Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Anygma of FlipTop - ask me shit

Old 10-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #121
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
@anygma, what do u think u would do if daylyt sexually assaulted u on stage in front of hundreds of people?
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #122
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 834 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Yo Anygma -- huge fan of your battle with dbd. Thought you really brought out that next level dirty cultural shit. Hard to compete when a dude was rapping like u were in that one. Great job.
mdk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #123
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Gay as this is to say, Anygma/J-Pro is one of the smartest battles ive ever seen
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #124
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
JesusOfRap is a PY Poster
Damn wd4 isn't lacking in the racism bars this year. In Cali protect your self from calling our door man a spic, might get you in trouble with brown pride. In Canada everything is fair play except n word. I only know one Filipino and he learned English here listening to Elvis records and he used to love basketball now all he does is gamble. I don't think anyone asked you yet how much flip top payed for those views. *face me pinoy is like face me boy or face me jose. Yes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by QPSONS View Post
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
god damn man QP never ceases to entertain. always has multiple moments/lines per battle where I have to just pause the vid and punch something. So ill

Last edited by SpecialOh; Today at 03:29 AM. Reason: (:lol:)
JesusOfRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #125
JuanBisente

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
JuanBisente is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by anygma View Post
the philippines is a 7100+ island archipelago, was colonized by the spanish (300+ years, those fuckers), by the japanese (those fuckers), us of a (fuckers), and even by the british and the dutch but not long enough to make a dent (like 2 years each, so they're semi fuckers). was always in good relations with the chinese way before pre-hispanic times, as well as muslims (maybe not of late tho). so it's a a bit of a melting pot with a very hodgepodge mutated culture. population: 100 million and counting.

it's a very paradoxical country. richest of the rich, poorest of the poor; for all it's potential, somehow stays a shit place, beautiful, somehow still shit, known for hospitality yet somehow still pretty racist, known for bieng happy go lucky but not much to smile about. great tourist spots from beaches to mountains to jungles to farms to cities to urban and rural poor areas. very corrupt country. a lot of backward thinking going on. christian unfortunately, as well as muslim, unfortunately. 100+ different languages and dialects. great food. beautiful women, and even more beautiful when mixed with a different breed (fugly filipino + fugly foreigner = beautiful women somehow). musically inclined. unbearably hot (as in temperature). gets fucked by natural disasters. americanized. also been argued that we don't have a cultural or national identity cos of being mixed by all sorts of shit. nespotic. extremely rich biodiversity. poor science. quirky resourcefulness. pollution. fucked up infrastructure. bullshit government. overcompensatingly proud. good at billiards, boxing, bowling, basketball (before), and battle rap. overpopulated urban areas: metro manila is a tiny dot on the world map and we're half the population of canada at 15 million. has its safe and dangerous parts as with any country/place. poor education system. we all have black hair (as opposed to other countries having brown, blonde, red, etc). traditionally eat with our hands (and still do depending on the occasion). great street food. we can probably eat zombies if they existed. male's enjoy pissing anywhere especially during drinking sessions. we drink a lot. weed is okay but expensive if you know where to look. a lot of people enjoy shabu (meth). minimum wage is low as fuck (roughly 5 USD a day). lots of ignorant people. speak english pretty well and are supposedly preferred over indian phone operators (no racist).

uhmm... i could go on and on

Anygma you're the man, Department of Tourism and DepEd should Thank and be proud of you. You're making our country very popular.
JuanBisente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #126
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

Solid first quote and dickride. Welcome to the party
Quote:
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:
god damn man QP never ceases to entertain. always has multiple moments/lines per battle where I have to just pause the vid and punch something. So ill

Old 10-18-2013, 04:29 AM   #127
Caloyskee
PutangInaMoDin

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Caloyskee is a PY Poster
Pre, what happened to fuego? will he battle again?

I remembered my first live event was AHON 1 on that heater of a place in pasig that shit was crazy. Thanks man been addicted to fliptop and battle rap as a whole ever since -- keep it up
Caloyskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #128
YoungC.SunuganKalye

YoungC.SunuganKalye is a PY Poster
Quote:
wala pa naman. ilaya at tala siguro dahil may hindi natuloy na battle sana nila. don g rin siguro para may mapanuod tayong ibu-bully niya. mga ibang old school din siguro?
Don G. Would be awesome parang feeling ko if he ever step into a battle, he would bring that math hoffa stage presence and bars na mala aye verb
YoungC.SunuganKalye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:28 AM   #129
JesusOfRap
Автомат Калашникова 47

take detour with you he's a great cook and he doesn't eat much of the product. Smoking on the other hand he is a problem
Quote:
GTN + kotd = fuck smack
Quote:

