Battle Premier Battles | Illmaculate vs Soul | Allstar Game

View Poll Results: Who won?
Illmac 18 90.00%
Soul 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-26-2018, 07:34 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Premier Battles | Illmaculate vs Soul | Allstar Game

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Thank you sir. Bout to peep
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:23 PM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This battle definitely shows that Soul has still got some way to go... how you gonna get outswagged by Illmac, lol.

Illmac won the first really clearly,
Soul edged him out the second,
All that multi-stacking for Soul in the third made me tune out. I genuinely almost pressed the skip 10s button, only resisting because I knew Soul would end it strong and he did. Fire final bar, the rest was meh. Illmac then comfortably took the round with the humor, swag and more natural rapping.

Clear 2:1 to Illmac.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:05 AM   #4
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Had this 3-0 Illmac very clearly

Honestly could see this battle looking like a body if I watch it enough

There wasn't a single thing Soul did in this battle better than Illmac
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:35 AM   #5
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think this is like an Illmac/Bender situation. Soul did really well, and I feel like his performance could’ve beaten anyone else, but Illmac leveled up yet again and showed why he’s considered a legend.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:54 AM   #6
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
souls not good here at all its brutal

whole first round pre vatican line was just plain old bad

audio sucks at times illmac 3-0 crowds good though

Rip ux9

Last edited by RickyProehl; 12-27-2018 at 05:58 AM.
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
audio sucks at times illmac 3-0 crowds good though
I wonder if the obvious bias towards Soul with the audio was one of the reasons this was debatable live. There are points I genuinely couldn't hear what he said. His effigy bar is particularly hard to hear.

Unfortunately for Soul when Illmac slows it down he is so much more charismatic which made Soul look really bland like Illmac claimed.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Old 12-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #8
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I wonder if the obvious bias towards Soul with the audio was one of the reasons this was debatable live. There are points I genuinely couldn't hear what he said. His effigy bar is particularly hard to hear.

Unfortunately for Soul when Illmac slows it down he is so much more charismatic which made Soul look really bland like Illmac claimed.
Yea i used to find spul bland then he won me over nh but this battle it was torture sitting through his rounds...the writing was meh also ... illmac is right that the setups to souls punches take the air out of his closers. Easy win for illmac

Rip ux9
Old 12-27-2018, 01:38 PM   #9
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Pretty solid battle. That crowd is great.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 04:44 PM   #10
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
Soul sucks ass, majorly here (edit: I don't feel bad saying this, as I typically like watching his battles) but holy fucked he was out classed...... one long ass repetitive rhyme scheme with no real content
He got washed.

Removed the extras, as I still like the guy.

Last edited by SBOfficial; 12-27-2018 at 05:03 PM.
SBOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 05:33 PM   #11
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOfficial View Post
one long ass repetitive rhyme scheme with no real content
He got washed
Yeah lol. There is a guy on Ruin Your Day trying to say how amazing his rhyme scheme was:
'missing your identity / drifted from it steadily /clinging for it desperately / this distorted entity / bitter source of emnity / twisted sort of effigy / distant thought a memory / living off his legacy'

Who writes shit like 'distorted entity', 'twisted sort of effigy' and 'source of emnity' and thinks it is tight?!? It's Soul regressing to his previous overwritten style. It's after Christmas; time to trim that flab, son!

Last edited by Emancee; 12-27-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #12
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Quote:
Yeah lol. There is a guy on Ruin Your Day trying to say how amazing his rhyme scheme was:
'missing your identity / drifted from it steadily /clinging for it desperately / this distorted entity / bitter source of emnity / twisted sort of effigy / distant thought a memory / living off his legacy'

Who writes shit like 'distorted entity', 'twisted sort of effigy' and 'source of emnity' and thinks it is tight?!? It's Soul regressing to his previous overwritten style. It's after Christmas; time to trim that flab, son!
Soul the Pseudo intellectual the fans can smell when youre trying too hard to write something profound ... at least the seasoned few can

Rip ux9
Old 12-27-2018, 06:29 PM   #13
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBOfficial View Post
Soul sucks ass, majorly here (edit: I don't feel bad saying this, as I typically like watching his battles) but holy fucked he was out classed...... one long ass repetitive rhyme scheme with no real content
He got washed.

Removed the extras, as I still like the guy.
Spot on

I like soul most of then time but he just bored the hell out of me here and lost badly

Rip ux9
Old 12-27-2018, 07:47 PM   #14
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
soul sucked vs bender and he was also not very good here. shame he didn't have the kinda material and performance here like he had vs tony d or gemini.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:40 PM   #15
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
soul wasted way too much time on the same scheme, severely limiting his ability to cover ground. people are slow to realize they're unlikely to outrap illmac and most angles are far overdone and played. just bar out the best you can with minimal personals. soul's bigger schemes were not great either, picked bad multis, bruv. his angle on greg changing who he is depending on who he's with was excellent, tho.

