Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Dizaster & Soul Kahn debated about refugees a few days ago


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2017, 11:25 PM   #161
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem
 
Serge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,024
Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Demarco View Post
I unfollowed Soul Khan from Facebook because of how he presented his views.

He basically said it's impossible for anyone to support Donald Trump. Someone would disagree with him and he could not fathom that someone could have a different political view from him.
I don't know about that because I didn't see that exchange, but in my PERSONAL experience, and not to say that this is the general rule, but personally: As a Centrist, Conservatives tend to respect my point of view more than Liberals do. If I point out positives in Liberal ideology, they don't reply with passive aggressive comments or poke at my integrity, whereas it's the total opposite with Liberals when I point out positives in Conservative ideology. Very much "With us or against us" replies. Like I said though, that's just my personal experience. Mind you, I lean left.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:45 PM   #162
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 3,520
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Only read the first paage just came to day dizaster got bodied
__________________
Only canadians like Lil G
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:56 PM   #163
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b
 
PriceAintRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 2,295
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
If I point out positives in Liberal ideology, they don't reply with passive aggressive comments or poke at my integrity, whereas it's the total opposite with Liberals when I point out positives in Conservative ideology. Very much "With us or against us" replies. Like I said though, that's just my personal experience. Mind you, I lean left.
I'd be inclined to agree with this. We're completely inflexible these days. Let me add just a splash of context to the with us or against us though.

I can only speak for my demographic, but if you're not pro gay (or at least pro leaving us alone), anti feminist, and racist, whether that be subtle or overt, it really does force us to hold those sentiments. Especially as the minority, considering 60% of the country aimed weaponry at us.

As far as anything else, it's a crisis of methodology, or how we agree things should be implemented, or done. Folks like yourself are far from the devil, but we're forced to be wary, guarded and distrustful.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
Wtf these kids are comedy gold wrapped in Christmas wrappings that have dicks on it-- ugly on the outside but what's inside makes life happen God bless Talkack


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:34 AM   #164
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem
 
Serge T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,024
Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
I'd be inclined to agree with this. We're completely inflexible these days. Let me add just a splash of context to the with us or against us though.

I can only speak for my demographic, but if you're not pro gay (or at least pro leaving us alone), anti feminist, and racist, whether that be subtle or overt, it really does force us to hold those sentiments. Especially as the minority, considering 60% of the country aimed weaponry at us.

As far as anything else, it's a crisis of methodology, or how we agree things should be implemented, or done. Folks like yourself are far from the devil, but we're forced to be wary, guarded and distrustful.
They legit just acknowledge that I have a right to have a different opinion. A lot of them feel alienated and like they don't get that in return. If we can't recognize that we have to share the country with people whom we'll never agree about when itncomes to anything, were screwed.
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:51 AM   #165
No Lo Se
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
No Lo Se is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Diz is right that a lot of the time European media doesn't want to discuss crime from refugees, and that it is disproportionately high, but getting these things from YouTube means you're basically believing something with zero evidence or credibility.
so you've spent a lot of time living in Europe and consuming news European media outlets?
No Lo Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #166
soul khan
VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 167
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
soul khan is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
did you read the whole post, or just that? Read the entire sentence. It'll answer your Q.
I am staunchly pro-Palestinian and pro-human rights, fyi, and you'll see that anything I've said on social media about the subject corroborates that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Demarco View Post
I unfollowed Soul Khan from Facebook because of how he presented his views.

He basically said it's impossible for anyone to support Donald Trump. Someone would disagree with him and he could not fathom that someone could have a different political view from him.
It's possible. It's just garbage and I'm not going to be respectful toward someone if they maintain support for him in spite of what he has done and what he will inevitably do. Politics are a part of character.

Carry on.

Last edited by soul khan; 02-07-2017 at 05:19 PM.
soul khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #167
iamHBY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,380
Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This was all weird.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:05 PM   #168
Seanzo
We in here
 
Seanzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 10,488
Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Lo Se View Post
so you've spent a lot of time living in Europe and consuming news European media outlets?
Don't drag me back into this please. Enjoying from the sidelines.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
Its called battle rap, not battle skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:09 PM   #169
RickyProehl
RickyWatters
 
RickyProehl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: queens ny
Posts: 4,399
Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This threads shot
__________________

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:19 PM   #170
StankDaddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul khan View Post
I am staunchly pro-Palestinian and pro-human rights, fyi, and you'll see that anything I've said on social media about the subject corroborates that.



