Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So WD6 is around the corner...who's hyped for that title match?

Old 07-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
So WD6 is around the corner...who's hyped for that title match?

Cause I sure as shit am not. I was just reading that thread about Rone being a sports writer (blogger?) and was like, "oh right...he's the KOTD champ".

So ugh...does anyone really care anymore? I feel like there's less hype around this than ever. I realize the match itself hasn't been announced but even prior to the last few matches there's been lots of discussion/petitioning about the challenger. There's really just no interesting matchup possibilities and I can't think of one plausible matchup that I won't be indifferent about

Maybe talkback is more actively discussing the topic...
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:18 PM   #2
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
You seem to really enjoy the culture sometimes . I'm sorry you're not hyped for this but it might be better if you adjust a positive mindset. WD6 will be dope.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #3
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
You seem to really enjoy the culture sometimes . I'm sorry you're not hyped for this but it might be better if you adjust a positive mindset. WD6 will be dope.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:23 PM   #4
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Rone is a pretty good battle rapper, with a decent fan base, but he doesn't feel like a champion. When Pat was on top, it made sense because he really did feel like the top guy in the league. This has always kinda been the issue with the chain, and sort of why I don't like it.
Jack Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
The only semi decent matchup that would make sense and have title implications is the Caustic rematch.

i could really care less about both Rone or Caustic but it is what it is

Rone vs Bigg K sounds horrible, (even if he could get into Canada)
Rone vs Head ICE sounds even worse

Not really sure who else is in the title shot mix
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:56 PM   #6
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
I'm looking forward to it cuz it's one of the few judged battles in battle rap. That always makes things more interesting. Plus, it's also one of the few kotd battles that gets buzz or has a storyline behind it. Just setting up random matches where the battlers have no history, don't blog, or talk shit to each other is more print for me unless the match up makes sense stylistically. The title matches are generally the most important battles on kotd.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:30 PM   #7
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
As far as the thread title, everybody is, Duh.
If you're not then you're probably just adding personal emotions coming from all angles around and surrounding your life unless you really are just tired of the 9001 battlers who sound the same then I am too namshayn I need a break, not all bars are good just cause they're intricate.

+ I think Rone is still a boy (no offense), an archer from Robin Hood or some shite.
+ KOTD champ all depends on who wears it I guess. Not everyone will respect the Cersei being the Queen of Seven Kingdoms

If Ogmios isn't on this card, this card is glass

Even if those good up-and-comers come through and shit. Even if they bring the older cats from GT and shit. Naw, I'm going too far. But WD6 SHOULD be great. Not saying all of em were but.. It's time to capitalize within this and next year

/edit: Just realized you wrote "Who's ready for that title match?" In which case, whatever maaan we don't know the opponent. I thought you wrote "Who's excited for WD6" then went on about Rone. Okay, gotcha

Last edited by god level; 07-06-2016 at 09:07 PM.
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 08:49 PM   #8
WiggerDaDon
I'm retarded

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
WiggerDaDon is not the worst person
I think it's going to be Rone vs Charron.
WiggerDaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:29 PM   #9
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rone is good, but imo he's always been middle-tier. The hype train got a little carried away after the big t battle, or maybe the dna one

he's good but never great, i think illmac and pat both have higher skill caps and so were more suited to being champs (f u illmac for flopping)
Shadowposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:38 PM   #10
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Im siced for the title match. I feel lime Rone has been hearing all the shit about him not being a good champ and hes gonna blow us all away for his first title defense. And yeah its prolly gonna be vs Caustic.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #11
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
If it's caustic expect a "I already out whited you, now I'm going to out title you" scheme
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:51 PM   #12
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
We we will find out Friday.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 09:57 PM   #13
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
Didnt most of you here beg and cry for Rone to get a shot at champ? Now he won and yall hate him already?

lolz k
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:41 PM   #14
cdizzle

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
cdizzle is not the worst person
Rone vs. Bigg K would be pretty cool
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #15
Carl Spackler
Cinderella story

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Carl Spackler is better than Grind Time AustraliaCarl Spackler is better than Grind Time Australia
Its Ice.

Carl Spackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:04 PM   #16
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i'll be more annoyed at a card of US vs US on a card called World Domination, i'll complain about it, and still watch it. because thats how the world works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #17
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I think its also you havent seen him do anything since being champ.

But there's been allot of discussion of whos next

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:52 AM   #18
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
I don't think its his fault

There is 0 structure for the chain. It's non competitive and random. The title is dumb and means nothing

It would be cool if it represented the best at the time but it doesn't.
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:04 AM   #19
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Caustic deserves it tbh, if it's rone vs caustic i have caustic winning easily.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:40 AM   #20
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
The chain is worthless at this point, love him or hate him Pat Stay IS kotd. The chain has lost all meaning for me, maybe if head ice took the chain he could possibly breath some life into it, not interested in seeing him battle that frat boy rone though.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 05:53 AM   #21
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Genuinely depends on who the contender is, and I think the decision will say a lot about which demographic KOTD is trying to cater towards tbh
Old 07-07-2016, 06:18 AM   #22
justin0

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
justin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICEjustin0 is NICE
id be hyped for @rone vs @illipsis cause illipsis would kill that silly ass white boy.

btw go NiP @Casual
justin0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:48 AM   #23
KebertXela
after school pottery star

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
KebertXela is not the worst person
Bartone knows those hoes. He was the top contender at one point. He bodied tantrum in his last battle(besides the fact that tantrums nose honk scheme bodied the entire battle and the only time a single scheme has won a battle after 2 rounds of choking) but Bartone still deserves that shot.

Either that or porich. He bodied it on gz and has earned a kotd shot again.
KebertXela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:02 AM   #24
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Its Ice.
I did not watch these videos, but the fact that these are the only two in the series currently suggests that it's ICE indeed

JR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #25
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Title means absoloutley nothing and no one cares about it
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:39 PM   #26
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 413 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Rone is trash juice... Daniel tosh ass mfer can't rap a lick

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. qleen
5. magic
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #27
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i like rone but i'm totally uninterested in seeing him defend the chain because i can't think of a worthy contender who'd make the match appealing. a big downside to the chain is that it takes KOTD top tier and forces totally contrived battles to happen.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 02:52 PM   #28
eapoe

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
eapoe is a PY Poster
Does everything in battle rap have to be bigger than the last thing, or it's not something to enjoy?

Will you enjoy the battle less if it's less hype around it beforehand? Maybe somewhat, but not to the point where it makes a difference, surely?
eapoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:17 AM   #29
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakneck View Post
Caustic deserves it tbh, if it's rone vs caustic i have caustic winning easily.
What has he done to deserve a title shot? Got smashed by Big T, Raped by Bigg K, Murked by T Rex, stays ducking Arcane. He did beat Soul but so did Sketch Menace. Arcane should battle Sketch. That's about where he's at at this point.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 12:17 AM   #30
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Rone would slaughter Kid Caustic fyi
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:57 AM   #31
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Rone tried to make him vs Dizaster a thing and Diz wouldn't take the bait beyond social media. Every time Rone tries being cocky about being champ, you know stirring up shit WWE style, every good battler is like yawn no thanks I don't want the chain.

I think uhhh there needs to be more $$$ chain incentive or say good bye to it

Let's be honest here....battle rappers love to brag about huge numbers...but KOTD has paid rappers $5000+ very very few times. The prize to win a title match needs to be 5 grand or some shit
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote