Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Interview Bigg K on URL vs KOTD


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2015, 01:18 AM   #1
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Bigg K on URL vs KOTD


aint seen this posted but i agree with it all....

Bigg K interviews>>>>
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:04 AM   #2
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Whos the 6th member of NWX? DNA, Shine, Saga, T and Raine? But Shine said 1/6th?

This interview is some real shit though. But a lot of fans will continue to create a divide because for some reason its a competition to them.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:06 AM   #3
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
^it isn't just fans. kotd staff takes shots at url all the time.

leagues are leagues. people are gonna like and support the leagues that they fuck with more. different calibers of leagues are gonna attract different calibers of rappers - the expectations a fan has is whats gonna decide which leagues they watch.

nothing wrong with that. dont be whiney bitches lmao i like a lot of kotd battles and i like a lot of url battles but i choose which battles i like or dislike based on the quality of them.

hell, i made a thread talking about the positives of URL's 2015 and look how that went lmao. people crying about how kotd was better and blah blah blah. i'm sure those are the same people that are gonna be in threads like this talking about how there shouldn't be a divide.
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here

Last edited by brodeezy; 12-17-2015 at 02:08 AM.
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:10 AM   #4
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki
 
@VapeHop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,190
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
realest shit ever.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:14 AM   #5
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
^it isn't just fans. kotd staff takes shots at url all the time.

leagues are leagues. people are gonna like and support the leagues that they fuck with more. different calibers of leagues are gonna attract different calibers of rappers - the expectations a fan has is whats gonna decide which leagues they watch.

nothing wrong with that. dont be whiney bitches lmao i like a lot of kotd battles and i like a lot of url battles but i choose which battles i like or dislike based on the quality of them.

hell, i made a thread talking about the positives of URL's 2015 and look how that went lmao. people crying about how kotd was better and blah blah blah. i'm sure those are the same people that are gonna be in threads like this talking about how there shouldn't be a divide.
Ya and Smack has taken shots at KOTD too, or KOTD/DF thats also completely different. if the leagues want to do it it makes sense...We have no stock in this shit though. WE're literally just here to watch.

Obviously people are going to fuck with the league they like more. The point is why the fuck does it matter what the other leagues are doing?(Unless stealing battles) Enjoy what you enjoy and keep the competition to actual battle rap.

"I choose what battles I like based on the quality"

No shit? Literally everyone does that, but people have different perceptions of quality...KOTD fans arguing about KOTD doing better are just as lame as URL fans arguing about URL doing better. Who gives a fuck? The only real non subjective argument for better is financial gains and we have no fucking idea what goes on in their pockets.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:17 AM   #6
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rather then arguing about "What league did better in 2015?" fans should be arguing was 2015 better than 2014 as a whole?
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:19 AM   #7
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Rather then arguing about "What league did better in 2015?" fans should be arguing was 2015 better than 2014 as a whole?
might as well stop giving battlers wins and losses and give everyone a fuckin participation ribbon then






















































































__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:23 AM   #8
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
might as well stop giving battlers wins and losses and give everyone a fuckin participation ribbon then























































































You mean like they literally do already? You get your 2nd half of payment for participating, no matter the outcome. They then proceed to book you again next event.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:25 AM   #9
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Ya and Smack has taken shots at KOTD too, or KOTD/DF thats also completely different. if the leagues want to do it it makes sense...We have no stock in this shit though. WE're literally just here to watch.

Obviously people are going to fuck with the league they like more. The point is why the fuck does it matter what the other leagues are doing?(Unless stealing battles) Enjoy what you enjoy and keep the competition to actual battle rap.

"I choose what battles I like based on the quality"

No shit? Literally everyone does that, but people have different perceptions of quality...KOTD fans arguing about KOTD doing better are just as lame as URL fans arguing about URL doing better. Who gives a fuck? The only real non subjective argument for better is financial gains and we have no fucking idea what goes on in their pockets.
i dont think u understand how having a huge majority favoring one league on a forum skews all the discussion of that forum that way, and u dont understand how that becomes a really shitty thing for people that want to talk about more than kotd lol

thats what starts a divide. not someone saying "I LIKE STREET RAPPERS MORE" because at least that starts a discussion about street rappers. shit, hitman holla's battle on BOTBUK has hitman fuckin holla in it, yet sno/dirt and dirtbag dan/DNA gets stickied and holla's great performance gets bumped off to page 2. and it aint like moderators haven't seen it.

