BOTBUK owner addresses Hollow da don vs Pat Stay being 1 round

Old 12-10-2015, 01:55 AM   #1
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
BOTBUK owner addresses Hollow da don vs Pat Stay being 1 round

30 mins in but cliff notes
- he wants to reschedule hollow vs pat for a full 3 round battle
- investors pulled out last second battlers although most are paid right now and those who arnt will be paid within the next few days
- had no contract with investors just a verbal agreement lol....
- not getting paid in full caused battlers to opt to 1 round battles
- math needed a henny bottle for his performance club wouldn't allow it so he spoke to tony d and switched it to a 1 round?
- they will be doing more events
- jc missed his flight and caused them to pay an extra 1000 pounds on top of his booking fee
- admits to poorly running the event
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:01 AM   #2
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
At least he admitted to his faults

I don't really get why the new leagues jump straight into "main event" battles without testing the waters first.

Have a couple local events, get your name out there and get an experience on things, then start working your way up. What's the point in going in head first then looking bad at the end?

This kinda puts a wrap on things though. I didn't understand why Hollow said that it was Pat Stays fault for it being a one rounder then at the end when the gay black dude asked hollow for another round Hollow said no.
pityposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:07 AM   #3
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
the ppv was clean af, its a shame cuz they seemed to know who was worth shipping over and who wasnt (except for JC.. idk wtf they were thinking there. but it was supposed to be tay roc so i imagine he was a last minute thing)

@pityposter i mean its pretty reasonable to think that the situation went down like

before the battle, pat wanted the 1 round battle cuz of the money so hollow went with it
during the battle they condensed their shit into 1 round for the price
after the battle, guy tried to squeeze another round out of em but the agreement (cuz pat wanting it) was 1 round for x amonut

^im not saying thats what happened, im saying thats a likely situation which would result in hollow saying pat wanted it. which is fine. id do the same thing. if u arent getting paid in full u dont give ur full product.

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:08 AM   #4
brodeezy

Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
also no way in fuck am i listening to "botbuk" talk for 50 minutes

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:13 AM   #5
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
the ppv was clean af, its a shame cuz they seemed to know who was worth shipping over and who wasnt (except for JC.. idk wtf they were thinking there. but it was supposed to be tay roc so i imagine he was a last minute thing)

@pityposter i mean its pretty reasonable to think that the situation went down like

before the battle, pat wanted the 1 round battle cuz of the money so hollow went with it
during the battle they condensed their shit into 1 round for the price
after the battle, guy tried to squeeze another round out of em but the agreement (cuz pat wanting it) was 1 round for x amonut

^im not saying thats what happened, im saying thats a likely situation which would result in hollow saying pat wanted it. which is fine. id do the same thing. if u arent getting paid in full u dont give ur full product.
Seems reasonable. I still don't understand why new leagues jump head first into big battles like these without throwing a couple "feeling out" events. It ruins their brand and the possible classics in the process.
pityposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:16 AM   #6
Emseed

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Emseed is not the worst person
What is this Filmon UK?

It just goes to show big battles like this should only happen on KOTD, URL or Don't Flop.

Last edited by Emseed; 12-10-2015 at 02:18 AM.
Emseed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 02:34 AM   #7
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Thank the fucking Universe for cliff notes boyyeeee
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:07 AM   #8
erfworm

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
erfworm is better than Grind Time Australiaerfworm is better than Grind Time Australia
These big out-of-nowhere events are always set up for some sink or swim shit, and usually sink. Its ambitious but a big risk to be taking with no guarantees of anything, ticket sales, PPV sales, the inevitable problems of battlers not being able to navigate their way around an international flight. The investment probably pulled out last minute when they saw how slow the ticket sales were lmao. Im not sure how they could have put on smaller events to test the waters though, who would they use? UK DF battlers? well then it would just be DF. Still though they could learn from this first event and go on to do a couple more good ones, the setup was decent and the PPV was good... but then from a viewer perspective, why not just leave it to DF?

Also goes to show the battlers dont give a fuck about what league, what country, what event, what battle... as long as that money is there, which I suppose is fair because these 30 somethings got bills to pay but damn, 'oh nah that price is only worth 90 seconds of my time now' lmao free trip to London and that Great British £ to US $ conversion rate.
erfworm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:30 AM   #9
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think it is telling that BOTB started out doing dance events. There is a huge difference between dance events and MC battles: the dancers are competing for a prize, the rappers have already been paid. Unsurprisingly dancers tend to be ready on time and will pay things out of their pocket, because they all want to win one of the prizes. When rappers have already been paid and basically have to turn up, they are going to try and find the way that gets them the most money for the least effort.
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:39 AM   #10
Lebron Jereurghmy
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿(⌐■.■)

Mentioned: 237 Post(s)
Lebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICELebron Jereurghmy is NICE
no contract with the investors thats just bad business lool

better luck next time but ionno bout that shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
because I find it extremely fun to blow my load on her face and send her off to her man....crazy...maybe...but life is good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaux Jangles View Post
I had more in my arsonal I would have fucked you until daylyt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin0 View Post
you are now getting pure facts delivered to your notifications on rmbva and if you dont like you can suck my fat dick
Lebron Jereurghmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:04 AM   #11
festeelerfan
Hm...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
festeelerfan is not the worst person
Sounds like MVG Sandstorm all over again

is a trex some kind of new book that lists synonyms and antonyms for words?
i dont get it
festeelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:15 AM   #12
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
you can't have a do over once a battle happened... Hollow n Pat have no real street beef or point to prove form a rematch lol.... This ship sailed already.... If new fans have that much of an influence to like any form of a rematch like this wow
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:28 AM   #13
averagejoe
©

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
i dont buy "the investor pulled out last minute"
thats the oldest 1 in the book

either name and shame or stfu imo
hes saying 1 guy kinda ruined his event and he dont care

he just did not have the money.. and its a lot of money so i get dat.
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:48 AM   #14
averagejoe
©

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
wat was this investment (obviously was considerable) just some casual (rip) agreement?

"hey bro u wanna invest thousands of dollars in my battle rap thing?!"

"hell yea bruv! battle rap? sounds awsome"

"its getting last minute man u still got that huge investment for my rap thingy??"

"uh sorry bruv, i thought about it again and i dont want to give u all this money for the rap party battle"

"but...aw bummer i could have done the common sense thing and secured funds before i promised to pay ppl... but its ok il just pay for a third of every1s performance"
Old 12-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #15
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Wow no one should ever, ever pay an extra $1500 for jc.
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 07:52 AM   #16
averagejoe
©

"the rest (already discounted price) will be paid in next few days"

this guy is paying with the venue money (lmao) and ppv cash... and u think he gonna pay himself after that? u cant do this kind of shit when ur tiny and have 0 reason to invest in the future

venue...all costs associated with venue like the camera guy the light the managements the flights the hotels any local marketing

if kotd did this theyd still be fine cuz theyd cake off that youtube money in the long term, add to their already growin #'s. and as much as ppl like to say utube views gives u nothing.. ever since they changed it so longer videos = kotd been caking

Last edited by averagejoe; 12-10-2015 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #17
HYPEMAN!!!!!!!
Yo' Nose Is My Mic Stand

HYPEMAN!!!!!!! is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I think it is telling that BOTB started out doing dance events. There is a huge difference between dance events and MC battles: the dancers are competing for a prize, the rappers have already been paid. Unsurprisingly dancers tend to be ready on time and will pay things out of their pocket, because they all want to win one of the prizes. When rappers have already been paid and basically have to turn up, they are going to try and find the way that gets them the most money for the least effort.
OK!!!! I'M LISTENIN'!!!!!

Now talk that shit!!!!!!
HYPEMAN!!!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #18
No Lo Se

No Lo Se is not the worst person
Maybe the reason the investment was secured via a contract is that the money wasn't necessarily clean and above the board?

I'd bet the legitimate accounting being done for these small and brand new leagues is practically non-existent.

I wonder how many of these battle rappers actually pay taxes on what they make from battling.

Last edited by No Lo Se; 12-10-2015 at 03:36 PM.
No Lo Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:13 PM   #19
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Lo Se View Post
Maybe the reason the investment was secured via a contract is that the money wasn't necessarily clean and above the board?

I'd bet the legitimate accounting being done for these small and brand new leagues is practically non-existent.

I wonder how many of these battle rappers actually pay taxes on what they make from battling.
i bet you're fun at parties...

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #20
HYPEMAN!!!!!!!
Yo' Nose Is My Mic Stand

HYPEMAN!!!!!!! is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
GET 'EM!!!!!!

Now talk that shit!!!!!!
HYPEMAN!!!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #21
No Lo Se

No Lo Se is not the worst person
Quote:
I laughed so I can't be mad at that. I didn't mean to sound like such a square haha

I still think it'd be interesting to know how the finances/financing behind this shit actually works, though.
No Lo Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:00 PM   #22
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
Lol at math needing a henny bottle wtf
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #23
averagejoe
©

Quote:

Lmao dead.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:49 PM   #24
ukallday
We FUCK THAT

Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
ukallday is better than Grind Time Australiaukallday is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
i dont buy "the investor pulled out last minute"
thats the oldest 1 in the book

either name and shame or stfu imo
hes saying 1 guy kinda ruined his event and he dont care

he just did not have the money.. and its a lot of money so i get dat.
What difference would naming names make though, it's not as if we will actually know the investors so he could just make up whatever name.

There are multiple reason as to why he wouldn't name the investor, maybe he knew them personally and understands the circumstances around the pulling of funds or if he plans to do another event he could possible salvage the connection and get investment for that event.

To me he gains nothing from naming names, he was nieve in taking people at their word and so it's his fault. I didn't listen to the interview but it seems he is taking the blame which is a good sign, I guess we will hear more about the whole situation in the future and we will be able to assess fully if this guy is dodgy or not.

Obviously if BOTB do another event everyone will be cautious but I see no reason why they can't become successful at hosting top tier battle events. I seem to remember Organik saying that KOTD ran at a loss for a long time.
ukallday is offline   Reply With Quote