Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Lush One "Mayen" verse for y'all

Old 07-03-2016, 06:24 AM   #41
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
A true artist of anybmedium, will create not because it is or isn't the intelligent thing to do - (s)he will do it solely out of pure passion. It may seem futile to some to others it's as pertinent of a desire as pissing or procreating..
Old 07-03-2016, 06:30 AM   #42
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
A true artist of anybmedium, will create not because it is or isn't the intelligent thing to do - (s)he will do it solely out of pure passion. It may seem futile to some to others it's as pertinent of a desire as pissing or procreating..
I agree you are a true artist but to a philistine like myself, the time expenditure seems like a waste (I like the last run video btw) when you could be doing other things that might bare more fruit. Keep doing your thing tho homie and put 100 into whatever you do!
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:32 AM   #43
Nick H.

Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
One hunnid playa .. That's actually good advice cuz I do tend to spread myself / efforts too thin #pause
Old 07-03-2016, 07:47 AM   #44
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
KellyBetz of NoCoast is not the worst person
While we're giving advice to Lush, who's done more than any of us, I'll jump on the band wagon and share what's changed the way I create

Anthony Fantano from the Needle Drop says, "Musicians make music"

and points out this is the biggest mistake up and comers make. Compare your friend that puts out CDs and a pro and technicality aside the biggest difference is going to be that money making artists put out a project every year or every other year. If you're a rapper even as much as four times that!

We can't take time to perfect all aspects of the music we release, from beats to lyrics to recording quality to the way it's promoted and put out. It will never be good enough for an artist. Release what you make and create as much quality music as you can. You should be doing this for the fans. If you're doing it for yourself than keep it to yourself.

Alright harsh words but it's what I'm living by so I feel like it's fair to pass it on. All respects due to Uno, one of the realest, wether we like it or not
KellyBetz of NoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:53 AM   #45
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBetz of NoCoast View Post
While we're giving advice to Lush, who's done more than any of us
Do you mean musically, and how do you know that? You might have more info then it appears, but it sounds like you are supplicating. There really is no need to do that. Aren't you the guy that put on an event with Ness Lee recently?
Old 07-03-2016, 08:18 AM   #46
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Do you mean musically, and how do you know that? You might have more info then it appears, but it sounds like you are supplicating. There really is no need to do that. Aren't you the guy that put on an event with Ness Lee recently?

Lush has booked shit tons of battles, that's what I'm referring to

Supplicating? Nah. Not asking for anything, giving advice

Yeah I direct No Coast events and filmed Ness against XQZ and QPac. Also I did a two on two (w/ Pompey, another NC organizer) against Ness and Mosh Jelton that comes out next week!
Old 07-03-2016, 08:23 AM   #47
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

I'm tired (it's three thirty here, got back from a show a bit ago) so I'm hazy on your post

"More info than it appears" About Lush? I know he's recorded a ton of music that isn't released, and being a fan of his old stuff (Street of Rage, Gold Bricks...) I want to hear what he's got

Or maybe just info on music in general? I hosted an open mic night for three years, been working venues / doing music stuff for a living for four or so. Been in lots of projects and played a ton of shows. I'm not crazy enlightened just like giving advice
Old 07-03-2016, 08:36 AM   #48
Profess

Quote:
I'm tired (it's three thirty here, got back from a show a bit ago) so I'm hazy on your post

"More info than it appears" About Lush? I know he's recorded a ton of music that isn't released, and being a fan of his old stuff (Street of Rage, Gold Bricks...) I want to hear what he's got

Or maybe just info on music in general? I hosted an open mic night for three years, been working venues / doing music stuff for a living for four or so. Been in lots of projects and played a ton of shows. I'm not crazy enlightened just like giving advice
I thought it was weird that you said Lush has done more than anyone.. but thanks for clarifying.. He has put on a ton of battles. And I agree with this

Quote:
If you're doing it for yourself than keep it to yourself.

Last edited by Profess; 07-03-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #49
shifty-c

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
shifty-c probably likes in here/hair word play
yo lush stop saying mayne...
shifty-c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:30 AM   #50
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
I wasnt feeling this shit, his voice and flow were very cringey.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:41 PM   #51
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Got harder ones to come I'll be psyched if u actually fuk wit of them
dead @ u calling him ur biggest supporter n then coming out and saying you're actively seeking his approval with your shitty music

this is not for us, man

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:35 PM   #52
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty-c View Post
yo lush stop saying mayne...
Or nah
Old 07-03-2016, 04:47 PM   #53
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
dead @ u calling him ur biggest supporter n then coming out and saying you're actively seeking his approval with your shitty music

this is not for us, man
Winning ppl over who don't fuck with your shit is a good sign and something I aspire to. Don't see the humor in that. & don't try to act like your opinion is the general consensus. Although I do find you have some on point opinions, your a 17 year old kid from rural England who has already expressed distaste for me on multiple occasions. Your not the barometer of "we".. Regardless I've been relatively successful (international tours, song placements in commercials, movies etc, multiple releases on indie labels that were profitable over the past 17 years) despite never having my music fully embraced by the battle rap community- who I don't make my shit to appease.. Although I do appreciate anyone who supports anything I create.