danja zone vs b magic is stickied, but has 28 fuckin replies lmao. the dna/dbd, sno/dirt battles have damn near double the views and replies. the nature of this forum is one big fuckin divide
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:25 AM   #10
gregrieke20
Media
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 1,481
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
gregrieke20 is not the worst person
That room must be really cold.
__________________
SpecialOh is infringing on my first ammendment rights.
gregrieke20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:26 AM   #11
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Ya and Smack has taken shots at KOTD too, or KOTD/DF thats also completely different. if the leagues want to do it it makes sense...We have no stock in this shit though. WE're literally just here to watch.
smack took shots at kotd?or norbes/beasley did?

sooooo wrong,doubt many of us posting here havent put cash towards events whether attending or ppv,so we do more than just watch,we provide the means to make events.

if you want a matchup or a battler on a card tweet the ppl tht can make it happen,get a buzz goin and it'll happen,bcoz WE literally decide whats worth our money,meh
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:27 AM   #12
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrieke20 View Post
That room must be really cold.
i was thinking it was a quirky coat to wear haha
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:29 AM   #13
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki
 
@VapeHop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,190
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
im critical of KOTD/URL because i'm a fan. I shit on the Knicks/Mets/Giants more than i rep them positively cause when they fuck up its disheartening as a fan. being "team ____" is for casuals. no offense to casual.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:30 AM   #14
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎
 
peace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,324
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
^it isn't just fans. kotd staff takes shots at url all the time.

leagues are leagues. people are gonna like and support the leagues that they fuck with more. different calibers of leagues are gonna attract different calibers of rappers - the expectations a fan has is whats gonna decide which leagues they watch.

nothing wrong with that. dont be whiney bitches lmao i like a lot of kotd battles and i like a lot of url battles but i choose which battles i like or dislike based on the quality of them.

hell, i made a thread talking about the positives of URL's 2015 and look how that went lmao. people crying about how kotd was better and blah blah blah. i'm sure those are the same people that are gonna be in threads like this talking about how there shouldn't be a divide.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:31 AM   #15
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
i dont think u understand how having a huge majority favoring one league on a forum skews all the discussion of that forum that way, and u dont understand how that becomes a really shitty thing for people that want to talk about more than kotd lol

thats what starts a divide. not someone saying "I LIKE STREET RAPPERS MORE" because at least that starts a discussion about street rappers. shit, hitman holla's battle on BOTBUK has hitman fuckin holla in it, yet sno/dirt and dirtbag dan/DNA gets stickied and holla's great performance gets bumped off to page 2

danja zone vs b magic is stickied, but has 28 fuckin replies lmao. the dna/dbd, sno/dirt battles have damn near double the views and replies. the nature of this forum is one big fuckin divide, u just dont see it cuz ur in the majority opinion.
Do you not understand how communities work?

If I wanted to talk about WWE I'm not gonna go to a forum full of UFC fans...I'll go find one that focues on...WRESTLING.

If you honestly feel that there isn't enough discussion about Smack here then find a better community? I don't understand some of you...You're either retarded or you see there are enough redeemable qualities to stick around.

I see it, I just don't give a fuck because I realize people here talk about what they enjoy more...As they should, because that is what a rationale person does. They don't stick around and attempt to sway the conversation in another direction. If you care that much go recruit more Smack fans to the website.

And there is still plenty of Smack talk here. But you're so upset about the fact that it isn't talked about THE MOST that you're blinded by rage into thinking its less common than it is. You seem really out of touch.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:34 AM   #16
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
smack took shots at kotd?or norbes/beasley did?

sooooo wrong,doubt many of us posting here havent put cash towards events whether attending or ppv,so we do more than just watch,we provide the means to make events.

if you want a matchup or a battler on a card tweet the ppl tht can make it happen,get a buzz goin and it'll happen,bcoz WE literally decide whats worth our money,meh
Nah I just meant Smack as the league, I shoulda said URL but I'm just so use to refering to it as Smack. But no I've never heard Smack himself take a shot.

And what does putting cash towards it do to change anything I said? You put money into an event because you want the league to do better than another league? if I buy a PPV its to support, its not on some competition shit.

