Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Quarterfinals for the SMACK Tourney today...

Old 08-15-2020, 11:24 PM   #1
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quarterfinals for the SMACK Tourney today...

Mike P v Bill Collector

Mr. Wavy v Nunn Nunn

Holmzie da God v Emerson Kennedy

Tink da Demon v Danny Meyers

thoughts?

anybody watching this?
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 11:35 PM   #2
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think Emerson/Holmzie was the only judging decision I didn't agree with, I personally had Emerson with the 1st and 3rd, but I agreed with the other outcomes the judges had for the battles. It was interesting to see Goodz taking Iron's place as a judge, added a different dynamic I guess. But generally speaking I think this was mostly a weekend full of upsets, and no one's bracket is still standing at this point.

Danny vs. Holmzie and Bill vs. Nunn should be interesting style clashes, I'm looking forward to seeing how those turn out. It looks like Th3 Saga vs. Franchise, Steams vs. Reepah Rell and JC vs. Kid Chaos are happening next week, so I'm guessing Loso vs. Ryda and Glueazy vs. Young Kannon are being saved for either 2 weeks from today or for the weekend after the semifinals. Bummed that Pat Stay vs. K-Shine fell through again also.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 12:39 AM   #3
Feral Linguist
otbva

@iamHBY you're the man

Bill winning over Mike P is amazing

shame about EK but Holmzie is also underrated and needs more exposure

have Holmzie and Meyers battled before? or is that just my imagination?

Goodz seems like he would be a good judge, he comes across to me as the kind of person who knows shit better than he can express it, if that makes any sense?

Kind of like Dirtbag dan and JohnJohn, better league owners than battlers, imho - they still have important roles in the culture.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:59 AM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think that people haven't been paying attention if they think BC beating Mike is an upset. BC had an outstanding year last year, whereas Mike's was choppy to say the least.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 02:14 PM   #5
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Method Man snapping on Danny Myers after Danny vs. Tink happened was so weird to watch. Also, good on Danny for the water freestyle at the top of his 3rd, especially after how funny it was to watch him scurry to get Tink a water.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 03:47 PM   #6
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i only got one prediction right im enjoying this tournie though even with some questionable decisions in this and the last tournie i think judging being implemented is a good look
Old 08-17-2020, 11:59 AM   #7
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
Mike P v Bill Collector

Mr. Wavy v Nunn Nunn

Holmzie da God v Emerson Kennedy

Tink da Demon v Danny Meyers

thoughts?

anybody watching this?
Battlers I want to win: BC, wavy, EK, Tink but Iím guessing mike p and Danny will get thru

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 12:17 PM   #8
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Battlers I want to win: BC, wavy, EK, Tink but Iím guessing mike p and Danny will get thru
Spoiler alert:

BC whooped some Mike P ass!
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 08-17-2020, 12:30 PM   #9
Feral Linguist
otbva

it really doesn't surprise me that Bill Collector did win, at this point he's honestly been "top-tier", and he's one of those people with the most potent x-factor/seventh sense/whatever up there with O-Solo exclusively

I'm not even a fan of Mike P - not sure where/why I gathered that the world was on his dick lately
Old 08-17-2020, 03:31 PM   #10
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
it really doesn't surprise me that Bill Collector did win, at this point he's honestly been "top-tier", and he's one of those people with the most potent x-factor/seventh sense/whatever up there with O-Solo exclusively

I'm not even a fan of Mike P - not sure where/why I gathered that the world was on his dick lately
i just recently re-watched bill collector against hitman and goddamn. bill's first round could be one of my favs of all time.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

current top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, pat stay, loaded lux, geechi gotti
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #11
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Spoiler alert:

BC whooped some Mike P ass!
Good. enough of mike p

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-17-2020, 11:01 PM   #12
mek

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
mek is not the worst person
mike p really isnt that good, he had 2/3 good battles, where he took off at least 1 round in each battle. dude is a lazy writer imo
mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 11:44 AM   #13
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
mike p really isnt that good, he had 2/3 good battles, where he took off at least 1 round in each battle. dude is a lazy writer imo
Mike p seems pretty hit or miss to me. Math said that heís an amazing writer but has issues getting his point across. And a lot if you think heís just a lazy writer. Iíve never made it thru a mike p round - Iíve got to give him a shot.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-19-2020, 12:40 PM   #14
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Mike p seems pretty hit or miss to me. Math said that heís an amazing writer but has issues getting his point across. And a lot if you think heís just a lazy writer. Iíve never made it thru a mike p round - Iíve got to give him a shot.
Probably the right decision. I just don't get the Mike P appeal either. He usually has one good round, but it's usually well written but not all that impactful.
Old 08-21-2020, 12:43 AM   #15
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

holmzie tha god really impressed me vs saga. havent seen him vs ek tho

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will