Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Vote Now! GOAT White Battle Rapper

View Poll Results: Who from this list do you consider the GOAT?
Bigg K 3 13.64%
Charron 0 0%
Iron Solomon 2 9.09%
Pat Stay 10 45.45%
Real Deal 0 0%
Rone 1 4.55%
Shotty Horroh 0 0%
The Saurus 4 18.18%
Other (write in comments) 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2020, 03:53 AM   #1
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 945 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
GOAT White Battle Rapper

During the written/Youtube era, few white Anglo/North American battle rappers have ascended to and maintained "top tier" status over the course of an extended time span.

From that select group, is it possible to anoint a GOAT?

Let's take a look at the candidates (in alphabetical order):

Bigg K:
-Arguably the most successful white "street" battle rapper to date
-Coined a 4-bar punchline style that was widely imitated by the masses
-Produced some of the most memorable punchlines in battle rap history

Charron
-Teen prodigy/autistic "savant" that overcame multiple rapping "deficiencies" to consistently build his profile
-Impeccable freestyle ability that produced some classic rebuttals
-3rd highest viewed battle rapper on this list (nearly 26 million views)
-Fearless in his approach and often polarizing; wasn't afraid to push the envelope and risk taking an L
-Built a strong brand; used battle rap to gain relative fame through Wild 'N Out and develop notable wealth

Iron Solomon
-Loan representative from the mecca of hip hop: NYC
-Only freestyle era rapper on this list to attain widespread success on URL
-Has participated in some of the most iconic battles in battle rap history while doing so on multiple leagues (Grindtime, URL, and most recently KOTD)
-Reinvigorated his brand/fanbase with a successful comeback after a multi-year lay-off

Pat Stay
-Only battler on this list that didn't live within a few hours of a major urban area
-Highest viewed battler on this list (nearly 27 million views)
-Made a successful transition to U-Dubb, RBE, and URL after dominating on KOTD for years
-Physically imposing yet versatile in approach; he may possess the highest floor and highest ceiling of any battler on this list

Real Deal
-Was a bastion of consistency on multiple platforms while also being one of the most active battlers on this list
-One of the most well-rounded rappers on this list who was able to fuse multiple styles over the years
-Only rapper on this list with a notable and well-publicized 9-to-5 job who flipped it into a positive for his brand

Rone
-Established himself early in his career as one of the most consistently entertaining battlers on this list
-Dynamic performer who seamlessly incorporated humor and wit into his style while still rapping at a near flawless level
-Used battle rap to elevate himself into a salaried position with the increasingly popular Barstool Sports media outlet.

*Shotty Horroh (not from North America but warranted a mention)
-Has the highest average views per battle and by a large margin (1.4 mil/battle)
-Unanimously the most popular battler in the UK, a set of countries with nearly twice the population of Canada
-One of the most versatile battlers on this list with iconic performances against North American and English battlers
-Only battler on this list to successfully create his own battle league

The Saurus
-Most historically significant battler on this list who influenced countless battlers across multiple continents over a decade ago and still maintained relevance throughout the entire 2010s
-An elite writer and freestyler who modernized his style as needed but never conformed to fly-by-night popular trends
-Maintained pristine longevity/status while being the only battler on this list to have never appeared on a major US "street" league
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:23 AM   #2
Profess
I am the Chef

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Right now Pat is the most popular on this list.

Bigg K is the best rapper.

And The Saurus is the most legendary.

--

Vote The Saurus
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:00 AM   #3
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
pat stay is the best out of this list. he's versatile and has the special move of "clowning" his opponents

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:04 AM   #4
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Pat. Hands down its Pat.

Though, it does depend. Purely legendary status its Saurus, but in terms of 'OG' status its Iron. So who knows.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:18 AM   #5
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Between Pat and Iron. Pat literally changed the game on multiple occasions and is one of few that continues to use his style rather than changing to the generic style.

Iron broke a lot of ground in URL and was the first to bring scenes together. He was really important for bringing the URL and KOTD scenes closer together and unite the freestyle and written scenes.