Why do we rally to make a match happen? To watch said match happen, that is our purpose here and it isn't a negative.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:39 AM   #17
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Do you not understand how communities work?

If I wanted to talk about WWE I'm not gonna go to a forum full of UFC fans...I'll go find one that focues on...WRESTLING.

If you honestly feel that there isn't enough discussion about Smack here then find a better community? I don't understand some of you...You're either retarded or you see there are enough redeemable qualities to stick around.

I see it, I just don't give a fuck because I realize people here talk about what they enjoy more...As they should, because that is what a rationale person does. They don't stick around and attempt to sway the conversation in another direction. If you care that much go recruit more Smack fans to the website.

And there is still plenty of Smack talk here. But you're so upset about the fact that it isn't talked about THE MOST that you're blinded by rage into thinking its less common than it is. You seem really out of touch.
u missed the point entirely lmao. not surprising but,

1. your example is shit. UFC is MMA and WWE is wrestling.

if ur a wrestling fan that goes into a wrestling forum that predominantly talks about WWE, you're gonna wanna talk about other wrestling organizations because you're a fan of wrestling. if you're exclusively a WWE fan, you're gonna be like "lol wtf" to the guy talking about other shit.

if you're an MMA fan that goes to an mma forum that predominantly talks about UFC, you're gonna wanna talk about Bellator, old Strikeforce, etc. if you're exclusively a UFC fan, you're gonna be like "lol wtf." that kinda shit happens on those forums all the time. sherdog, mmalinker, etc. you name em, it happens.

and that's GENERALLY what happens here. people that are predominantly kotd/backpack culture either ignore or disregard street rap, and often get pissy when people talk about it being better, higher quality, getting more views, etc. when people point out shit wrong with kotd or backpack battlers, it's all "OH YOU'RE JUST A HATER, STOP DIVIDING THE CULTURE" but when people constantly talk about how street rap is all "generic gun bars!!!" that's just business as usual.


2, you're crying about how people shouldn't be talking about any divide. i'm telling you why it happens and giving examples of the nature of this forum's community innately encouraging division. i'm not posting all upset about anything or "blinded by rage" (How dramatic are u?).. im explaining something ur too stupid to recognize.

u say you "realize people like what they're gonna like" yet you sound completely fuckin dumbfounded when someone who has a minority opinion stands up for that opinion, and u get to crying about how there shouldn't be any discussion of divide (mostly from people from the minority opinion speaking up, cuz that's all i've ever seen u criticize). there's nothing wrong with pointing out the hypocrisy

as for finding a better community, i'm not fiending to talk about battle rap. i post on rmbva because i like rmbva. when i stopped watching battle rap for a while, i still posted here.

tl;dr get fucked u pussy emo crybaby participation ribbon awarding bitch. ur children are gonna be soft



























































shout out @SpecialOh
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here

Last edited by brodeezy; 12-17-2015 at 02:43 AM.
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:44 AM   #18
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Nah I just meant Smack as the league, I shoulda said URL but I'm just so use to refering to it as Smack. But no I've never heard Smack himself take a shot.

And what does putting cash towards it do to change anything I said? You put money into an event because you want the league to do better than another league? if I buy a PPV its to support, its not on some competition shit.

Why do we rally to make a match happen? To watch said match happen, that is our purpose here and it isn't a negative.
bcoz he wouldnt,meanwhile organik was taking shots at DF recently for releasing a legit battle,just because charron got slapped,as if he didnt slap the back of shines head like a retard,shine is a wank for slappin the gun but he he likes touchin a bitch with a piece lol

yeah,we as the consumer demand what the product is,its really that simple tbh.

if the demand is there...
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 02:58 AM   #19
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
You right I shoulda said UFC/Bellator or something as the example but regardless the point still stands.


Quote:
and that's GENERALLY what happens here. people that are predominantly kotd/backpack culture either ignore or disregard street rap, and often get pissy when people talk about it being better, higher quality, getting more views, etc. when people point out shit wrong with kotd or backpack battlers, it's all "OH YOU'RE JUST A HATER, STOP DIVIDING THE CULTURE" but when people constantly talk about how street rap is all "generic gun bars!!!" that's just business as usual.
This is what I mean about you being blinded. There are a small handful of posters that get pissy, most don't give a fuck. Bigg K is one of the most popular battlers here but apparently we all hate street rap, must be cause hes white right?

