anygma - ask me shit pt.2

Old 07-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #81
anygma
VIP

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Other than FlipTop, what do you think are the best leagues where English isn't the primary language?I'm particularly interested in what you think of VersesBattleRU, the Russian battle league that has a six-million view battle.
Yo VersesBattleRU, Basementality, WordUp, Spit Mexico, and Scrambles4Money (i know they spit in English but I'll just throw them in for the shout outs) all seem pretty vicious. I wish I could understand them and I guess that's when I get to feel like how non-Filipino people feel watching our vids haha.

Curious as to who will get to represent at WD this year!
anygma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #82
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
salamat! ayos panlasa mo
Old 07-13-2015, 06:24 PM   #83
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3flex View Post
How was things in the Philippines when Mayweather schooled Pac?

You guys buy that lame shoulder excuse?
It was a sad, sad day for sure. Initial view, i felt the judges were a bit biased but that Mayweather still won by a few points. Upon further review, I think Pacquiao got him by a few points. That's all besides the other pussy shit Mayweather does such as handpicking opponents and requirements and all that. I've long wanted to make a thought experiment in the TalkBack forum asking if people would appreciate a full rap battle equivalent of what Mayweather does but I knew I would just come off as bitter haha. Maybe I still am, but I'll stick to my vote of Pac over Mayweather.

I don't know if people really bought it. Maybe everyone was just too distracted by the individual and collective disappointment over his loss. Would want a rematch for sure.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:58 PM   #84
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusAntonius View Post
I never said you did. What I meant was just you can't use the "you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth" angle if you yourself was sort of like that. Was I wrong in that?

It's like Serius clowning Dose for being punched by Math

or Diz saying Gnojaj looks like a terrorist

or Caddy Ron saying Hollohan is a drug addict.

I could go on... but I know you get the point.

I ain't hating man.. it's all respect. I'm just speaking the truth.
And this, my foreign friends, is a prime example of one of the infamous attitude problems pervading Filipino culture known as crab mentality. As much as Filipinos are known for their die-hard patriotism or the idiotic Filipino pride shit, Filipinos will also be the first to try to criticize and take down their own kind. Not different from the pre-mayweather pacquiao bashers that try to talk shit about him despite all he's done for the country. It's a real cultural thing that, despite being discussed as early as elementary school, still seeps into the majority as they enter adolescence and then on until adulthood.

To answer your question, yes you are wrong in that assertion as well as all previous ones you made in the anygma vs fredo thread.

You don't know anything about the life I've lived. I was not born with a silverspoon in my mouth (no matter how witty you though you felt being able to use that idiom). I have taken shits in the wild and wiped my ass with a leaf plenty of times and would still do so just for fun even if there was a toilet nearby. Saying that socio-economic classes in the Philippines are the same as in the United States is completely idiotic. You completely missed the point of my verses if you think my angle was as simple as "you were born with a silverspoon." You still butchered and misinterpreted the leaf line in question as implied by the basis and logic of your argument. You kept reiterating shit as if it were fact, as if saying so automatically qualifies it as a fact. You're claiming to respect me while accusing me of shit and still assuming that you're speaking the truth thus further implying that I'm lying. You still don't know shit about what I've been through no matter how you stylize your commenting font.

And you're just a typical pinoy crab, wannabe cool kid, thinks-he's-so-smart-for-suddenly-participating-in-a-niche-forum-like-this, keyboard warrior. That's all based on your manner of commenting, overcompensatory topic of choice, as well as my experience of dealing with millions of FlipTop followers.

Or we can go by your logic and I'll just say you're gay and that I know that for a fact. A FACT I TELL YOU. Hello, I'm telling the truth here!

I hope you're happy with how you spent your 15 minutes.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:00 PM   #85
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
hi anygma
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #86
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
hi anygma
What's up man!! My hands are still trembling from the excitement of having given you a good shoulder rub.

Yo thanks again for everything man! Hope my battle was worth a future invite. And yo, I ran into Sahtyre again later that week after we kicked it and I don't think he recognized me anymore haha.

Last edited by anygma; 07-13-2015 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #87
Lizman

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
I Thought You Won Versus Aftershock. Your Lyrics Were Lightyears Ahead Of His.

