Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
"Verb actually requested The Saurus"

Old 12-11-2016, 05:03 AM   #1
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
"Verb actually requested The Saurus"

I liked this battle, and the idea of it, but a few things are kind of strange to me.

People (mainly A LOT west coast guys) were like "Woah, Verb actually requested TheSaurus". Like it was some crazy honor, and that legitimized TheSaurus.

This type of language is demeaning.

I've seen interviews with west coast cats that think it's an honor for Verb to mention Thesaurus.

Thesaurus been a staple, and for Verb to cosign him is cool, but why should that legitimize him?

There is some weird inferiority complex in there that I didn't create, but I see.

Do you guys see what I am saying? Can some one articulate it better please?
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:10 AM   #2
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Shitty thread Mike. It's just a battle
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:15 AM   #3
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
I understand where you're coming from. I can only answer this with my own prospective cause I haven't heard too much downplaying.

One thing that I saw that annoyed me is that Chris Unbias for the first time since god knows when was watching the PPV and was straight shitting on The Saurus on twitter, that was unwarranted. I know they trade shots on twitter but that was mad petty.

Overall people will have different outlooks on battle rap based on what they watch most. for all I know I'm KOTD bias but I'd like to think I look at battle rap from the wider spectrum.

Any examples of people downplaying The Saurus in this context?
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:26 AM   #4
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
I understand where you're coming from. I can only answer this with my own prospective cause I haven't heard too much downplaying.

One thing that I saw that annoyed me is that Chris Unbias for the first time since god knows when was watching the PPV and was straight shitting on The Saurus on twitter, that was unwarranted. I know they trade shots on twitter but that was mad petty.

Overall people will have different outlooks on battle rap based on what they watch most. for all I know I'm KOTD bias but I'd like to think I look at battle rap from the wider spectrum.

Any examples of people downplaying The Saurus in this context?
most of the talk leading up to this battle was a lot of west coast guys trying to defend the fact that thesaurus was getting verb. "Verb actually called thesaurus out". like it was an honor. instead of them recognizing Thesaurus as a boss, and acting like he's beneath verb.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:40 AM   #5
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
most of the talk leading up to this battle was a lot of west coast guys trying to defend the fact that thesaurus was getting verb. "Verb actually called thesaurus out". like it was an honor. instead of them recognizing Thesaurus as a boss, and acting like he's beneath verb.
Hmm, I think it was meant well but came out in poor taste. I can see how supporters on the URL side or whatever questioning the battle so I think it was to try to shut them up but came out the wrong way. I'm pretty sure it was lush one that said "verb actually called thesaurus out" if I'm not mistaken.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #6
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlehogg View Post
Shitty thread Mike. It's just a battle
Yeah, you always kept it real with me. I think you are right.

@mods delete this bitch (this thread). Please. It is kinda pointless.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:58 AM   #7
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Mike you aren't wrong. Backpackers (at least the fanbase) has always been seeking approval of the street crowd
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:13 AM   #8
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
Mike you aren't wrong. Backpackers (at least the fanbase) has always been seeking approval of the street crowd
Yeah I felt like his boys were making him look bad by trying to defend the idea of them battling.

No one was like "Verb gonna get cooked, he hasn't caught a nice bag since Cortez, and that was years ago, Thesaurus been the most consistent dude."

They were all on some "wow respect to Verb for actually taking Thesaurus, that was so cool of him."..."if Verb shows up...."

Last edited by mike rigs; 12-11-2016 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:37 AM   #9
ux9 u so fine

