Old 04-05-2014, 01:04 AM   #41
ChillaJones
VIP

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
ChillaJones is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
also would you battle bliss creed?
Bliss is dope. There's a long line of people i'd like to take before him though, like Lottazay, Pass, Danny Myerz, Illmaculate, 100 Bulletz, Ty Law etc. But I like Bliss.

As far as PG cats i'd battle... it'd be Danny or Ty. Maybe even Prez after the showing I just saw on UFF. Him and Ty made me throw my laptop against the wall, thats why it took me so long to get in here lol
ChillaJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:04 AM   #42
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
People have mentioned that sometimes the schemes can be difficult to follow on one, two, or even three watches. How much do you think about the audience for a scheme, both home and on cam? It's obvious you've switched it up at times; when do you feel this has worked the best, and where do you see it as having not worked? Do you feel confident enough in your writing at this point to know what kind of material audiences will or won't get?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:06 AM   #43
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Ayo Chilla when u hitting that URL stage again?

U had 3 classics before the dna battle!

JC,b magic and m ciddy.

KOTD is kinda ehhh...

URL>>
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #44
ChillaJones
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
People have mentioned that sometimes the schemes can be difficult to follow on one, two, or even three watches. How much do you think about the audience for a scheme, both home and on cam? It's obvious you've switched it up at times; when do you feel this has worked the best, and where do you see it as having not worked? Do you feel confident enough in your writing at this point to know what kind of material audiences will or won't get?
You know, I build my schemes so that 99/100 times, you wont catch everything on 1 listen. People tweet me all the time like "your not as smart as you think I got that entire scheme on one watch you lost the round", and then i'll challenge them to give me every single wordplay in the scheme, and they'll be missing 4. Then I tell them the gems that snuck by and they are stuck on stupid lol...
Honestly, I used to think of the audience alot less in my Magic/DNA days. I just thought "this will be great for youtube" and that was that. Nowadays, I'm trying to win battles live. It doesn't mean dumbing down my schemes, but it means delivering them in a way where you can pick up on wordplay more the first time, and instead of me sneaking wordplay by you with how subtly its setup, I have to sneak it by with how it's subtly its said audibly. I'm slowly mastering this and I think did a good job with Deadman with that.
If I could rewrite my DNA rounds man, I would lol... just too much material for 1900 people who want to hear quick to the punch bars. Those rounds in a setting like me vs mciddy/jc? Wouldve been hard for ANYONE to beat. Those are the two battles i feel it worked best. smaller room settings with energetic hungry crowds.
As far as my writing, I actually am learning how to tailor my material to certain leagues. In actuality, I feel as if I should be MORE complex on KOTD than URL, because I feel they are more patient and open to listening. But, KOTD is just such a solid, awesome crowd that, as long as you do your thing, whether complex, funny, serious, simple.... they will enjoy you. And thats great for the sport. Not a knock on URL or it's crowd at all, but on that stage standards are much higher and your on a clock of delivering material they like before the boo's rain down.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #45
ChillaJones
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Ayo Chilla when u hitting that URL stage again?

U had 3 classics before the dna battle!

JC,b magic and m ciddy.

KOTD is kinda ehhh...

URL>>
I thought I was in line to battle Lottazay coming up but... I haven't heard from URL. So I'm not sure homie. I'm ready when they are. Could be as soon as May or June, could be later this year. I will definitely keep you all posted on my return on URL though
Old 04-05-2014, 01:17 AM   #46
ChillaJones
VIP

I'm gonna get out of here in another 15 minutes so any last questions y'all got for me, fire away!

Thanks again for having me yall
Old 04-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #47
Mark Doubt

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Mark Doubt is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillaJones View Post
Salute homie! Daylyt @ Vendetta 2. Charlie Clips rematch should be sometime in May. And then I have an opponent lined up for BOLA I'm waiting on the green light for.