Which Battles Do You Think You Personally Won, And Moreover, Do You Think Your Possibly Undeserved Losses Affected You And Your Writing In Any Way? And If So, How?
Old 07-13-2015, 08:01 PM   #88
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizman View Post
I Thought You Won Versus Aftershock. Your Lyrics Were Lightyears Ahead Of His.

Which Battles Do You Think You Personally Won, And Moreover, Do You Think Your Possibly Undeserved Losses Affected You And Your Writing In Any Way? And If So, How?
Damn that's pretty rare, thanks man!

Honestly I feel like I've out-written all my opponents. I hope that doesn't offend anyone or come off as being arrogant. In the wise words of Kendrick Lamar, "that's just how I feel."

Obviously the performance aspect of my battles has been lacking for a lot of people and there's definitely shit I can still work on hence the decisions not being in my favor. But I also objectively don't care about the win or loss. It's an artform, it will be subjective, and I've grown numb to the win-loss argument from dealing with all the fans that complain about decisions on FlipTop. It's one thing to point out a wrong judgment and another thing to be constantly accused of rigging matches in favor of making more off the intrigue of controversial decisions. So besides my immediate stance on winning or losing, I've also evolved along the years to be even more firm in my apathy towards wins-losses.

Sure a W can feel good, my image might have benefited off of it more since a lot of my non-English speaking fans just go with the "who won/who lost" as opposed to what I was able to do in the battle, but really it's... whatever. I would feel better about a perfect performance than a W and would feel worse about an imperfect performance than I would an L. I feel blessed (in a non-spiritual sense) to be able to represent and also enjoy seeing places I would never have seen otherwise, and to meet people that have inspired me.

Has it affected my writing? I guess. Not in a vindictive, evil villain's-revenge sort of way, but yeah I'm sure it has. Besides having lines referencing the wins-losses cos I know it'll be brought up, it's really more about topping my last battle overall; so both writing and performance.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:10 PM   #89
Lizman

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by anygma View Post
Damn that's pretty rare, thanks man!

Honestly I feel like I've out-written all my opponents. I hope that doesn't offend anyone or come off as being arrogant. In the wise words of Kendrick Lamar, "that's just how I feel."

Obviously the performance aspect of my battles has been lacking for a lot of people and there's definitely shit I can still work on hence the decisions not being in my favor. But I also objectively don't care about the win or loss. It's an artform, it will be subjective, and I've grown numb to the win-loss argument from dealing with all the fans that complain about decisions on FlipTop. It's one thing to point out a wrong judgment and another thing to be constantly accused of rigging matches in favor of making more off the intrigue of controversial decisions. So besides my immediate stance on winning or losing, I've also evolved along the years to be even more firm in my apathy towards wins-losses.

Sure a W can feel good, my image might have benefited off of it more since a lot of my non-English speaking fans just go with the "who won/who lost" as opposed to what I was able to do in the battle, but really it's... whatever. I would feel better about a perfect performance than a W and would feel worse about an imperfect performance than I would an L. I feel blessed (in a non-spiritual sense) to be able to represent and also enjoy seeing places I would never have seen otherwise, and to meet people that have inspired me.

Has it affected my writing? I guess. Not in a vindictive, evil villain's-revenge sort of way, but yeah I'm sure it has. Besides having lines referencing the wins-losses cos I know it'll be brought up, it's really more about topping my last battle overall; so both writing and performance.

Would I Be Correct In Saying That Your Inside Knowledge That You Have Beaten Your Opponent Can Be Self Satisfying Enough To Make You Want To Outshine Yourself In The Next Match Up?

"Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everybody" - KRS ONE
Old 07-14-2015, 01:32 AM   #90
Coma
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Coma is not the worst person
What did Fredo say to you in Tagalog during the battle?
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:47 AM   #91
everybody knows
kotrafd

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
everybody knows is better than Grind Time Australiaeverybody knows is better than Grind Time Australia
Yo!

Your responses in this thread have been straight fire. Just wondering, what's the deal with Aklas? When his battle with loonie dropped you sort of explained the appeal behind him and that was great, but there were a few things about that performance specifically that I wondered about. I remember in the first round he was punctuating his tangents with "pu tang Ina mo", and thinking that if he were rapping in English it would be like saying a couple lines and then "fuck your mother", repeated over the course of 16 bars. What was he saying that tied all the putang Ina mo's together? Aklas is a fascinating character, especially for someone that doesn't know Tagalog.