Most people here don't give a fuck if you talk about what KOTD is doing wrong...The point is why can't you just talk about those things without making it a competition?

"Smack is better cause KOTD does this..." who gives a fuck? Really...Its as if you define yourself based on your favorite league, that shit is pathetic. And it goes both ways for the KOTD fans that do the same thing.

What about Smack getting more views is relevant to you as a fan? Other than you being able to say the league you like most is the most popular...The reason fans get pissy about views is cause its used as a counter argument "It only has X views, its shit" which is a retarded argument.


i'm not posting all upset about anything or "blinded by rage" (How dramatic are u?).. im explaining something ur too stupid to recognize.


tl;dr get fucked u pussy emo crybaby participation ribbon awarding bitch. ur children are gonna be soft

lmao, see how fucking emotional you are?
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:01 AM   #20
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
bcoz he wouldnt,meanwhile organik was taking shots at DF recently for releasing a legit battle,just because charron got slapped,as if he didnt slap the back of shines head like a retard,shine is a wank for slappin the gun but he he likes touchin a bitch with a piece lol

yeah,we as the consumer demand what the product is,its really that simple tbh.

if the demand is there...
Ya and Ganik is a bitch for that.

But it still makes more sense from a league perspective than from a fan perspective. There is no reason for fans to be in competition over their favorite leagues. Shit is stupid 99% of the time.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:08 AM   #21
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
This is what I mean about you being blinded. There are a small handful of posters that get pissy, most don't give a fuck. Bigg K is one of the most popular battlers here but apparently we all hate street rap, must be cause hes white right?

Most people here don't give a fuck if you talk about what KOTD is doing wrong...The point is why can't you just talk about those things without making it a competition?
lmao i highly doubt u see the same replies i do so im gonna pretend like u arent assuming u can represent "most people." but the POINT is that when i make a thread talking about the success URL had in 2015.. it can't be made without replies like

Quote:
Get a life OP, Mr billion posts. We all know that you are a URL fanboy, its ok, being a NEET isn't all that bad.
Quote:
URL was 100% shit this year. It fell the FUCK off.... but hten again, this thread was made by a dude who mostly posts anti-KOTD threads so this is kinda cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by ur bitch ass
Battle rap, a competition where 90% of the competition takes place between lame ass fans who are competing over whos league is doing better as if they're somehow involved.

saying an event was fire without seeing a single battle is pretty much the peak of being a new fan though. You couldn't even wait for the battles to start dropping before you started sucking their dick? lmao
and when i respond to that kinda shit (which i do, not sayin i don't) i'm considered the one hating, dividing, whatever else. the point is the perception of people that rock with the minority opinion more are almost always met with more bullshit about being haters, being trolls, being "anti-white" (Which is the funniest one to hear) than the reverse.

Quote:
What about Smack getting more views is relevant to you as a fan? Other than you being able to say the league you like most is the most popular...The reason fans get pissy about views is cause its used as a counter argument "It only has X views, its shit" which is a retarded argument.
it depends on the discussion. if there's a discussion where talking about views is relevant, people shouldn't start fuckin crying because someone points out whose views are higher. but they do. i heard that shit all the time that views don't matter, but when con/dfd happened on kotd all of a sudden views were a legitimate measure.

Quote:
i'm not posting all upset about anything or "blinded by rage" (How dramatic are u?).. im explaining something ur too stupid to recognize.


tl;dr get fucked u pussy emo crybaby participation ribbon awarding bitch. ur children are gonna be soft

lmao, see how fucking emotional you are?
i hope you take it very, very seriously. i really do.


- - -

as for Bigg K. his skin color DEFINITELY has a lot to do with how much popularity he has around here. that isn't taking away from his talent. he's one of the best right now. not debatable.

but do you remember at all how long people would go off about how street rap is all just generic, non-personal, "could be rapped to anyone so it doesn't count", filler bar garbage? remember when that stopped? it stopped when a white boy came and could rap his ass off in the same way.

i'm not tryna turn this into a race thing because none of this has to do with race, but bigg k isn't a good example to use if ur trying to turn it into that because there are plenty of guys that can straight rap as well as Bigg K that don't get the same love at all.
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:09 AM   #22
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Ya and Ganik is a bitch for that.