GTFO with Charron. He has done as much harm as good.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #6
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Also as much as this board hates him, Okwerdz did a lot of the scene back in the days.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 09-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #7
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Between Pat and Iron. Pat literally changed the game on multiple occasions and is one of few that continues to use his style rather than changing to the generic style.

Iron broke a lot of ground in URL and was the first to bring scenes together. He was really important for bringing the URL and KOTD scenes closer together and unite the freestyle and written scenes.

GTFO with Charron. He has done as much harm as good.
I always thought people were too hard on charron until he started false flagging. That was such a white boy bitch thing to do. Lost a lot of respect for him for that. Not understanding the consequences of something like that.

The fake gun thing was rough too. But overall he is a talented freestyler.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-11-2020, 11:41 AM   #8
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Also as much as this board hates him, Okwerdz did a lot of the scene back in the days.
He did. Unfortunately, his battles have not aged well and it looks like an angry white guy who specializes at yelling at black people. He was the top white guy for a minute tho, not in skill level but in delivery.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #9
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
I always thought people were too hard on charron until he started false flagging. That was such a white boy bitch thing to do. Lost a lot of respect for him for that. Not understanding the consequences of something like that.

The fake gun thing was rough too. But overall he is a talented freestyler.
Honestly I respect that Charron brought people's awareness back to freestyling. If he wasn't such a bitch, false flagging, fake aggression, Confederate flagging, gun bars etc. I would respect him far more.

He has also constantly been shown up by people that try. Saurus beat him 8 rounds to 1 which must be a record, lol, Rone 3:0d him, Pat 3:0d him... Can't be the top whiteboy unless you beat the others...
Old 09-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #10
mapleleaf
bumpin onyx in the jag

Mentioned: 388 Post(s)
mapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarcticamapleleaf is better than Grind Time Antarctica
considering pat doing so well on URL it’s gotta be him over iron at this point,

i’d probably say Pat, Iron, Thesaurus, Bigg K, Rome, Charron, then Real deal in that order.

but i could def be convinced to switch it up, it’s hard to consider all of the factors, and that’s not necessarily a list of my preferences because i def prefer real deals battles to charrons. I’d say overall Iron and Rone are the hardest to place based on their level of activity, dipping in and out of the scene. If Thesaurus could cement a little more of a legacy in the modern era he could easily jump over Iron IMO, but we haven’t seen much from thesaurus in terms of culturally monumental battles in the past few years like an Iron vs Nitty type battle. I’ll be rooting for thesaurus big time in the kotd grand prix.

Last edited by mapleleaf; 09-11-2020 at 02:21 PM.
mapleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 03:23 PM   #11
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf View Post
considering pat doing so well on URL it’s gotta be him over iron at this point,

i’d probably say Pat, Iron, Thesaurus, Bigg K, Rome, Charron, then Real deal in that order.

but i could def be convinced to switch it up, it’s hard to consider all of the factors, and that’s not necessarily a list of my preferences because i def prefer real deals battles to charrons. I’d say overall Iron and Rone are the hardest to place based on their level of activity, dipping in and out of the scene. If Thesaurus could cement a little more of a legacy in the modern era he could easily jump over Iron IMO, but we haven’t seen much from thesaurus in terms of culturally monumental battles in the past few years like an Iron vs Nitty type battle. I’ll be rooting for thesaurus big time in the kotd grand prix.
That's a good argument against Saurus, Charron and Real Deal for sure. What big performances have they had recently that match say an Illmac vs K, Pat vs. Danny, or Iron vs. Nitty? Rone is probably the only other guy who has arguably had a performance anywhere near that level, but his performances were huge in their specific scene, not in all scenes.

Therefore Pat, Iron, Shotty, K, Rone, Saurus for me.