It's possible. It's just garbage and I'm not going to be respectful toward someone if they maintain support for him in spite of what he has done and what he will inevitably do. Politics are a part of character.

Carry on.
...did....did you read the whole sentence?

That's good to hear, though.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #171
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b
 
PriceAintRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 2,295
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Folks have misconstrued free speech in such a weird way. You can have whatever opinion you want, but guess what? If your opinion, and decisions (like voting for Trump) are completely rooted in my oppression? There's no cute, diplomatic rigamarole.

It's fuck you. There's no two ways about it. You're misguided, naive, or flat out trash.

Soul Khan said it pretty clearly. Which is why these kind of threads need to die. They'll bury a platform.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
Wtf these kids are comedy gold wrapped in Christmas wrappings that have dicks on it-- ugly on the outside but what's inside makes life happen God bless Talkack


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #172
My Kall
Registered User
 
My Kall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,478
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
I don't know about that because I didn't see that exchange, but in my PERSONAL experience, and not to say that this is the general rule, but personally: As a Centrist, Conservatives tend to respect my point of view more than Liberals do. If I point out positives in Liberal ideology, they don't reply with passive aggressive comments or poke at my integrity, whereas it's the total opposite with Liberals when I point out positives in Conservative ideology. Very much "With us or against us" replies. Like I said though, that's just my personal experience. Mind you, I lean left.
You're correct in that we can never be progressive enough for many liberals. They're obsessive at identifying flaws in order to discredit your liberal credentials. They're maybe more perfectionistic and ideologically exclusive than conservatives?

HOWEVER Conservatives are SO much more defensive and retaliatory in response to objective information about reality. The minute you politely introduce them to academically researched concepts like white privilege, they go absolutely ballistic.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:08 PM   #173
GetPaid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,662
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
You're correct in that we can never be progressive enough for many liberals. They're obsessive at identifying flaws in order to discredit your liberal credentials. They're maybe more perfectionistic and ideologically exclusive than conservatives?

HOWEVER Conservatives are SO much more defensive and retaliatory in response to objective information about reality. The minute you politely introduce them to academically researched concepts like white privilege, they go absolutely ballistic.
Something that seems to have been lost from the original statement was how he made sure to claim it was based off of "personal" experience. Generalizing from personal experience can lead to very inaccurate conclusions. You can find plenty of anecdotal evidence pointing toward either side for something as interaction-based as that. Remember what happened after Chris Christie hugged Obama? Literally touching the guy made him persona non grata to his party.
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:22 AM   #174
StankDaddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
Folks have misconstrued free speech in such a weird way. You can have whatever opinion you want, but guess what? If your opinion, and decisions (like voting for Trump) are completely rooted in my oppression? There's no cute, diplomatic rigamarole.

It's fuck you. There's no two ways about it. You're misguided, naive, or flat out trash.

Soul Khan said it pretty clearly. Which is why these kind of threads need to die. They'll bury a platform.
Oh careful. Fire with fire isn't good either. Being a dick to other people (even if 'they started it' ) is so immature and unhelpful.

Either walk away, or attempt to educate. The only two rational ways to respond. Not the only RIGHT ones though.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:41 AM   #175
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald
 
RonRon da Dong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,647
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
I don't know about that because I didn't see that exchange, but in my PERSONAL experience, and not to say that this is the general rule, but personally: As a Centrist, Conservatives tend to respect my point of view more than Liberals do. If I point out positives in Liberal ideology, they don't reply with passive aggressive comments or poke at my integrity, whereas it's the total opposite with Liberals when I point out positives in Conservative ideology. Very much "With us or against us" replies. Like I said though, that's just my personal experience. Mind you, I lean left.

