Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Jakkboy Maine: The FAILED URLtv Plant + Do your OWN Independent Research

Old 09-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #1
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Mentioned: 258 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Jakkboy Maine: The FAILED URLtv Plant + Do your OWN Independent Research

Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Old 09-10-2020, 06:49 AM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
No way I`m going to dive into this shitshow. Anyone who watched it explain?
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:30 AM   #4
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
i don't think there's a whole lot significant about Jakkboy...
Feral Linguist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:25 PM   #5
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
No way I`m going to dive into this shitshow. Anyone who watched it explain?
A new blogger, Adept HNIC, has set up a battle rap truth channel. The main reason I posted these videos is to introduce this board to his content. I've been watching his videos since the Avocado/ Racism scandal occurred and have found his content to be entertaining. I've skimmed this YouTube comment section and guys like AngryFan and DME have posted there. That being said, what is the significance of the Adept/ JBM situation?

Upon reflection, this probably is not the best topic on the channel. The reason I posted it is because in my limited experience, Truthers can come across with a vibe that they are infallible. And the 2nd video is a good example of how to issue an apology without losing face.

Putting this shit show into complete context with the theme of the channel might be the topic for another thread. But I'll try to explain what the JBM situation entails. First off, Adept is admitting (in the 2nd video) his theory of JBM being a URL plant wrong. and the reason being that JBM got his battle with JJDD is because he is a good shit talker.. not because he had a winning record going into the battle.. In other words, he didn't get JJDD because of skill and hard work in the ring. In the original video, Adpect HNIC states that JBM get 30'ed all the time and that is what I think JBM initially takes issue with.

In other words, the conflict stemmed from Adept suggesting that JBM is a plant. But it seems like things simmered down when they agreed he got the JJDD battle because he knows how to sell a battle. Also, being a plant insinuates that you had to "compromise" your self in some way... to walk thru the doors..

But what is a URL plant? (A plant would be someone that seemingly came out of nowhere) Basically, a large part of the message I've gleaned from the channel is that URL has changed since it was purchased by Caffeine. And those changes are bad for the BRC (battle rap community). If you're interested in a discussion of the changes and impacts or potential impacts of those occurring at the URL then check out is channel. But by URL plant he means that a lot of the young guys in the tournaments are plants. And there is an agenda behind the plants. For example, we might soon see a rapper wearing a dress on stage, or wearing makeup. Another idea is that with the competition eliminated Fox- the owners of URL- now have the ability to shape what the culture is.

Side note, I'm glad to see the return of KOTD, and interested in what their new Twitch product will be like.

One of the reasons I like this channel, is because I like battle rap content, and haven't enjoyed many battler recently.. I find the channel interesting.. I'm not co-signing this as if everything mentioned by Adept HNIC is gospel. But I do think he makes some good point. And I'm curious if other rmbva member will think so too, and if not, what is disliked about the content there.

Does that clear things up?

Last edited by Profess; 09-10-2020 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:31 PM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
But what is a URL plant? (A plant would be someone that seemingly came out of nowhere) Basically, a large part of the message I've gleaned from the channel is that URL has changed since it was purchased by Caffeine. And those changes are bad for the BRC (battle rap community). If you're interested in a discussion of the changes and impacts or potential impacts of those occurring at the URL then check out is channel. But by URL plant he means that a lot of the young guys in the tournaments are plants. And there is an agenda behind the plants. For example, we might soon see a rapper wearing a dress on stage, or wearing makeup. Another idea is that with the competition eliminated Fox- the owners of URL- now have the ability to shape what the culture is.

One of the reasons I like this channel, is because I like battle rap content, and haven't enjoyed many battler recently.. I find the channel interesting.. I'm not co-signing this as if everything mentioned by Adept HNIC is gospel. But I do think he makes some good point. And I'm curious if other rmbva member will think so too, and if not, what is disliked about the content there.

Does that clear things up?
Haha! Thanks for letting me add this channel on my list of blocked channels on Youtube. I care somewhat for battle rap, but wow that is way deeper than I care to go...

To briefly touch on the topics. Battle rappers wearing makeup has been done and dresses would be pretty tame compared to the nonsense that GOAT/WOAT nominee Daylyt did.

Secondly Fox do not own URL, so that's wrong. They host the platform, Caffeine. URL is its own entity. URL has tried a bunch of different mediums and hosts in the past, so URL still has control as they can leave. URL's only problem is that it is at the level where it can be sued, so it depends on what contract they have, but for the most part Caffeine needs URL happy as much as URL needs Caffeine happy.

However, this does raise the interesting point about whether we will see a more mainstream form of battle rap emerge, but honestly the scene has been heading that way for a while. Bars have become easier to grasp, everyone has the same style designed to appeal to as many people as possible, rappers rarely try anything too crazy or out there...
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...

Last edited by Emancee; 09-10-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 02:56 PM   #7
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
it’s a bit concerning that anybody would take anything that this blogger says with more than a grain of salt. it’s hard to watch more than a minute or two of any of his content without seeing clear signs of paranoid delusions and/or schizophrenia. he talks about smack engaging in occult rituals, jewish banking conspiracies, beasley being a “pansexual demon”, tworks near fatal accident being some sort of illuminati initiation ritual, and that’s just the start. the main theme here being him insisting there are signs/evidence of absolutely wild claims when no well minded person would, and drawing even wilder conclusions from those signs.

Last edited by mapleleaf; 09-10-2020 at 03:00 PM.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 03:42 PM   #8
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
it’s a bit concerning that anybody would take anything that this blogger says with more than a grain of salt. it’s hard to watch more than a minute or two of any of his content without seeing clear signs of paranoid delusions and/or schizophrenia. he talks about smack engaging in occult rituals, jewish banking conspiracies, beasley being a “pansexual demon”, tworks near fatal accident being some sort of illuminati initiation ritual, and that’s just the start. the main theme here being him insisting there are signs/evidence of absolutely wild claims when no well minded person would, and drawing even wilder conclusions from those signs.
Have I given you the impression that I'm taking the content on that channel as fact?
Old 09-10-2020, 03:50 PM   #9
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
this does raise the interesting point about whether we will see a more mainstream form of battle rap emerge, but honestly the scene has been heading that way for a while. Bars have become easier to grasp, everyone has the same style designed to appeal to as many people as possible, rappers rarely try anything too crazy or out there...
^ well said.

I'm not sure about the URL/ Caffeine contract/ownership. But I did look into it after reading your comment. And from what I can tell, one of the main investors in Caffeine is 21st Century Fox. So I believe that indicates that Fox (if that is the same thing as 21st Century Fox) does have some input on the direction URL is heading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine_(service)

Last edited by Profess; 09-10-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:58 PM   #10
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:

To briefly touch on the topics. Battle rappers wearing makeup has been done and dresses would be pretty tame compared to the nonsense that GOAT/WOAT nominee Daylyt did.
The stuff you're talking about has only happened on KOTD and other leagues, right?

And you make a good point because Daylyt will likely soon get a URL push
Old 09-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #11
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Have I given you the impression that I'm taking the content on that channel as fact?
lol this isn’t about *you* in particular, but since you’re asking- yeah, kind of. you also asked what we disliked about his channel.

i’d say the stuff i posted is a basically necessary disclaimer that should be included as a prerequisite if you’re gonna share this guys content with a community.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #12
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Yeah, anybody who believes in the occult is batshit. This guy sounds like Alex Jones. Sounds pretty cancerous to the culture tbh.

Also, with all the disinformation going around... it’s kind of hard to have a sense of humor about it. You would hope that people could be able to screen out bullshit but unfortunately we live in a society where a lot of people believe the first thing they read without looking at sources.

Tl;dr I hate disinformation. Even if it’s about stupid battle rap.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will

Last edited by Abstrakt; 09-10-2020 at 04:14 PM.
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:16 PM   #13
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
lol this isn’t about *you* in particular, but since you’re asking- yeah, kind of. you also asked what we disliked about his channel.

i’d say the stuff i posted is a basically necessary disclaimer that should be included as a prerequisite if you’re gonna share this guys content with a community.
You're entitled to your opinions. But in this case you are wrong. I find the content entertaining.