Last edited by Emancee; 09-11-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:05 PM   #12
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Pat is definitely the best nowadays but judging on all time as is the question I'd have to say Iron. HM to Thesaurus for everything he's done n how long he's been around too tho.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #13
Casual

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
okwerdz set white battlers back about 10 years.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:12 PM   #14
Casual

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
I got Pat > Iron = Saurus for the top 3. I think as time goes on Pat will continue to solidify himself. Honestly, him vs. Iron on URL at some point would be cool.

Kid Twist should be in the poll above at least a few guys there.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #15
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Pat Stay, followed closely by Bigg K & then trailing much further behind would be Real Deal

Iron Solomon isn't really white, he's Arab isn't he? and in spite of being a good rapper (v Shirt n Tie, Dizaster, Magic are all classics for me) he's a disgrace, what with his whole debacle with bringing up that guy's disabled/deceased child or whatever - the one who was fundraising KOTD at Massacre-whatever, and grabbing Illmaculate by the shirt during their battle? fuckin hell, callin him the GOAT white rapper is just not right.

Am I the only one who feels that way?
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:17 AM   #16
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
he's a disgrace, what with his whole debacle with bringing up that guy's disabled/deceased child or whatever - the one who was fundraising KOTD at Massacre-whatever, and grabbing Illmaculate by the shirt during their battle? fuckin hell, callin him the GOAT white rapper is just not right.
That must be why you like Pat Stay. Pat would never bring up disabled/deceased relatives in a battle, would he?!?
Old 09-12-2020, 04:30 AM   #17
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
That must be why you like Pat Stay. Pat would never bring up disabled/deceased relatives in a battle, would he?!?
that's a really good point, showing that I had only been focused on the fallout *after* the comments were made.

mean, we've got Saurus v Pat Stay and Marvwon v, which are celebrated 'classics', whereas Solomon blew it with his comment

And regarding Solomon grabbing Illmaculate by his shirt, Pat Stay did pick up Nils M/ Skils in their battle which was an even more wack thing to do
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 05:37 AM   #18
griminey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Pat Stay is without question number one, his last couple of years solidified that spot. I'm a die-hard saurus fan but pat has surpassed him in the current model.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 02:34 PM   #19
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral Linguist View Post
Pat Stay, followed closely by Bigg K & then trailing much further behind would be Real Deal

Iron Solomon isn't really white, he's Arab isn't he? and in spite of being a good rapper (v Shirt n Tie, Dizaster, Magic are all classics for me) he's a disgrace, what with his whole debacle with bringing up that guy's disabled/deceased child or whatever - the one who was fundraising KOTD at Massacre-whatever, and grabbing Illmaculate by the shirt during their battle? fuckin hell, callin him the GOAT white rapper is just not right.

Am I the only one who feels that way?
iron solomon arab? he's a white jew from manhattan. and yeah, he made a mistake and made himself look like an idiot for what he did to nikiya...but i dont think he's a bad guy. he was battling arsonal and said that arsonal should have what the baby had. just poor judgment on iron's part.... but solomon can be FIRE. his battle with nitty is a certified classic as is his battle with diz.

he's def up there but i'd see pat stay beating him in a battle.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-12-2020, 08:34 PM   #20
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Fresco or Iron for me.
TheGodOfPez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 08:40 AM   #21
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
so is Illmac no longer considered white? i know he's mixed white/Native American (i'm pretty sure anyway?) but he used to always be lumped in with the white boys

cause like. he's clearly better than anyone on this list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 01:45 AM   #22
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
Fresco or Iron for me.
I think that if Fresco was more consistent, battled more, and did more than just SONS style punches, he could well have been the OG whiteboy.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #23
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Bigg K may have the best resume tbh, just so happens some of his big name battles were on random leagues or failed events. He won most of his battles at his peak ala Illmac, Saurus, Con, Verb, --- Ill Will and Head Ice (who are hard to clearly beat), Math,JC, Pat etc etc. He had some non memorable showings, like T-Top, Cortez and a couple others, but only has a few clear L's.

Pat is probably clearly the most accomplished at the moment, but he had a little sloppy run, some few years back if we are going to pick hairs at peoples body of work. I think BIgg K matched up better against some of the back pack KOTD cats than Pat a little.

