Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
KOTD - #WD5 - Announcement #13

Old 07-30-2015, 09:22 PM   #81
Jack Deuce
Media

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Jack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICEJack Deuce is NICE
Never change JVL, never change
Old 07-30-2015, 09:27 PM   #82
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Pilgrim View Post
Tycoon Tax sucks but he's still just as good if not better than a lot of KOTD's "top tier" Candians. He's just as good as Charron Bulletz Pat Stay Hollohan etc. Shit he's even better than Arcane and a lot more authentic too. Arcane shouldn't even have a pass to use gun bars. He should be rapping about impersonating people's girlfriend's online and bitching up hard and snitching on his friend when confronted about it. Those would be "real talk" bars from him.
Pesci, bender, sketch, pat, twist and osa are the only Canadians worth booking for big cards. No other Canadians are good enough to be on WD or BO.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #83
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Pesci, bender, sketch, pat, twist and osa are the only Canadians worth booking for big cards. No other Canadians are good enough to be on WD or BO.
I watched that SKetch vs Reverse Live battle. He was actually pretty decent. Good writer and performed well but his delivery is super irritating. I would not want to listen to a song with him rapping like that. Osa is very inconsistent. He must not go to trial to often because he's not the greatest public speaker. Tbh I don't think I've watched a Kid Twist battle since 2010. Pat is Pat. Bender is probably KOTD Canada's best writer and Pesci...well you know.
Willy Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:40 PM   #84
Gopher D'Gusto

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Gopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time AntarcticaGopher D'Gusto is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
Then maybe the city itself isn't actually the foundation for the league in terms of the talent pool and booking Tax is grasping at straws when it comes to "sticking to our roots," no? The only reason I can stomach is that he brings local peeps to the venue.
Oh no, I agree with you. I just think there's more to it than bringing peeps to the venue. Maybe geography isn't the best example. There's definitely a loyalty factor to it, though. It's the same reason Lexx is on the main card and Xcel, Isaac, and Cityy are GZ.
Gopher D'Gusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #85
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Willy Pilgrim is better than Grind Time AustraliaWilly Pilgrim is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
Oh no, I agree with you. I just think there's more to it than bringing peeps to the venue. Maybe geography isn't the best example. There's definitely a loyalty factor to it, though. It's the same reason Lexx is on the main card and Xcel, Isaac, and Cityy are GZ.
Im pretty sure Lexx lives in Toronto and is great at sucking up to Canadians. He probably feels more at home battling here than NY.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:48 PM   #86
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Nah it absolutely has to do with bringing people to the venue. We got the least knowledgable crowd in the world, easily. People legit come to see their homies or local rappers come to battle and know very little beyond that. It's embarrassing sometimes.

A card without Charron/tax would have significantly worse attendance.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:29 PM   #87
Aftershock
VIP

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Aftershock is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
Isn't Tricky from Toronto? He's better than Tax.

Is Skelly from Toronto? Because he's better than Tax.

Scandalis is from Toronto, better believe he's better than Tax.

Luciano Crakk? Torontonian, not great, still better than Tax.

@Aftershock you from Toronto? Because damn straight you're better than Tax.

Step Easy might be from there, is he better than Tax? Yup.

Bishop Brigante? Toronto native, and a hell of a lot better than Tax.

HFK?

Ok maybe not.

Point still stands.

Appreciate the shout out/nod. If you guys wanna see me on these cards again you gotta tell Ganik and them. I'm also moving onto the finals of the GZGP, so not sure they would have booked me anyway (even for a day 3). I'd like to get back on the mainpage but thats not really up to me to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aftershock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:34 PM   #88
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftershock View Post
Appreciate the shout out/nod. If you guys wanna see me on these cards again you gotta tell Ganik and them. I'm also moving onto the finals of the GZGP, so not sure they would have booked me anyway (even for a day 3). I'd like to get back on the mainpage but thats not really up to me to decide.

Shocker is so humble. He makes a great subordinate.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:50 PM   #89
Aftershock
VIP

Quote:
Shocker is so humble. He makes a great subordinate.