I find it to be quite the opposite... ill put my own experiences aside and point you to something you can relate to, ever look at the comments during 1 of the lefts protests live streaming that are abundantly filled with "shoot them, break out the water hoses and pepper spray, crybaby losers have no respect, these people should all be deported, how dare these self entitled free loaders think they have a right to protest" etc etc I mean I've literally had a guy at a bar ready to fight me over his belief that Obama was a muslim (or that is was relevant) that I was a part of the problem for not accepting that as the truth. tbqh I don't see the left acting out in too many displays of violence as the right except on the news but when you do they always seem to have their faces covered lol Mind you that there weren't any arrests for violence during the million woman March and that's pretty impressive
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine View Post
I'd be like

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16

Last edited by RonRon da Dong; 02-08-2017 at 02:44 AM.
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:13 AM   #176
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,769
Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by soul khan View Post
I am staunchly pro-Palestinian and pro-human rights, fyi, and you'll see that anything I've said on social media about the subject corroborates that.



It's possible. It's just garbage and I'm not going to be respectful toward someone if they maintain support for him in spite of what he has done and what he will inevitably do. Politics are a part of character.

Carry on.

Does it anger you that people with mental deficiencies like Dizaster have a platform to spew their ignorance?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
People like Dizaster ruin battle rap...
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:34 PM   #177
MrMumbles905
Repping East905
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,388
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
My knowledge of Star Wars lore is pretty bad but...

I suppose the only people on the deathstar who were innocent were prisoners. But if the deathstar wasn't destroyed, they would probably be put to death or worse anyway.

Even if I were forced to be on the deathstar against my will, as an engineer or a stormtrooper, I'd welcome being blown up along with it.

And by destroying the deathstar they saved too many lives and planets to imagine. They were destroying a weapon that was capable of destroying hundreds of billions of more lives than it had on it.

I wouldn't say that is analogous to shooting a bunch of gay people in a night club in the name of Islam, nor is it analogous to radical Muslims bombing a mosque of a rival sect of Islam

I don't doubt that radical Muslims can justify killing innocent people; Evil people usually do find a way to rationalize immoral acts.

Killing innocent people is not freedom fighting. Killing innocent people is murder.
But it might be analogous to other attacks like the World Trade Center.

The defense would be that it's an attack on the American people who have sent there govt to the middle east to war on Islam( might not be true but would be the defense)

My point is terrorism is only terrorism if you pick who are good and bad. Violence can be defended if you believe in the cause like Blowing up the deathstar
__________________
UGK Presents: SirReal vs. Mr. Mumbles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrXe6Rv21Y0

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:26 AM   #178
Water Mage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,774
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
But it might be analogous to other attacks like the World Trade Center.

The defense would be that it's an attack on the American people who have sent there govt to the middle east to war on Islam( might not be true but would be the defense)

My point is terrorism is only terrorism if you pick who are good and bad. Violence can be defended if you believe in the cause like Blowing up the deathstar
Yeah, well, both the American government and terrorists groups are bad IMO. Places like WTC (arguably analagous to a deathstar, I'll concede, but I'm not convinced) but that's not what the majority of terrorist attacks are. The majority of terrorist attacks are on:

Mosques. That's right, these "freedom fighters" bomb rival "freedom fighter's" mosques all the time

Areas where there are a large number of civilians congregating. i.e. the Paris attacks on concerts, cafes, restaurants etc.

Even if the WTC is analogous to a deathstar (I'm not convinced it is). That doesn't prove that the terrorists are heroic, and the point is moot anyway since the majority of terror attacks are centers where civilian populations congregate or Mosques.


look at these freedom fighters in action!

Last edited by Water Mage; 02-09-2017 at 03:21 AM.
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:44 AM   #179
riffic
RYD ;
 
riffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: apartment c above the gogo spot
Posts: 10,872
Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
@MrMumbles905 killing innocent people is terrorism you dope
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 12:46 AM   #180
riffic
RYD ;
 
riffic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: apartment c above the gogo spot
Posts: 10,872
Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
the Death Star was a BATTLE STATION
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
65279, 8217, 8220, 8230, killagear


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,545
Threads: 27,129
Posts: 733,025
Total Online: 1980

Newest Member: Sawblade Painter

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee
- by Profess
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:06 AM.