Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Yard
Drake - U Wit Me? (Bar for Bar Breakdown)

Old 05-09-2016, 11:33 PM   #1
Punsy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Punsy is not the worst person
Drake - U Wit Me? (Bar for Bar Breakdown)

I did a Bar for Bar Breakdown of Drake's U Wit Me? From Views.
I broke the track down entirely from a technical perspective. I take a look at his flow, structure, rhyme schemes, etc.
I wanted to show aspiring artists that this shit isn't hard to do! I can't believe people think that this is the pinnacle of rap writing.
If I missed the mark on any of the bars, please let me know. I'm down to discuss our interpretations of the song.
I plan on doing more technical artists down the road. Let me know what you think.
Punsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:22 AM   #2
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Just gonna be honest, I skipped through to get an idea of how you were approaching the concept and I'm interested... I just don't give a fuck about Drake so it makes the actual video itself uninteresting to me.

I'd be really interested in seeing more of this (checked your channel for more, it seems this is your first). Do you have any more artists / tracks in mind for future videos?

Vid quality is on point, too, as a side note.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 03:46 AM   #3
Punsy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Punsy is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti View Post
Just gonna be honest, I skipped through to get an idea of how you were approaching the concept and I'm interested... I just don't give a fuck about Drake so it makes the actual video itself uninteresting to me.

I'd be really interested in seeing more of this (checked your channel for more, it seems this is your first). Do you have any more artists / tracks in mind for future videos?

Vid quality is on point, too, as a side note.
Thanks for checking it out. (or checking out parts of it.)
I honestly used Drake's song to get some views and to show newer artists that they shouldn't be intimidated by songs like this. It's not a good song in my opinion.
I have a lot more planned. Some coming breakdowns include, Royce, Chance the rapper, lupe, etc. Then I have an Iron Solomon vs Diz breakdown coming. I'll be doing some rap tips as well. Showing some of the Loaded Lux/QP word play techniques.
Do you have any suggestions for breakdowns or rap tips?
Punsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breakdown, drake, views, views from the six