But it still makes more sense from a league perspective than from a fan perspective. There is no reason for fans to be in competition over their favorite leagues. Shit is stupid 99% of the time.
thats where you're wrong and you aint thinkin widely!

there are wee retarded guys in ny tht can only identify wit dot and dna therefore they are URL fans

there are little queer boys in england who are drawn to mark grist and harry baker etc etc

people will always be drawn to battle rap through a style,most dont conform to just one but some do
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:09 AM   #23
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Ya and Ganik is a bitch for that.

But it still makes more sense from a league perspective than from a fan perspective. There is no reason for fans to be in competition over their favorite leagues. Shit is stupid 99% of the time.

that's like telling people not to fuck with their favorite ball teams because they aren't involved in it in any way other than being a fan smh.
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:10 AM   #24
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
brodeezy needs to chill the fuck out,acting like URL didnt put on uno lavoz twice this year.

url aint all mighty fs
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:12 AM   #25
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
brodeezy needs to chill the fuck out,acting like URL didnt put on uno lavoz twice this year.

url aint all mighty fs
never said they dont put on shitty battles or host shitty battlers. i criticize them and i criticize street battlers almost as often as i criticize kotd - the difference is, people never comment on my criticisms of URL because it doesnt make them feel some typa way the same way criticizing kotd or backpack rappers does

uno lavoz is a cornball, the battle with cortez was fuckin stupid, and people getting hyped for it were lame as fuck. i voiced that exact opinion when the "beef" first got announced
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here

Last edited by brodeezy; 12-17-2015 at 03:14 AM.
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:17 AM   #26
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
never said they dont put on shitty battles or host shitty battlers. i criticize them and i criticize street battlers almost as often as i criticize kotd - the difference is, people never comment on my criticisms of URL because it doesnt make them feel some typa way the same way criticizing kotd or backpack rappers does
in trying to fight tht perceived backpacker etx bias,you're going overboard and to the actual unbias people yer points are nearly washed away with the pro url hype imo.
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:18 AM   #27
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
lmao i highly doubt u see the same replies i do so im gonna pretend like u arent assuming u can represent "most people." but the POINT is that when i make a thread talking about the success URL had in 2015.. it can't be made without replies like
"There are a small handful of posters that get pissy"

Meanwhile your topic has people agreeing with you, was rated with 3 stars(I dunno how much rating really means on this site though)

And you're right if someone made an identical topic about KOTD it would probably get 5 stars, and more praise, but that is a reflection of the communities preference, it doesn't mean that the majority of the community is on some Smack hate though...

and when i respond to that kinda shit (which i do, not sayin i don't) i'm considered the one hating, dividing, whatever else. the point is the perception of people that rock with the minority opinion more are almost always met with more bullshit about being haters, being trolls, being "anti-white" (Which is the funniest one to hear) than the reverse.

No reasonable person is going to say you're hating for defending your post. And once again, most people didn't...Some fans are gonna feel like you're making that thread to attack KOTD, cause they take shit too serious. And I personally feel you're exactly one of those people if the role was reversed. If that was a KOTD topic you woulda been one of the people in there arguing about how dumb they sound.

But ya, no shit. The minority is met with more opposition? What about that is unreasonable to you? The arguments some of the opposition make are absolutely fucking retarded obviously but a community that prefers one thing over the other is obviously going to be quicker to defend that one thing...

Quote:
it depends on the discussion. if there's a discussion where talking about views is relevant, people shouldn't start fuckin crying because someone points out whose views are higher. but they do.
When are views relevant to fans?
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:20 AM   #28
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
thats where you're wrong and you aint thinkin widely!

there are wee retarded guys in ny tht can only identify wit dot and dna therefore they are URL fans

there are little queer boys in england who are drawn to mark grist and harry baker etc etc

people will always be drawn to battle rap through a style,most dont conform to just one but some do
Uhh, what? I'm not saying people aren't drawn to one style over another. I'm saying who cares? Argue about the battle outcomes of the battles you watch and fuck off if you're arguing about shit that doesn't appeal to you. If you're only a fan of 1 you have no place to be talking about the other.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:25 AM   #29
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Uhh, what? I'm not saying people aren't drawn to one style over another. I'm saying who cares? Argue about the battle outcomes of the battles you watch and fuck off if you're arguing about shit that doesn't appeal to you. If you're only a fan of 1 you have no place to be talking about the other.
do you understand fandom lmao?

fans are gonna scream tht whatever they're a fan of is the best ever.

are you retarded actually acting like fans aint gonna be vocal lol
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:26 AM   #30
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
that's like telling people not to fuck with their favorite ball teams because they aren't involved in it in any way other than being a fan smh.
Are you really going to compare battle rap to sports? Something entirely subjective compared to a real competition?

