Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So, what did you guys think?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:24 PM   #1
st0ned
Contributor

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
st0ned is not the worst person
So, what did you guys think?

I know we had some cancelations (trust me, no one was more disappointed than myself) but I tried to make up for it as best I could with some short notice battles that I thought turned out great. Overall I was very happy with how everything turned out. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement, but what I want to know is what did you think of my first event?
st0ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:27 PM   #2
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
dna not showing up probably made it better than it would have been otherwise lol
ghettonetics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:29 PM   #3
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

ghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarcticaghettonetics is better than Grind Time Antarctica
cool event tho overall good job friend
Old 05-18-2015, 11:31 PM   #4
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Most of the battles were on point, even the replacements. Pat vs Cal and Xcel vs Danny were disappointing, but that's out of your control. Overall, better than Teddy Grizzle. Lol
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #5
FILTH
Jesucio

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
FILTH is not the worst person
good event. good battles. little difficulties with the ppv here and there nothing major. hope you throw another one.. thanks
FILTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:15 AM   #6
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
honestly?

*edit

well, first off, for the first time in a long time i watched the bootlegs instead of ordering the event. i dont normally do this, but somebody with kotd attempted to deceive unwitting battle rap fans by doing some really suspect shit, and riding off the wave of url's NOME5. i dont blame you, stoned, for this, but it sucks that it happened, and in my mind, what the saboteur was doing was akin to bootlegging, and i cant in good conscience give money to an organization that does things like that

the battles i saw were ok, but i heard that there were a lot of issues with the quality of the stream.

rone vs goodz was EXACTLY what i expected, and had predicted. pat vs calicoe was about what i expected too. nothing too exciting or surprising, but it was a pretty solid first event. it was better than ditd and botb7, i think. i maybe watched a total of 5 rounds from those two events combined.

i dont wanna compare it to NOME5, because that doesnt seem fair as it was your first event, BUT it was also $30, and if NOME5 wasnt so cheap and flawless, i'd say that the event would've been worth my $30 under different, less scandalous circumstances regarding the promotion of the ppv

i'd suggest less "style clash" battles in the future tho

Last edited by 6000GP; 05-19-2015 at 12:29 AM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:19 AM   #7
st0ned
Contributor

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
st0ned is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
honestly?

Absolutely
st0ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:52 AM   #9
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Gonna offer an honest opinion for feedback. Definitely no hatred involved and wish you the best.

Felt like the timing of battles was a bit off. Would've preferred if it built up a bit more in terms of momentum, as I found having all the one rounders in a row, despite them being good for what they were, killing the vibe the last half of the event. Was too long as well, from my perspective. I was at home watching the PPV with a friend and we debated leaving before Pat vs Calicoe to go see an early showing of Mad Max. We didn't and I was glad I didn't, but Con vs Chilla was pretty dead during. Conceited in particular had some fire lines that got slept on because the crowd was dead (that Scrooge bar was best of the battle imo). Maybe having it earlier, considering the type of bars, would've worked better. I know Chilla headlined but even so; him being earlier would've been better.

I actually felt like you could've had more people. It didn't seem that packed. Even for a pit, without mics, you could probably have done 100 more.

Highlights for me? Bigg K vs Ill Will was really good. Con and Chilla was when I watched it again the day after. E Farrell was good. Just...the event was too long. Also, was there venue security? I've heard there wasn't and there really should be.

Hope you put more events on out there and this one wasn't too big of a loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:07 AM   #10
Hanzaki

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hanzaki is not the worst person
I didn't get to watch it live. I really enjoyed it though. I thought the replacement battles were actually really good. I thought everyone brought their best except Goodz, tbf Rone was a little underwhelming. I've never said this before in my life but I wish Rone vs Goodz and Arsonal vs Caustic had been unlimited.

The event was long. It felt like there was a little too much time between battles.

I agree DNA not showing was kinda a boon because another battle and a longer battle would have been way too long. I think each day should have 8 battles max. Plus Dan vs K Shine was great for short notice.

Hope you do more I'll definitely be there next time.
Hanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:20 AM   #11
Bigzero

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Bigzero is not the worst person
Came across this yutube video which pretty much sums up my opinion on this event.

Bigzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:23 AM   #12
KellyBetz of NoCoast
Columbia, Missouri USA

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
KellyBetz of NoCoast is not the worst person
AMAZING!!!

Cancellations made it more exciting! Even tho I wanted to see Shotty and DNA

Caustic and K Shine put it on!!!

Way to go!
KellyBetz of NoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 01:28 AM   #13
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0ned View Post
I know we had some cancelations (trust me, no one was more disappointed than myself) but I tried to make up for it as best I could with some short notice battles that I thought turned out great. Overall I was very happy with how everything turned out. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement, but what I want to know is what did you think of my first event?
All I can say is I'm excited to see wat u do

U putting in effort and work n I hope it turns out really good for u
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:31 AM   #14
Rapsin
Queensbridge Murderer

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Rapsin is not the worst person
Con vs Chilla was dope as fuck

Crowd was dead as fuck
Rapsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:38 AM   #15
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The event was ok...I enjoyed most of the battles I watched on bootleg(I wont buy a ppv that has any battler from my bottom 10 in it,sorry)...I liked it better than several of the last few kotd events....I for one was disappointed at the dna no show...Otherwise you did decent

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:00 AM   #16
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i haven't seen anything at all from it....