My opinion is that believing that someone believes what they find interesting (because that is what I stated) is a perfect example of low-level thinking.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:24 PM   #14
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Quote:
You're entitled to your opinions. But in this case you are wrong. I find the content entertaining.

My opinion is that believing that someone believes what they find interesting (because that is what I stated) is a perfect example of low-level thinking.
you said he makes good points and you didn’t mention a single bit of the absolute lunacy he displays on his channel you fucking weirdo lmao
Old 09-10-2020, 04:26 PM   #15
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Yeah, anybody who believes in the occult is batshit. This guy sounds like Alex Jones. Sounds pretty cancerous to the culture tbh.

Also, with all the disinformation going around... it’s kind of hard to have a sense of humor about it. You would hope that people could be able to screen out bullshit but unfortunately we live in a society where a lot of people believe the first thing they read without looking at sources.

Tl;dr I hate disinformation. Even if it’s about stupid battle rap.
I don't know more then surface level info about the occult. Have you researched it?

Some people can't screen for bullshit and it's dangerous if you can't. For example, when a Nigerian prince email con is sent out to 10 million people.. of course, 99.9 percent of recipients either have it automatically directed to spam or immediately discard it. So when someone says, "what idiot would believe that, why even bother?" Well, the idiods that bother to reply make that tactic worthwhile.. because the absurdity of the email content is the screen.. and a few people will reveal themselves as prime targets.

That said, some people that read a Nigerian prince scam aren't being manipulated. For example, this TED talk is a good example

Old 09-10-2020, 04:27 PM   #16
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

yooo just wanted to share this channel cuz i think it’s entertaining and he makes good points! not co signing everything he says as gospel but also wondering if anyone dislikes this guys channel for any reason and why? also if u think i think anything he says is true ur a low level thinker!!!!
Old 09-10-2020, 04:30 PM   #17
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
you said he makes good points and you didn’t mention a single bit of the absolute lunacy he displays on his channel you fucking weirdo lmao
Oh, so you're resorting to personal insults now. Classy move lol

Good points because they are entertaining to me, chief.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:33 PM   #18
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
https://youtu.be/1GiC8qmNK4g

yooo just wanted to share this channel cuz i think it’s entertaining and he makes good points! not co signing everything he says as gospel but also wondering if anyone dislikes this guys channel for any reason and why? also if u think i think anything he says is true ur a low level thinker!!!!
Wow! You seem to be spiraling out of control. Stop trying to twist what I'm saying around. You sound really stupid here.

Old 09-10-2020, 04:43 PM   #19
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
I figured that the lunacy was a given. It should be to most people. That is what I find most entertaining about it. I'm certainly not mad about a small YouTube channel or a thread on a dying message board. I'm really sorry that the outcome of this thread has led to you becoming unhinged. Actually, you were probably having a bad day before hand. Get a grip, Maple.
Old 09-10-2020, 04:47 PM   #20
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Quote:
I figured that the lunacy was a given. It should be to most people. That is what I find most entertaining about it. I'm certainly not mad about a small YouTube channel or a thread on a dying message board. I'm really sorry that the outcome of this thread has led to you becoming unhinged. Actually, you were probably having a bad day before hand. Get a grip, Maple.
bro i am chillin harder than a baphomet statue on a blood fountain in Smacks human sacrifice chamber, don’t worry about me
Old 09-10-2020, 05:19 PM   #21
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
I don't know more then surface level info about the occult. Have you researched it?

Some people can't screen for bullshit and it's dangerous if you can't. For example, when a Nigerian prince email con is sent out to 10 million people.. of course, 99.9 percent of recipients either have it automatically directed to spam or immediately discard it. So when someone says, "what idiot would believe that, why even bother?" Well, the idiods that bother to reply make that tactic worthwhile.. because the absurdity of the email content is the screen.. and a few people will reveal themselves as prime targets.

That said, some people that read a Nigerian prince scam aren't being manipulated. For example, this TED talk is a good example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MHDD...=GerrieDeVries
I actually did lol. While I always have had a skeptic mindset more or less I wanted to know why people really believed they were talking to demons. I’m an open minded person and I think it’s “possible” there is a spiritual realm. So yes, in a way, I’m one of those “idiots” but I never accepted what I was told. I interviewed a so-called “respected black magician” (white guy practicing black magick) and it was clear that he didn’t want to be asked real questions, he had his talking points he wanted to get to and didn’t have much substance. Anyways, after receiving answers like “you can’t really see or hear them” or “you just KNOW that there is an understanding between you and the demon/spirit” it was clear that this guy was batshit crazy or a scam artist or both.