The joints/verses I've leaked only glimpse at the projects are like.

Regardless, if you actually did even peep it, I appreciate the listen. I'm a versatile enough artist where I'd be surprised if there was something in my catalog you didn't like.. It tends to take afew years after I put somethin out for it to get appreciated fully...

I'll put MUSIC FOR DOPE RUNS up against pretty much any battle rap related release, personally.. That's me though.

I'm not here to rattle off accomplishments to jaded/frustrated teenagers.. Either you like it or it's not for you, either way thank you for checking.
Old 07-03-2016, 04:49 PM   #54
Nick H.

Quote:
I don't think there's too many in the battle rap world who have done more than me musically.. It's difficult to compare and I hate getting into that.. But yeah.

Remember I'm old af
Old 07-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #55
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
I wasnt feeling this shit, his voice and flow were very cringey.
Thanks for listening
Old 07-03-2016, 04:56 PM   #56
Profess

Quote:
I don't think there's too many in the battle rap world who have done more than me musically.. It's difficult to compare and I hate getting into that.. But yeah.

Remember I'm old af
I have fun with the old battle rappers can't make good music trope. Anyway, what are some of your greatest achievements?
Old 07-03-2016, 05:13 PM   #57
Nick H.

Quote:
I have fun with the old battle rappers can't make good music trope. What are some of your greatest achievements?
Hmmmm, well I'm signed to one of the most successful trip-hop labels in France, and have literally performed at every festival in Western Europe over the past several years.. I have records with them that are close to achieving Gold, and multiple YouTube clips with over 100K (one with like 5 million) views. I have multiple records with Raekwon, and am one of Sean Price's projects, was signed to/toured with/ did multiple records with members of Hieroglyphics, have a record with successful Brittish pop/edm artist Belleruche, songs with EDM icon Bassnectar (both on their projects), have a record with West African Grammy winning icon Femi Kuti, who I have also done song writing for. Worked with tons of elite underground / mainstream artists and producers and never cashed out for a single feature but have been paid.. I've written records and brokered deals for major artists like Chief Keef, Kesha, Tiedra Moses, etc. put out over 10 projects both indie and with small labels and moved countless thousands of units, my old crew was featured in URB Magazines NEXT 100 in 2007, have been in print mags across the world on the merit of my music with no publicist, did the entire soundtrack to the film "Dragon Eyes" featuring Jean Claude Van Dam (helped that my brother directed it but still, it was approved by a producer above him as well), have rocked several crowds of well over 30K ppl rockin the same stages as Bob Dylan, Sting, and more.. Had the best selling hip-hop release on Alpha Pup records in 2011, before the YouTube battle movement my crew was one of the most poppin in the Bay and opened for literally every major artist from 03 to 08.. I've DJed for Kendrick Lamar, Cam'ron, Scarface, Freddy Gibbs, and more.. shit i could go on & on.. Not tryna come across as a bragging ass faggot, I'm pretty experienced though and know what I'm doing.

Anyways, tl dr

Just wanna give some perspective for those that might not be aware..
Old 07-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #58
Profess

Quote:
Hmmmm, well I'm signed to one of the most successful trip-hop labels in France, and have literally performed at every festival in Western Europe over the past several years.. I have records with them that are close to achieving Gold, and multiple YouTube clips with over 100K (one with like 5 million) views. I have multiple records with Raekwon, and am one of Sean Price's projects, was signed to/toured with/ did multiple records with members of Hieroglyphics, have a record with successful Brittish pop/edm artist Belleruche, songs with EDM icon Bassnectar (both on their projects), have a record with West African Grammy winning icon Femi Kuti, who I have also done song writing for. Worked with tons of elite underground / mainstream artists and producers and never cashed out for a single feature but have been paid.. I've written records and brokered deals for major artists like Chief Keef, Kesha, Tiedra Moses, etc. put out over 10 projects both indie and with small labels and moved countless thousands of units, my old crew was featured in URB Magazines NEXT 100 in 2007, have been in print mags across the world on the merit of my music with no publicist, did the entire soundtrack to the film "Dragon Eyes" featuring Jean Claude Van Dam (helped that my brother directed it but still, it was approved by a producer above him as well), have rocked several crowds of well over 30K ppl rockin the same stages as Bob Dylan, Sting, and more.. Had the best selling hip-hop release on Alpha Pup records in 2011, before the YouTube battle movement my crew was one of the most poppin in the Bay and opened for literally every major artist from 03 to 08.. I've DJed for Kendrick Lamar, Cam'ron, Scarface, Freddy Gibbs, and more.. shit i could go on & on.. Not tryna come across as a bragging ass faggot, I'm pretty experienced though and know what I'm doing.

Anyways, tl dr

Just wanna give some perspective for those that might not be aware..
It doesn't come off as bragging, I asked. I didn't know most of that stuff. Thanks for sharing. What are some of your goals moving forward? I know you have an interest in fashion that hasn't been mentioned in this thread.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #59
Nick H.

Quote:
It doesn't come off as bragging, I asked. I didn't know most of that stuff. Thanks for sharing. What are some of your goals moving forward? I know you have an interest in fashion that hasn't been mentioned in this thread.
Good, the last thing I wanna do is come off as pretentious.

& yeah, this was just part of what I've done and doesn't even glimpse at my ambitions..

I'd love to grow into a lounge lizzardy Tom Waits type guy as I kik and 40 and 50s doors down..

I've done some fashion consulting and some modeling (despite my hideous face) and would love to collaborate with some designers i admire..

My first screenplay got sold and is in production, my 2nd one was optioned and being re-written, and hopefully my 3rd one blows me up.. And my successful ass Dad didn't even help make that crack believe it or not.. But he is proud of me. Look for a new TV series from him coming soon as well as my brother's new movie.. I'm very proud of them both.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #60
Profess

Quote:
Good, the last thing I wanna do is come off as pretentious.

& yeah, this was just part of what I've done and doesn't even glimpse at my ambitions..

I'd love to grow into a lounge lizzardy Tom Waits type guy as I kik and 40 and 50s doors down..

I've done some fashion consulting and some modeling (despite my hideous face) and would love to collaborate with some designers i admire..

My first screenplay got sold and is in production, my 2nd one was optioned and being re-written, and hopefully my 3rd one blows me up.. And my successful ass Dad didn't even help make that crack believe it or not.. But he is proud of me. Look for a new TV series from him coming soon as well as my brother's new movie.. I'm very proud of them both.
Well, I wish you the best of luck with your screen play, and look forward to updates. I hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #61
Nick H.

Good looks brobro!
Old 07-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #62
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Yeah that's exactly what it is.. Glad you dig it..

I was listening to hella old Wayne around the time i did this, was goin for a New Orleans Jazz swing to the flow
That's what's up! We need some originality in this game

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:34 PM   #63
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Lush you're not old my GF older than you

Also battle rappers make some of my favorite music

In fact I made these,

Lush I'd love to know what you think of them, my first experiences with beat matching

Old 07-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #64
Nick H.

Good shit bro!
Old 07-03-2016, 06:41 PM   #65
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
How is life lush? Things going well for you? Ever think you are going to have kids?
bobbylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 06:44 PM   #66
Nick H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
How is life lush? Things going well for you? Ever think you are going to have kids?
If the drugs haven't fried my sperm cells I hope to have kids in the next couple years..

I already have 4 nieces, & 5 God children..
Old 07-03-2016, 06:44 PM   #67
Nick H.

How bout u playa mayen?
Old 07-03-2016, 08:52 PM   #68
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Winning ppl over who don't fuck with your shit is a good sign and something I aspire to. Don't see the humor in that. & don't try to act like your opinion is the general consensus. Although I do find you have some on point opinions, your a 17 year old kid from rural England who has already expressed distaste for me on multiple occasions. Your not the barometer of "we".. Regardless I've been relatively successful (international tours, song placements in commercials, movies etc, multiple releases on indie labels that were profitable over the past 17 years) despite never having my music fully embraced by the battle rap community- who I don't make my shit to appease.. Although I do appreciate anyone who supports anything I create.

The joints/verses I've leaked only glimpse at the projects are like.

Regardless, if you actually did even peep it, I appreciate the listen. I'm a versatile enough artist where I'd be surprised if there was something in my catalog you didn't like.. It tends to take afew years after I put somethin out for it to get appreciated fully...

I'll put MUSIC FOR DOPE RUNS up against pretty much any battle rap related release, personally.. That's me though.

I'm not here to rattle off accomplishments to jaded/frustrated teenagers.. Either you like it or it's not for you, either way thank you for checking.
want me to break this down paragraph by paragraph?

you don't do commercials. you're not even remotely as successful as you'd like to believe -- you know why? you're still posting your shit here. (also, i'm from florida -- carol city, to be exact! how crazy is THAT. i turn 18 on the 7th.)

bigg k's doomsday and tsu surf/general jersey battler music are far and away the best battle rap related musical releases i've seen -- other than that, it all flies under the radar and with good reason, these artists condition themselves for a certain format and fnd it difficult to deviate -- for you to compare yourself is unfair, because you don't even fucking battle, you've got nothing but a 100% allocation to music and it's still not stacking up to what battlers doing 50/50 are making. also, cortez's class all by myself and exception mixtapes both go harder than this. sorry.

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:58 PM   #69
Nick H.

Thanks for your opinion bro.. Hopefully I got some other joints that you like more.. I wish I had far more time to devote to music but trust me there's unfortunately a lot more to my life.

Regardless shouts to Dade County, Sak Pase mayen.. Hope your enjoying your holiday!
Old 07-03-2016, 09:04 PM   #70
Nick H.

& yes I have had songs in commercials, tv, & mainstream radio rotation in various markets.. Not that that's anything special..

Follow me on snap I posted a Ganga clips of new dope songs : lushone
Old 07-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #71
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Quote:
How bout u playa mayen?
I have been doing alright. Off for the summer, just hanging out with my kids. Hitting the gym and trying to stave off crippling depression caused by my kids driving me crazy. It works OK.

The drugs didn't fry my sperm. I smoked weed for years all day every day and did mushrooms wayyy too many times and I am fertile as fuck. Literally discussed getting pregnant with the gynecologist and were pregnant the next month. Dude was like "I have never had someone get pregnant so fast." I need a fucking vasectomy though because I couldn't handle another baby. Especially with all this sub par tinder tale I been smashing. My wife left me like a year and a half ago. Best thing that ever happened to me. Just been meditating on the regular ever since.
bobbylight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 11:23 PM   #72
barack mo drama

barack mo drama is not the worst person
Quote:
Same order
Wow, wasnt expecting that

You and FLO should return in a two on two vs jaze juice\frankie wapps in a mystery match up at the bunker. Fire.
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 05:33 PM   #73
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Not that I'm a hater but I didn't want to have to click the link.
Gave it a listen cause I'm my own worst enemy.
bout the 2nd most downloadable song from you since EverWest 310 or something. That song was produced with care and take. This one was dece, with the appreciation for the image logo
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 07:03 PM   #74
GMajor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
GMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylight View Post
The drugs didn't fry my sperm. I smoked weed for years all day every day and did mushrooms wayyy too many times and I am fertile as fuck.
Don't think Lush is worried about the weed and shrooms being the culprit (of "fried sperm")......I mean, I totally agree with you----those 2 things aren't going to hurt you at all...xanny's and opiates are a whole other song though. Those jawns might gobble some kids up in the long term.

If that IS the concern (weed and shrooms), no need to sweat them, Lush. Just tell Helen to get off the pill and start bussin away! (with all due respect to Mrs. H) Personally, I'm all for a Lush Two ("Dos" maybe....you'll need to work on that).

Whatever you do @Nick H. , go head and keep expressin yourself. (Sometimes hate is just as strong as love, when it comes to "creatin a buzz"....Shit, look what it's doin for Desiigner's "Timmy Turner" XXL "Freestyle"....that song didn't even get mixed down yet, and it's already certified to do numbers (off 50% hate reactions).
GMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:46 AM   #75
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
https://youtu.be/tzZe7ev1AAI

Can't believe it's been 10 years since I did that
lmaoooo

this shit goes
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:13 PM   #76
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Got harder ones to come I'll be psyched if u actually fuk wit of them

Soldiers Unified for Cash! That's what's up!

I still have my SUC cassettes (among others) and a working Walkman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #77
Nick H.

Then there's this -

https://soundcloud.com/lushone/right
Old 08-09-2016, 11:52 AM   #78
ToddMargaret

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
ToddMargaret is not the worst person
it was really weird becuase we know you don't usually rap like that.
But i like weird, and i actually really liked this!

Seems like everytime i listen to something from you its completely difrent, i like that.
You could do the weirdest fucking album ever
ToddMargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:53 PM   #79
Topgunz

Topgunz is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageRam View Post
if you really got bars why dont you battle then?
Don't give this nigga any ideas.
Topgunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:57 PM   #80
Spacelab

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
Lyrics dope, flow is dope

but what are you doing with your voice? Like a accent or something? Don't sound like you spoke before.

Tags
pause