Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Mix Tape Bars

Old 01-03-2019, 06:05 PM   #1
Profess
Clean your room

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Mix Tape Bars

Is saying Mook invented spitting mix-tape bars revisionist history?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:33 PM   #2
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Is saying Mook invented spitting mix-tape bars revisionist history?
Eminem was the king of winning battles with mix tape bars, lol. Like half his Scribble Jam are off SSEP
Saloon doors/ swinging, Michael Vick/ dogs, This is Charron, Unironic kids movie gun bars, Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number, You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT, Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats, wearing bad clothes choices on the hope that your opponent will mention it and you can rebuttal it.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #3
Profess
Clean your room

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Eminem was the king of winning battles with mix tape bars, lol. Like half his Scribble Jam are off SSEP
The real off the top freestyle always seemed like a west coast inspired thing to me. I posted this because when I heard it on the FunkFlex CD it was the first "freestyle battle" that I really got into. But the wax battle with snoop and dre vs Easy E was the first battle.. on wax I enjoyed. I'm gonna stick with that now
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:38 AM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
The real off the top freestyle always seemed like a west coast inspired thing to me. I posted this because when I heard it on the FunkFlex CD it was the first "freestyle battle" that I really got into. But the wax battle with snoop and dre vs Easy E was the first battle.. on wax I enjoyed. I'm gonna stick with that now
Yeah some of that was really dope. Eazy E was also arguably the first to make a diss album with 187um.

The NWA vs Ice Cube was also pretty dope too. No Vaseline was hilarious and all that Uncle Tom stuff from the remaining members had me rolling back in the days.
Saloon doors/ swinging, Michael Vick/ dogs, This is Charron, Unironic kids movie gun bars, Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number, You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT, Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats, wearing bad clothes choices on the hope that your opponent will mention it and you can rebuttal it.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote