Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
BR attempts to cancel Avo the day after standing for him against Caffeine

Old 08-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #1
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
BR attempts to cancel Avo the day after standing for him against Caffeine

Well if you haven't been keeping up with the day to day drama of battle rap, things have been wild.

First it comes out that Caffeine had decided to not use Avocado or Twizz in any capacity for their future events. Avocado released a blog on his feelings and BR showered both him and Twizz with love and gratitude for the work done in the culture.

I believe that was the day before yesterday. Well today a video with footage of 24/7, Avo, and Bag from DF's Bad Bars resurfaces with Avo laughing at racist comments made by 24/7. At one point Avo, albeit drunk, actually toasts him.

The twitterverse explodes. "Get Avo the fuck outa here," "Welp hes done," "chickens always come home to roost," etc...

Avo responds.

people continue to weigh in:

BR wild outchea. This shit gives me legit PTSD sometimes smh

Last edited by Neanderthol; 08-26-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:15 PM   #2
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Has Avo ever really sold himself as some great bastion of PC though? He had always been about being a fuck up, at least to me.

That said if this gets rid of some of the Cult of Avocado losers, I won't be entirely mad.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:35 PM   #3
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Mentioned: 258 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Has Avo ever really sold himself as some great bastion of PC though? He had always been about being a fuck up, at least to me.

That said if this gets rid of some of the Cult of Avocado losers, I won't be entirely mad.
The ruin your hour sobriety series can be seen as some life coach shit. Is life coaching synonymous with PC, maybe.

The apology makes him look weak, but I don't think he should be canceled for this.
The awkward remarks of 24/7 seem par for the course. Can anyone really be surprised that a situation like that would have occurred?

Avocado does have a lot of followers. Maybe as penalty he should have to make a new twitter name w/o "god" in it.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 02:17 AM   #4
clapburn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
clapburn is a PY Poster
What are battle rappers even gonna rap about next year the way this shit is going? Pretty soon fake guns will be off limits. Its a well known sterotype that is not true, like almost all are not. The dude laughed. Sensitive pussies taking over 2021. Madness
clapburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 02:19 AM   #5
clapburn

clapburn is a PY Poster
Asian jokes are still cool for now.. til the tapes get revisited next year.. then con and diz are done.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:32 AM   #6
clapburn

clapburn is a PY Poster
Ah shit i just watched the video. Lol. Yea thats white people. I thought he laughed at a 24/7 battle on cam. Its not a good look, but come on yall
Old 08-27-2020, 10:06 AM   #7
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
He had always been about being a fuck up, at least to me.

What do you mean by this?

Btw, in case anyone was wondering... i fuck with verb as a battler, not really as a person.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #8
Uza
VIP

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Uza is not the worst person
Yeah this whole situation is a bit of a shitshow. Since there’s no real objective opinion for how to react to this I guess it’s just a matter of letting the public tide roll in and see if he sinks or floats.
Uza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:07 AM   #9
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uza View Post
Yeah this whole situation is a bit of a shitshow. Since there’s no real objective opinion for how to react to this I guess it’s just a matter of letting the public tide roll in and see if he sinks or floats.
Or you could stand up for your friend. If everybody gets canceled because they laughed at a racist joke from years ago, NOBODY will have a job. We have to stop rewarding snakes for digging up dirt on good people. We should stand against mass hysteria and witch hunts and judge the person as a whole.

We are such voyeuristic pieces of shit.

Now should we hold avo accountable? Sure. Maybe he could invite bdot on his show to rip him a new asshole. Just enough with the canceling.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #10
rogermellie

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
I thought that something like this might happen eventually, but I always thought it would be a more general thing about the Fresh Coast. I think people need to chill on jumping up to defend Avo by writing this whole thing off as just another example of "cancel culture". At the end of the day, if URL didn't feel like they could work with him anymore would that be all that hard to understand?

Reading some of the reactions from black battlers & fans you can see that they genuinely feel hurt or betrayed by this clip, for them it's a confirmation that this is how white people talk about them behind their backs, even the 'good' ones. Regardless of what you might say about the person who dug this clip out and their intentions, we shouldn't just dismiss those feelings. Part of the reason why this is only being properly addressed 6 years later is because back then Avocado worked for KOTD, and the white majority (me included) had their fingers in their ears. There were always people who tried to call this kind of shit out and they were regularly waved away or ganged up on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:09 PM   #11
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
What do you mean by this?

Btw, in case anyone was wondering... i fuck with verb as a battler, not really as a person.
Verb's response is hypocritical. Avo laughed at a racist joke, and Verb is so enraged that he starts off addressing Avo as punk ass white boy.

Can def see why Verb is mad tho.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:12 PM   #12
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Yeah this whole situation is a bit of a shitshow. Since thereís no real objective opinion for how to react to this I guess itís just a matter of letting the public tide roll in and see if he sinks or floats.
Actually, you can just give your own opinion lol

"no real objective opinion" what exactly does that mean? objective opinion is an oxymoron and we aren't even in Russia
Old 08-27-2020, 12:14 PM   #13
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Or you could stand up for your friend. If everybody gets canceled because they laughed at a racist joke from years ago, NOBODY will have a job. We have to stop rewarding snakes for digging up dirt on good people. We should stand against mass hysteria and witch hunts and judge the person as a whole.

We are such voyeuristic pieces of shit.

Now should we hold avo accountable? Sure. Maybe he could invite bdot on his show to rip him a new asshole. Just enough with the canceling.
Na, Avo should have more self respect than to invite a flogging. He doesn't deserve to be ridiculed and publically shamed. Especially by his friends. He apologized. End of story. Accept is or not. Unless he gets off on humiliation then more power to him
Old 08-27-2020, 12:14 PM   #14
Ayo!

Ayo! is not the worst person
I figured something like this would happen when Avocado came out hard against Caffeine. He came off as very egotistical in that video.

This apology is pathetic. 77% of blacks are born into single mother homes. There's a reason you guys said it and laughed at it. Because it's true.
Ayo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:17 PM   #15
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Verb's response is hypocritical. Avo laughed at a racist joke, and Verb is so enraged that he starts off addressing Avo as punk ass white boy.

Can def see why Verb is mad tho.
Donít get me wrong... verb has a right to be mad. Itís just as an aside that I donít like how he treats women.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-27-2020, 12:18 PM   #16
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
I thought that something like this might happen eventually, but I always thought it would be a more general thing about the Fresh Coast. I think people need to chill on jumping up to defend Avo by writing this whole thing off as just another example of "cancel culture". At the end of the day, if URL didn't feel like they could work with him anymore would that be all that hard to understand?

Reading some of the reactions from black battlers & fans you can see that they genuinely feel hurt or betrayed by this clip, for them it's a confirmation that this is how white people talk about them behind their backs, even the 'good' ones. Regardless of what you might say about the person who dug this clip out and their intentions, we shouldn't just dismiss those feelings. Part of the reason why this is only being properly addressed 6 years later is because back then Avocado worked for KOTD, and the white majority (me included) had their fingers in their ears. There were always people who tried to call this kind of shit out and they were regularly waved away or ganged up on.
It was def a wack joke and cowardly to laugh at ( for a non racist) But to keep it a buck they were drinking and busting balls -- not conspiring to give blacks higher mortgage rates
Old 08-27-2020, 12:20 PM   #17
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayo! View Post
I figured something like this would happen when Avocado came out hard against Caffeine. He came off as very egotistical in that video.

This apology is pathetic. 77% of blacks are born into single mother homes. There's a reason you guys said it and laughed at it. Because it's true.
Then its the same reason blacks laugh ar whites for being goofy on the dance floor
Old 08-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #18
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Donít get me wrong... verb has a right to be mad. Itís just as an aside that I donít like how he treats women.
I get your point homeslice
Old 08-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #19
rogermellie

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Na, Avo should have more self respect than to invite a flogging. He doesn't deserve to be ridiculed and publically shamed. Especially by his friends. He apologized. End of story. Accept is or not. Unless he gets off on humiliation then more power to him
Yeah I've seen this idea floated about a bit and I can't imagine B Dot or Oops would actually want to do that either.
Quote:
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #20
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
-I- think an apology suffices. But if you have the platform and view yourself as a beacon of advice then it might be a good thing to have a learning experience.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-27-2020, 12:24 PM   #21
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Yeah I've seen this idea floated about a bit and I can't imagine B Dot or Oops would actually want to do that either.
Bill Maher did it with his liberal black friends

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-27-2020, 12:29 PM   #22
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
If B-Dot is his friend, then he's not going to want to kick Avo when he is down. Privately, a WTF! is in order. Salute to Geechi for riding with him.. I bet that will hurt Geechi stock or at minimum create an angle against him.. can Geechi flip it?
Old 08-27-2020, 12:30 PM   #23
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
-I- think an apology suffices. But if you have the platform and view yourself as a beacon of advice then it might be a good thing to have a learning experience.
I hear you.. maybe he should rethink the sage advice talks if that's what he is doing
Old 08-27-2020, 12:31 PM   #24
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Bill Maher did it with his liberal black friends
Got a link for that?
Old 08-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #25
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Got a link for that?
Search bill Maher apology racial slur and u should find it. I think it was 2017.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #26
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:

I hear you. I’m just saying when we judge somebody we should look at the whole person. I think a lot of people (not you) are quick to bury others who make mistakes. Mike millberry just got fired for saying that women are a distraction for players. I think a lot of people have too quick of a trigger finger. I think it’s good that we hold people accountable for saying racist things; I just think we are too quick, as a society, to strip people of their livelyhoods. So maybe I reacted too emotionally because avo seems like a genuinely nice guy.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will

