Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So the Virus PPV is being done by Film On Tv ???

Old 10-31-2015, 08:47 PM   #81
walk with me

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
walk with me is not the worst person
questions I have

1. who has a synopsis of this event?
2. what's the beef with filmon?
3. Did this event fall apart during the malcolm x vs KKK member battle?
4. is it likely we end up seeing these battles?

From the clips I saw on battlerap.com instagram or whoever it is I follow.... I was expecting more story driven punchlines. Like dudes actually doing research on the characters they play and breaking their opponent down like that. Bill collector verses sounded like regular bill collector but I guess I have to see the entire event to judge
walk with me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:48 PM   #82
Stolos

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Stolos is not the worst person
Everyone bitching about FilmOn when you should really be pissed at Lush and/or Diz tbh
Stolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:49 PM   #83
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolos View Post
Everyone bitching about FilmOn when you should really be pissed at Lush and/or Diz tbh

yuppppppppppp
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:11 PM   #84
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Lmao avocado

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 10:33 PM   #85
bobbylight

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
bobbylight is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
He was also going to pay someone to commit suicide on live stream.
Seems like a good plan.
bobbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:20 PM   #86
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukallday View Post
Alki david has a history of trying to make money off niche interests and fucking the particpents over. Half the battlers from the last event didn't get paid and Lush had to sort it out of his own pocket. He has also held online gaming competitions where the people never got their money. He was also going to pay someone to commit suicide on live stream.
He also farts in microphones

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/6477...ode_loper.html
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:31 PM   #87
ux9 u so fine

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
Gotta admit that was fooken dope^
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:44 PM   #88
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1187 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
You're a lame ^
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:57 PM   #89
Anti
Mr. Articulate

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Anti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time AntarcticaAnti is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
You're a lame ^
You're a hero. I don't know the half of what's going on atm, but if it keeps FilmOn's clammy paws out of the culture I'm all for it.

I mean worst comes to worst, there could always be a bootlegging tragedy.
Anti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:57 PM   #90
King Nut
Where my nutdogs at?

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
King Nut is not the worst person
You're one of my nutdogs ^
King Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:58 PM   #91
King Nut
Where my nutdogs at?

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
King Nut is not the worst person
goddamnit
King Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:51 AM   #92
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Someone needs to explain why Filmon is catching so much hate for THIS. Like, they didnt unveil a KKK vs Malcolm X battle at the last minute, the big relevation was that they were gonna host the PPV.

I get that there are some bad feelings with Avo and Filmon etc, but surely they haven't done anything bad this time, just got involved. If their involvement was hidden, thats 100% on Lush and/or Diz, and maybe it's easier to be publicly mad at Filmon instead of calling out those two.

Either way, im not going to judge the reaction of people like Avo and Bagnell as they hardly make a big deal out of nothing, it's just a bit weird to me unless there is more info to unfold.
Schwarzer_Negger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:56 AM   #93
Schwarzer_Negger

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Schwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time AustraliaSchwarzer_Negger is better than Grind Time Australia
Also, I'm not sure about shooting someone with a paintball vs blackface, which is worse and more of a fuckery antic. But I'm pretty sure that dressing up as a KKK member is worse that dressing up in blackface, surely? I mean blackface has a bit stigma at Halloween because silly white people do it without realising what it signifies and that its offensive. People dont dress up as KKK as it's quite obvious what it means. So I dont think it's fair to say Caddy took it too far, If anything it was too far before the battle even started.
Schwarzer_Negger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:11 AM   #94
ux9 u so fine

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
@AVOCADO so if film on isn't gonna get the footage : will there still be a ppv / where would I get it

Salute tha god
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:15 AM   #95
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Yeah could someone explain Avo's beef with FilmOn? I mean I don't like them either, but at least this time they are just putting out an event with no TV shows or anything attached to it, just a regular event. Do they owe him money or something?

It's fucked up cuz it looks like he was tricked into it but it also seems kind of shady to just delete all the videos.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:42 AM   #96
Chilly_ColdBlood
Im Your Pusherman

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Chilly_ColdBlood is not the worst person
Caddy Ron is on AF Radio Airing Out Diz and Daylyt.. WOW
Old 11-01-2015, 01:54 AM   #97
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
Yeah could someone explain Avo's beef with FilmOn? I mean I don't like them either, but at least this time they are just putting out an event with no TV shows or anything attached to it, just a regular event. Do they owe him money or something?