but if i have your attention or whatever, if you had a buncha one rounders, next time you're booking an event, and MC so and so is like, yo i'll give ya a one rounder for that price , just respond "pffft. one rounders stink. get outta here, you. shoo shoo" and book someone else for 3

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #17
UserName

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
UserName is a PY Poster
I liked it. No complaints, good job.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #18
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Event was dope

i dont see what there is to bitch about,
for me the cancellations/replacements improved the event A LOT

K vs Will is a certified classsic

Ars vs Caustic is a great 1 rounder

I think Rone vs Goodz was exactly what is was always gon be and it was cool,ppl mad at Goodz repeated claim of money amount and the i dont care about the battle shit but that WAS HIS ANGLE, ppl are emo-Goodz was Goodz,they booked him to do what he does

Shine vs Dan: both got off (paus),how shine was startin to kinda kill him and had a lil blank/freestylin/interaction wit Dan moment ("where was I going?" dont know""me either" haha),then the Big T part-all just plain fun

Xcel vs Danny -choke was outa ur hands but upon watching it back after the footage fixed,shit was good battle

Pat vs Cal was slightly disappointing but will live in YT infamy I have no doubt

Pass vs Clips was better than expected, a damn good battle, a definitely better Clips than the Hollow battle

Con vs Chilla is the only battle I cant watch
it def needs the cam treatment to remove 80% of the predictin, I literally listened to it on audio only just to see if it was a good battle (again,out of ur hands)
altho i do advise not putting matches after the Main main event,especially potentially controversial ones

All in all- great event
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:57 PM   #19
I Love Multis

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I Love Multis probably likes in here/hair word play
Thought it was dope. Hope you did well and you plan another event for the area
I Love Multis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #20
Stolos

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Stolos is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
Came across this yutube video which pretty much sums up my opinion on this event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUmDRUy7C8
So you think Will beat K?
Stolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:45 PM   #21
coleowsuz
IhaveJungleFever

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
coleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australiacoleowsuz is better than Grind Time Australia
I think you put good matchups in place they just didn't turn out the way I had envisioned. Both Pat vs Cal and Chilla vs Conceited were extremely boring off first watch and had quite a few awkward moments.
As far as the replacement battles I don't even think you should have bothered. Both caustic vs Arsonal and DBD vs K shine were basically unwatchable in my eyes.
Ill Will vs Bigg K was phenomenal, one of my favorite battles of all time and I also enjoyed Pass vs Clips quite a bit.. Goodz vs Rone was decent..I didn't watch the rest, overall man not a great event but nothing you could have done. Next time less big names and more quality matchups
coleowsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:44 PM   #22
The Kang
99percent resembleMadIllz

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
The Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Kang is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I almost forgot...If you do another one please book Classic Pak...We all want to see what he can do in the ring...

Current Bottom 15 active battlers

1.Manik
2.Realistic
3.Lexx Luthor
4.Joe Cutter
5.Tycoon Tax
6.Tony D
7.Rum Nitty
8.Deadman
9.KG the Poet
10.Danny Myers
11.Bishop Brigante
12.Skelly
13.Bonnie Godiva
14.Ogmios
15.Pass
The Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #23
TheRoots10

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
TheRoots10 User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
It was pretty solid for a first event. Wasn't amazing or anything, but wasn't bad by any means.
TheRoots10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:04 PM   #24
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Sooooo....you for real paid goodz six thousand dollars for one round?

I think people are naturally curious about the large amount of money that was spent on this event given the small crowd etc.

Are you independently wealthy or you have some silent partners or something? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the event, that's what matters. You should spend your money on things that make you happy.
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:40 AM   #25
ToddMargaret

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
ToddMargaret is not the worst person
it was a good event, you should be happy!
BUT if all the price rumors are correct you must have taken a big fucking loss?!

Also , please no more one rounders
ToddMargaret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:52 AM   #26
ghettonetics
iWalkthisplanetkeyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMargaret View Post
it was a good event, you should be happy!
BUT if all the price rumors are correct you must have taken a big fucking loss?!

Also , please no more one rounders
fuck this guy, every event from now on should have ONE 1-round battle especially if its a url guy ur booking, goodz killed that shit
Old 05-22-2015, 09:30 AM   #27
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Sooooo....you for real paid goodz six thousand dollars for one round?

I think people are naturally curious about the large amount of money that was spent on this event given the small crowd etc.

Are you independently wealthy or you have some silent partners or something? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the event, that's what matters. You should spend your money on things that make you happy.
To be all objective and constructive and what not, asking those business particulars (partners, amounts spent, etc) might not be info that would be best stated publicly. If not for Osborn's preference, then for the throes of users who will just regurgitate with "omg you paid out $xxx you're dumb bruh" posts. Then again, I could be wary of basement trolldom, and this is good info to know. F**k if I know.

Bought the PPV post-launch. I'm still apprehensive with a fear that a PPV will bomb in quality/reliability for me to do it live at certain price points. I'm impressed that even the last-minute battle rearrangements worked out much better than in past situations.

Overall, @st0ned, I hoped it worked out somewhere in a range that makes you want to do this again. Thanks for posting on here and asking for feedback from the fans.
grandgroove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:27 AM   #28
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 836 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
It's true, but since the battler(s) put it out there then that's what makes ppl want to know if its true

There's already been a few threads about the Goodz one rounder specifically.
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote