Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2019, 01:52 AM   #41
nixstix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
nixstix has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
lmao nope
holy shit you're so cool "nope" hahaha fucking owned these stupid lame crackers, guy with 10k posts on a forum!
nixstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:23 AM   #42
iamHBY

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizman View Post
I Understand What Levelling Up Means.
I Was Wondering Whether You Meant That He Levelled Up Specifically For This Battle Or Was On A Steady Incline?
Oh....yeah, I think Illmac specifically leveled up for this battle, as far as making his material extra potent, similar to what he did against Real Deal.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:52 AM   #43
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesStankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Firstly nice to hear from someone who voted for Soul. Guys shouldn't be afraid to stick up for less popular opinions here.

With that said...

In what way would Illmac be an entity or an effigy?

An entity is 'a thing with distinct and independent existence'. Perhaps he could be referring to Illmac's character as a rapper as an entity, but why would that be paired with distorted?

An effigy is an image or representation of a person often made with the intent of destroying it as an act of protest. Why is Illmac one and why is he a twisted sort of one?!?

I am rapidly going from meh to DNA-level horrible, the more I think about this.
You're not this thick. You answered your own first query. Illmac is an entity in about four ways when he's rapping.

Illmac as a representation of old washed up rappers riding legacy through coasted battles. That's an effigy - its, yknow, a metaphor.

For fucks sake, i leave for a few months and everyone reverts to third grade.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #44
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
You're not this thick. You answered your own first query. Illmac is an entity in about four ways when he's rappin.
Call me thick?!? Well, you're just a distorted entiy. Yeah, I said it. Distorted...entity... Come at me bro! Want more you bitter source of enmity? Huh! Can't believe you made me say it, but you're a twisted sort of effigy...

All these attempts to convince me that that shit isn't trash and forced rhymes are just convincing me more. Let's move on
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...

Last edited by Emancee; 01-09-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #45
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Call me thick?!? Well, you're just a distorted entiy. Yeah, I said it. Distorted...entity... Come at me bro! Want more you bitter source of enmity? Huh! Can't believe you made me say it, but you're a twisted sort of effigy...

All these attempts to convince me that that shit isn't trash and forced rhymes are just convincing me more. Let's move on
lol maan, I don't think anyone is trying to convince you that it isn't trash, people are responding to you specifically because you're spouting nonsensical rubbish, especially this post.

For the record I didn't like that scheme that much either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #46
Briscoe

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Briscoe is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
lol maan, I don't think anyone is trying to convince you that it isn't trash, people are responding to you specifically because you're spouting nonsensical rubbish, especially this post.

For the record I didn't like that scheme that much either.
lol forreal, dude pops up every Soul battle and goes to great lengths to tell us all even if Soul was underwhelming by his standards he was actually still worse than we all think.

Illmac won and it was a really good battle. It's ok.
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:50 PM   #47
StankDaddy

StankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesStankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Quote:

You're ignoring the reality of the English Language to defend and indefensible opinion.

You might not like the lines, but you're objectively wrong about their 'sense' and meaning. You have to be thick to post definitions and then deny their presence.

Also, i have never, ever understood why its somehow a bad thing to use an extensive vocabulary in rap. Is it that hip hop fans pride themselves on being dumb? Not open to growth? They actually think its pretentious to strive for clarity and expedience in language?

Fucking bonkers.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:55 PM   #48
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1473 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Illmac not qualifying as an entity is one of the funnier things I've read on here in a while lol

How is Illmac SOMETHING THAT EXISTS???
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:29 AM   #49
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briscoe View Post
lol forreal, dude pops up every Soul battle
Eh? Even in this battle, the posts right after me say it is a body to Illmac, Soul 'sucks ass' and a 3:0 to Illmac, I on the other hand said it was somewhat debatable and I'm the one hating?!?

While I'll admit that I don't think Soul is as good as most on this forum, that is getting ridiculously carried away. One of the problem with guys like Soul is that because they have a reputation as great writers, any kind of questioning of their ability is considered unacceptable.

My comments on his last 3 battles incidentally:
Soul vs Bobby Rex: "Yeah another meh-but-with-a-couple-of-decent-bars performance from Rex meeting a solid Soul. Soul with a borderline body bag here."

Soul vs Matter: "Soul destroyed him in the first. Matter got the second by a little. Neither was very good in the third, but Soul's middling is simply better than Matter's middling especially as Matter tried to bar out which will never get you anywhere with Soul."

Soul vs Tony D: "For the record this Soul is far better. The bar you quoted actually feels like a physical punch when I heard it."

Pretty fair, no?
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Old 01-10-2019, 04:36 AM   #50
Emancee

Quote:
Also, i have never, ever understood why its somehow a bad thing to use an extensive vocabulary in rap. Is it that hip hop fans pride themselves on being dumb? Not open to growth? They actually think its pretentious to strive for clarity and expedience in language?
I see what you're saying with this post. I wouldn't argue that any of these words are particularly advanced and most battle rap fans would understand their meanings. My argument would be that 'if there is a more effective way to say something, it should be said that way." I don't think fans 'pride themselves on being dumb', more than the rapper has to communicate effectively without forcing things to fit a scheme which IMO Soul does here (My dislike of this scheme doesn't take away from his performance elsewhere BTW). It's one of the reasons why Biggie is considered such a legend as things like 'either you sell crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot' says so much in an efficient, clean way.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:36 AM   #51
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
Illmac not qualifying as an entity is one of the funnier things I've read on here in a while lol

How is Illmac SOMETHING THAT EXISTS???
Yeah, but if someone said 'describe Illmac' would you use the word he's an 'entity'? Probably not, right? It would be far down on your list of descriptive nouns, right? Would you then pair that with distorted? No, right? That's my point.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:05 AM   #52
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1473 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Yeah, but if someone said 'describe Illmac' would you use the word he's an 'entity'? Probably not, right? It would be far down on your list of descriptive nouns, right? Would you then pair that with distorted? No, right? That's my point.
Good thing he was writing a complex, creative verse about Illmac and not free associating nouns
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:15 AM   #53
Emancee

Quote:
You're ignoring the reality of the English Language to defend and indefensible opinion.

You might not like the lines, but you're objectively wrong about their 'sense' and meaning. You have to be thick to post definitions and then deny their presence.
Another interesting point (What's up with the playground insults though, lol?). I think that shit like 'twisted source of emnity' makes sense in exactly the same way that 'spitting ravenous flames' does. Sure it has 'meaning', but does it really say anything much... not really?
Old 01-10-2019, 06:16 AM   #54
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
a complex, creative verse about Illmac and not free associating nouns
Wow, we are really not going to be able to eye on this one...
Old 01-10-2019, 07:46 AM   #55
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Good battle.

I wasn't feeling Soul until the 3rd round. It seemed like he was in fan mode until then. In his third his energy changed for the better. He went from a fan to a competitor.

Soul you dont need to do extra, but please stop laughing, smiling giving thumbs up/giving props during your opponents rounds. That shit was bad. Your third was fire. If you keep that passion in every round you will always win.

You looked mad jovial until that third. You need to cut that shit out.

Illmac was nice. Illmac 2-1 clear.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:12 AM   #56
StankDaddy

Quote:
Another interesting point (What's up with the playground insults though, lol?). I think that shit like 'twisted source of emnity' makes sense in exactly the same way that 'spitting ravenous flames' does. Sure it has 'meaning', but does it really say anything much... not really?
Well, no. This i can probably agree with. But at the same time what does most of this shit mean? Even creative stuff tends to use existing turns of phrase effectively rather than being genuinely creative.

I don't enjoy emnity so projecting on someone is just as good as telling them tney're a shit person in some other way - which is most of battle rap.

Tags