The battle I actually want more than any other battle at this very moment is...Conceited. Yung Ill, X Factor and Big T are also on my personal hitlist but alot of those guys will duck me for life, even though I am considered one of the best battle rap writers alive. That's cool. I never needed other big names to make my name and I still don't. I'm gonna give yall classics with the battlers you guys want to see me in the ring with and we gonna keep the quality battles coming.
Thanks for the response. Can't wait to see you back in the ring. As far as the top tiers runnin and duckin...let them. A lot of them are on a slump and haven't been performing or holding their weight. Keep doin you my dude.
Mark Doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:20 AM   #48
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
GET that nigga Daylyt tf otta here chilla!
Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:21 AM   #49
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Man, Chilla, you're killing it with these answers. Real talk.

Any plans to battle in Canada sometime soon? Can you battle in Canada?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:24 AM   #50
ChillaJones
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
GET that nigga Daylyt tf otta here chilla!
Daylyt is my homie... I dont expect anything too overboard on the antic side of things. But, if there is no gimmock.... and he comes all 3 rounds with bars....

I promise you all, I'm going to bar his fucking face off.

*Jumps back in humble mode*
Old 04-05-2014, 01:25 AM   #51
DJQuotes

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
DJQuotes is not the worst person
Quote:
Wow man I appreciate that big time homie. Be sure to check out the website www.chillajones.com for exclusive blogs and videos, nice merchandise and I'm also about to start doing Q&A's like these over there monthly. Salute to you!
Good looks..website's dope..I'ma definitely stay tuned..
DJQuotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:27 AM   #52
ChillaJones
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Man, Chilla, you're killing it with these answers. Real talk.

Any plans to battle in Canada sometime soon? Can you battle in Canada?
I'm sure i'm not one of the battlers you'd think has legal issues getting across the border but... yup. I am. Luckily, I've been working the past 2 years to get that all cleared up and you SHOULD see my TORONTO debut at this summer's World Domination against one of the UK's best! So to answer your question...an emphatic YES
Old 04-05-2014, 01:28 AM   #53
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Quote:
I'm sure i'm not one of the battlers you'd think has legal issues getting across the border but... yup. I am. Luckily, I've been working the past 2 years to get that all cleared up and you SHOULD see my TORONTO debut at this summer's World Domination against one of the UK's best! So to answer your question...an emphatic YES
soul, shotty or mickey worthless???
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:31 AM   #54
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
You against JC is my favorite battle to rewatch. While it was happening, did you realize a classic was brewing?
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:32 AM   #55
ChillaJones
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
soul, shotty or mickey worthless???
If i have my way, one of those names will be it.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:33 AM   #56
Dank Schrader
Something whitty

Mentioned: 962 Post(s)
Dank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICEDank Schrader is NICE
Quote:
If i have my way, one of those names will be it.
id love to see you verse soul, or to see organik waste all that money on a flight for mickey haha
MY WINRAR ISN'T LICENSED
Dank Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:34 AM   #57
DJQuotes

In your battle with The Deadman, there was a great scheme you did with nationalities, but the audio got shaky at one part and I couldn't understand what you said...

"...Any guy in these (Guyanese) battles test Jones scheme, knife his throat, the threats you’re makin (Jamaican) ________________ is really (Israeli) weak..."

Do you remember what you said there? It sounded something like "_____ tied (Thai) with rope," but I couldn't figure it out.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:35 AM   #58
ChillaJones
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
You against JC is my favorite battle to rewatch. While it was happening, did you realize a classic was brewing?
Honestly..... NO. Lol. I was in the heat of the moment man I knew that we were swinging left and right and connecting with every punch and scheme but sheesh. When I watched it on cam.... it gave me goosebumps. I think I watched it 6 times consecutively the first night it dropped... all the way through. Which is weird because, I dont watch myself more than twice consecutively... ever, I like for it to feel new everytime I watch one of my battles so I usually let a week or two pass between views but.. that battle I can watch 3 times in a row right now, and STILL get goosebumps. Cant wait to hit a million.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:36 AM   #59
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1284 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Chilla! What's up bro

Welcome to RMBVA!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:38 AM   #60
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Honestly..... NO. Lol. I was in the heat of the moment man I knew that we were swinging left and right and connecting with every punch and scheme but sheesh. When I watched it on cam.... it gave me goosebumps. I think I watched it 6 times consecutively the first night it dropped... all the way through. Which is weird because, I dont watch myself more than twice consecutively... ever, I like for it to feel new everytime I watch one of my battles so I usually let a week or two pass between views but.. that battle I can watch 3 times in a row right now, and STILL get goosebumps. Cant wait to hit a million.
That's awesome. Thanks for the response homie. Looking forward to your next battle.
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:39 AM   #61
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Chilla, I'm from MA and been watching for a while now, and for years there was never even a half decent Boston battler to be totally biased for. thanks for putting the city on the map
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:41 AM   #62
ChillaJones
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuotes View Post
In your battle with The Deadman, there was a great scheme you did with nationalities, but the audio got shaky at one part and I couldn't understand what you said...

"...Any guy in these (Guyanese) battles test Jones scheme, knife his throat, the threats you’re makin (Jamaican) ________________ is really (Israeli) weak..."

Do you remember what you said there? It sounded something like "_____ tied (Thai) with rope," but I couldn't figure it out.
I'll give you the whole thing:

We all see (AUSSIE) that you rushin to finish (RUSSIAN TO FINNISH), we hearin it too,
I told your men (GERMAN) pardon my FRENCH or I'm airin the tool,
With a ray bein (ARABIAN) my weapon I'm curryin (KOREAN) whoever here in his crew,
Cuz in the end (INDIAN), it reflects back on him, that's what being a mirror can (AMERICAN) do,
Verse Pete (Thesaurus), you spit filler P know (FILIPINO) you ain't hype with quotes,
Any guy in these (GUYANESE) battles test jones we'd (SWEDE) knife his throat,
The threat ya makin (JAMAICAN) to have me laid out, tied (THAI) in rope,
Is really (ISRAELI) weak you lookin like a DUTCH it's bout time to smoke,
But you a tally in (ITALIAN) my wins... cuz I punch till my hands hurt,
And Chilla's got ish (SCOTTISH) to get you KILT like a MANSKIRT...

In writing some of it seems forced, but when it's being delivered uptempo and paced, you can put it together better.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:43 AM   #63
ChillaJones
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
Chilla! What's up bro

Welcome to RMBVA!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Thanks Eric! Glad to be here bro
Old 04-05-2014, 01:44 AM   #64
ChillaJones
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
Chilla, I'm from MA and been watching for a while now, and for years there was never even a half decent Boston battler to be totally biased for. thanks for putting the city on the map
Thanks for supporting homie we got a cypher going down in Allston April 13th from 2-5 at the Mass Apparel clothing store. Not sure if i'll be spittin myself, but I'm hosting. Come kick it!

BOSSTOWN!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:45 AM   #65
ChillaJones
VIP

It's been real y'all, I'm bout to go grab some late dinner and get back to writing Daylyt's eulogy. If y'all leave some interesting questions here, ill revisit this weekend and answer a few more. Appreciate all the love and support yall!!
Old 04-05-2014, 01:47 AM   #66
DJQuotes

Quote:
I'll give you the whole thing:

We all see (AUSSIE) that you rushin to finish (RUSSIAN TO FINNISH), we hearin it too,
I told your men (GERMAN) pardon my FRENCH or I'm airin the tool,
With a ray bein (ARABIAN) my weapon I'm curryin (KOREAN) whoever here in his crew,
Cuz in the end (INDIAN), it reflects back on him, that's what being a mirror can (AMERICAN) do,
Verse Pete (Thesaurus), you spit filler P know (FILIPINO) you ain't hype with quotes,
Any guy in these (GUYANESE) battles test jones we'd (SWEDE) knife his throat,
The threat ya makin (JAMAICAN) to have me laid out, tied (THAI) in rope,
Is really (ISRAELI) weak you lookin like a DUTCH it's bout time to smoke,
But you a tally in (ITALIAN) my wins... cuz I punch till my hands hurt,
And Chilla's got ish (SCOTTISH) to get you KILT like a MANSKIRT...

In writing some of it seems forced, but when it's being delivered uptempo and paced, you can put it together better.
Nice! I missed the Swede part too. Yo, much respect for coming on here. You're by far one of the most humble dudes battling and a real student of the game so it's especially interesting reading your insight on battle rap.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:58 AM   #67
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
a battler that appreciates his fans? damn
verry good Q&A
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:55 AM   #68
Throwback Mike
I'M NOT PAT STAY

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Throwback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThrowback Mike is better than Grind Time Antarctica
GOAT Q&A. Chilla >>>
Throwback Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:51 AM   #69
Lucas
Unplugged

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Lucas probably likes in here/hair word play
Are there any battles where you think you lost? @ChillaJones
Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:55 AM   #70
Ill Magic
Harlem Hospital Doctor

Mentioned: 137 Post(s)
Ill Magic is a PY Poster
How did you approach your battle with DNA?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #71
Andre Rand
Pied Piper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Andre Rand is a PY Poster
i saw you RUSSIAN to the bathroom now EUROPEAN
Andre Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:59 AM   #72
Andre Rand
Pied Piper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Andre Rand is a PY Poster
you MUSTARD im HOT DOG you better KETCHUP
Andre Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #73
el gordo
part time head turner..

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
el gordo is not the worst person
@ChillaJones did you purposely consolidate your schemes for deadman? You shit was so impactful like that. I got to see you live at botb6 .. you killed it. You can even catch me in the back of the vid screwfaced like a mother fucked haha.

w/e
el gordo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #74
phoenix

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
phoenix is not the worst person
@ChillaJones

Are there any plans on battling in don't flop?
phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 07:26 PM   #75
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
@ChillaJones

This was a great Q&A. If you happen to come back and answer a few more questions, there's something that has been bugging me for a while now. In your battle against magic....I was following along the entire battle. But then at the end, you forgot what you wanted to say. The suspense has been killing me ever since. What were you going to say but couldn't remember?
Sky2real is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #76
WassPoppinB
Banned

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
Quote:
The Chilla Cosign goes to Hazey and Cityy Towerz from CT, and Nuff Said who is actually Danja Zone's brother. Check those guys out!

My style in my opinion is what would happen if the old lux and the old mook who battled merged. I imagine Mook's "Wanna be a hero scheme" and that type of creativity with Lux unorthodox penmanship and lyricism. I don't have the charisma they have though lol... Getting there though.

Battle Rap Mt. Rushmore... Rex, Lux, Mook, Arsonal... man, picking a 5th is tough. Could be Serius. Could be Jin. Could even be Verb. Rex is the GOAT IMO. Lux is the GOAT lyricist in battlerap. Mook is a hands down legend. Arsonal is the most viewed ever. Not sure who I would put 5th honestly though man. Could I put SMACK?

And I am humble as hell lol... Sometimes to some I dont come off humble on Twitter or anywhere... I mean, depends how you interact with me too. But, I am thankful for each and every fan, supporter and hater. Seriously. Without yall, who the fuck am I? If you dont know nothing just know this one thing. Every mention, every comment, every view, every bit of time yall dedicate to supporting my craft in any way, I appreciate that shit 1000%.

Damn i wanna know how people around here feel about that,One of the smartest battle rappers sayin REX is the GOAT what yall goofy niggas who say Rex is wack got to say now??

#Easy #DotMobBitch
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #77
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by WassPoppinB View Post
Damn i wanna know how people around here feel about that,One of the smartest battle rappers sayin REX is the GOAT what yall goofy niggas who say Rex is wack got to say now??

#Easy #DotMobBitch
Chilla is a sound individual
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:29 PM   #78
ChillaJones
VIP

I'll have to do another one of these soon
Old 05-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #79
Rusty Shackleford

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Rusty Shackleford is not the worst person
Quote:
Daylyt is my homie... I dont expect anything too overboard on the antic side of things. But, if there is no gimmock.... and he comes all 3 rounds with bars....

I promise you all, I'm going to bar his fucking face off.

*Jumps back in humble mode*
Battle lived up to this promise, sheesh

The Deadman battle is still one of your best showings imo, especially as far as punching goes
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:31 AM   #80
ChillaJones
VIP

I agree, that was right after DNA so I had a chip on my shoulder performance wise I think it shines through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Battle lived up to this promise, sheesh

The Deadman battle is still one of your best showings imo, especially as far as punching goes

Tags
8217, dotmobbitch, easy