Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Vault
[*K.O.T.D.*] - [#FL3GZ] - AFTERSHOCK vs STEP EASY

View Poll Results: Who do you think won?
Aftershock 7 29.17%
Step Easy 17 70.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #41
Step Easy
@stepeasy3rdave

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Step Easy is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
i wish step had more confidence and was polished, he'd be really fun to listen to. i like him.
It's not necessarily a lack of confidence, more so a lack of rehearsal. I'll try and polish my shit better and take a more comedic approach to my next battles. I start writing then end up with no humorous things then throw together some funnies at the end. I need to stop with the "serious bars". Thanks for watching though.

The circumstances leading up this battle had me on the brink of just walking out. Nothing against Gully/Ganik, I like those dudes. But they had us up there ready to battle after over an hour delay, then once we were about to begin they all went and did shots for another 20mins and shit like fuck off with that shit, let us battle then you can all drink. As someone who likes to drink, I hate standing in a bar mostly sober until 2am.
Step Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:07 PM   #42
Aftershock
VIP

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Aftershock is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step Easy View Post

The circumstances leading up this battle had me on the brink of just walking out. Nothing against Gully/Ganik, I like those dudes. But they had us up there ready to battle after over an hour delay, then once we were about to begin they all went and did shots for another 20mins and shit like fuck off with that shit, let us battle then you can all drink. As someone who likes to drink, I hate standing in a bar mostly sober until 2am.
then being called the wrong name.....and you're the main event
Aftershock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 03:46 PM   #43
Iron Monk
No more next time

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Iron Monk is a PY Poster
@Aftershock to be honest, i think you're an intelligent guy. But the delivery is killing you man, you're like a softer version of bender. You style is conversational and kinda monotonous. You only have one hand gesture, the "im rapping" hand gesture. You don't maximize your stage, you just stand on one place.

You need more haymakers man
Old 01-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #44
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
It's not necessarily a lack of confidence, more so a lack of rehearsal. I'll try and polish my shit better and take a more comedic approach to my next battles. I start writing then end up with no humorous things then throw together some funnies at the end. I need to stop with the "serious bars". Thanks for watching though.

maybe u confident on the inside

but i think hes right n ud benefit by showing it or faking it more or w.e
stay sarcastic tho.. nobody doing that real big rn
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #45
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
then being called the wrong name.....and you're the main event
@OrganikHipHop

u know we like u man but what the hell is all this ? these dudes putting in work and trying to build their thing ;

u should see this and feel bad ; i feel bad ; hows a guy supposed to feel after this type of nonsense happens ? these 2 guys totally disillusioned and full of resentment ;

ur gay man
Old 01-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #46
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
That thirty stitches dirty dishes put a knife in your mug was worth the watch that shit is so goddamn cold up there with some of my favorite lines of all time not sure why just love it. As for everything else there was dry spots and a lot of snooze worthy shit but that line 10/10
Those bars reminded me way too much of Bigg K to give Afterschock props for it. Thirty wishes dirty dishes in the kitchen whipping hard and whatnot. Dope battle though, not sure why half of the video was people drinkin other than to show why Bishop was so fucked up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:13 PM   #47
uuuununnn
IM SPITTIN OUT THUNDER

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
uuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarcticauuuununnn is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i had a CLEAR W for aftershock ; idc about slip ups or w/e but aftershock was connecting much better ;

my personal advice to aftershock is to get a more gimmicky mustache or beard situation ; the one hes got is holding him back i think

and my personal advice to bishop is to brush ur teeth man wtf dude
Old 01-20-2015, 04:25 PM   #48
Step Easy
@stepeasy3rdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
@OrganikHipHop

u know we like u man but what the hell is all this ? these dudes putting in work and trying to build their thing ;

u should see this and feel bad ; i feel bad ; hows a guy supposed to feel after this type of nonsense happens ? these 2 guys totally disillusioned and full of resentment ;

ur gay man
Its not even like that tho lol I have nothing against them, it was their bdays I totally get why they wanted to get juiced. Just sucked that it was that particular night. Either way it doesn't really matter.
Old 01-20-2015, 05:38 PM   #49
west coast style

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
west coast style is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
@OrganikHipHop

lol and then they decide to put it in the video so we have to wait 5 minutes to actually get to the battle
west coast style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #50
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I got the impression you 2 weren't feeling this battle (at least the energy in the room) but waiting for a hour, damn, that'll kill any hype. its a shame you 2 were in some of the first kotd battles I watched, and you got tycoon tax getting air for shit bars on the big stage, and you guys get a wasted bishop.

