Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Where does Pat Stay rank on your "list"?

Old 09-07-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Where does Pat Stay rank on your "list"?

This dude has a great resume and never seems to have been CLEARLY beaten. He is super well-rounded and I feel like i've underrated the dude. might have him top 5 now.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:21 PM   #2
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
This dude has a great resume and never seems to have been CLEARLY beaten. He is super well-rounded and I feel like i've underrated the dude. might have him top 5 now.
Calicoe

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:26 PM   #3
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
nice... here is white code word for nigger
I see you @Seanzo

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 09-07-2018, 07:39 PM   #4
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
Been trash since his Head Ice battle. A few decent rounds here and there (vs. No Shame, vs. Tony D). However, overall he is very over hyped, and based on interviews he has done, has it in his head that he does not need to prepare as thoroughly anymore.
Symphoniez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:49 PM   #5
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
has a good resume but most of his battles after head ice seems to just be him coasting through a battle off his charisma. bigg k killed him pretty clearly imo also pat stay was really good vs aye verb.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:09 PM   #6
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
One of the most well rounded battlers period. He's started to oversaturate himself a bit over the years but i think people have overblown how much he's "fallen off".

he was great against Verb, Danny and No Shame recently. Even that battle against that G Double dude was hilarious. He's gotten much better at spreading his jokes throughout his verses as opposed to dedicating one round to them....really good comedic timing for a battle rapper. isn't bar heavy but he ALWAYS has a couple haymakers in his battles. great writer, accessible and simplistic in a good way.

he does have losses though. he's lost all his Massacre battles imo. But they're also all really fire battles and it ain't like he's getting bagged. His performances against K and Hollow were both great imo despite losing. Even his Calicoe battle had some bright spots. Lost to Illmac clearly too. Can't think of any others he's lost.

it's a shame we never got to see him vs. bender. could have been a classic. Those two are easily the top 2 Canadian battlers of all time and their spots aren't likely to be taken ever (Twist is the only one that someone could make an argument for that i wouldn't immediately laugh at).

Last edited by Casual; 09-07-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 08:28 PM   #7
Symphoniez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
(Twist is the only one that someone could make an argument for that i wouldn't immediately laugh at).

A refined/current Hollohan? Pesci? Osa?
Old 09-07-2018, 08:29 PM   #8
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
One of the most well rounded battlers period. He's started to oversaturate himself a bit over the years but i think people have overblown how much he's "fallen off".

he was great against Verb, Danny and No Shame recently. Even that battle against that G Double dude was hilarious. He's gotten much better at spreading his jokes throughout his verses as opposed to dedicating one round to them....really good comedic timing for a battle rapper. isn't bar heavy but he ALWAYS has a couple haymakers in his battles. great writer, accessible and simplistic in a good way.

he does have losses though. he's lost all his Massacre battles imo. But they're also all really fire battles and it ain't like he's getting bagged. His performances against K and Hollow were both great imo despite losing. Even his Calicoe battle had some bright spots. Lost to Illmac clearly too. Can't think of any others he's lost.

it's a shame we never got to see him vs. bender. could have been a classic. Those two are easily the top 2 Canadian battlers of all time and their spots aren't likely to be taken ever (Twist is the only one that someone could make an argument for that i wouldn't immediately laugh at).
Patricia is fire yet its that slim shady fag swag, you put words together good, but where is that real nigga feel? He just might be the toughest nigga in nova scotia

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 09-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #9
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphoniez View Post
A refined/current Hollohan? Pesci? Osa?
I mean, I'm talking from an all time perspective based on what they've actually done. Not in terms of a theoretical refined version.

In theory Pesci or Osa in their prime could have beaten Pat/Bender (Pesc arguably did beat Bender. Osa had a very short prime), but their overall resumes just don't hold up. They would need to come back to battling on some very very next level shit and sustain it for a decent period of time to crawl back into the conversation. Pesci and Hollohan would be pretty firmly in the next tier imo...probably with Osa in the tier after that. Reasons for that....

Hollohan:

Fell off pretty hard imo and even in his peak he was missing a certain something. His best two performances by far are Cortez and Pat and other than that his only really good ones would be Twist and Jack Shitt.

Pesci:

I'd have considered him in the conversation and neck and neck with Bender up until he actually battled Bender. After that he fell pretty far behind with his only real good performance being the 2v2 against Crugeurgh. The Sketch battle he was okay in. Had some serious stinkers

Osa:

He just lacks the resume really. He had two great performances against 24/7 and Sonny with no real standout performances before or after. Shit the bed against Soul.

If I had to rank Canadian battlers on an all time basis it would go:

Pat/Bender

Twist

Pesci
Hollohan

Sketch
Osa

After that it's a gigantic drop off.

Last edited by Casual; 09-07-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:46 PM   #10
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

this nigga is pat stay ^^^^^^
i have never seen a nigga defend a ritz like this

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 09-07-2018, 08:48 PM   #11
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Tbh won watch a stay battle unless the opponent is someone good
Old 09-07-2018, 08:50 PM   #12
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
lmao it's less defending pat and more just being honest that the canadian battling scene has very few people worth talking about.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #13
Symphoniez

Quote:
lmao it's less defending pat and more just being honest that the canadian battling scene has very few people worth talking about.
You make a very sound and logical arguement for your list. While I could nitpick it abit, I generally agree overall.