JVL, so passive yet so aggressive.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:53 PM   #90
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
JVL, so passive yet so aggressive.

lol cmon bro. You have a red name. Know your worth. The revolution cannot be youtubed.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:59 PM   #91
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

@Aftershock what's the point of writing and performing 3 verses that someone else now owns for 2500 views? You could do that yourself.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #92
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
I mean. Wouldn't it be better and cheaper to just not have these matches? Wouldn't it look like a more whole, stronger product if you were batting a thousand with just 8 or 10 dope ones?

"Oh it's just bandwagon shit, it's just popular to hate."

Nah bitch. There's a reason so many people don't dig. Save some money, leagues.

Edit; Not a swipe at J-Pro. He's good and deserves better. J-Pro vs someone deserving of a bigger stage.

...J-Pro vs @illipsis. Shouts vs. giggles. Set it up Ganik.
Giggle bars

Peep the fridge, that's where my pickles are!
Old 07-30-2015, 11:16 PM   #93
Coma
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Coma is not the worst person
J-Pro 20-0
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:32 PM   #94
Aftershock
VIP

Quote:
@Aftershock what's the point of writing and performing 3 verses that someone else now owns for 2500 views? You could do that yourself.

I like performing and I want to win this tournament (also the $)

I think I can win this thing and eventually the title. It's a hobby. Not much else beyond that.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:36 PM   #95
Willy Pilgrim
Banned

Quote:
I like performing and I want to win this tournament (also the $)

I think I can win this thing and eventually the title. It's a hobby. Not much else beyond that.
True the money would be an incentive. You're a good guy Shocker so I'm not gonna criticize you too much.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:41 PM   #96
Aftershock
VIP

Quote:
True the money would be an incentive. You're a good guy Shocker so I'm not gonna criticize you too much.

Thanks....hope you're well JVL
Old 07-30-2015, 11:59 PM   #97
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
I dunno man, I swear they billed it as the Olympics one time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_o...rld_Domination

I guess "the Olympics of Battle Rap" was a one time subtitle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
I legit feel bad for J-pro, seems like a humble cat
Jpro is humble to you? I mean, if you like the guy, or identify with him or whatever, then cool, but now you're just making shit up.

Quote:
Tycoon Tax sucks but he's still just as good if not better than a lot of KOTD's "top tier" Candians. He's just as good as Charron Bulletlz Pat Stay Hollohan etc. Shit he's even better than Arcane and a lot more authentic too.
I kinda agree. He's really not that bad. Top-tier, idk, but apparently Canadia's savior, Drake, cosigns him. I think people just don't like his personality and because of that, maybe resent that he gets main page / big card battles. If I dont watch this battle it wont be because of tax, it'll be because I can't take Jpro screaming every bar the same way, and stopping after every other line to congratulate himself, tell us what the theme of his bars are, or some other cheeky, conversational interruption.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:39 AM   #98
Bawlin

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Bawlin is better than Grind Time AustraliaBawlin is better than Grind Time Australia
Two top tier niggas
Old 07-31-2015, 05:48 AM   #99
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
watching tycoon tax is about as enjoyable as paying some tycoon's taxes, am i right? ugh.

fuckin boooooooo

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:45 AM   #100
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

@OrganikHipHop next time you think about booking Lexx Luthor, please book Aftershock instead!!
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:55 AM   #101
greatposter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
greatposter is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
Isn't Tricky from Toronto? He's better than Tax.

Is Skelly from Toronto? Because he's better than Tax.

Scandalis is from Toronto, better believe he's better than Tax.

Luciano Crakk? Torontonian, not great, still better than Tax.

@Aftershock you from Toronto? Because damn straight you're better than Tax.

Step Easy might be from there, is he better than Tax? Yup.

Bishop Brigante? Toronto native, and a hell of a lot better than Tax.

HFK?

Ok maybe not.