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:09 AM   #16
Spacelab

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
"that red light on him like Roxanne."

How has this never been said before? Awesome line
Old 12-28-2018, 04:07 AM   #17
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
Pretty solid battle. That crowd is great.
they were good in the sense they were receptive and there to have a good time. but they were fucking horrible in that early-KOTD-overreact-to-every-single-line way.

one of the most annoying things ever to me is crowds who somehow can't tell when the end of the scheme is coming and immediately go nuts for the setups. great, you just killed off their entire momentum and now they have too repeat the same 4 bars 2-3x in a row, diminishing their value.

and maybe its just me, but i fucking HATE it when they repeat the lines back with the battlers. just STFU and let the rappers rap. i can only imagine how unbelievably unbearable this crowd would be with JC rapping

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 12-28-2018, 04:20 AM   #18
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacelab View Post
"that red light on him like Roxanne."

How has this never been said before? Awesome line
This is my favorite kind of bar in battle rap. Simple, obvious, straight to the point, and not said before. Actually made me chuckle a bit when I heard it.

3-0 Illmac, but I wouldn't disagree with 2-1 if we're being generous during this holiday season.
Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:17 AM   #19
irvsykeg

those are what punchlines should be and are the opposite of the garbage forced wordplay everyone does now. the skill should be in drawing the connection between a known phrase or reference and the double meaning you're uniquely tying it to. not butchering the english language to almost pronounce a made up phrase that makes no sense.

i'm ducking undercovers like the boogiemonster comin

cave in your skull like an evil lair

blood running down your temple like a mayan sacrifice

gettin trains run on em like a damsel in distress

Old 12-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #20
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Great battle, I think Illmac just got it 2-1.

I feel like some of the problems people have with Soul is fair but made worse by the crowd gassing it and making him repeat parts before he got to the punch, it did feel a bit "multieszzss bruv" at times but he still was great all 3 imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 10:44 PM   #21
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Great battle, I think Illmac just got it 2-1.

I feel like some of the problems people have with Soul is fair but made worse by the crowd gassing it and making him repeat parts before he got to the punch, it did feel a bit "multieszzss bruv" at times but he still was great all 3 imo.
I always think everyone has one version of Soul they like and a few they can't stand. This was more 'spitting ravenous flames' Soul than 'snake emoji' Soul, so it's not surprising it turned a few guys off.

Still it wasn't Wire and Dungeons and Dragons Soul at least...
Old 12-30-2018, 06:55 PM   #22
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
Idk if soul dropped the ball or his true colors shown vs someone like illmac. pretty outclassed

wish illmac battled more
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:06 PM   #23
Tecnik

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
those are what punchlines should be and are the opposite of the garbage forced wordplay everyone does now. the skill should be in drawing the connection between a known phrase or reference and the double meaning you're uniquely tying it to. not butchering the english language to almost pronounce a made up phrase that makes no sense.

i'm ducking undercovers like the boogiemonster comin

cave in your skull like an evil lair

blood running down your temple like a mayan sacrifice

gettin trains run on em like a damsel in distress
You get it. I dunno why everyone else doesn't. Slow it down/Subtitles and anything of the like are some of the dumbest shits I've ever heard in battle rap, but for some reason people go crazy for them.

Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:35 AM   #24
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1473 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
'missing your identity / drifted from it steadily /clinging for it desperately / this distorted entity / bitter source of emnity / twisted sort of effigy / distant thought a memory / living off his legacy
all fire
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:32 AM   #25
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Illmac 2-1 clear. Lackluster production

Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:48 PM   #26
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
all fire
Half fire.. Distorted entity is this year's treacherous weasel

General rule: when your rapping includes parts that sound like a pretentious first-year university student's report on Kafka (Clearly Kafka here represents his protagonist as a distorted entity. By illustrating his source of emnity with the modern world, he masterfully morphs him into a twisted sort of effigy...) you damn sure overwrote...