I also agree that the talent pool in Canada is very shallow. Aside from Illipsis, and maybe DDSS if he evolved a bit, there really is not anyone else notable in the pipelines.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #14
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
this made me for some reason lmao

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 09-07-2018, 08:53 PM   #15
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Facts, pat is the best there. rip to bender,
boy was flames

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 09-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #16
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Calicoe
him too... but i thought yung ill killed him back in the day... cal's been super unbeatable since tho

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 09-07-2018, 08:55 PM   #17
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
this made me for some reason lmao
whas good stormfront?
my nigga Tommy interviewed the OG David Duke

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 09-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #18
Milkman45

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Milkman45 is not the worst person
Pats the best in Canada

Not sure I'd put him in a top 5 but close
Milkman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #19
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Probably around #10 all time... without me actually having the desire to make a list right now. Definitely #2 out of Canada for me with only Bender being better.
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #20
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Some people got Sharon beating Tay-Roc
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:05 PM   #21
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Some people got Sharon beating Tay-Roc
some people are white and also enjoy heroin
Old 09-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #22
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
Other people say 3-0 Clips
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #23
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphoniez View Post
You make a very sound and logical arguement for your list. While I could nitpick it abit, I generally agree overall.

I also agree that the talent pool in Canada is very shallow. Aside from Illipsis, and maybe DDSS if he evolved a bit, there really is not anyone else notable in the pipelines.
yeah illipsis is definitely the best up and comer here tbh. not even really close. i just can't see anyone else breaking into that list because ultimately even someone just as talented came along you need the scene surrounding them to let them reach those levels. those guys all came up more or less in the KOTD golden era. Pretty much all their notable battles happened in the same time period from when the first GP was going till WD3ish. exceptions to that would be Twist who I put so high a lot due to him being basically the OG and the only real Canadian to be relevant prior to the written era (except Rich I guess.) And Sketch who I feel like really broke out after the golden era which is probably why he's not rated higher...the Soul battle on is when sketch really was on his shit but Canadian events started going downhill then.

Pat and Bender definitely had the highest peaks for KOTD battlers and sustained it longer than anyone. Pat has always been the #1 draw from Canada, and probably always will be tbh. He's never lost to a Canadian either but to be fair he's never faced anyone on that list besides Hollohan. Bender vs. Pat in their primes would have been incredible. Pat vs. Twist would be crazy too tbh.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:40 PM   #24
Casual

Quote:
him too... but i thought yung ill killed him back in the day... cal's been super unbeatable since tho
cal has the best resume in battle rap.

once he gets the opportunity to bag mook he's in conversation for the goat imo.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:41 PM   #25
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Pat is easily top 5 imo. His battle vs Hollow was a classic. And anybody that says Cal beat him is just biased.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:58 PM   #26
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
cal has the best resume in battle rap.

once he gets the opportunity to bag mook he's in conversation for the goat imo.
mook would never battle cal... cal is too real

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 09-07-2018, 11:59 PM   #27
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
Pat is easily top 5 imo. His battle vs Hollow was a classic. And anybody that says Cal beat him is just biased.
i agree with both statements. he was never "punked" by cal either...and at the time i liked cal more than pat too

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Old 09-08-2018, 12:32 AM   #28
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
only clear loss is Illmac. Calicoe embarrassed himself and didn't even have great lines - Hollow lost. Barely. Used a gimmick which didn't really work and got fucking ROASTED in the third worse than anyone has.

That said, Pat's only top in Canada. Probably near the bottom of my top 10.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 01:21 AM   #29
phoenix

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
phoenix is not the worst person
Quote:

Pesci:

I'd have considered him in the conversation and neck and neck with Bender up until he actually battled Bender. After that he fell pretty far behind with his only real good performance being the 2v2 against Crugeurgh. The Sketch battle he was okay in
Pesci killed it vs Oshea tbh. One of the best performances of a non British battler on DF ever
phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 07:30 AM   #30
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
FACTS!
pill game on fleek in DC

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 09-08-2018, 10:44 AM   #31
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Canada's big problem is that the next generation are hilarius mismatches with the way Organik wants his league to be seen, lol. Organik wants KOTD to be seen as one of the cool kids (I guarantee Cortez vs ICE for the chain was a dream come true) , but Illipsis, Charron, Chedda etc are never going to be the cool kids.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:47 AM   #32
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
As for Pat, he needs to get rid of his formulaic approach (One bars, one joke, one character assassination), but he is one of the few that I actually enjoy watching. Good Pat is crazy entertaining, bad Pat is utterly unwatchable (Serius, brrrr!). Most of the time I'd rather be entertained than bored by ten billion syllables with ten different meanings, so Pat is definitely top ten for me.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:59 PM   #33
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Pat is good. But only ever good.

Around the time the whole ‘street vs nerd’ thing popped off, I stopped liking him as much. I mean he’s not bad, but he’s never hit the levels of a lot of other top tiers
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #34
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Very High.

Most negative narratives about Pat are dated and no longer valid
even when they were more valid, they were only partially true:
"he does too much joking"- this was very true for a while, but only because his corny joke 2nd rounds were a bit too corny-when hes funny hes actually hilarious
"he only battles in Canada"-he didn't at all but when he regularly started doing American battles it turned to ..
"he has fallen off"-truth be told he only really lost lost to Serius Jones and DNA in that whole time: I'll never give Cal that battle idgaf-it was a low point for Cal, a stain in his legacy
he dog-walked John John but people somehow give it to JJ becuz they like methodical drawn-out played shit spit clean better than dope shit a tad sloppy
He beat Hollow both times imo in great debatable battles (the first one was especially dope)
K was cringy asf in their battle so I cant watch it again but I swear I had Pat then too...

Fast forward to now wit the whole cleaned-up act/sober Pat and we got a cat who appears is gonna end up on the right side of history

He gets booked twice on RBE and despite people coming to the battles with stubborn outdated expectations of how Pat will come, his more focused current self ends up being a breath of fresh air in a time of clones and monotony

bout to be on URL because they also watch the actual happenings

He was smart to stick it out through the rocky period
Neanderthol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8216, 8217