Could've been a sick battle. PUT SOME BASS IN THAT BITCH VOICE AND LEARN TO PROJECT.

Step got it on consistency, Shocks first round was sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:07 PM   #51
deathstare
thebraidthemyththelegend

Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
deathstare has seen da-feet
Am i trippin or were both if yall off on this battle? Seems like yall are buddies and there wasnt that hunger or agro edge ??? Am i trippin..it happens

1 - THE KANG
2 - TONY SHARKS
3 - CASUAL
4 - THACITY
5 - VAallDAY
6 - Kbomb
7 - brodeezy
8 - Willy Pilgrim
9 - Yagerbomb
10- Adarone
deathstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:12 PM   #52
Step Easy
@stepeasy3rdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstare View Post
Am i trippin or were both if yall off on this battle? Seems like yall are buddies and there wasnt that hunger or agro edge ??? Am i trippin..it happens
This is true.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:30 PM   #53
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Having watched a whole lot of @Aftershock battles, he's at his best being flippant and dare I say a douchebag. Aggression from him works based on how he looks and it propels performance.

Step has a style that works in multiple leagues, but it's a showmanship kind of thing. There are great performers with much, much, much (exponent 3) worse bars than he has said, but they'll get recognition for performance alone.

Picture Step getting to... *scratches chin* a Thesaurus level of performance, with what he's saying. He would never lose in Canada, unless we go back to the horrible judging KOTD days of old.

(Seriously their judges consisted of random barbers and Canadian Tire employees I fuckin swear)

-Some guy from Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:55 PM   #54
Aftershock
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathstare View Post
we're in a crew called the Best Friends Gang tbh

yeah, I gotta stop battling cats I respect and just battle dudes I either don't know or don't like
Old 01-20-2015, 07:31 PM   #55
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is not the worst person
Quote:
lack of rehearsal is directly linked to confidence

Quote:
yeah that's lame, someone tag organik, i want big trav to apologize to young step

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:46 PM   #56
Hanzaki

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hanzaki is not the worst person
Quote:
Sorry guys, that 3rd round really pissed me off. I knew that material and in the heat of the moment I blanked.

I really liked my First and 2nd round, but it got crickets at the venue, and Step had a monsterous 3rd imo.

Haven't seen the footage, not sure if I want to. The lead up to this battle was not ideal either. Oh well. I remember thinking I took it 2-1, but can't be upset with someone thinking Step did also.

Props to him, he killed it.
I think you're dope. You just need a break out performance. Like everyone on here other than me hated @SketchMenace until he battled Soul, now people are upset he isn't on the new Blackout card.
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:50 PM   #57
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1466 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
I can't believe how much footage of grown men taking a shot I had to scroll through
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:11 PM   #58
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Battle wasn't half bad but put all the shots and drinking shenanigans on the KOTD Media channel.
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:22 PM   #59
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzaki View Post
I think you're dope. You just need a break out performance. Like everyone on here other than me hated @SketchMenace until he battled Soul, now people are upset he isn't on the new Blackout card.
maple had me watch that and sketch had a lot of good shit that i am very confident he didn't write himself

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 01-21-2015, 01:23 AM   #60
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Always been a fan of Step, never really been a fan of Aftershock
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:36 AM   #61
irvsykeg

lmao didn't watch it yet but is there like 10 minutes of organik doing shots and shit?

AY YAOW AY YAOW, 2 YAGA BOMBS TO MY LEFT.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:09 PM   #63
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
I actually really liked the intro, although I can understand how frustrating it must've been for the battlers.
But imo it gave the battle a more familiar vibe.. like something that DF would do, I dug it.
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 07:49 PM   #64
deathstare
thebraidthemyththelegend

Mentioned: 330 Post(s)
deathstare has seen da-feet
Quote:
we're in a crew called the Best Friends Gang tbh

yeah, I gotta stop battling cats I respect and just battle dudes I either don't know or don't like
I can dig it. When is Best Friends Gangs mixtaoe BFFs coming out?

