,760
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
fresco is the most naturally gifteed talented writer i've ever done been seen, keep in mind the kid never really listened to rap either
Not only that, but has terrible, hipster opinions about rap music. Weird that someone with that level of horrible taste could be a dope battler. I do think that the lack of rap music knowledge and appreciation is the only thing holding Fresco back from being in that upper mid/upper-upper tier as he can't really mix up his flow for shit.
__________________
Autoloss list:
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...

Last edited by Emancee; 09-19-2019 at 02:14 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 11:34 AM   #141
vokab206
Battle Rapper
 
vokab206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,225
Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
Tantrum vs Dumbfoundead
Dec 18, 2008
2440627 views

The earliest battle on GTN to break a million views and Dumbfoundead's first GT appearance.

Someone before they start says something like "we're going to call this asian vs asian on youtube."

Tantrum's calling Dumbfoundead a nerd a million different ways in his first.

This is a match of the super agressive vs the cool joker, like HighCollide vs T2 Good. The funny guy has got to be funny for real to win that and Dumbfoundead is super funny. He also crafts his lines where they're almost conversational but you notice there's rhymes in there. Sometimes entire lines rhyme - he doesn't force his rhymes.

Oh man, "after that battle you ran to your father and said 'I failed you'" Perfect way to throw a dis Tantrum and get a joke off the stereotypes. There's a lot of lines like that in this battle but that was the best.

Tantrum's good too, his whole "I can kick higher, my dick's bigger and I can drive better" got a big reaction and it deserved one. Illusion-Z hops into the camera frame out of excitement after that.

OT Round. I'm hearing Avocado laugh for the first time in this one.

Tantrum's hyperagressive delivery style can't compensate for Dumbfoundead clowning on him. Tantrum has a lot of filler that he shouts while Dumbfoundead has a ton of witty rhymes.

Obvious classic. Dumb won.
Top 10 battle of all time IMO
__________________
Verse Tracker:
https://versetracker.com/search-resu...arch-key=vokab

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:20 AM   #142
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Jonny Voss vs J Roc

Jonny Voss vs J Roc
Dec 20, 2008
5381 views

I skipped writing notes on Locksmith vs Passwurdz. it was great but I didn't feel like saying anything about it. I was going to skip notes on this too but it ended up being strange enough to comment.

Neither rapper was good at all. Voss said weird things about how he saw J Roc's baby photos and the were dumb. JRoc was flowing which, even if that might sound more like real rapping, I always take as a bad sign in a battle.

J Roc had a cheerleading section, they fell silent after he said 'I fucked up' and you don't really hear from them again. A dude was filming J Roc on his phone though and he's in the shot for parts of the battle, he's actually kind of in the way.

J Roc's hat blends in with the sky so at times it looks like the top of his head is missing.

A loud tractor or something went by nearby to the battle. While that vehicle was passing by someone out in the distance shouted something and Johnny Voss stumbled as he looked at whever the shout was coming from.

Shit battle but weird battle video. Also a lot of these lowview battles have comments from Mista Conspiracy. He apparently really liked this battle.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:56 AM   #143
Tecnik
Registered User
 
Tecnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Correct me if I'm wrong but did Voss become a champion on 106?
Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:00 AM   #144
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnik View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but did Voss become a champion on 106?
Voss did but Johnny Voss did not.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:22 AM   #145
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Is anyone into what I'm doing here? I'm coming up to the end of the GTN videos from 2008 and I'm thinking of starting a new thread for each month of 2009 as long as there's anyone out there who wants me to keep it going.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:49 AM   #146
Tecnik
Registered User
 
Tecnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
Voss did but Johnny Voss did not.
Oh they aren't the same dude? I've never seen a Johnny Voss battle.
Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:09 AM   #147
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecnik View Post
Oh they aren't the same dude? I've never seen a Johnny Voss battle.
They're not the same, I only know cause I just looked into it after your post. I've seen Voss before but I forgot about him and because I'm doing this Johnny Voss is way more familiar to me know.

Johnny Voss looks like an anglo Fredo back in 2008 but people were calling him Jack Black in the battles. I looked ahead and he's still around towards the end of Grind Time and around then he went full Jack Black: grew his dark hair down to his chin with a big beard and he started wearing dark glasses in the battles.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:26 AM   #148
Uza
VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 91
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Uza is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
Is anyone into what I'm doing here? I'm coming up to the end of the GTN videos from 2008 and I'm thinking of starting a new thread for each month of 2009 as long as there's anyone out there who wants me to keep it going.
Keep it going
Uza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:02 AM   #149
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,760
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
Is anyone into what I'm doing here? I'm coming up to the end of the GTN videos from 2008 and I'm thinking of starting a new thread for each month of 2009 as long as there's anyone out there who wants me to keep it going.
I am strangely enjoying this too. Would be cool to see some more.
__________________
Autoloss list:
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:59 PM   #150
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Ryebread vs Special T

Ryebread vs Special T
Dec 21, 2008
4910 views

2nd Midwest battle. Not expecting much out of these two midwest guys I've never heard of.

Ryebread is doing what I've heard a hundred times out of the mediocre Florida rappers. Nothing to say.

Special T does a little hop and a handrub then says 'fuckit' which makes it sound like he's choking before he starts. Then he gets going and it sounds like a Mosh Jelton impression. I don't need this.

No applause at all. Special T says something like "he's a fake fuck, like anime porn."

Ryebread says he's freestylin' a couple of times. He better be.

Special T is generic but loud and animated in the second which is better than nothing. His round ends with no one reacting.

Ryebread ended his third round okay and he got a reaction and props from Fresco. He had some funny stuff about putting a soda on Special T's coffee table without a coaster.

Special T's third is dumb and he messed up saying mcmuffin when he was supposed to say McLovin. McMuffin was the last word a couple lines later so the whole bit ended up sounding awkward. He had these dumb lines that were probably supposed to be clever - stuff about categorizing vegetables as fruits cause he's a tomato.

Ugh, overtime. Why?

Special T said 'brainal tissue' - I remember OZ said 'brainal smack' in his famous battle vs Jack Shitt.

Special T won in a split decision. Now it's time to watch every 90s hip hop video Youtube recommends.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:07 AM   #151
irvsykeg
Registered User
 
irvsykeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,751
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Not only that, but has terrible, hipster opinions about rap music. Weird that someone with that level of horrible taste could be a dope battler. I do think that the lack of rap music knowledge and appreciation is the only thing holding Fresco back from being in that upper mid/upper-upper tier as he can't really mix up his flow for shit.
i don't know what his opinions on rap music are that you're referring to other than he doesn't like most shit and didn't come up listening to rap. i also don't really care what other folks listen to or haven't listened to when their abilities are imo high enough for that praise

fresco is beyond upper mid-tier as far as popularity and absolutely top tier as far as ability. not sure what you mean by can't mix up his flow for shit either. he definitely often writes in a structured flow, but it's not because he's limited or can't do anything else. he's absolutely a better rapper fundamentally than most of these dudes and it's actually tougher to write in that structured flow than not. his shit is way more polished than others

he's very solid and polished on tracks and doesn't use his battle flow on there either.

i feel like people hate on him personally and it washes into their rating of him as a battler (not that you were really hating on him per se, just making general statements)
__________________
I'm only fucking with bosses like Shadow of the Colossus

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)

Last edited by irvsykeg; 09-21-2019 at 04:10 AM.
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:13 AM   #152
irvsykeg
Registered User
 
irvsykeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,751
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtchr View Post
Is anyone into what I'm doing here? I'm coming up to the end of the GTN videos from 2008 and I'm thinking of starting a new thread for each month of 2009 as long as there's anyone out there who wants me to keep it going.
definitely keep it going. it's interesting hearing perspective from someone not around back then and your opinions and addendums are solid/funny.

when you do more cali/west coast stuff i can probably add some backstories or tidbits if anybody cares.
__________________
I'm only fucking with bosses like Shadow of the Colossus

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:55 AM   #153
Tecnik
Registered User
 
Tecnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 162
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Def keep doing this. I too enjoy the perspective of someone who didn't watch all that shit as it happened, who has the hindsight of what battle rap is today compared to what it was then, going in. Plus I'm pretty sure there's some gems I forgot about hidden in those early battles that I'd never go back and look for myself. You're doing good work here bud. Is better than 90% of the threads that get created these days. Keep bangin.
Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:16 PM   #154
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Ok I'll keep it going but, like I said, I'm going to start a new thread for each month in 2009 and I'll probably continue like that until either everyone on here is sick of it and wants me to stop or I start to hit GTs downward slide and the start posting a battle every week or two again.

Honestly I'm not sure if I'm finding any hidden jems in here. Like, I think the view counts are a pretty good reflection of each battle's quality except for where GT put some clickbait title on the "rapper pulls a gun in battle" video (Lil 8th Ave vs Revanon) where the viewcount is way higher than a battle like that would get if it didn't have that title.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #155
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Iceman Etika vs Chuck Black

Iceman Etika vs Chuck Black
Dec 21, 2008
237956

Never heard of either dude but this has 238k views. One of these guys must have had some traction outside of GT I'm guessing.

Iceman's not bad, his delivery and structure is nice. His content is a little off "they way this dude hold's nuts, I can say he's flowing like a squirrel"

Iceman is like 7 feet tall. Most of his first round is a story about fucking Chuck Black's girl in Chuck's house.

The sun is right in Jaze's eyes and he's holding his hand over his eyes so he can see through the battle.

Not much to say about Chuck Black's first round but Iceman's second is way more generic and freestyle sounding than his first. He must have put all the effort he could muster into writing that first round.

Iceman does a bit like "your bitch has thoughts, bout licking balls, in christmas halls, and the dicks will fall like mistletoe and hit her jaw in a 64" that sounds a lot in it's structure and delivery like D-Lor's "christmas lights/citrus heights" bit from his XT battle. Iceman's thing probably got the biggest reaction in the battle up to this point. D-Lor's battle would have been uploaded to Youtube four days before the NY event before this battle took place.

Iceman ends his third weak and stumbling but that part that sounded like D-Lor seemed to hit pretty hard. Chuck Black doesn't have much anyways so either could win. Honestly, Iceman was up and down in this but when he was up he was better than most of the rappers I've seen so far.

Some droning sound can be heard through the battle.

Frankie Wapps, a judge, does what sounds like a 20 second intro to his judgement "Frankie Wapps, Yonkers, check the cap, shout outs to everyone in the YO, etc etc" then just says 'OT'

Iceman won. There are a lot of recent comments about how Ekita killed himself. Oh shit, I just realized that this is that prankster/gamer social media guy who killed himself earlier this year and it made national news! RIP. No wonder the view count is so high.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #156
RickyProehl
RickyWatters
 
RickyProehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: queens ny
Posts: 4,598
Mentioned: 426 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This thread gives me hope
__________________

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 12:08 AM   #157
Wtchr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wtchr is not the worst person
Elfamail vs Paperwerks

Elfamail vs Paperwerks
Dec 23, 2008
7814 views

Another battle from the first Midwest event, both these names FEEL familiar to me but I can't remember anything about them.

Elfamail introduced himself by saying 'check me out at myspace devon815' which was one of the model's intros. Kinda funny.

Elfamail is doing some kinda singing rap off the top of the first and its weird. It sounds like when you try to just sing everything you would say. Paperworks has his back to the camera.

Paperwerks has a polished agressive style more typical of battling but he starts off like he didn't know anything about Elfamail at all. Elfamail is a white nerd rapper wearing an argyle sweater and Paperworks is all "you're the type to get in a gunfight and never shoot a gun in your life" I don't think Paperwerks would bother with gun lines about Elfamail if he had of seen him before he wrote.

Ok Elfamail says something in his second about singing because he doesn't like this battling format and he wants a beat. Sonny calls time, it seemed, after 30 seconds of Elfamail's second round. I dunno, maybe it went a full minute.

Paperwerks sounds like he's freestyling in the second, he's not bad at it though.

Elfamail isn't singing in the third but he's just really generic 2008 GT style here.

OT Round?! Paperwerks won that in 3!

"YOu're not an alpha male, you're a poster child for enfamil." Good line from Paperwerks... I wouldn't have known what enfamil was in 2008 though. Paper had a pretty good OT round here.

Paperwerks is a friend of Okwerdz? They've both made reference to Okwerdz.

As soon as the battle ends they start blasting MOPs Ante-Up.

Elfamail had a flip that got some reaction off the top of his OT but he struggled through the OT after that.

Paperwerks won.
Wtchr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:00 AM   #158
irvsykeg
Registered User
 
irvsykeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,751
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
elfmail had a decent amount of freestyle battles before GT style took over, most notably getting worked by iron at SJ05, which also has one of my favorite setups in i guess anything: "homie, you don't know, i'm an off the head swordsman/ and you're a crack head version of ed norton" iron was on a killing spree that year and should've won, imo, but underdog story too good.

he def had some cool showings over the years and used to post on the old boards. he did well at SJ prelims against a very intimidating gigantic white tee with pass underneath it.


i swear he had some shit like "you're a feminist, lookin for men to kiss, i'll toss you in the crowd like a demo disc" that i thought was cool but cant place it. go to elfamail.com for his YT apparently

anyway shortly after his freestyle battle run dried up and GT died out he slowly transformed into frak

paper was on the WC for a bit and also did some freestyle battles, most notably against nocando which is worth a watch. paper said "you look like you hang out in cafes and drink lattes" which is great. paper is dope, was very underrated IMO, and said some really tight shit
__________________
I'm only fucking with bosses like Shadow of the Colossus

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #159
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,760
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
iron was on a killing spree that year and should've won, imo, but underdog story too good.
Iron beat himself. No-one to blame but himself. He had that weird tactic in the second, choked delivering it and it was pretty much all over from then.

He bodied Elfamail off the planet though. He landed like 3 big haymakers which, in a one-rounder, is pretty much game over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
i swear he had some shit like "you're a feminist, lookin for men to kiss, i'll toss you in the crowd like a demo disc" that i thought was cool but cant place it. go to elfamail.com for his YT apparently
I think that was during the WRCs, I think. He actually had some good stuff in those battles, but no-one was beating Qwest and Marv that year (Pretty much the story of Elfa's life considering he drew Pass, Iron Solomon and Tut in consecutive years).
__________________
Autoloss list:
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...

Last edited by Emancee; 09-22-2019 at 01:48 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #160
irvsykeg
Registered User
 
irvsykeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,751
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
meh, he still beat justice imo, but to each their own. don't want to clog the thread with tangentially related shit though.
__________________
I'm only fucking with bosses like Shadow of the Colossus

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
8217, bars


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,607
Threads: 27,824
Posts: 742,562
Total Online: 1783

Newest Member: DethStryque The Invincibl

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Profess



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:26 AM.