Also, zaitos performance vs Charon was magical. I would love to see another English zaito battle.
everybody knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #92
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by everybody knows View Post
Yo!

Your responses in this thread have been straight fire. Just wondering, what's the deal with Aklas? When his battle with loonie dropped you sort of explained the appeal behind him and that was great, but there were a few things about that performance specifically that I wondered about. I remember in the first round he was punctuating his tangents with "pu tang Ina mo", and thinking that if he were rapping in English it would be like saying a couple lines and then "fuck your mother", repeated over the course of 16 bars. What was he saying that tied all the putang Ina mo's together? Aklas is a fascinating character, especially for someone that doesn't know Tagalog.

Also, zaitos performance vs Charon was magical. I would love to see another English zaito battle.
Yo wassup Ek! Been a fan ever since even if i remember you being one of the first GT heads that commented on our video kind of making fun of us haha.

Haha good question. He wasn't saying anything to tie the "putang ina mo"s together. Half the time it was just for set up emphasis. The other half, it's as one of his trademark lines that he's somewhat licensed and expected to use. Done by anyone else it would be corny or at least not as effective. The performance aspect of his stylized "putang ina mo" doesn't translate to a simple "your mom's a bitch" either(not "fuck your mom," though I guess that would be the American culture equivalent).

But yeah, more so in past battles, he does it with the ferocity of a cracked out demon, the conviction of a religious extremist, volume and tone of a banshee, and can hit anywhere from nowhere like a peak pacquiao punch. His other trademark lines are the "uwi, uwi, uwi," which directly translates to "go home, go home, go home" but is probably closer to "get the fuck outta here" in our culture. There's also the "tapusin! Tapusin! Tapusin!" which is "finish him" said thrice and comes from the Tagalog dubbed version of Yu Yu Hakusho which was big out here.

Aklas would be a Tagalog-rapping mix of Dizaster's intensity, Ogmios as well as Joe Cutter's left-field shit, Charron's rebuttal/freestyle ability, and Pedro's brand of absurdity (absurd humor is pretty big out here too ex. Zaito).

And yep, Zaito's insane man. I'm a very empirical person but Zaito is fucking magic. Have thought about doing another subtitle battle but maybe against some other local out here that I imagine will be as effective as Zaito was.

Zaito would be a Tagalog-rapping mix of Oshea's brand of absurd humor, Madness' humor, old Serius Jones' humor, Head ICE's realness and street shit, Pedro's freestyle ability, and ODB's genetics.

For those that haven't check them yet, enjoy!

Old 07-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #93
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizman View Post
Would I Be Correct In Saying That Your Inside Knowledge That You Have Beaten Your Opponent Can Be Self Satisfying Enough To Make You Want To Outshine Yourself In The Next Match Up?

"Knowledge Reigns Supreme Over Nearly Everybody" - KRS ONE
Well, to not get it twisted, I can't really say I beat them as I should just leave that for whoever else to decide. But yeah, I'd like to think that I out-wrote them but out-performing or out-rapping them? I don't have as confident a stance on that.

I guess it can be self-satisfying enough as well but maybe it's more of the overall want and need to improve and shit.

But thanks yo, I took a lot of risks and was overconfident in my battle with Aftershock and definitely paid the price for it so it's cool that at least someone appreciated what I did. After that particular battle, yeah I was out to redeem myself and maybe for the next few as well haha.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #94
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
What did Fredo say to you in Tagalog during the battle?

In Tagalog:

"Ano, galit ka? Aba'y gago ka pala! Tangina mo! ang sarap mong sakalin at sampalin sa panga. You're the wrong guy for your barangay tol, lahat ng mga tambay mag tagay ng Tanduay kasi patay na ito."

In inaccurate Google Translate:

"What, you hate ? Why, silly you are! Damn you ! The zest can smother and slap on the jaw. You're the wrong guy for your villages tol , all hang out to the cheers of Tanduay because it dead."

in better translation:

"What, you mad? You a dumbass then! Son of a bitch I wanna choke you and slap you on the jaw. You're the wrong guy for your hood bro, everyone kicking it bring out the Tanduay (rhum) cos this fool's dead."