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australiaux9 u so fine is better than Grind Time Australia
no no;

the thing that's interesting about "verb requesting Saurus " is that --

a )this implies verb would actually try

b ) Pete (and da fans ) been wanting this battle for years and thought it might not ever happen , so for verb to actually want this battle means more than just the league setting it up and paying verb to battle him which --

c ) means a whole lot more when u look at verbs track record on those west coast Kotd battles (minus Marv I guess ) where verb has taken L's and they've all been trivialized by verb fans [and white guy/west coast hat0rz] as "he didn't even care about it so it hardly ''''''matters''''' " sentiments

and yea , It might seem insulting in some kind of way that its even NOTEWORTHY that verb wanted Pete , but its actually just noteworthy that verb isn't as stuck up as SOME might think and does have that much respect for petes legendary status , as I DONT KNOW (personally ) how serious verb took illmac or even if he had any respect for that battle they had - when illmac is also a wc legend in his own right ofc
#amilyin?, deathtothehebs, #stormfrontiskkkotd, #youknowheistryingtokillhegoodchristainwhitemansup rise, #turnerdiaries, #14/88, #negronazi, #antonlavey #charlesmansonandnicholasshrek, #whitepower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Just came in here to say nigger and see if I get banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEEZY View Post
Don't drink n post kids
ux9 u so fine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:54 AM   #10
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaFreeCashier View Post
naw i think street dudes just like callin other street dudes backpackers when they disagree

as a backpacker (fanbase) i come here to say we dont care

how bout we dont read into it and take it as thesaurus being the most consistent battler to battle and verb isint
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:35 AM   #11
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
He already battled Caustic , Thesaurus , Dizaster , Danny's myers , and Daylyt tho so I don't get why the west would even care about an Aye Verb battle in that way. It's not the first time he been out there or battled a west coast cat.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #12
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Threads meaningless til 6000GP weighs in
Old 12-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #13
Profess

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
The Bunker is a cool league, and it makes sense that Verb would want to battle there.. it also makes sense that he'd want to Battle The Saurus there since he has been one of the top guys in the west for a while. But yeah, if you are saying that people are saying that it is some kind of honor for the saurus to be asked to battle Verb on his home territory then they are wrong. Arguably, the Saurus is doing Verb a favor by letting him get shine in a new popping league. On the other hand, if Verb asked for Pete at Summer Madness then that would be a compliment. Both guys are at the high end of their demographic.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:45 PM   #14
mulatto mutant

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
mulatto mutant is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
Threads meaningless til 6000GP weighs in
i agree with this sentiment

@6000GP do backpackers have an inferiority complex
mulatto mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #15
Rtongsta

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Rtongsta is better than Grind Time AustraliaRtongsta is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakneck View Post
He already battled Caustic , Thesaurus , Dizaster , Danny's myers , and Daylyt tho so I don't get why the west would even care about an Aye Verb battle in that way. It's not the first time he been out there or battled a west coast cat.
you forgot illmac
Old 12-12-2016, 12:45 AM   #16
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant View Post
i agree with this sentiment

@6000GP do backpackers have an inferiority complex
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 03:56 AM   #17
David Deas

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
David Deas is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
I liked this battle, and the idea of it, but a few things are kind of strange to me.

People (mainly A LOT west coast guys) were like "Woah, Verb actually requested TheSaurus". Like it was some crazy honor, and that legitimized TheSaurus.

This type of language is demeaning.

I've seen interviews with west coast cats that think it's an honor for Verb to mention Thesaurus.

Thesaurus been a staple, and for Verb to cosign him is cool, but why should that legitimize him?

There is some weird inferiority complex in there that I didn't create, but I see.

Do you guys see what I am saying? Can some one articulate it better please?
Because Saurus is not in Verb's weight class. Fans of KOTD may not know that, but fans of battle rap as a whole understand. The last time I watched Verb take on one of those guys it was Dizaster and the matchup was very one sided without Verb even trying.

Last edited by David Deas; 12-12-2016 at 04:00 AM.
David Deas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 04:45 AM   #18
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think I went with the "Verb actually requested TheSaurus" bit, just because the two previous time he'd been in L.A., he wasn't very good, and there were some fans wondering why Verb was getting another shot at a top name from out here.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:28 AM   #19
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
in today's issue of "battle rap fans overthink and misinterpret things"

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:36 AM   #20
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
In the grand scheme of battle rap not related specifically to the "Fresh Coast", Thesaurus is the nobody and Aye Verb is the legend.

Probably even to some West coast dudes. It's just that simple divide, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote