Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
The movie 'Bodied' getting bodied before its release!

Old 01-18-2017, 12:04 AM   #41
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
I'm not rooting for it to fail, but I'm certainly not expecting it to be good. I also don't think that being a battle rap fan means that you have to mindlessly throw your support at a movie about it, especially when the director is most known for Taylor Swift's music videos and the plot synopsis sounds like a whole lot of blech.

That, combined with it being labeled a racial satire instead of, say, a look into the culture, combined with Dizaster being a neck-tatted ~villanous~ battle rapper named Megaton, combined with Pat Stay coming out and saying "it's not going to be in theaters because it's too controversial!!!"

...yeah. I think the cynicism is warranted.
just peeped the imdb page for this. why aren't any of the battlers listed in the full cast list?
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:06 AM   #42
pityposter
aka ekelon

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
pityposter User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
yea..but he said the movie got bodied

then u asked how the movie got bodied

then i told u

then u talkin bout sumthin else

let me special it down for u:
in theatres is better so >>> than not in theatres..its like uh a benefit a great thing. they got fd
Yea but there was like 0% chance this was going to theatres

Where exactly was it officially announced it would be in theatres for this to have been "bodied" so badly that Hitchslap felt he needed to make another thread involving Diz
Old 01-18-2017, 12:10 AM   #43
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post

Where exactly was it officially announced it would be in theatres for this to have been "bodied" so badly that Hitchslap felt he needed to make another thread involving Diz
You should've sent Pat Stay a carrier pigeon sealed with a kiss with that info
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:11 AM   #44
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1158 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:

he says it was rejected last minute
edited not to be mean..
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:15 AM   #45
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
At what point did the director think someone would be like "honey, get the kids, let's go check out that 'Bodied' movie tonight at the Cinemark"???

That being said, you can't really fault Pat Stay lol, it's not like he's going to admit that it's straight to Netflix because the movie stinks.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:32 AM   #46
Fingers

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fingers is not the worst person
Pffffft, Calicoe wasn't in it. Hollywood called all the big battlers (that Twist wasn't intimidated by) and where was Calicoe.

Calicoe bottom tier.
Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:33 AM   #47
Fingers

I'm totally gonna watch this movie tho'. But my girl won't wanna watch it. But imma watch it hella times.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:34 AM   #48
Fingers

I probably won't let my teenage kids watch it. Even though I'm half-gangster, I don't let my kids watch rated R movies.
Old 01-18-2017, 12:36 AM   #49
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
lol it'll probably be BAR rated am I right guys *swish*
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #50
riffic's hypeman
whoa!!!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman riffic's hypeman
Quote:
lol it'll probably be BAR rated am I right guys *swish*
god damn!!!!
riffic's hypeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:51 AM   #51
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
It'd be dope if it was a Nutty professor type situation where all the Battlers parts are played by Eddie Murphy in various fat suits
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 12:54 AM   #52
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic's hypeman View Post
god damn!!!!
#salute
Quote:
Old 01-18-2017, 12:58 AM   #53
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Battle rap fans are never happy is the conclusion i've come to
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:00 AM   #54
riffic
RYD ;

if you aren't excited for a movie headlined by Anthony Michael Hall in 2017, what DOES excite you?
Quote:
Old 01-18-2017, 01:05 AM   #55
Fingers

Calum Worthy is mad funny in Austin & Ally tho.

Seen em' all. Trust.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:14 AM   #56
riffic
RYD ;

Bro. It's like, how can you see the talent in this movie and not fuck with it? Smh. Cynical fucks.
Quote:
Old 01-18-2017, 01:21 AM   #57
Scartown

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Scartown is better than Grind Time AustraliaScartown is better than Grind Time Australia
Does this mean that an Oscar nom is out of the question?

I was looking forward to diz acceptance speech where he referred to the academy as "that bunch of fags"
Scartown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:22 AM   #58
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scartown View Post
I was looking forward to diz acceptance speech where he referred to the academy as "that bunch of fags"
I'd imagine he'd go the anti-semitic route
Quote:
Old 01-18-2017, 01:24 AM   #59
Tyren

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tyren is not the worst person
Makes more sense for it to be a netflix only release really.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:27 AM   #60
Scartown

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Scartown is better than Grind Time AustraliaScartown is better than Grind Time Australia
"illl fuckin, I'll fuckin, I'll fuckin......Accept this award"
Scartown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:31 AM   #61
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
You might be old if you watched 8 Mile during its theatrical release.

I'm old.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:33 AM   #62
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post

I'm old.
haha really? shiiiit im old then as well.
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:36 AM   #63
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 508 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
I'm old.
Racists like Marshall are the worst things to happen to battle rap.
Next you'll be saying, Sno is a rasta, and Elvis invented rock n roll

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:37 AM   #64
GetPaid

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
GetPaid is better than Grind Time AustraliaGetPaid is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scartown View Post
"illl fuckin, I'll fuckin, I'll fuckin......Accept this award"
This made me laugh harder than anything I've read on here in months
GetPaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:40 AM   #65
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
haha really? shiiiit im old then as well.
Kyle, I'm old enough to have met your muscular ass in ATL to buy you beers brutha lol.