Last edited by Emancee; 01-01-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:22 AM   #27
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Half fire.. Distorted entity is this year's treacherous weasel

General rule: when your rapping includes parts that sound like a pretentious first-year university student's report on Kafka (Clearly Kafka here represents his protagonist as a distorted entity. By illustrating his source of emnity with the modern world, he masterfully morphs him into a twisted sort of effigy...) you damn sure overwrote...
lol what is wrong with "distorted entity"? I don't understand

and, I mean, he overwrote when you add all that shit that isn't actually there:

Missin' your identity, drifted from it steadily
Clingin' for it desperately, to this distorted entity,
a bitter source of enmity, a twisted sort of effigy,
a distant thought, a memory just livin' off his legacy

Unnecessarily adding Kafka and somehow reading this as a timeline of events would definitely make it pretentious. It's all one description & put together really well
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 01-02-2019, 11:53 AM   #28
Emancee

Quote:
Firstly nice to hear from someone who voted for Soul. Guys shouldn't be afraid to stick up for less popular opinions here.

With that said...

In what way would Illmac be an entity or an effigy?

An entity is 'a thing with distinct and independent existence'. Perhaps he could be referring to Illmac's character as a rapper as an entity, but why would that be paired with distorted?

An effigy is an image or representation of a person often made with the intent of destroying it as an act of protest. Why is Illmac one and why is he a twisted sort of one?!?

I am rapidly going from meh to DNA-level horrible, the more I think about this.

Last edited by Emancee; 01-02-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #29
riffic
RYD ;

haha I didn't vote for Soul, Illmac won.

but this is just basic metaphorical language man:

Quote:
An entity is 'a thing with distinct and independent existence'. Perhaps he could be referring to Illmac's character as a rapper as an entity, but why would that be paired with distorted?
because he's saying the figure or general idea of Illmac in battle rap, once seen as legendary, has become distorted with time. warped. twisted (!!!). his image is no longer what it was. he's saying Illmac's fallen off and fucked up his standing in the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee
An effigy is an image or representation of a person often made with the intent of destroying it as an act of protest. Why is Illmac one and why is he a twisted sort of one?!?
an effigy is a lifeless embodiment that only represents someone, and is not actually the somebody it represents. they're not all specifically made with the intent of destroying them, that's just a popular use for them. a sculpture is an effigy. although adding the "about to be destroyed" part of the definition would only help out the metaphor.

and because Soul is speaking metaphorically and not actually calling Illmac, like, a statue, he's saying the 2018 Illmac he's battling is only a checked out, crude, twisted/distorted representation of a legendary battle rapper that doesn't exist anymore. or "a distant thought, a memory just livin' off his legacy."
Quote:
Old 01-04-2019, 12:03 PM   #30
irvsykeg

Quote:

and, I mean, he overwrote when you add all that shit that isn't actually there:

Missin' your identity, drifted from it steadily
Clingin' for it desperately, to this distorted entity,
a bitter source of enmity, a twisted sort of effigy,
a distant thought, a memory just livin' off his legacy

Unnecessarily adding Kafka and somehow reading this as a timeline of events would definitely make it pretentious. It's all one description & put together really well
that shit is not good at all

Old 01-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #31
irvsykeg

he wasted 4 bars cramming bleh multis together with a rhyme scheme that lends itself to like a million different options. that is not impressive. a big chunk of them are like the exact same structure which is not good either.

bunch of filler rhymes to attack an angle that doesn't even make sense lol

illmac has been crushing fools steadily for the last few years and putting out sick music, the whole "living off his legacy" shit is played and doesn't even make sense. it was dope when pete brought it up cuz dude wasn't doin so hot

plus he did it in funny/creative ways

soul ate up so much time doing stupid shit like that. woulda had a better shot at winning if he spread out a bit more

Old 01-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #32
irvsykeg

shit sounds like mad libs

Old 01-04-2019, 04:09 PM   #33
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
Quote:
Who writes shit like 'distorted entity', 'twisted sort of effigy' and 'source of emnity' and thinks it is tight?!?

Old 01-05-2019, 04:28 PM   #34
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 416 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
soul is a talented writer but what you posted is super pretentious

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:44 PM   #35
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
lmao nope

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:50 PM   #36
Lizman

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
I think this is like an Illmac/Bender situation. Soul did really well, and I feel like his performance could’ve beaten anyone else, but Illmac leveled up yet again and showed why he’s considered a legend.
Levelled Up?
Old 01-06-2019, 04:52 PM   #37
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizman View Post
Levelled Up?
Basically progressing to the next level of stats and abilities, since he was extremely on point in the approaches he took against Soul.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:24 PM   #38
irvsykeg

Old 01-07-2019, 06:43 PM   #39
Aftershock
VIP

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Aftershock is not the worst person
Great battle, I had Illmac edging it in the end tho
Aftershock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:25 PM   #40
Lizman

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Lizman User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Basically progressing to the next level of stats and abilities, since he was extremely on point in the approaches he took against Soul.
I Understand What Levelling Up Means.
I Was Wondering Whether You Meant That He Levelled Up Specifically For This Battle Or Was On A Steady Incline?

Tags