Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Bodied Movie showtimes in the Bay Area

Old 10-29-2018, 07:15 PM   #1
Slug2003

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Slug2003 is a PY Poster
Bodied Movie showtimes in the Bay Area

Was looking at the showtimes for Bodied and it says nothing about a screening in Oakland or SF. How are you gonna have a battle rap movie that is set in Oakland (fictional) and not have a screening there? If anyone on here has any more information about a screening in the Bay Area and if you planning on going please post. Would be cool to see some of the old grindtime heads.
Slug2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
You should follow Ruin Your Day on Facebook. Avocado has been posting a lot about it and has even had some free tickets available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:37 PM   #3
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
They had an advance screening in SF that I missed but I wasn’t that worried because I thought SF showings were a given once it actually came out. I’m really surprised that it doesn’t seem like there’s anything happening with this in the bay
WallaceBread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:22 AM   #4
Slug2003

Slug2003 is a PY Poster
I heard about the SF screening about a week late, I probably would have tried to go. They have a bunch of screenings in Texas for whatever reason, nobody from there is even featured in the movie. I like what Avo is doing with that showing in Burbank, having Battlers show up. Somebody up here needs to do that, would be a good time to film a cypher.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Grabbed some for the Toronto show. Should be good.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:24 PM   #6
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
I thought it dropped on YouTube Red today? Nov 3rd? Not seeing any info. Was considering a trial to check it out.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:00 PM   #7
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Grabbed a ticket for a showing in Manhattan tonight. Will give a seasoned review afterwards.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:31 PM   #8
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
I thought it dropped on YouTube Red today? Nov 3rd? Not seeing any info. Was considering a trial to check it out.
Think YT eventually compromised on a month or so of limited theatrical release before it comes out as exclusive to their platform (hence the premiere and various limited showings in larger markets rn)
Old 11-04-2018, 02:27 AM   #9
Sky2real

Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Currently in the theater. There seems to be a decent mix of real niggas and nerdbirds

Old 11-04-2018, 02:33 AM   #10
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by illipsis View Post
Think YT eventually compromised on a month or so of limited theatrical release before it comes out as exclusive to their platform (hence the premiere and various limited showings in larger markets rn)
Thanks for the update my dude. I plan on paying to see it regardless of the platform it's on.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:51 AM   #11
Sky2real

This review has slight SPOILERS

Just came out the theater. There was a lot of cringe, but overall this was entertaining and a good look for battle rap. MAJOR props to Diz most of all. He really shined.

About 20 minutes into the movie, a couple loud people walked in. They were talking through the whole movie and making hilarious jokes. At one point, Diz knocks out the main character’s tooth and one of the guys yells “Hey it’s DNA!!!” and all the real fans started cracking up. And then one of the characters chokes and one of the guys yells “Ok chess!!!” and the other dude laughs and says “shut the fuck up don’t violate lol”.

When the movie ends and the lights come on, I look at dude on the right and realize it’s actually chess That made all their jokes even funnier in retrospect. I dapped him and told him keep doing his thing and I enjoyed his Twork battle. He was super cool.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #12
WallaceBread
Shit like that

WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It's opening in SF this weekend, who's tryna go
Old 11-07-2018, 06:09 AM   #13
azhotazice
Instagram @azhotazice

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
azhotazice is not the worst person
Saw it in Burbank on Sunday with the wifey, Kid Twist was there along with the director, gave him props on the script and the cameo, he said he let the battle rappers write most of their own battle verses in the movie, kept everything authentic.

Saw Avo and the whole group waiting for the 9:30 showing, let me know if anyone wants a review of the movie or in general what I can do to help the movie get more word of mouth.

It advertises itself as a YouTube original so I guess they branding movies now like Netflix?
Old 11-07-2018, 10:39 PM   #14
Slug2003

Slug2003 is a PY Poster
It is opening Friday in Oakland and SF, no information about locations or show times yet via @BodiedMovie on twitter
Old 11-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #15
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug2003 View Post
It is opening Friday in Oakland and SF, no information about locations or show times yet via @BodiedMovie on twitter
it's all here man, I got tickets https://www.bodiedmovie.com/

Last edited by WallaceBread; 11-07-2018 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:07 AM   #16
barz2AM
NawmSayin

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
barz2AM is a PY Poster
I'm just waitin for the rip. Don't judge me.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:15 PM   #17
FORCEDMULTI

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
FORCEDMULTI is not the worst person
Just saw it in Manhattan. Charron did Billy Boondocks dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FORCEDMULTI is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221