PAUSE.

Btw any updates about more Don't Flop events in Atlanta? They are fire on top of fire every time. Cheers pimpin!
Old 01-18-2017, 01:44 AM   #66
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
Racists like Marshall are the worst things to happen to battle rap.
Next you'll be saying, Sno is a rasta, and Elvis invented rock n roll
Real talk I'm glad you're back lol

This site is not the same without you and Willie posting. Also, where is the homie @Casual at? Haven't seen his ass lately.

Trying to get my life game in check so I ain't posting as much these days. Respect to the real RMBVA hustlers though!
Old 01-18-2017, 01:49 AM   #67
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1181 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
Quote:
Kyle, I'm old enough to have met your muscular ass in ATL to buy you beers brutha lol.

PAUSE.

Btw any updates about more Don't Flop events in Atlanta? They are fire on top of fire every time. Cheers pimpin!
that was really awesome of you to do that man, i'll always remember that.

always love meeting people from this board, i honestly don't think DF will be doing anymore USA tours but im just kinda going off that liam is busy with unilad so it would be tricky for them to travel with a filmer if liam isn't around. you been to a bullpen event? those seem to be pretty crazy
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:50 AM   #68
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
So controversial is the new wack lol. As if this isn't being released in cinemas because it's too controversial. It's not being released in cinemas because it's straight up trash and nobody in their right mind other than maybe the family and friends of those involved would ever pay for a ticket to go and see it.

Not sure if Pat has been lied to or was just delusional but there was zero chance of this ever being released in cinemas. It simply just wouldn't make money.
Battlehogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:03 AM   #69
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
How long till the movie comes out?
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:06 AM   #70
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
that was really awesome of you to do that man, i'll always remember that.

always love meeting people from this board, i honestly don't think DF will be doing anymore USA tours but im just kinda going off that liam is busy with unilad so it would be tricky for them to travel with a filmer if liam isn't around. you been to a bullpen event? those seem to be pretty crazy
I have NOT but will damn sure try!!! If you make it back down to these southern regions please holler at me! It'll be a shame if the Don't Flop / US shit doesn't continue. So many fire ass battles!
Old 01-18-2017, 02:33 AM   #71
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Real talk I'm glad you're back lol

This site is not the same without you and Willie posting. Also, where is the homie @Casual at? Haven't seen his ass lately.

Trying to get my life game in check so I ain't posting as much these days. Respect to the real RMBVA hustlers though!
Whats poppin bro!

Not posting much these days either but im still here for the cultcha.

Hope you're doing good man.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:45 AM   #72
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Whats poppin bro!

Not posting much these days either but im still here for the cultcha.

Hope you're doing good man.
Bro I'm doing lovely. Working crazy overtime hours to pay for these bar tabs and my newfangled snow crab obsession. Also got a wedding to pay for lol. It's easy to get out of this shit when life gets in the way but I gotta ask --- Blackout 7 PPV. You in? It's my favorite event each year. Get in the game, bruh! I know we gotta wait these announcements out lol
Old 01-18-2017, 02:47 AM   #73
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Bro I'm doing lovely. Working crazy overtime hours to pay for these bar tabs and my newfangled snow crab obsession. Also got a wedding to pay for lol. It's easy to get out of this shit when life gets in the way but I gotta ask --- Blackout 7 PPV. You in? It's my favorite event each year. Get in the game, bruh! I know we gotta wait these announcements out lol

Hahaha, good shit man. And yeah, don't watch nearly as many battles these days but ill definitely be copping that BO7 PPV. Blackout and Bunker are mandatory buys for me.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 02:53 AM   #74
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Hahaha, good shit man. And yeah, don't watch nearly as many battles these days but ill definitely be copping that BO7 PPV. Blackout and Bunker are mandatory buys for me.
On some non gay shit, you keep this site bangin'. Cheers homie!
Old 01-18-2017, 02:59 AM   #75
Hitchslap
Plz don't touch my RAF

Mentioned: 162 Post(s)
Hitchslap is not the worst person
Quote:
Not sure how exactly it's getting "bodied" before it's release?

Must suck having to live life hoping the worst for other people you don't even know
lol this nerd is livid!!! Multiple angry posts.
Hitchslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:29 AM   #76
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
I'll be happy to be wrong about this movie. Also, I'm happy for the dudes involved because it sounds like a good look for them. Beyond that, blechhhh
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #77
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
so many reps given. good job, all

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #78
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
so many reps given. good job, all
I rep'd everyone in this thread except for one person
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:32 AM   #79
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 421 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
That sigs hard
Good looks lol

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #80
Prison Mike
And it hoit!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Prison Mike is not the worst person
Diz rocked that retarded ass neck tat for nothing.

Tags
salute, taxfacts