Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Mods why the hate for? its just like RM...

Old 10-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #81
UncleMyu
Battle Revolutionary

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
UncleMyu is a PY Poster
The DF crowds are great. But I watched the battle OP is referring to and it didn't move me much. Of course, it has to do with my preference in battle content. But I'd like to think I'm fairly open. And if a battler wants global recognition, he/she should seek to deliver globally-appealing content. Is it a fan's fault if there is a collection of battlers that don't offer on a consistent basis the content we desire? No. To each, their own.

You may notice that when given an international opponent, lesser known battlers often adjust their content accordingly. Clearly, this is in anticipation of a wider audience. It is a conscious decision to include topics/content and employ styles that are more universally received. However, a large majority of their battles feature content they piques the interest of a minute crowd. Don't blame the mods, nor the fans. If you want the battlers to gain more exposure, encourage them to diversify.

Peace and respect, bruv.
UncleMyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #82
UncleMyu
Battle Revolutionary

UncleMyu is a PY Poster
say it again
Old 10-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #83
Im Technical

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Im Technical is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fly View Post
wrong bro

also "certain parts of the culture" can only be taken meaning certain leagues which kinda equals countries tbh
I said the word american and pointed out that only certain parts of the culture get treated fairly so thats country baiting in your book?

So your not salty about eurgh then? you were just white knighting for america?
Im Technical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #84
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
nah not all at
im allowed to tell the truth, even if some people dont want to hear it.
especially when every single staff member and battler that has come from DF, gets over here and tells us how much Eurgh talks shit about KOTD and how he accuses us of "stealing" all their ideas or discouraging battlers to come over for WD. Kinda tired of being the "nice guy" for looks sake.

KOTD All Damn Day!!!!
Thats some bitch shit, everyone knows Eurgh's cunt but for you to disrespect the whole league just cause of what he says when you are quite clearly cool with alot of the people involved is just weird.

An argument could be made that the only reason alot of Americans care about KOTD is cause of you bringing in outside battlers, its just that your at the obvious geographical advantage with that. Dont get it twisted, im a fan and watch most KOTD battles but only 3 of the top 10 battles dont feature an outside battler.

What is the criteria for a sticky battle? I always thought it was about which battles had the most views and comments with obvious big releases from KOTD and URL getting auto stickies (which i agree with) im sure this was the case on RM and I dont get why it would be any different here.

If its about what people think is dope, who decides that cause that Shuffle T battle has like 35 comments all saying how good it is, theres other DF battles that have been popular but havent got stickied. Im sure Foreman said that it was basically cause no DF representatives post here (sorry if im wrong but im sure I remember it) in which case I dont get what thats about. I understand showing some favoritism but to discriminate based on people not posting here is petty tbh.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #85
The Saurus
VIP

Mentioned: 463 Post(s)
The Saurus is better than Grind Time AustraliaThe Saurus is better than Grind Time Australia
Why are people acting like Kingfly has anything to do with DF battles being stickied? And why the fuck is OP so upset about a onesided battle being stickied? Jesus you kids need to go outside or something
The Saurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #86
Im Technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
You know a lot of the people who were mods on RM are mods on here, right?
Well it makes sense then.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #87
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Mentioned: 637 Post(s)
King Fly is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
Thats some bitch shit, everyone knows Eurgh's cunt but for you to disrespect the whole league just cause of what he says when you are quite clearly cool with alot of the people involved is just weird.

An argument could be made that the only reason alot of Americans care about KOTD is cause of you bringing in outside battlers, its just that your at the obvious geographical advantage with that. Dont get it twisted, im a fan and watch most KOTD battles but only 3 of the top 10 battles dont feature an outside battler.
i dont see it being weird - maybe shocking that someone actually said it publicly, but def not weird.

and you are totally right that argument could be made - and i would be the first to agree with it - but it still doesnt negate my original point or post.

hate me for pointing it out, say the same thing applies to KOTD via rappers like clips, aye verb etc etc, cool - but it still doesnt change the fact of my original post.
King Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #88
The Saurus
VIP

The Saurus is better than Grind Time AustraliaThe Saurus is better than Grind Time Australia
LMAO So Kingfly says "most north americans dont watch a battle that doesnt involve a north american" and somehow THAT's "some bitch shit" and he's "disrespected" the whole league"? Wow what the fuck is wrong with you clowns? There's literally nothing disrespectful in that. He stated an observational opinion but god forbid he not join in the 3 of you throwing a fit over a one sided battle being stickied lol
Old 10-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #89
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
LMAO So Kingfly says "most north americans dont watch a battle that doesnt involve a north american" and somehow THAT's "some bitch shit" and he's "disrespected" the whole league"? Wow what the fuck is wrong with you clowns? There's literally nothing disrespectful in that. He stated an observational opinion but god forbid he not join in the 3 of you throwing a fit over a one sided battle being stickied lol
Cool!
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #90
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Technical View Post
I said the word american and pointed out that only certain parts of the culture get treated fairly so thats country baiting in your book?

So your not salty about eurgh then? you were just white knighting for america?
you do know my original post was basically agreeing with you to a degree?

you said only battles with americans get stickied - i responded with basically saying because thats all we (north americans) really watch (and some even pointed out they dont watch those either)

you and others felt a certain way about me being the one to say it - i can see this, and gave somewhat of a reason (probably about 1/20th of it) as to why i didnt care to be "politically correct" with my post.
a fact is a fact
Old 10-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #91
CollarboneSnap

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
CollarboneSnap is not the worst person
'thesaurus embroiled in being angry because of the internet shocker'
CollarboneSnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:05 PM   #92
CollarboneSnap

and i'd like to say that throughout this discussion kingly has been nothing but civil and i've just been discussing the issue with him and not argued with him at all
Old 10-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #93
The Saurus
VIP

angry? Im laughing at you. You guys are crying about a battle involving one of the worst performances ever from Anton being stickied. Go play in traffic
Old 10-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #94
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollarboneSnap View Post
and i'd like to say that throughout this discussion kingly has been nothing but civil and i've just been discussing the issue with him and not argued with him at all
im really trying to be, pointing out how i see things and a little bit of why i see them how i do.

not trying to be a dick (well some posts i was, i can only contain so much haha)
Old 10-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #95
UncleMyu
Battle Revolutionary

UncleMyu is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Technical View Post
I cant believe people care so much that people want battles stickied if they deserve it lol
What about Flip Top? I don't see you defending their lack of exposure. I'm sure they have "dope" battles as well.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #96
CollarboneSnap

Quote:
angry? Im laughing at you. You guys are crying about a battle involving one of the worst performances ever from Anton being stickied. Go play in traffic
calm down you weirdo.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #97
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleMyu View Post
What about Flip Top? I don't see you defending their lack of exposure. I'm sure they have "dope" battles as well.
if anything @anygma should be here tripping!!!! haha
people dont even post their battles - except for who.... wait for it....
Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #98
The Saurus
VIP

since when did completely onesided battles featuring a complete no name & an up and comer become mandatory for being stickied?
Old 10-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #99
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

ive also posted battles from south africa and the UBR league in new mexico
Old 10-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #100
The Saurus
VIP

Quote:
calm down you weirdo.

again, Im very calm. thats what laughing at crying children entails
Old 10-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #101
Oscar Wilde

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Oscar Wilde is not the worst person
Quote:
Don't be so ridiculous.

Don't Flop is a English speaking league, this forum is an English speaking forum.

Don't Flop actually has more subscribers than KOTD, overtook them this week. That's a very good achievement considering UK has 1/10th the population of North America. It's not like Don't Flop is some obscure league that has no talent.

I do not want this Shuffle/Anton battle sticky'd, and Don't Flop is not my favourite league, and Eurgh is most definitely a cunt. I just found it very disconcerting that mods and league staff has this collective lack of respect and don't care attitude towards 'other' battle leagues, namely Don't Flop.
Oscar Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #102
The Saurus
VIP

There hasnt been a good enough battle from DF to get stickied since Villun/Unan. I personally blame king fly
Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #103
CollarboneSnap

Quote:
again, Im very calm. thats what laughing at crying children entails
i literally have no idea why you do this to yourself.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #104
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
Nobody can understand what them dudes are saying learn to speak English
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 PM   #105
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
i don't watch Don't flop battles unless they contain a big name from the states!

Their accents are corny as hell!

they still rap like it is 2000!

So Solid Crew!
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #106
King Fly
www.KOTDTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
Don't be so ridiculous.

Don't Flop is a English speaking league, this forum is an English speaking forum.

Don't Flop actually has more subscribers than KOTD, overtook them this week. That's a very good achievement considering UK has 1/10th the population of North America. It's not like Don't Flop is some obscure league that has no talent.

I do not want this Shuffle/Anton battle sticky'd, and Don't Flop is not my favourite league, and Eurgh is most definitely a cunt. I just found it very disconcerting that mods and league staff has this collective lack of respect and don't care attitude towards 'other' battle leagues, namely Don't Flop.
i would just like to point out DF overtook us in subscribers a month or so ago - by a big amount - remember those 40k subs DF got in a solid one month period someone posted about, yeah then.
btw - all the numbers/trends can be checked and confirmed there was an abnormal spike in subs to the total of 40k in a one month period - nothing like it before or after that 1 month period
but since their sub numbers have gone back to normal we have been catching up.