Old 10-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #130
anygma
VIP

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
@anygma, what do u think u would do if daylyt sexually assaulted u on stage in front of hundreds of people?
haha he wouldn't want to do that over here. people can disappear for a lot less, no exaggeration and not something to be glorified.
anygma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #131
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Yo Anygma -- huge fan of your battle with dbd. Thought you really brought out that next level dirty cultural shit. Hard to compete when a dude was rapping like u were in that one. Great job.
thanks man! what you think of my other battles though? do you prefer the dirty cultural shit and did i fail to do that in my following battles?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #132
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusOfRap View Post
Damn wd4 isn't lacking in the racism bars this year. In Cali protect your self from calling our door man a spic, might get you in trouble with brown pride. In Canada everything is fair play except n word. I only know one Filipino and he learned English here listening to Elvis records and he used to love basketball now all he does is gamble. I don't think anyone asked you yet how much flip top payed for those views. *face me pinoy is like face me boy or face me jose. Yes?
haha never paid for anything. started FlipTop with a little less than 150 USD in 2010, shuffled money around to keep the events going and getting bigger so it would lead to bigger money and bigger events. i don't think there's an equivalent of the n-word for Filipinos but we're called all sorts of shit.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #133
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanBisente View Post
Anygma you're the man, Department of Tourism and DepEd should Thank and be proud of you. You're making our country very popular.
haha always thought that the department of tourism might want to invest or sponsor FlipTop for all the attention it's brought to the country. but i'm also pretty straightforward about the negative stuff too.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #134
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloyskee View Post
Pre, what happened to fuego? will he battle again?

I remembered my first live event was AHON 1 on that heater of a place in pasig that shit was crazy. Thanks man been addicted to fliptop and battle rap as a whole ever since -- keep it up
he's just chilling. depends on him i guess if he wants to battle again. ahon 1 was pretty sick huh? too bad that venue closed a few years ago now it's some chicken spot haha. thanks yo, watch out for the coming uploads!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #135
dpcolorblind

dpcolorblind is a PY Poster
Hello Sir Angyma,

I'm a big fan of Fliptop, I usually download every new uploads from youtube so I can replay it anytime without buffering. Just a question, do you have any issues with Mike Swift and Jhon? I read his post that you didn't support the Araneta Dreams. And Sak Maestro is one of the best emcees these days. Is it possible to bring him on Tectonics? Gagalaw talaga tectonic plates pag sya bumattle.
dpcolorblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #136
THACITY
THASHITTYWOK

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
THACITY is not the worst person
holy fuck bro im a fan of yours now for sure
not your battles just you as a dude
The best is people disappear for a lot less
Do you put that on Grape?
hahahhaahahahah
I have always been underwhelmed by Loonie not sure about all the hype
THACITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #137
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcolorblind View Post
Hello Sir Angyma,

I'm a big fan of Fliptop, I usually download every new uploads from youtube so I can replay it anytime without buffering. Just a question, do you have any issues with Mike Swift and Jhon? I read his post that you didn't support the Araneta Dreams. And Sak Maestro is one of the best emcees these days. Is it possible to bring him on Tectonics? Gagalaw talaga tectonic plates pag sya bumattle.

yo it would be a lot more helpful if you didn't download them cos that's called piracy. the battles are already uploaded for free, the least you could do is watch them on youtube and have your view added to the tabulated stats.

Mike and Jhon are the homies but we don't specifically stand or fight for the same things. I did and do support them in their endeavors as much as i can at least.

if the match up is right, why not?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #138
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by THACITY View Post
holy fuck bro im a fan of yours now for sure
not your battles just you as a dude
The best is people disappear for a lot less
Do you put that on Grape?
hahahhaahahahah
I have always been underwhelmed by Loonie not sure about all the hype
haha maybe you can give my battles a second chance then? i'm sure i could disappear for a lot less too in their areas. all it takes is someone who really doesn't give a fuck right?

Loonie has been one of the sickest out here for a loong time, even before FlipTop. wish y'all could understand the stuff he says in the Tagalog battles. and for whatever it's worth, English is his third language behind Cebuano/Bisaya and Tagalog.

he's even reached a bit of a Thesaurus status over here for having fathered a style that too many amateur kids ran with. a lot of the current battle emcees genuinely look up to dude and he's done a lot for the scene.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #139
dpcolorblind

dpcolorblind is a PY Poster
Quote:
yo it would be a lot more helpful if you didn't download them cos that's called piracy. the battles are already uploaded for free, the least you could do is watch them on youtube and have your view added to the tabulated stats.

Mike and Jhon are the homies but we don't specifically stand or fight for the same things. I did and do support them in their endeavors as much as i can at least.

if the match up is right, why not?
Yah, Sorry for that sir. But I enjoyed watching it on my hard drive than waiting youtube for buffering it specially with our ISP here.