Now that doesn’t necessarily prove anything. There could be spirits or demons. But that conversation prevented me from going down an even deeper rabbit hole.

It just sucks that people’s faith in others’ words is leading to them being taken advantage of.

So anyways, I don’t think there are spirits and there DOES seem to be an occult niche where scam artists run rampant.

This guy you’re talking about is either crazy or a troll.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-10-2020, 05:27 PM   #22
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
bro i am chillin harder than a baphomet statue on a blood fountain in Smacks human sacrifice chamber, don’t worry about me
That’s chill af

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-10-2020, 05:31 PM   #23
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
I actually did lol. While I always have had a skeptic mindset more or less I wanted to know why people really believed they were talking to demons. I’m an open minded person and I think it’s “possible” there is a spiritual realm. So yes, in a way, I’m one of those “idiots” but I never accepted what I was told. I interviewed a so-called “respected black magician” (white guy practicing black magick) and it was clear that he didn’t want to be asked real questions, he had his talking points he wanted to get to and didn’t have much substance. Anyways, after receiving answers like “you can’t really see or hear them” or “you just KNOW that there is an understanding between you and the demon/spirit” it was clear that this guy was batshit crazy or a scam artist or both.

Now that doesn’t necessarily prove anything. There could be spirits or demons. But that conversation prevented me from going down an even deeper rabbit hole.

It just sucks that people’s faith in others’ words is leading to them being taken advantage of.

So anyways, I don’t think there are spirits and there DOES seem to be an occult niche where scam artists run rampant.

This guy you’re talking about is either crazy or a troll.
To be honest, I don't exactly know what a spiritual rhelm is. And if I thought someone could tell me succinctly and for free, then I'd listen. So I don't agree that you are an idiot for what you wrote lol

I think Adept HNIC has researched the occult and is taking current events in battle rap and illustrating parallels. I think he is a mix of crazy and a troll. So I believe he doesn't believe everything he says but I don't think it is intended to be satire.

In other words, I wouldn't cheers him and say touche /s
Old 09-10-2020, 05:40 PM   #24
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Researching the occult and current events of battle rap and drawing parallels? Jesus. Where’s his manifesto and cut up virgin child?!

This guys a lunatic.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #25
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Researching the occult and current events of battle rap and drawing parallels? Jesus. Where’s his manifesto and cut up virgin child?!

This guys a lunatic.
He thinks along the same lines as Math Hoffa that battle rap will be regarded the same as industry rap. Actually, Math thinks it should be and Adept thinks it is the same. Do you believe some people compromise themselves for Hollywood success?

Manifesto probably coming soon. The term "Beasley's Fun house" is picking up traction. I'm willing to make a gentleman's bet that it or something about Adept get brought up at Summer Madness.
Old 09-11-2020, 02:57 AM   #26
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Jakkboy Maine's still considered a factor of any kind? Last I heard, he did a Banned battle against Craig Lamar at that Unity event with a bunch of battlers from a litany of small leagues.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:12 AM   #27
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Jakkboy Maine's still considered a factor of any kind? Last I heard, he did a Banned battle against Craig Lamar at that Unity event with a bunch of battlers from a litany of small leagues.
I don't think he has many fans. In the IG live rip there are only 40-something people viewing
Old 09-11-2020, 03:33 AM   #28
clapburn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
clapburn is a PY Poster
This is the thread where battle rap and its forums died. 9/10/20. Rip
clapburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:51 AM   #29
Profess
I'm Lovin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by clapburn View Post
This is the thread where battle rap and its forums died. 9/10/20. Rip
Old 09-11-2020, 11:59 AM   #30
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
At first, I kind of respected dude because he had an original style. He wasn’t really bar-heavy but he had this wild thug swag that was at least interesting. He also had an interesting flow.

Unfortunately, he dropped the ball a few times and was on the receiving end of a brutal ass-beating by JJDD.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221