Last edited by King Fly; 10-20-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #107
CollarboneSnap

villun vs unan wasnt even the best battle of that event

and the idea that type z vs reverse live is better than all df releases since summer is laughable.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #108
WillyRotel

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
WillyRotel is a PY Poster
how bout this... we sticky this one... and if we deem it wack... we never sticky another... fair enuff?
WillyRotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #109
The Saurus
VIP

Quote:
i literally have no idea why you do this to yourself.
what am I doing to myself? I laughed at people who are upset about a battle being stickied. literally no idea why you care so much about who or what i laugh at. what a creep
Old 10-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #110
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Ayo @eurgh!

Why did you book dizaster after all that shit he was talking on twitter?
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #111
UncleMyu
Battle Revolutionary

UncleMyu is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
Don't be so ridiculous.

They don't speak English in Flip Top? I didn't know because I don't watch those battles... just like I don't watch DF unless something there catches a buzz or features a big name. There is a very obvious reason why North America doesn't tune in to DF regularly. Just like there is an obvious reason why URL fans don't tune in to KOTD regularly. What about Australia? They speak English? Yes. Is anyone defending them? No. Ultimately, it's the battlers' fault for not providing globally desired content.

Now please don't bother me.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #112
CollarboneSnap

Quote:
what am I doing to myself? I laughed at people who are upset about a battle being stickied. literally no idea why you care so much about who or what i laugh at. what a creep
it's astonishing to me that someone who's hobby since like 2000 has been battle rap can take these things to heart to such a level
Old 10-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #113
Paul Robeson
Loe Pesci's Biggest Fan

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Paul Robeson is not the worst person
Dead @ Don't Flop using subscribers from Yemen to try to raise its profile as a league
Top Ten White People: 1. Norman Bethune 2. Vladimir Lenin 3. Abraham Lincoln 4. George Carlin 5. John Brown 6. Frank Thompson 7. Lyudmila Pavlichenko 8. Anna Louise Strong 9. Woody Guthrie 10. Tadeusz Kościuszko
Paul Robeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #114
UncleMyu
Battle Revolutionary

UncleMyu is a PY Poster
@The Saurus, when you were on your way to checking out of your hotel room in Oakland, a light-skinned dude caught your attention and expressed his appreciation of your work. That was me. Excellent performance btw.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #115
The Saurus
VIP

Quote:
it's astonishing to me that someone who's hobby since like 2000 has been battle rap can take these things to heart to such a level
so now laughing at people is "taking these things to heart to such a level"? totally. I forgot Im not allowed to laugh at people on here anymore. Wow I was so out of line
Old 10-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #116
The Saurus
VIP

Quote:
@The Saurus, when you were on your way to checking out of your hotel room in Oakland, a light-skinned dude caught your attention and expressed his appreciation of your work. That was me. Excellent performance btw.

oh shit, word, much appreciated again bro! Good to meet you up there. Im hyped on the footage dropping. But not so hyped that I'd throw a fit if it didnt get stickied here lol
Old 10-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #117
Im Technical

Quote:
since when did completely onesided battles featuring a complete no name & an up and comer become mandatory for being stickied?
Why post the same thing 5 times, would it not be easier to read afew peoples posts or the title of the topic or even the first line of the op so you could see the issue isnt about 1 battle even though there is clearly enough interest in it to warrant a sticky.

You really do come across as a salty faggot online saurus, your lucky you only go at bottom feeders like detour otherwise people would see hypocritical and retarded you are.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #118
Oscar Wilde

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Oscar Wilde is not the worst person
Quote:
i would just like to point out DF overtook us in subscribers a month or so ago - by a big amount - remember those 40k subs DF got in a solid one month period someone posted about, yeah then.
btw - all the numbers/trends can be checked and confirmed there was an abnormal spike in subs to the total of 40k in a one month period - nothing like it before or after that 1 month period
but since their sub numbers have gone back to normal we have been catching up. Barring any more sub purchase mysteriously made, we will be back in the lead by the end of the year.
I never heard of this before, but I'll take your word on it.

Even taking 40k off their subs, it's still proportionally better than KOTD when you look at their respective populations. Their marketing and innovation is better than any North American league.

KOTD is still my favourite league, but you can't deny Don't Flop is a force in the battle rap world and should be given more respect on these forums.
Oscar Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #119
CollarboneSnap

Quote:
so now laughing at people is "taking these things to heart to such a level"? totally. I forgot Im not allowed to laugh at people on here anymore. Wow I was so out of line
several battle rap fans making a point, that erik foreman admitted was valid on the first page, about a battle rap league they support

'oh shit you fags are CRYING again. this is so funny to me. i am laughing so hard right now'

... yeah okay you sure do keep it real
Old 10-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #120
UncleMyu
Battle Revolutionary

UncleMyu is a PY Poster
Quote:
oh shit, word, much appreciated again bro! Good to meet you up there. Im hyped on the footage dropping. But not so hyped that I'd throw a fit if it didnt get stickied here lol
Well played. Lol

Tags
3232, 65279, got a problem? call job1