Do you have any plans to bring events in Cebu?
dpcolorblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #140
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpcolorblind View Post
Yah, Sorry for that sir. But I enjoyed watching it on my hard drive than waiting youtube for buffering it specially with our ISP here.

Do you have any plans to bring events in Cebu?
it's dope that you want to watch the battles that often! but seriously we could use help from people like you that actually rewatch the battles.

for sure, i've been wanting to for the longest time. we were boycotted though a few years back by some dudes in your local scene. i haven't seen Cebu since 1998 maybe so i'd love to come back even if just for a vacation!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:00 AM   #141
THACITY
THASHITTYWOK

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
THACITY is not the worst person
Quote:
haha maybe you can give my battles a second chance then? i'm sure i could disappear for a lot less too in their areas. all it takes is someone who really doesn't give a fuck right?

Loonie has been one of the sickest out here for a loong time, even before FlipTop. wish y'all could understand the stuff he says in the Tagalog battles. and for whatever it's worth, English is his third language behind Cebuano/Bisaya and Tagalog.

he's even reached a bit of a Thesaurus status over here for having fathered a style that too many amateur kids ran with. a lot of the current battle emcees genuinely look up to dude and he's done a lot for the scene.
I works with mad penos bro
They love your shit your a fucking hero to them
i gotta get them to translate one of the battles do they translate well
and oh shit is Adobo is fucking tasty
come to america b ill let let you sleep on my couch
jajajahahahahahha
THACITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #142
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
thanks man! what you think of my other battles though? do you prefer the dirty cultural shit and did i fail to do that in my following battles?
I think your very next battle after the dbd one may have fallen a bit short...I don't remember your opponent. I have been paying less attention to battles lately but you have had a few raw joints since dbd for sure. But that one may still be my favorite from you.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #143
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Yo @anygma are you making a nice living off these battles since flip top puts up such huge numbers and its so popular in the Philippines? Bit of a personal question but I've been curious since battling is such a phenomenon over there it seems. Also..how does everyone learn multiple languages where you live? In school or other means? For how much money the US has I can't believe how far behind the rest of the world we are as far as speaking more than one language. It's like a prerequisite for everyone else to know at least three languages and we can barely fuckin utilize one with any effectiveness lol
Old 10-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #144
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by THACITY View Post
I works with mad penos bro
They love your shit your a fucking hero to them
i gotta get them to translate one of the battles do they translate well
and oh shit is Adobo is fucking tasty
come to america b ill let let you sleep on my couch
jajajahahahahahha

haha they might get a few important translations wrong though but yeah give it a try. adobo is god in disguise! for sure man, i heard couches over there are like 5 star hotels.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #145
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Yo @anygma are you making a nice living off these battles since flip top puts up such huge numbers and its so popular in the Philippines? Bit of a personal question but I've been curious since battling is such a phenomenon over there it seems. Also..how does everyone learn multiple languages where you live? In school or other means? For how much money the US has I can't believe how far behind the rest of the world we are as far as speaking more than one language. It's like a prerequisite for everyone else to know at least three languages and we can barely fuckin utilize one with any effectiveness lol
you ever peep this one? let me know what you think!

i get by for sure, not yet a nice living but that's the goal haha. it's been my day job the last 3 years actually.

in school we're really taught both English and Tagalog. then in the provinces of course they speak their native dialects. places like Metro Cebu which is in a different island group speak Cebuano and English fluently, then some will learn Tagalog simply cos most of the rest of the country speaks it. other schools also teach mandarin and/or cantonese. not really a prerequisite but it does help in getting around. people know you're from metro manila if you speak a certain way. different city and regional slang too. speaking good english can land relatively higher paying jobs out here aka call centers
Old 10-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #146
Caloyskee
PutangInaMoDin

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Caloyskee is a PY Poster
Quote:
he's just chilling. depends on him i guess if he wants to battle again. ahon 1 was pretty sick huh? too bad that venue closed a few years ago now it's some chicken spot haha. thanks yo, watch out for the coming uploads!
yeah GOAT fliptop event for me .That upcoming davao card looks sick - wish it was in manila , i would have watched it live for sure haha! dalhin nyo si Sak sa Manila!

Are there plans for events of fliptop in QC/ north metro in the future? what's the next big step for fliptop?
Caloyskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #147
Hephap

Hephap is a PY Poster
haha, isa ako dun sa mga mahilig lang sa battles at hindi hiphop.. may mga tropa ka bang rock/metal ang music influence anygma?

atsaka nakita ko nung nakaraan nakasuot ka ng giniling festival na tee nakikinig ka rin ba ng ibang genre ng music?

hindi ako mahilig sa hiphop pero suportado ko ang fliptop tsaka mga emcee ok lang ba yun?

sana ok lang mag tagalog, hirap mag english haha

Last edited by Hephap; 10-18-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: changes
Hephap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #148
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloyskee View Post
yeah GOAT fliptop event for me .That upcoming davao card looks sick - wish it was in manila , i would have watched it live for sure haha! dalhin nyo si Sak sa Manila!