It sounded good. But between me and him, I'd say I would be the better judge of what's good Tagalog. Haha peace Fredo!
Old 07-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #95
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Foreigners might not believe this, but one of our recent uploads that hit half a million in a day was also removed within 24 hours cos of being flagged. A lot of the clues point to certain politicians that invest in guarding their image on social media and that particular battle that was flagged (which has never happened before in all our history) involved one emcee dressed up to look like our current President. The battle also involved insults to both the President and Vice President for their corruption. So yeah, long story short, corrupt as politicians tried to take down one of our videos. Luckily with the help of the fans that all appealed to Youtube, the video went back online in like 4 days.

English conference event, not so sure. Hopefully a few international guests this year.

I don't think Zain Azrai's thing can be considered a league but last I heard he owed money to a number of emcees for badly fucking up their event in Malaysia. I doubt there will be a Silat II event.
Do you get more nervous before performing in front of an american crowd as opposed to battling in the Philippines? Also which Flip Top Emcee do you think transfers best to the KOTD/Dont Flop stage?
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:46 PM   #96
everybody knows
kotrafd

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
everybody knows is better than Grind Time Australiaeverybody knows is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Yo wassup Ek! Been a fan ever since even if i remember you being one of the first GT heads that commented on our video kind of making fun of us haha.

Haha good question. He wasn't saying anything to tie the "putang ina mo"s together. Half the time it was just for set up emphasis. The other half, it's as one of his trademark lines that he's somewhat licensed and expected to use. Done by anyone else it would be corny or at least not as effective. The performance aspect of his stylized "putang ina mo" doesn't translate to a simple "your mom's a bitch" either(not "fuck your mom," though I guess that would be the American culture equivalent).

But yeah, more so in past battles, he does it with the ferocity of a cracked out demon, the conviction of a religious extremist, volume and tone of a banshee, and can hit anywhere from nowhere like a peak pacquiao punch. His other trademark lines are the "uwi, uwi, uwi," which directly translates to "go home, go home, go home" but is probably closer to "get the fuck outta here" in our culture. There's also the "tapusin! Tapusin! Tapusin!" which is "finish him" said thrice and comes from the Tagalog dubbed version of Yu Yu Hakusho which was big out here.

Aklas would be a Tagalog-rapping mix of Dizaster's intensity, Ogmios as well as Joe Cutter's left-field shit, Charron's rebuttal/freestyle ability, and Pedro's brand of absurdity (absurd humor is pretty big out here too ex. Zaito).

And yep, Zaito's insane man. I'm a very empirical person but Zaito is fucking magic. Have thought about doing another subtitle battle but maybe against some other local out here that I imagine will be as effective as Zaito was.

Zaito would be a Tagalog-rapping mix of Oshea's brand of absurd humor, Madness' humor, old Serius Jones' humor, Head ICE's realness and street shit, Pedro's freestyle ability, and ODB's genetics.

For those that haven't check them yet, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0fnpDyVm9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qwAfRQCQak
Now that you mention it I vaguely remember saying something disparaging bout the league early on and I apologize for that, especially after reading the story behind flip top in this thread. You built an empire and its an awe-inspiring thing to reflect upon. Holy shit at your Aklas and zaito comparisons, great way to put it.

Last edited by everybody knows; 07-14-2015 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Edit: holy shit Tagalog-dubbed yu yu hakusho that's the best
everybody knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:52 AM   #97
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
what are your top 3 favorite flip top battles
track 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:23 AM   #98
MarcusAntonius

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
MarcusAntonius is not the worst person
Quote:
And this, my foreign friends, is a prime example of one of the infamous attitude problems pervading Filipino culture known as crab mentality. As much as Filipinos are known for their die-hard patriotism or the idiotic Filipino pride shit, Filipinos will also be the first to try to criticize and take down their own kind. Not different from the pre-mayweather pacquiao bashers that try to talk shit about him despite all he's done for the country. It's a real cultural thing that, despite being discussed as early as elementary school, still seeps into the majority as they enter adolescence and then on until adulthood.

To answer your question, yes you are wrong in that assertion as well as all previous ones you made in the anygma vs fredo thread.