Point still stands.
this. hfk is a thousand times more entertaining then tax, and was also in kotd from the begining, and isnt he also from toronto? there is literally no reason to book tax over HFK. its actually pretty weak that HFK keeps getting sidelined over the tax esque battler's.
ive rewatched old hfk battles a bunch of times because the dude is hilarious and actually has replay value.

real question here. has anyone ever watched a tax battle more then once, and if they did, was it for tax? what about porich? it would be nice to once have a major event without tax shoehorned in, literally no one cares about him or wants to watch him whatsoever except maybe some of his irl friends. i doubt they even like him as a battler.
greatposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:50 AM   #102
murkfest

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
murkfest is a PY Poster
man, this is getting a lot of attention for a battle that supposedly no one cares about lol
murkfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:05 AM   #103
Zander

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Zander is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopher D'Gusto View Post
The only good things that comes of this are the endless nameflip possibilities combining Pro/Tax (like a CPA...Pro getting paid to deal with Tax)
Pro 'bout to bag Tax in the ring like Mick Foley!!!

Zander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:06 AM   #104
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatposter View Post
this. hfk is a thousand times more entertaining then tax, and was also in kotd from the begining, and isnt he also from toronto? there is literally no reason to book tax over HFK. its actually pretty weak that HFK keeps getting sidelined over the tax esque battler's.
ive rewatched old hfk battles a bunch of times because the dude is hilarious and actually has replay value.

real question here. has anyone ever watched a tax battle more then once, and if they did, was it for tax? what about porich? it would be nice to once have a major event without tax shoehorned in, literally no one cares about him or wants to watch him whatsoever except maybe some of his irl friends. i doubt they even like him as a battler.
i watched 1 and a half rounds against Cortez
the whole Shotgun Suge battle (whhhhhhhhy)
and 1 round aginst Rum Nity, then i learnt my lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:07 AM   #105
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zander View Post
Pro 'bout to bag Tax in the ring like Mick Foley!!!

Dayuuuuuum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:31 AM   #106
BrotherMouzone

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
BrotherMouzone is not the worst person
I feel like J-Pro has had nothing but good showings for 12 months now so I don't see why he deserves this shit
BrotherMouzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:40 PM   #107
BATTLERAP BITCH
I'm a white boy

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
BATTLERAP BITCH is not the worst person
Worst match that will ever happen in the history of battlerap. -6/10
Old 07-31-2015, 02:58 PM   #108
Aristocrat
Kubrick script

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Aristocrat is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
Dayuuuuuum!
see if he had of said that shit without the picture I woulda been like

Old 07-31-2015, 11:40 PM   #109
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
Is this the last announcement?
Jaybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #110
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Why do KOTD keep pushing Tycoon Tax? Nobody likes him! Why does PoRich get a shitty day 3 battle and this nigga Tax is on the card. Shits retarded!
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:54 AM   #111
TheRoots10

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
TheRoots10 User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
I like this matchup. Bulletz was definitely going to be on the card. Him and DNA are good matchup. Perfect battle I'll never have to waste my time watching. Wrong thread

Sent from my HUAWEI Y530-U051 using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheRoots10; 08-01-2015 at 12:56 AM.
TheRoots10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:08 AM   #112
Battlehogg

Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoots10 View Post
I like this matchup. Bulletz was definitely going to be on the card. Him and DNA are good matchup. Perfect battle I'll never have to waste my time watching. Wrong thread

This is the Tycoon Tax hate thread. Your in the wrong place b!
Old 08-01-2015, 01:09 AM   #113
TheRoots10

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
TheRoots10 User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
This is the Tycoon Tax hate thread. Your in the wrong place b!
I already gave my hate. But yeah, fuck Tax

TheRoots10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:15 AM   #114
Battlehogg

What pisses me off most about this tax nigga is that you just know he would be a douche irl. The type to front on you when all his boys are with him but if you catch him by himself it's all ayo my man wassup!
Old 08-01-2015, 11:31 PM   #115
J-Pro
Contributor

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
J-Pro is not the worst person
Sheeeeeeesh!!!!!!
J-Pro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wd5, world domination