Guess it kind of boils down to how much you rate influence, branching out, versatility, win loss record, or just actual rap skills. Assuming everybody on the list is on his A game, I'd personally take K over all of them tbh. PAt, BIgg K, Iron, Rone, Real Deal isn't a bad starting 5 race aside tbh.
ass2myface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 02:29 AM   #24
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 570 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Pat Stay is elite, no doubt about it, but I voted Bigg K

I thought to myself, “Whose battle am I gonna make it point to check out first?” And it was Bigg K

If I had to rank tho, using that same criteria (which battler am I’m most interested in checking a battle for) it’d be Bigg K > Pat > Rone > Shotty Horror > thesaurus > charron > Real Deal

I know it’s a cop out, but I can’t call a goat just bc I honestly don’t know how to properly measure it

*edit

Ok my list is about to be all messed up now, bc I didn’t see Iron, Illmac, and fresco, but with those additions, I’d go:

Bigg K > Pat > Illmac > Fresco > Iron > Porich > Arcane > Rone > Shotty > Thesaurus > Charron > Real Deal

Last edited by 6000GP; 09-15-2020 at 02:37 AM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 02:59 AM   #25
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 945 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
Bigg K may have the best resume tbh, just so happens some of his big name battles were on random leagues or failed events. He won most of his battles at his peak ala Illmac, Saurus, Con, Verb, --- Ill Will and Head Ice (who are hard to clearly beat), Math,JC, Pat etc etc. He had some non memorable showings, like T-Top, Cortez and a couple others, but only has a few clear L's.

Pat is probably clearly the most accomplished at the moment, but he had a little sloppy run, some few years back if we are going to pick hairs at peoples body of work. I think BIgg K matched up better against some of the back pack KOTD cats than Pat a little.

Guess it kind of boils down to how much you rate influence, branching out, versatility, win loss record, or just actual rap skills. Assuming everybody on the list is on his A game, I'd personally take K over all of them tbh. PAt, BIgg K, Iron, Rone, Real Deal isn't a bad starting 5 race aside tbh.
Good breakdown.

Bigg K had some amazing performances over the years but eventually got pigeon holed as a no-frills, 4-bar-punchline style of rapper, and I think people getting tired of his style fast is reflective of his overall profile/views.

I think Pat Stay did an incredible job of choosing match-ups over his career and followed that up with a very high standard for performances. Would've liked to have seen a lot of his early battles against URL rappers... on URL. This dude had more home games over the years than Notre Dame. Nevertheless, once he finally started battling outside of his comfort zone he did prove he was indeed as good as KOTD fans had hyped him up to be for so long.

Last edited by SonnyDaze; 09-15-2020 at 03:03 AM.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:12 AM   #26
StankDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post

I'll go in reverse. Great paragraph.

Eh, i think that's ridiculous but its subjective.

Bold: Are you fucking retarded? Genuine question. Cause either you are, or you think Bigg K is a type of soy sauce. Bigg K has MOSTLY clear L's. Lke, clearly, you have to be lying to yourself to think he won. No, pretending to be 'hard' isn't a criteria for winning a battle. Illmac ACTUALLY made him look iike a child who can barely write his own name. BODYBAGGED by Pat and he fucking KNEW it on stage.

Hell he fucking lost to a CRYING CAUSTIC!?!??! Granted he beat himself by being shit - which is his MO... but he lost to a fucking CRYING CAUSTIC??!?

Caustic, Real Deal, Illmac and Pat all made him look bad. Like BAAAAD. He isn't even in the conversation if you have an ounce of intellectual honesty (this at OP as much as you).
Old 09-16-2020, 01:40 PM   #27
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
i would say bigg k was easily on his way to this after beating ice in a classic and dog walking pat stay. then he seemingly just stopped caring and gave lackluster performances vs t-top, o red, john john, etc. he could have easily beat t-top as t-top was awful in that battle too, and john john had an average performance too despite it being a grudge match. after pat got destroyed by bigg k, he has been in rare form since. his performance against verb, rock, and suge have all been great and his resume of memorable performances tops the list imo.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

current top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, pat stay, loaded lux, geechi gotti

Last edited by sleeping dogs; 09-16-2020 at 01:42 PM.
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 05:54 AM   #28
StankDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post

If I had to rank tho, using that same criteria (which battler am Im most interested in checking a battle for) itd be Bigg K > Pat > Rone > Shotty Horror > thesaurus > charron > Real Deal
Not that this is news to you, but holy ever loving FUCK that's a horrific list.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:56 AM   #29
StankDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
....pat got destroyed by bigg k.....
This is.... the... funniest post on this site in years.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:55 AM   #30
rogermellie

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Yeah I was thinking I'd vote for Pat Stay, but since Big K bagged him so badly I gotta go with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:41 PM   #31
Felicity Halsey
Certified vet

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Felicity Halsey is not the worst person
Bigg K TheSaurus and Pat Stay gotta be top 3 they all stay kicking ass consecutively
Old 09-18-2020, 12:59 AM   #32
Profess
I am the Chef

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Yeah I was thinking I'd vote for Pat Stay, but since Big K bagged him so badly I gotta go with him.
Pat has been excellent lately. But earlier today his KOTD battle vs Hollow auto-played on YouTube and either he has gotten better or circa 2016 has aged like milk
Old 09-18-2020, 02:50 AM   #33
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Pat has been excellent lately. But earlier today his KOTD battle vs Hollow auto-played on YouTube and either he has gotten better or circa 2016 has aged like milk
2015-2016 was just a weird time in battling, loads of just really awkward battles from that era. Hollow Vs. Pat Stay was a great one-rounder, but was just a weird full battle.

Try rewatching his battle against Serius Jones too, lol. It's almost entirely unwatchable.

Last edited by Emancee; 09-18-2020 at 02:52 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:16 AM   #34
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
2015-2016 was just a weird time in battling, loads of just really awkward battles from that era. Hollow Vs. Pat Stay was a great one-rounder, but was just a weird full battle.

Try rewatching his battle against Serius Jones too, lol. It's almost entirely unwatchable.
Interesting point about 2015-2016 being a weird time. That got me think about what is the best year. So I made a new thread with a poll about that a few mins ago. Conversely, what is the worst year? Might be an equally good poll. I'm curious if you agree that 2012 is the start of the modern era of battle rap
Old 09-18-2020, 05:29 AM   #35
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Interesting point about 2015-2016 being a weird time. That got me think about what is the best year. So I made a new thread with a poll about that a few mins ago. Conversely, what is the worst year? Might be an equally good poll. I'm curious if you agree that 2012 is the start of the modern era of battle rap
I'd put it earlier than that personally. In 2011 Saurus and Illmac were in the KOTD GZ doing a very modern style (honestly it blew my mind at the time even though now it is pretty typical). That said, most people look at Summer Madness 2 as being the defining year as after that all the crazy styles took off.

Last edited by Emancee; 09-19-2020 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:41 AM   #36
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Quote:

I agree. The one rounder btwn hollow n pat>>> thhe three rounder. I thought Hollow was excellent In the one rounder but really weak in the 3 rounder. Also think hollow won the one rounder while pat won the 3 rounder.

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Old 09-19-2020, 07:47 AM   #37
StankDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
I agree. The one rounder btwn hollow n pat>>> thhe three rounder. I thought Hollow was excellent In the one rounder but really weak in the 3 rounder. Also think hollow won the one rounder while pat won the 3 rounder.
Bingo. Though, Hollow's interview was a cool concept - not particularly well executed even though "4-0" punchline still hit.

Pat's third won the battle.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:18 AM   #38
Ode To Street Hassle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ode To Street Hassle is not the worst person
It's Pat, but salute to doing the typing all that.

Rest of this thread a lot of
Ode To Street Hassle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221