You don't know anything about the life I've lived. I was not born with a silverspoon in my mouth (no matter how witty you though you felt being able to use that idiom). I have taken shits in the wild and wiped my ass with a leaf plenty of times and would still do so just for fun even if there was a toilet nearby. Saying that socio-economic classes in the Philippines are the same as in the United States is completely idiotic. You completely missed the point of my verses if you think my angle was as simple as "you were born with a silverspoon." You still butchered and misinterpreted the leaf line in question as implied by the basis and logic of your argument. You kept reiterating shit as if it were fact, as if saying so automatically qualifies it as a fact. You're claiming to respect me while accusing me of shit and still assuming that you're speaking the truth thus further implying that I'm lying. You still don't know shit about what I've been through no matter how you stylize your commenting font.

And you're just a typical pinoy crab, wannabe cool kid, thinks-he's-so-smart-for-suddenly-participating-in-a-niche-forum-like-this, keyboard warrior. That's all based on your manner of commenting, overcompensatory topic of choice, as well as my experience of dealing with millions of FlipTop followers.

Or we can go by your logic and I'll just say you're gay and that I know that for a fact. A FACT I TELL YOU. Hello, I'm telling the truth here!

I hope you're happy with how you spent your 15 minutes.

First off, I 10000% agree with you of how idiotic pinoy pride is.. but wow.. you pulled that "pinoy crab mentality" card quick.

If I was harsh in my post in the Fredo-Anygma thread, sorry... my bad. I don't want this to be a hate-filled back-and-forth.

This is with all due respect...

All I meant was you can't use an angle or line that's also applicable to you. Was that wrong? I'm not judging your life.. but you know how far you are from being poor.. how can you not accept that using lines like that are questionable?

Aside from Fredo never experiencing the hardships of life, or for this matter... a 3rd world country, what else does that "shitting on a leaf" line mean? This is not sarcasm. I really want to know its deeper meaning(s).

If Abra (for the sake of others... he's kinda like FlipTop's Fresco) used gay jokes on someone... or if he said you went to an elite university or some shit (Abra went to one)... what will your rebuttal be? Even if it was a dope line.. can we both agree that he's one of the last guys who can use lines like that?

what if he said you don't know me.. I'm not gay.. I smashed a lot of chicks..? can you imagine how the FlipTop fans would ridicule and discredit that line and how much they'd laugh at him? That's all I'm saying. I hope you get my point.
MarcusAntonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:18 AM   #99
Tangerine

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tangerine is a PY Poster
Quote:
All I meant was you can't use an angle or line that's also applicable to you. Was that wrong? I'm not judging your life.. but you know how far you are from being poor.. how can you not accept that using lines like that are questionable?
How is that even in any way or form applicable when the life standard differences between America and the Philippines (or pretty much any 3rd world country for that matter) are insanely huge? To assert that being poor in America bears no difference compared to being poor in the Philippines, only means you have no idea about anything at all, and what follows with that, is to keep silent in matters you don't know. Besides, assuming that one hails from a "rich" neighbourhood is just a dumb first impression people make when someone speaks English as their first language.

Quote:
but you know how far you are from being poor
I personally know Anygma, and he's nowhere near being rich, even by our country's life standards. As for myself, I'm from the middle class (by Philippine standards), yet I still get to experience all that shit too while growing up—shitting on the ground or soil, wiping your ass with a leaf, sleeping on the floor in a very compact house full of insects, unsafely skipping through very dangerous obstacles (like a breaking footbridge or a steep narrow pathway) just to get somewhere, etc. It's not rare especially in provinces. You're really only seeing this on a very skewed point of view.

Quote:
what else does that "shitting on a leaf" line mean? This is not sarcasm. I really want to know its deeper meaning(s).
It's what it means exactly. The Philippines is quite poor as a country, that even a person from the middle class (again, in our country's standards) get to experience hostility like this, and you know who experiences that kind of low in first-world countries? Only homeless people. Maybe you really just don't comprehend the huge relativity between being poor in two very economically-distinctive countries. And if we're going to use the first-world's standards, hell, more than 90% of the people in this country would classify as poor.

Quote:
what if he said you don't know me.. I'm not gay.. I smashed a lot of chicks..? can you imagine how the FlipTop fans would ridicule and discredit that line and how much they'd laugh at him?
Lol seriously man, do you really believe someone is gay because their opponents say so in battles? Yet you fabricate false claims about someone not experiencing what it's like to live with poor life standards just because they use it as an angle in battles?