Quote:
as for Bigg K. his skin color DEFINITELY has a lot to do with how much popularity he has around here. that isn't taking away from his talent. he's one of the best right now. not debatable.

but do you remember at all how long people would go off about how street rap is all just generic, non-personal, "could be rapped to anyone so it doesn't count", filler bar garbage? remember when that stopped? it stopped when a white boy came and could rap his ass off in the same way.

i'm not tryna turn this into a race thing because none of this has to do with race, but bigg k isn't a good example to use if ur trying to turn it into that because there are plenty of guys that can straight rap as well as Bigg K that don't get the same love at all.
Again, most people saying that shit are not a majority opinion. Yes there are idiots that cry "its generic!" "its not direct" meanwhile if there is a "top 10?" topic you see countless mentions of people like Verb(Pre-falling off) or Hitman.

There are probably a buncha idiots who like his street style cause he's white. They're all idiots though and they def aren't the majority.

I think the reason he's popular here has to do entirely with him being on KOTD. Compare bigg k discussions pre-illmac to post-illmac.

When he started dominating on the league most popular here it makes sense he would become most popular. If those same people that rap as well started killing it on KOTD you would almost definitely see the same thing happen.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:30 AM   #31
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki
 
@VapeHop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5,190
Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
the difference is, people never comment on my criticisms of URL because it doesnt make them feel some typa way the same way criticizing kotd or backpack rappers does
only speakin for me but i comment because you make polarized statements of absolutes when you say " url was massive this year, huge W for what 7 yrs straight" it makes it as easy to argue with as ekelons outlandish kotd/diz stannery.

tldr: you're smackelon
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:33 AM   #32
lennycooke
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
lennycooke is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Whos the 6th member of NWX? DNA, Shine, Saga, T and Raine? But Shine said 1/6th?

This interview is some real shit though. But a lot of fans will continue to create a divide because for some reason its a competition to them.
Official is in NWX
lennycooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:33 AM   #33
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
do you understand fandom lmao?

fans are gonna scream tht whatever they're a fan of is the best ever.

are you retarded actually acting like fans aint gonna be vocal lol
My point is direct that fandom at the actual battles...Leagues shouldn't mean that much to people...And its 2 completely different styles of fandom, the shit is barely comparable.

If Smack and URL were 2 separate leagues existing beside eachother, I'd kinda understand arguing about them.

Thats why the KOTD/Don't Flop argument makes a bit more sense to me. They really do seem to be in competition with eachother. Smack/KOTD? Not at all.

Its like when I see people saying how wack commercial rap is when comparing it to that Boom Bap 90s shit. Its 2 completely different lanes and its stupid to argue about because the shit is barely even comparable outside of being rap.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:33 AM   #34
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
Are you really going to compare battle rap to sports? Something entirely subjective compared to a real competition?
are you meaning something worthy of an olympic medal,like figure skating,or gymnastics,or diving or summat?

not that they're subjective eh
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:35 AM   #35
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
are you meaning something worthy of an olympic medal,like figure skating,or gymnastics,or diving or summat?

not that they're subjective eh
When battle rap creates a specific criteria for judging that is agreed upon your argument will make sense.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:37 AM   #36
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
No reasonable person is going to say you're hating for defending your post. And once again, most people didn't...Some fans are gonna feel like you're making that thread to attack KOTD, cause they take shit too serious. And I personally feel you're exactly one of those people if the role was reversed. If that was a KOTD topic you woulda been one of the people in there arguing about how dumb they sound.
it's not like posts like that haven't been made. if i was one of those people, youd be able to pull em up and find my quotes in them.

like, im legit in almost every kotd ppv thread watchin it with the forum. dont see me hating at all. i think @AVOCADO is battle rap's equivalent to the child of two cousins fucking, but i still give him props on his trailers.

yet here i am, the anti kotd guy lmao. and the only reason i might stand out as that is because people here focus on anti-kotd sentiment a lot more than they do anti-url, anti-street etc sentiment. criticisms of kotd go much more noticed, and when that happens a "divide" the divide gets exaggerated.