Are there plans for events of fliptop in QC/ north metro in the future? what's the next big step for fliptop?
not really. finals coming up of course
Old 10-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #149
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephap View Post
haha, isa ako dun sa mga mahilig lang sa battles at hindi hiphop.. may mga tropa ka bang rock/metal ang music influence anygma?

atsaka nakita ko nung nakaraan nakasuot ka ng giniling festival na tee nakikinig ka rin ba ng ibang genre ng music?

hindi ako mahilig sa hiphop pero suportado ko ang fliptop tsaka mga emcee ok lang ba yun?

sana ok lang mag tagalog, hirap mag english haha
marami. karamihan naman ng bansa mas rock parin ang trip eh. nakikinig din minsan. kaibigan ko talaga kasi yung gitarista nila sa giniling at siyempre fan din ako ng trabaho nila at ibang banda.

mas maganda kung alamin mo rin yung hiphop at napakalawak na mundo niya. malay mo magustuhan mo!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #150
SWJames

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
SWJames is a PY Poster
Quote:
Just to add to the convo, Filipino and English are the languages taught in school. Those languages become your second and third languages depending on how you were raised I guess and of course where you come from. You start with your dialect and learn other languages.

To put it in perspective, you can take an hour drive North, South, East, West, doesn't matter and people would be speaking a different language.
SWJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #151
Robby

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Robby is not the worst person
I grew up with so many Filipinos and was pretty much raised by a Filipino family because my parents were always working. Got alot of respect for your people. Are u ever surprised by the amount of filipinos that come out to the world domination events to see you and protege perform? at wd4 you guys had quite the crowd. I didnt mind at all, filipino woman are beautiful

Last edited by Robby; 10-18-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Robby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #152
Har D

Har D is a PY Poster
im filipino too. im from tanay,rizal

Quote:
hahaha. if you're filipino and follow us on facebook you pretty much know how i feel about it.
haha . Is there a chance to have a fliptop event in tanay,rizal & what are your thoughts about RapGod by Eminem Do you like it?
Har D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #153
Har D

Har D is a PY Poster
Is all the emcee's on fliptop have salary/talent fee?
Old 10-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #154
Har D

Har D is a PY Poster
Be a hiphop supporter/fan, how can i support hiphop? sharing there songs or album and bios? is enough to be a hiphop supporter? Yeah!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #155
Benzo

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Benzo is a PY Poster
@anygma Wassup bro, I was born in Quezon City. Keep doing your thing! We support you out here in Chicago
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #156
badz10

badz10 is a PY Poster
Yow bother. I just want to thank you for boosting the hiphop scene in our country. I think Most of the viewers of fliptop just had the knowledge and appreciates the verses of the battle mc's, their bars, wordplay metaphors and references, shit.

P.S , Are you planning to set an event in CEBU? just sayin' xD
badz10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #157
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby View Post
I grew up with so many Filipinos and was pretty much raised by a Filipino family because my parents were always working. Got alot of respect for your people. Are u ever surprised by the amount of filipinos that come out to the world domination events to see you and protege perform? at wd4 you guys had quite the crowd. I didnt mind at all, filipino woman are beautiful
dope man, Filipino values are cool too haha. there's always a bunch of new pinoys that show up at the events but we also have a core group of friends out there in Toronto that always hold us down. Filipinos are everywhere man it's crazy
Old 10-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #158
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Har D View Post
haha . Is there a chance to have a fliptop event in tanay,rizal & what are your thoughts about RapGod by Eminem Do you like it?
if you're in Luzon, there's really no excuse of the venue being far. people from as far as Tuguegarao show up at events, tanay's not that far.

Rap god sick as fuck, very apt song title.

Yes everyone gets paid at FlipTop down to the gate people.

You can start by researching more about it and studying its history, back tracking for all the classic artists and albums. and yeah reposting the music always helps i guess.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #159
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
@anygma Wassup bro, I was born in Quezon City. Keep doing your thing! We support you out here in Chicago
dope man thanks for the support! hope y'all been enjoying the recent uploads and stay tuned for the next ones!
Old 10-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #160
anygma
VIP

anygma is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by badz10 View Post
Yow bother. I just want to thank you for boosting the hiphop scene in our country. I think Most of the viewers of fliptop just had the knowledge and appreciates the verses of the battle mc's, their bars, wordplay metaphors and references, shit.

P.S , Are you planning to set an event in CEBU? just sayin' xD
thanks man! answered this earlier already if you care to check again!

Tags
million views for this thread, mongolian guy trampled over steps