Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
So.. I watched Bodied

Old 11-10-2018, 07:03 AM   #1
god level

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
So.. I watched Bodied

In downtown Chicago

didn't want to believe it but it was fire fuck it up until a mediocre ending. Def had some moments

anybody else peeped this? what did u think
god level is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #2
FORCEDMULTI

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
FORCEDMULTI is not the worst person
I saw it last night in NY. I kept my expectations low and they were met lol. Gonna wait for a spoilers thread to actually go in on scenes etc.

My overall thought was that If you’re not a fan of this shit than this movie will seem of weird af. For a fan tho, I thought it was about as good as you could do capturing this aspect of “the culture.” There were moments that I thought were spot on and others that were kinda cringey.

I thought the concept of the battle rap nerd wet dream of becoming a battle rapper was a interesting way to do this.

As for the very end, I legit didn’t get it lol. And yeah, the whole finale thing was kinda lame. Tbh I thought the movie was like 20mins too long and I was kinda done after awhile.

Shit had many moments tho. It was def a “love letter to battle rap”

Diz was great. Came off like a legit star In this thing. He’s so dramatic already so his presence and bars are kinda elevated on the big screen.

Thought Dumb was aight. His part mighta been a lil too big. Had to do a lot for a guy who’s not necessarily an actor. He shined in his battle scenes (obvs) but he had to do comedy and serious scenes with a message too. It was aight but a lil cheesey at points.

The dude who played “Adam” was a tough watch for me. Tho I thought he did a decent job channeling ‘09 Kid Twist.

Thought all the battle hosts were hilariously spot on (Dirt Nasty, Milonakis, Charlamagne).

And all the battler cameos made me laugh

I give it 2-1 in favor of the fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FORCEDMULTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:18 AM   #3
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORCEDMULTI View Post
I saw it last night in NY. I kept my expectations low and they were met lol. Gonna wait for a spoilers thread to actually go in on scenes etc.

My overall thought was that If you’re not a fan of this shit than this movie will seem of weird af. For a fan tho, I thought it was about as good as you could do capturing this aspect of “the culture.” There were moments that I thought were spot on and others that were kinda cringey.

I thought the concept of the battle rap nerd wet dream of becoming a battle rapper was a interesting way to do this.

As for the very end, I legit didn’t get it lol. And yeah, the whole finale thing was kinda lame. Tbh I thought the movie was like 20mins too long and I was kinda done after awhile.

Diz was great. Came off like a legit star In this thing. He’s so dramatic already so his presence and bars are kinda elevated on the big screen.

Thought Dumb was aight. His part mighta been a lil too big. Had to do a lot for a guy who’s not necessarily an actor. He shined in his battle scenes (obvs) but he had to do comedy and serious scenes with a message too. It was aight but a lil cheesey at points.

The dude who played “Adam” was a tough watch for me. Tho I thought he did a decent job channeling ‘09 Kid Twist.

Thought all the battle hosts were hilariously spot on (Dirt Nasty, Milonakis, Charlamagne).

its 2018 and you still using Tapatalk wow
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 05:24 AM   #4
god level

god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
I thought Tapatalk was a sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORCEDMULTI View Post

I agree with a lot of what you said upon revisiting the night I saw the movie
Though Adam the character did a pretty decent job to me. Also kept looking at him like he's related to that one Queen from Game of Thrones.
It was pretty hard not to grin at the fact you're watching these people on screen so I laughed at quite a few scenes..

I also hella enjoyed the dialogue where they were with their friends trying to define battle rap and also the hippie cafe.

Some actual gems in this movie
Old 11-14-2018, 03:04 AM   #5
Artemisdoom

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Artemisdoom is a PY Poster
Also saw it downtown chicago. Then again after i told the people i watch battles with. It was great, a really fucking well done satire. Was super happy when it started and I saw Big T first
Old 11-14-2018, 04:45 AM   #6
god level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisdoom View Post
Also saw it downtown chicago. Then again after i told the people i watch battles with. It was great, a really fucking well done satire. Was super happy when it started and I saw Big T first
Yes sir. Were you there at AMC 21 Friday? That's when I saw it and there weren't many showings. I can tell there were culture fans in the building and these adorable chicks behind me were giggling at most of the shit
Old 11-14-2018, 05:05 AM   #7
Artemisdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
Yes sir. Were you there at AMC 21 Friday? That's when I saw it and there weren't many showings. I can tell there were culture fans in the building and these adorable chicks behind me were giggling at most of the shit
yep! had to explain half the shits to a few people. saw it both times at 1010
Old 11-14-2018, 05:21 AM   #8
god level

Quote:
yep! had to explain half the shits to a few people. saw it both times at 1010
Ahh shit! I was there solo high off my mind. Was a great battle flick but I do understand why it can't have as much publicity as it should. i.e. battle rap culture itself.

The couple sitting next to me couldn't have been too comfortable. This white lady walked off in the middle of it and the guy followed shortly after. It added to the movie imo. fire
Old 11-14-2018, 05:25 AM   #9
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
My entire immediate family's seen it, and they loved it.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 05:25 AM   #10
Artemisdoom

Damn I was down in front, wish I couldve seen and laughed at whoever walked out. It was pretty limited screenings so whoever was going I'd think would be aware of what we were seeing.

Also that magical moment of seeing Lux and Hollow team up.... man. I havent felt that good since infinity war
Old 11-14-2018, 05:30 AM   #11
god level

Quote:
Damn I was down in front, wish I couldve seen and laughed at whoever walked out. It was pretty limited screenings so whoever was going I'd think would be aware of what we were seeing.

Also that magical moment of seeing Lux and Hollow team up.... man. I havent felt that good since infinity war
Yeah forsure but there was this fool in the mid section that was literally losing his shit had to stand up a few times cause I think he caught goosebumps at watching the battlers. Shit is surreal so I understood. And yeah I fux w the Lux & Hollow and how much they actually were in the movie. Their 2 on 2 was as good as ppl said it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
My entire immediate family's seen it, and they loved it.
Damn. That's great. Is it through the context of your affinity for battle rap that they loved it? Or did they genuinely enjoy it lol
Old 11-15-2018, 11:09 PM   #12
Detroit

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Detroit is a PY Poster
I wanna see it
Detroit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8216, 8217, 8220, 8221