1 - THE KANG
2 - TONY SHARKS
3 - CASUAL
4 - THACITY
5 - VAallDAY
6 - Kbomb
7 - brodeezy
8 - Willy Pilgrim
9 - Yagerbomb
10- Adarone
deathstare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:33 AM   #65
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Not feeling this battle. I usually like both of these guys, but the only really hot round was Aftershock's first. By splitting up the material, Shock could have won this, but he ran completely out of steam and Step won.

Edit: Actually flicking back through the comments gives me a lot more appreciation for the B/S these guys had to endure before their battle, so I kinda understand why it has a weird vibe.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT

Last edited by Emancee; 01-22-2015 at 03:39 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:40 AM   #66
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
saying chaka khan is "ratchet" is like saying celine dion is "trashy"

other than that, step kinda incinerated aftershocks boots

always thought step was dope, but every time i see him battle he has a couple stumbles. his pen game official tho

aftershock is just okay, really. i mean, he's not horrible, and he can rhyme words, but he needs to up his creativity or something, because there's a billion other people who can rhyme. something's missing
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 04:55 AM   #67
irvsykeg

Quote:
aftershock is just okay, really. i mean, he's not horrible, and he can rhyme words, but he needs to up his creativity or something, because there's a billion other people who can rhyme. something's missing
he does what everyone else can do and isn't creative or interesting. on what planet is this not considered terrible and a waste of time to watch?

up your standards battle fans, jeez

sick sig fam SICK SIG

Old 01-22-2015, 05:01 AM   #68
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
[passive aggressive subtext]i dont think the dude is terrible, just not my cup of tea. no reason to be rude. he's just your average kotd rapper imo.[/passive aggressive subtext]
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:05 AM   #69
irvsykeg

yeah and people tolerating super mediocre shit is the reason why the average kotd rapper sucks. the average should be better than shitty, but whatever

Old 01-22-2015, 05:29 AM   #70
Aftershock
VIP

Quote:
yeah and people tolerating super mediocre shit is the reason why the average kotd rapper sucks. the average should be better than shitty, but whatever
You know, I asked if you had any constructive criticism and you offered nothing, I left it at that and thought we had a mutual understanding that you just weren't digging my shit. It's fine, not everyone will.

Now you're back in here trying to blame me for every KOTD rapper you don't like? wtf?

I get it dude, YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I DO. Message received. Fuck off, geez lol.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:33 AM   #71
irvsykeg

if you read my last posts and didn't think any of that was constructive or was "nothing" than you are a complete and utter dolt who is looking only for props and pats on the back.

i am blaming the fans for tolerating wack shit, not just from you (i don't think you are on main cards and people don't check for you, no offense) but from everyone

the fact people can say "you aren't original and nothing you say is very good" or whatever and then be like BUT YOU AREN'T BAD is a joke

battle fans: complete assholes when talking about good people when they aren't around, total pussies when a mediocre/bad dude is present

Old 01-22-2015, 05:34 AM   #72
irvsykeg

my post has little to do with you and more to do with battle fans in general and i have been echoing those sentiments long before you performed your 16 bar rounds of sloppily written boring filler, take a chill pill mr earthquake

Old 01-22-2015, 05:34 AM   #73
SkippyMacDotCom

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
SkippyMacDotCom is not the worst person
Quote:
Meh, kill 'em with kindness ya feel me?

Really surprised no one was fucking with my 2nd round or what i did get out of my 3rd. I personally thought I had a lot of great shit.

Is it douchey if I vote for myself? Doesn't matter, cuz I'm gonna anyway.
I fux'd with it a lil bit. Oh, you mean in the room. Yea, some of your shit is hard for everyone to really "get" on the spot and you do multiple-bar fillerish builds a lot; if you build momentum with ramp-up shit for a few bars and then do something that only a portion of the crowd is gonna understand, you risk leaving a big dead spot. Shorter attacks or simpler finishes would benefit you. But don't change too much, you got your own style.