It's fucked up cuz it looks like he was tricked into it but it also seems kind of shady to just delete all the videos.
I can only speculate on these things, but for all the promo leading up to Virus, there was never a mention of FilmOn on the flyer or any Twitter or Instagram posts, until that FilmOn link went up 2-3 hours before the event (probably the original and now official plan was to release the battles on Vimeo VOD, then eventually see a release on Dizaster's YouTube channel). So in that case, essentially Avocado and Liam were tricked into filming the event for FilmOn, although it sounds like FilmOn doesn't have rights to the footage.

I don't know if FilmOn owes Avocado money, but I do remember that Lush and Helen brought Avocado in to film Ether for them (since they understandably didn't have much faith in the FilmOn staff being able to properly film the event), and that Avo's footage would've gone up on the KOTD YouTube channel (with the exception of Dizaster/Cassidy). However, as seen in Avo's version of the Real Deal/Illmaculate battle, he was relegated to a spot deep in the crowd, and he actually ended up leaving the event shortly after that battle due to drunk people almost knocking his camera over multiple times. Remember also, FilmOn tried to offer KOTD the Ether footage, but KOTD turned it down due to how poor the quality was on that footage FilmOn recorded.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:23 AM   #98
Crescent Swerve

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Crescent Swerve is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
Man this whole battle was a dumb idea
White People love their racial theater...
Have you ever watched every black comedy standup EVER ??
50 to 70% Race material
Crescent Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:25 AM   #99
Crescent Swerve

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Crescent Swerve is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine View Post
@AVOCADO so if film on isn't gonna get the footage : will there still be a ppv / where would I get it

Salute tha god
I know don't "delete" the footage @AVOCADO , fans got see ... this ones sounds crazy entertaining
Crescent Swerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:19 AM   #100
Chromium
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Chromium is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzer_Negger View Post
Also, I'm not sure about shooting someone with a paintball vs blackface, which is worse and more of a fuckery antic. But I'm pretty sure that dressing up as a KKK member is worse that dressing up in blackface, surely? I mean blackface has a bit stigma at Halloween because silly white people do it without realising what it signifies and that its offensive. People dont dress up as KKK as it's quite obvious what it means. So I dont think it's fair to say Caddy took it too far, If anything it was too far before the battle even started.
"I cook and clean.. I'm the hooded host. And on Halloween.. I dress as a... Slave owner." - Bo Burnham.

Edit: Fuck this requires more context.

Last edited by Chromium; 11-01-2015 at 07:21 AM.
Chromium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #101
The Chef
KingOfThaKitchen

Mentioned: 305 Post(s)
The Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Chef is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wtf is going on, some one pm me the dets
A Feat Would Be To Do Lines Completely Unrelated To A Game Or Movie That Clearly Reference Them.
The Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:46 AM   #102
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Foreal, all shit aside, I got a lot of respect for avocado & bagnall for standing ground on this one tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:47 AM   #103
Emseed

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
Didn't Lush say he was done with filmon after he finished that ether weekly bullshit he claimed he quit with filmon.

Last edited by Emseed; 11-01-2015 at 08:00 AM.
Emseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 11:01 AM   #104
magik

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
magik is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emseed View Post
Didn't Lush say he was done with filmon after he finished that ether weekly bullshit he claimed he quit with filmon.
he also said he was done with doing drugs. dude did that jon jones 48 hour treatment.
magik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #105
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
i guess all this explains why the event was called virus.
Viruses(FILMON) need a host(LUSH), another living organism(DIZ) that gives them everything they need to work. Viruses take any chance they can to find a host. They get inside the host's cells and take it over. Viruses use the host cells machinery to make lots of copies, so many that the cell bursts and infects other cells around it!

seems to have infected the whole west coast. if it wasnt for the credibility of people like avocado and j pro that whole scene would be fucked. constant self inflicted wounds
FILTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:25 PM   #106
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILTH View Post
Viruses(FILMON) need a host(LUSH), another living organism(DIZ) that gives them everything they need to work. Viruses take any chance they can to find a host. They get inside the host's cells and take it over. Viruses use the host cells machinery to make lots of copies, so many that the cell bursts and infects other cells around it!

seems to have infected the whole west coast. if it wasnt for the credibility of people like avocado and j pro that whole scene would be fucked. constant self inflicted wounds
Get out of my Matrix!

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #107
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
Get out of my Matrix!
I Am ... admittedly bored this morning.
FILTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:50 PM   #108
Oscar Wilde

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Oscar Wilde is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by FILTH View Post
Oscar Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #109
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emseed View Post
Lush has quit doing business with filmon more times than any1 on this site can count

More than 5
Old 11-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #110
averagejoe

Hehe Alki is saying all footage is his and not being released

Diz is doing dirty to filmon on sum revenge type shit

Last edited by averagejoe; 11-01-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:52 PM   #111
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Soo....the filmon link is still up, but now the price for the PPV shows $0/free.

What is going on here?

Organik - KOTDTV.com ‏@OrganikHipHop @AlkiDavid - I think more people are just confused on how @FilmOnTV got involved with Virus. Maybe you can tell us ??

Alki David ‏@alkidavid
@OrganikHipHop @FilmOnTV we gave promoters money to pay talent for the streaming rights. That's all.

Organik - KOTDTV.com ‏@OrganikHipHop
@alkidavid @FilmOnTV which promoters? Cause nobody seems to know. That's where the confusion lies (no pun intended)
Old 11-01-2015, 08:15 PM   #112
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 805 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzer_Negger View Post
S
I get that there are some bad feelings with Avo and Filmon etc, but surely they haven't done anything bad this time, just got involved. If their involvement was hidden, thats 100% on Lush and/or Diz, and maybe it's easier to be publicly mad at Filmon instead of calling out those two.

Either way, im not going to judge the reaction of people like Avo and Bagnell as they hardly make a big deal out of nothing, it's just a bit weird to me unless there is more info to unfold.
I dunno any specifics and I dunno Bagnell...

... But avo legitimately is somebody that I would trust his judgement on over everyone else

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:16 PM   #113
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
Soo....the filmon link is still up, but now the price for the PPV shows $0/free.

What is going on here?

Organik - KOTDTV.com ‏@OrganikHipHop @AlkiDavid - I think more people are just confused on how @FilmOnTV got involved with Virus. Maybe you can tell us ??

Alki David ‏@alkidavid 3m3 minutes ago
@OrganikHipHop @FilmOnTV we gave promoters money to pay talent for the streaming rights. That's all.

Organik - KOTDTV.com ‏@OrganikHipHop 2m2 minutes ago
@alkidavid @FilmOnTV which promoters? Cause nobody seems to know. That's where the confusion lies (no pun intended)
Who exactly did alki pay? We can direct all these questions at the dude who signed over rights to filmon.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #114
rocky
Contributor

Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
rocky is not the worst person
If avo and liamboth say shit ain't kosher, then I trust their judgement. Based on the poor reviews i read about the event, I'm assuming we are not missing much.

Carter Deems>>>>>>
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:35 PM   #115
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Those Alki retweets are hilarious tbf "we gave promoters money for the streaming rights" and 300+ people are like "fuck yeah thats a great tweet! my followers need to know this shit!!"

Of which the first 4 bios read:
'Author, Realtor, Almost Famous Chef and Managing partner of ...'
'A political party works together to bring innovative results-oriented, justice-based solutions to #Connecticut'
'The Department of Economic and Development (DECD) is the lead state agency on economic development matters'
'For Those Who Like Rico...Have Been To Puerto Rico...Would Like To Visit Puerto Rico...Would Like To Live In Puerto Rico...'

That's exactly how one would imagine active participants in battlerap feuds sound like

You could try to be a little less obvious about paying for fake accounts to RT/fav your shit
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #116
lennycooke

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
lennycooke is not the worst person
Dizaster originally was openly stating that there was no budget for this event, all the battlers were doing it free. The only money made would be off of the on demand purchases (he never specified where it would be). Now, it appears that battlers have been paid (according to Cadalack Ron, QP, and Alki David). When Filmon got brought into the conversation, I logically assumed that they decided to pay the battlers in exchange for the content, which they would then sell on demand. Alki's tweet supports that. The strange part is the denial by Diz. Weird.. This type of shock content is right up Filmon's alley.Thats for sure. I guess we will soon find out.
lennycooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 09:43 PM   #117
Frank_Dux
Fuck a Title

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Frank_Dux is not the worst person
lush got a lookalike @ 10:43
Frank_Dux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:03 PM   #118
Oscar Wilde

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Oscar Wilde is not the worst person