Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Denver URL Proving Grounds Review

Old 10-13-2016, 07:28 AM   #1
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 285 Post(s)
TheRealDetour is not the worst person
Denver URL Proving Grounds Review

TED vs illimit.. they both choked, TED was cooking when he was on, illimit had some shit too.. but this will probably join cortez in the vault lol.. both ate extremely talented tho and I wouldn't be surprised to see illimit getting a KOTD call an TED getting another shot at the PGs..

kapitol vs pharaohe.. pharaohe left earth the first round, for real.. but kapitol - who is on #DubTreys btw - went bananas in the second.. third was close but pharaohe wasn't fuckin with the squad.. 2-1 kapitol.. kap may be the next up from the west tbh..

s youngin vs pollo.. pollo no showed smh wtf bro..

j money vs automatic ray.. this was dope.. ray had a couple slip ups early but his third was phenomenal.. j money 2-1, but his third round was on some super deep political shit.. if you down with the message you'd probably give it to money.. I'm only giving it to ray cuz we just put him on dub treys lol seriously tho he snapped that third.. dude got a good voice for live performance..

poetik genius vs gwitty - didn't get to see this cuz my girl was sick, like flu sick not drunk sick lol, had to get her home.. but I heard PG went left on dude.. I also heard gwitty was nice but everybody there was saying 2-1 poetik..

detour vs the real ace.. he's got great protection, but my delivery was butter.. changed it up a LOT since I last battled, a lot smoother an more calm now, much better flow imo.. most heads called it 2-1 me.. I was told I saved CO after the choking in that first battle (we went second) an the general consensus is that I'm better than ever an I snapped all three rounds.. the real ace is nice, an he stepped up his pen game for this one, but I went TF in lol..

end result? everyone on dub treys won an everyone on dub treys is gettin their shit dropped an everyone on dub treys will be back on the URL ain.. CO showed TF out..

#DubTreys #BoxState #TheBearJewIsBack #FollowTheDetour

It takes some skill to engage haters and keep shit going like he did. In truth he made a fool of Thesaurus in an earlier thread.
www.youtube.com/dubtreys
TheRealDetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:53 AM   #2
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealDetour View Post
an the general consensus is that I'm better than ever an I snapped all three rounds
Schwarzer_Negger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:45 AM   #3
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
is TF an acronym now? tenuously funky?

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:10 AM   #4
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
detour vs the real ace.. he's got great protection, but my delivery was butter.. changed it up a LOT since I last battled, a lot smoother an more calm now, much better flow imo.. most heads called it 2-1 me.. I was told I saved CO after the choking in that first battle (we went second) an the general consensus is that I'm better than ever an I snapped all three rounds.. the real ace is nice, an he stepped up his pen game for this one, but I went TF in lol..
now i know u aint just write a whole bunch of half-ass reviews on pg battles just to gas yourself against someone none of us have ever heard of in the first place

please tell me u aint just write a whole bunch of half-ass reviews on pg battles just to gas yourself against someone none of us have ever heard of in the first place

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:26 PM   #5
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Must suck to have to review your own PG battle cause no one else gives a fuck. Not peeping any of these lol.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #6
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Rmbva.... The home of support... Tfoh
Old 10-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #7
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
damn, Detour saved Colorado rap with his battle ?! you're lit
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #8
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Has any battle rap crew made as many moves as Dub Treys?
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:22 PM   #9
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
What was going thru your mind when Ted chocked?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:01 PM   #10
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bar gwitty and ray i dont know any of these people...
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:39 PM   #11
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
i'd love to make it out to a denver event if im ever in town for one
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 07:49 PM   #12
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Wait so detour is gonna be on URL ?
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #13
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Shout out to Colorado! Shout out to my family in Las Animas and Pueblo!
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:05 PM   #14
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Shit that's a great look. To keep it funky, Detour was never trash, so if he actually went to the lab with his style he might be pretty dope.

I'll peep these for sure and give my honest opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:50 PM   #15
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
Beers, Battles, and Broncos with Avocado
JC
All Day is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:00 AM   #16
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
now i know u aint just write a whole bunch of half-ass reviews on pg battles just to gas yourself against someone none of us have ever heard of in the first place

please tell me u aint just write a whole bunch of half-ass reviews on pg battles just to gas yourself against someone none of us have ever heard of in the first place
hmmmm I said Ted was cooking an should be back again, I said illy was nice enough that he's probably going the KOTD route, I said j money went in an won an automatic was phenomenal, I said kapitol absolutely snapped an that pharoah was mad nice an left earth.. how did I hoe everyone else an up myself? I also said my opponent went in an had awesome projection an whatnot.. you tripping bruh

It takes some skill to engage haters and keep shit going like he did. In truth he made a fool of Thesaurus in an earlier thread.
www.youtube.com/dubtreys
Old 10-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #17
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
We would love to have you out bro, real shit @AVOCADO

www.youtube.com/dubtreys

Last edited by TheRealDetour; 10-15-2016 at 11:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:05 AM   #18
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceAintRight View Post
Shit that's a great look. To keep it funky, Detour was never trash, so if he actually went to the lab with his style he might be pretty dope.

I'll peep these for sure and give my honest opinion.
Thank you fam.. I honestly felt that I maxed out what I could do with my old delivery against dizaster.. as epic as that was, that wasn't main stage url vs clips nice, not close.. so I knew I had to go a new route.. I got no showed ten times, but that was ten battles I totally rehearsed for an practiced this new style.. the only thing I really needed to figure out was exactly how loud I need to be to reach the majority of the room clearly.. I need to add another 3-4 dB to be just right, but it'll look clean on tape I think an it worked well live.. thanks for the acknowledgement my dude, salute,.

www.youtube.com/dubtreys
Old 10-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #19
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
What was going thru your mind when Ted chocked?
That it was a shame cuz he was straight snapping aside from the slip ups.. like for real..

www.youtube.com/dubtreys
Old 10-15-2016, 11:24 AM   #20
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
You detour give us a taste of your bars so we can judge if you really snapped
Schwarzer_Negger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #21
Stolos

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Stolos is not the worst person
I will personally PayPal you $20 if your battle comes out on the URL channel
Stolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:51 PM   #22
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzer_Negger View Post
You detour give us a taste of your bars so we can judge if you really snapped
lol I somehow think you're being sarcastic but word lmao

boy I told you the dope is back, the throne of rap? give up all hope for that
you dying in the belly of the same beast where God left Jonah trapped
I own the map, that's legend shit, no better gift, clever wit, my flow is crack, I'd throw a jab
but if it's beef he'd rather take the high road like an overpass
you know it's fact.. get smoked so fast dog's soul gon hit the crossroads with his bones attached
this flow was crafted to take money past his limits, no overdraft
back broke in half, you think the kid just a scared huerro get choked for that
and catch a 'back hand to the grill' like jared leto's joker tat

www.youtube.com/dubtreys
Old 10-16-2016, 01:57 AM   #23
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
That it was a shame cuz he was straight snapping aside from the slip ups.. like for real..
It's hard to get amped for a battle when you never heard of the guys in it, but glad to hear there were some good spots.

Def looking forward to checking yours when it drops
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:14 AM   #24
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

appreciate that.. an there's some huge talent out there..

www.youtube.com/dubtreys

Tags
boxstate, dubtreys, followthedetour, jew yogi?, thebearjewisback