Quote:
But ya, no shit. The minority is met with more opposition? What about that is unreasonable to you? The arguments some of the opposition make are absolutely fucking retarded obviously but a community that prefers one thing over the other is obviously going to be quicker to defend that one thing...
i never said i was surprised it happened. you're forgetting why we got to this discussion. you were the one acting as though people shouldn't contribute to the concept of a divide - i'm explaining why it's impossible to do that on this forum.
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:39 AM   #37
brodeezy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 9,410
Mentioned: 629 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post
only speakin for me but i comment because you make polarized statements of absolutes when you say " url was massive this year, huge W for what 7 yrs straight" it makes it as easy to argue with as ekelons outlandish kotd/diz stannery.

tldr: you're smackelon
saying URL has been winnin for 7 years means im an ekelon level stan?

lmao, let me guess - u translate that to me saying "URL IS BETTER THAN EVERY OTHER LEAGUE. KOTD AND DF ARE INFERIOR 7 TIMES IN A ROW!!' rather than "URL has been a success for 7 years in a row"

right?

u've been on my dick for being a street fan for months now. no surprise
__________________
battle rap sucks tbh

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here

Last edited by brodeezy; 12-17-2015 at 03:41 AM.
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:40 AM   #38
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
My point is direct that fandom at the actual battles...Leagues shouldn't mean that much to people...And its 2 completely different styles of fandom, the shit is barely comparable.

If Smack and URL were 2 separate leagues existing beside eachother, I'd kinda understand arguing about them.

Thats why the KOTD/Don't Flop argument makes a bit more sense to me. They really do seem to be in competition with eachother. Smack/KOTD? Not at all.

Its like when I see people saying how wack commercial rap is when comparing it to that Boom Bap 90s shit. Its 2 completely different lanes and its stupid to argue about because the shit is barely even comparable outside of being rap.
wow you are retarded!

people tht work for certain companies arguing with others from other companies isnt competition,its grown men acting like kids...

competition is competing for the same market,like url west coast and kotd fc,so how are kotd and df in competition more than url amd kotd?

i swear i think its bcoz df amd kotd are white leagues lol
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:42 AM   #39
paddy87
Registered User
 
paddy87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,155
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJ123 View Post
When battle rap creates a specific criteria for judging that is agreed upon your argument will make sense.
but there is,do you think you get points for twirling lol

you know fuck all obviously
__________________
"i only learned to swim because i had bridges to burn"

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 03:44 AM   #40
JustJ123
Registered User
 
JustJ123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,011
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
it's not like posts like that haven't been made. if i was one of those people, youd be able to pull em up and find my quotes in them.

like, im legit in almost every kotd ppv thread watchin it with the forum. dont see me hating at all. i think @AVOCADO is battle rap's equivalent to the child of two cousins fucking, but i still give him props on his trailers.

yet here i am, the anti kotd guy lmao. and the only reason i might stand out as that is because people here focus on anti-kotd sentiment a lot more than they do anti-url, anti-street etc sentiment. criticisms of kotd go much more noticed, and when that happens a "divide" the divide gets exaggerated.



i never said i was surprised it happened. you're forgetting why we got to this discussion. you were the one acting as though people shouldn't contribute to the concept of a divide - i'm explaining why it's impossible to do that on this forum.
Show me these topics where someone goes on about how KOTD had the undeniable best year in battle rap. Maybe someone has made one but I sure as fuck haven't seen it. Ekelon maybe? And there was probably a ton of people calling him a retard.

And no, I don't think of you as the anti-kotd guy at all. But you're probably the most adamant URL defender on this website.


"i'm explaining why it's impossible to do that on this forum."

Obviously its impossible not to contribute to the divide. literally every post about one or the other does that, thats not what I'm saying. My point is that fans create an even bigger divide by constantly arguing about irrelevant shit(the leagues status) rather than just focusing on battles.

I'm not saying there isn't going to be a divide...Thats natural in all aspects of life that involve opinions. It doesn't have to be focused on even half as much as it is though.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/gj02Ups.jpg
Fucking herbivore you're nerd for sure
JustJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,551
Threads: 27,180
Posts: 733,655
Total Online: 2416

Newest Member: 3DModeling

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:03 AM.