Last edited by Tangerine; 07-15-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:34 AM   #100
iceage

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
iceage is a PY Poster
Damn, Atenistas taking over this thread!!! Win or lose Fliptop 470 million views!!!
iceage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 05:12 AM   #101
MarcusAntonius

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
MarcusAntonius is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Lol seriously man, do you really believe someone is gay because their opponents say so in battles? Yet you fabricate false claims about someone not experiencing what it's like to live with poor life standards just because they use it as an angle in battles?
Are you serious? That's so far from what I meant.

I've broken down my point to a very simple form and you somehow manage to take it way way out.

What is wrong in saying that it's ridiculous to use an angle that's also applicable to you? Isn't that a part of how we judge battles? That was my only point...

Don't get butt hurt.. I'm just talking about the battle.. it's not personal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
How is that even in any way or form applicable when the life standard differences between America and the Philippines (or pretty much any 3rd world country for that matter) are insanely huge? To assert that being poor in America bears no difference compared to being poor in the Philippines, only means you have no idea about anything at all, and what follows with that, is to keep silent in matters you don't know. Besides, assuming that one hails from a "rich" neighbourhood is just a dumb first impression people make when someone speaks English as their first language.
Where in the fcking hell did I say that the poverty in America and Philippines is the same?
MarcusAntonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #102
WIL$ON
YAAAOOOO

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
WIL$ON probably likes in here/hair word play
Not sure if it's been asked but which Fliptop mcees would do best on KOTD?
And does everyone know English over there?
I don't think I've met a Filipino that can't speak at least a little English.
Buju Banton
Mavado
Konshens
Tommy lee sparta

METISJAMAICA
WIL$ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:50 AM   #103
eL sparX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
eL sparX is not the worst person
Quote:
What is wrong in saying that it's ridiculous to use an angle that's also applicable to you? Isn't that a part of how we judge battles? That was my only point...
while it's not a tactic that i, or most self-respecting honest individuals, would take or condone it's not really that uncommon for battle rappers to take digs at their opponent which could also be used against them. the backlash of criticism and hate, as well as loss of authenticity, almost always outweighs the temporary gain... but this is battle rap and it's become almost acceptable to just expect that people will say anything in a battle, regardless of how bullshit it is or not. sometimes, especially in an important battle, being able to trick the crowd into either giving you a big reaction or minimizing the response of your opponent's next haymaker is worth it in the emcee's eyes. there's no denying how important having the crowd on your side is in a battle.

i said 'temporary gain' earlier bc that's exactly what it is... you're prob gonna get called on your bs immediately, whether it's in a post-battle interview by a hard-hitting reporter or on an internet message board by an ethugging stan. however, say you commit your fraudulence against your long-time nemesis knowing that your next battle is against matty multi or sammy stretch and you feel comfortable sacrificing a couple points, knowing that won't be enough for andy antic to beat you. some dudes will convince themselves that sacrificing long-term integrity and risk being labelled as a 'black pot' or 'boy who cried wolf is worth the victory in the now... besides, you can always argue that it was just a battle and you shouldn't possibly be held accountable for your statements in said battle bc you said them in a battle and that's not how you actually feel/act. battle, battle, battle... i know. it just pisses me off that people actually believe that they can say/act any way they want and not be responsible for their actions after... just bc they said/acted during a rap battle. it's total bullshit.

as much as i hate that rap battles are no longer judged... it benefits only rapper's egos (read: worth) and league's views (read: worth), unconfident rappers bc guys that were actually elite (and confident in themselves) would get their due respect and payment from winning... the absence of a decision, that actually held weight, being made immediately has eliminated most of the excuses rappers used in justifying their LYING. it's also a huge 'fuck you' to the fans... they're pretty much broadcasting that they think the fans are idiots, uninformed and impressionable or even worse 'new school newbies'... sad thing is, with the influx of new fans, the majority are and have no concern with learning the history.

i apologize for the mostly off-topic, long-winded rant but i just started going and couldn't stop. to hop back on track and become a contributing (with respect to the conversation's intended dialogue) participant... what can you expect for chicks at a typical flip-top event? well-represented or non-existent? i'm guessing it's probably pretty comparable to here in the states... with most events being sausage fests and the few that are there either: lesbian, dress/act masculine, or aren't interested unless your names on the flyer... but was curious if being more popular with the mainstream brought in more variety of the ladies? thanks anygma, you da man!
eL sparX is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8212, anygma, betlog, fliptop