Last edited by Abstrakt; 08-27-2020 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:53 PM   #27
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Search bill Maher apology racial slur and u should find it. I think it was 2017.
Interesting controversy. The clip with Ice Cube, right? I agree with Ice Cube.. Maher was talking like that because he is somewhat familiar with black culture.. not out of malevolent intent. still a dumb comment. That being said, Bill has made a career out of being politically incorrect
Old 08-27-2020, 12:56 PM   #28
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
o strip people of their livelyhoods.
Twitter makes it very easy to do that. I don't think that site will be around in 10 years. Rogan recently said that in addition to saying that words will go away aided by his friend Elon Musk's neurolink
Old 08-27-2020, 01:08 PM   #29
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Interesting controversy. The clip with Ice Cube, right? I agree with Ice Cube.. Maher was talking like that because he is somewhat familiar with black culture.. not out of malevolent intent. still a dumb comment. That being said, Bill has made a career out of being politically incorrect
Yup thatís the one.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-27-2020, 04:56 PM   #30
Uza
VIP

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Uza is not the worst person
Quote:
Actually, you can just give your own opinion lol

"no real objective opinion" what exactly does that mean? objective opinion is an oxymoron and we aren't even in Russia
Itís not as complicated as all that, comrade. I just mean that one person being mad and another being unfazed doesnít make either one right or wrong. Thereís a range of valid responses. I believe in Avocado but that doesnít mean I think this situation can just be brushed off.
Uza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:26 PM   #31
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 05:29 PM   #32
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Itís not as complicated as all that, comrade. I just mean that one person being mad and another being unfazed doesnít make either one right or wrong. Thereís a range of valid responses. I believe in Avocado but that doesnít mean I think this situation can just be brushed off.
Thanks for the clarification. I get what you are saying and I appreciate your come si dice...Glasnost
Old 08-27-2020, 09:10 PM   #33
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

i think it matters more what the black battlers think. heres jaz and surf discussing the Avo video. kinda weak quality but what the hell.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 08-28-2020, 12:54 AM   #34
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Avo's gonna be on an episode of Geechi's No Studio'N Podcast tonight about the video (the episode should be up tomorrow or Saturday), and he's also doing a Ruin Your Hour stream on Sunday with Geechi, Pass, RX and Sistar Outspoken to talk about the video, accountability and more.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 12:56 AM   #35
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Old 08-28-2020, 12:57 AM   #36
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

@iamHBY why'd you block DME Detroit?
Old 08-28-2020, 03:31 AM   #37
Water Mage

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
He used to film battles and edited them so dope
Then 24/7 was racist, Avo, it aint cool to give him a toast, bro
Then the camera man was cancelled, hid in a camper van in Pakistan dolo
Now avocado is toast, instagram photo

Last edited by Water Mage; 08-28-2020 at 03:36 AM.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 03:42 AM   #38
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
He used to film battles and edited them so dope
Then 24/7 was racist, Avo, it aint cool to give him a toast, bro
Then the camera man was cancelled, hid in a camper van in Pakistan dolo
Now avocado is toast, instagram photo
touche
Old 08-28-2020, 03:58 AM   #39
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Avo's gonna be on an episode of Geechi's No Studio'N Podcast tonight about the video (the episode should be up tomorrow or Saturday), and he's also doing a Ruin Your Hour stream on Sunday with Geechi, Pass, RX and Sistar Outspoken to talk about the video, accountability and more.
I said some racist things, but I was a drunk idiot. Look at all these black people I am friends with. There saved you two hours...
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 04:13 AM   #40
Water Mage

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
touche
T o u c h e !

I'm not big on PC culture, mostly because it sees racism lurking around every corner, and takes attention away from genuine racism or hate, which deserves to be brought to justice.

And what we see in that video is deplorable--Blatantly racist, condescending, clearly mean-spirited laughter and an overall air of superiority. I wouldn't want black folk to think that even the "decent" white people bully other ethnic groups and talk this type of shit about them when they aren't around behind closed doors. I see hip hop as a great way to bring different people from different backgrounds together, united as one, so watching this video is like a knife in the heart for me

I grew up in a very redneck province but I've never heard anything like the filth that 24/7 was speaking. WTF?

I love how 24/7's image is getting smeared in this too, I always knew he was a walking talking shit stain glorified as messiah by the hipsters.. Watching them take swigs from their beers and throwing their heads back in glee and watching 24's mouth moving behind that greasy goatee makes me sick... It's like two pigs bathing in their own excrement and having a jolly good time of it

Where the 24/7 fanboys at now? lol, oh yeah, they already went extinct... Like a bunch of baby brontosauruses lol...

Last edited by Water Mage; 08-28-2020 at 08:57 PM.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8216, 8217, 8220, 8221