Dunno who won. I've seen both do better before, but both did pretty good aside from the obvious stumbles. Cool watch.
SkippyMacDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:38 AM   #74
irvsykeg

aftershock's writing is like more or less sketch level just without the donated haymakers from friends

lots of filler setups leading to a very thin angle as a punchline. sorry, i can't have more constructive criticism since you obviously think your angles and punches are good enough to use.

step is kind of a hard person to write for probably, but whatever KEEP BANGIN

Old 01-22-2015, 05:45 AM   #75
Aftershock
VIP

Quote:
if you read my last posts and didn't think any of that was constructive or was "nothing" than you are a complete and utter dolt who is looking only for props and pats on the back.

i am blaming the fans for tolerating wack shit, not just from you (i don't think you are on main cards and people don't check for you, no offense) but from everyone

the fact people can say "you aren't original and nothing you say is very good" or whatever and then be like BUT YOU AREN'T BAD is a joke

battle fans: complete assholes when talking about good people when they aren't around, total pussies when a mediocre/bad dude is present
After I asked about constructive criticism you responded with:

"my advice wouldn't be helpful, it'd be like, "be better" but it's not like you can suddenly be hilarious"

what part of that was constructive?

Also, if I openly asked for constructive criticism, how the fuck would I only be looking for "props and pats on the back"? And I'm the utter dolt? riiiiight.

Fact is, some cats write that they don't like what I do. You'll read other posts where ppl say I had the round of the battle, some others where they say I dominated. Some cats like, some cats don't. I wade through the posts and try to find the ones where I can learn/improve from.

I'm not really into the back and forth shit, I've just seen you respond numerous times that you think I suck, which is fine. I just don't understand the constant need for it is all.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:52 AM   #76
Aftershock
VIP

I will now commence chilling with my pill
Old 01-22-2015, 05:57 AM   #77
SkippyMacDotCom

@Aftershock He's just trying to say he doesn't want anyone to cosign you because he doesn't like what you do and doesn't want you or several other guys to get more popular.

Anytime anyone asks me about DNA I go on a similar campaign saying no one should like him and his battles are wasted bookings that should go to someone skilled.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:56 AM   #78
irvsykeg

Quote:
After I asked about constructive criticism you responded with:

"my advice wouldn't be helpful, it'd be like, "be better" but it's not like you can suddenly be hilarious"

what part of that was constructive?

Also, if I openly asked for constructive criticism, how the fuck would I only be looking for "props and pats on the back"? And I'm the utter dolt? riiiiight.

Fact is, some cats write that they don't like what I do. You'll read other posts where ppl say I had the round of the battle, some others where they say I dominated. Some cats like, some cats don't. I wade through the posts and try to find the ones where I can learn/improve from.

I'm not really into the back and forth shit, I've just seen you respond numerous times that you think I suck, which is fine. I just don't understand the constant need for it is all.
"you just have tons of filler and shitty filler at that. IM SPITTIN TIL MY TONGUE POPS HIT EM WITH A SUN SPOT or whatever. you need to pick better angles to work from, not ultra thin shit like "you reference seinfeld, so here, i will reference seinfeld" be more direct with an angle and actually diss someone for it."

if that's not constructive and helpful then idk what you're looking for

you also just directly state your angle when it's so weak it can't stand on its own. "learn to project your voice" or whatever you said. that is not a hard enough angle to close the line on. it's basically so thin that it's filler. you should turn that into something funny or a more unique way to illustrate he can't project his shit.

this would be like ness ending his line on "REMEMBER YOUR FUCKING LINES" instead of painting a hilarious and unique picture with his "imagine if jordan forgot what he was doin there" shit against loe.

does this make sense? is this constrictive? is your lil richter scale picking this up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkippyMacDotCom View Post
@Aftershock He's just trying to say he doesn't want anyone to cosign you because he doesn't like what you do and doesn't want you or several other guys to get more popular.
no, idc if people like him, its just dumb that when ppl think he isnt good they're still like YEAH GOOD SHIT, that's retarded

Last edited by irvsykeg; 01-22-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:00 AM   #79
SkippyMacDotCom

Oh, oh like since he's in the thread, I see. Yea dunno if it's the case for anybody here in specific but would be pretty dumb
Old 01-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #80
irvsykeg

aftershock just shattup and listen to me i have forgotten better bars than you've written take my word as gospel I AM THE TRUTH

Tags
fl3, fl3gz, please lock thread, stinky vs smelly