Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Chilla Jones and JJDD appreciation thread

Old 12-03-2019, 01:58 PM   #41
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Diary View Post
"improving my lung capacity rapping while i'm actually running Los Ang'les streets? THAT WAS ME"
That would be funny if he does that because he has asthma from all the smog out there plus probably blazing the tweeds

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #42
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
If you think Chilla is clever or his bars are brilliant or some shit, you're just not a very clever

It's all subjective though. So I'm happy that you've found something to Dazzle your little peanut brain. You would probably like the shit I wrote when I was a teenager
you seem to have an obsession with intelligence. does chilla’s style intimidate you because you feel his skill set/knowledge/grasp on writing is out of your range? not trying to be insulting. there’s no other reason to hate him so much. and i still haven’t heard one sound criticism of his writing or an example of good writing from you.
peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:19 PM   #43
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
ok i admit it

i hate that chilla's writing is out of my range and this is the reason i laugh at his eyeball schemes. to be honest i always wanted to be an optometrist but i lack the intelligence to even conceptualize his topical schemes. i had to google what a "lid" meant in relation to an eyeball and this is after staring in the mirror fucking with my eyes for nearly an hour

just give me a pass this once

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 12-03-2019, 03:20 PM   #44
irvsykeg

im swinging off the foot boy im shooter mcgavin

top 10 shooter mcgavin bar i heard this year, tbh

Old 12-03-2019, 03:28 PM   #45
irvsykeg

Him reaching fame is just doubtful
when a crow is the only thing raving/raven about Poe

that's a cleaner raven/poe line than his without needlessly and pointlessly bringin in TELL TALES (heart) and i done been thought of it 13 years ago

if i was finna battle greg and had to use a poe/tell tale heart line i'd say somfin like

blah blah tell tale heart whatever, in the basement i torture poe /
somethin somfin, til the neighbors hear the beating from the floor below/

shit be liek WHAT

Old 12-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #46
irvsykeg

i ball outta control like the rem cycle

thats a better line about eyeballs too but to each their own.

you like the whole beat you over the head with single homophone keywords centered around multiple loosely related topics technique. and thats cool. its fun to hear ppl u think are the best and be like "i can do exactly that" and stroll thru the soap aisle at a store like

"u thinkin we TIED? nah u gonna SHOUT when i GAIN on you" like wow #bars

i bring up intelligence because things like that don't require much of it and i like when ppl say shit i can't do or wouldn't be able to think of in a few seconds. chilla dont do that for me but whateva. i refuse to believe u can't think of chilla bars either.

i hate foreman and think his writing mad basic usually but the dude said "u roll wit a sadder click than that adam sandler flick" which is perfect. chilla can't write that lol

Old 12-03-2019, 09:50 PM   #47
AdarOne
shoots fair ones

Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
AdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICEAdarOne is NICE
Lol. Ole talking to your self ass weirdo.
AdarOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:13 PM   #48
irvsykeg

Responding directly to people having a conversation with me doesn't suddenly turn into me talking to myself because I broke my response into a couple replies one after the other

Keep messing with me bro, you're going to go from adarone to adarNone

Old 12-03-2019, 10:13 PM   #49
irvsykeg

Quote:
Responding directly to people having a conversation with me doesn't suddenly turn into me talking to myself because I broke my response into a couple replies one after the other

Keep messing with me bro, you're going to go from adarone to adarNone
Agreed. Good point

Old 12-03-2019, 11:07 PM   #50
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
i don't necessarily always agree with irvyskeg/sykull/emceegoddess but he is currently the life of rmbva and the forum would probably be a lot more boring without his input
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:09 AM   #51
RandallFlagg
Registered Loser

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
RandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time AustraliaRandallFlagg is better than Grind Time Australia
Thumbs up

Quote:

you like the whole beat you over the head with single homophone keywords centered around multiple loosely related topics technique. and thats cool. its fun to hear ppl u think are the best and be like "i can do exactly that" and stroll thru the soap aisle at a store like

i bring up intelligence because things like that don't require much of it and i like when ppl say shit i can't do or wouldn't be able to think of in a few seconds. chilla dont do that for me but whateva. i refuse to believe u can't think of chilla bars either.

i hate foreman and think his writing mad basic usually but the dude said "u roll wit a sadder click than that adam sandler flick" which is perfect. chilla can't write that lol
I can understand why you're jealous of Chillas writing but I don't understand why its such a personal issue.
RandallFlagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:01 PM   #52
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

What up Iron Aaron?
Now that I see that Iron here in I'm eyein' Aaron
Gunshots is what Iron hearin', hit Iron earrin' when iron airin'
I'll point a gun down at his young child
Do Iron heir in with Iron errands
Soon as Iron nearin' his head explode
They need a bowl to put his eye and ear in

^ amazing writing that completely nullifies your argument. “but it has homophones so it can’t be intelligent!!!”
Old 12-04-2019, 03:16 PM   #53
irvsykeg

Lmao a bowl to put his eye and ear in

I've been trying to figure out why I find the level of horrible writing Danny is capable of completely entertaining but despise Chilla. I think it's because Danny just seems like he wants to tend to some rabbits or something in meanswell but the chiller is wearing I have a scheme and King Pen t-shirts talking about he's literally the best

Them rappers yall feel lost the fur like socrates

Plus that horrible tweet of his about that UFC fighter breaking his ankle where he combined a bunch of energy drink names to say something terrible ugh

Old 12-04-2019, 03:53 PM   #54
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
What up Iron Aaron?

^ amazing writing that completely nullifies your argument. “but it has homophones so it can’t be intelligent!!!”
IIRC Iron's real name is actually Aaron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 05:14 PM   #55
irvsykeg

Ya aaron merkin. He went by Ayem (a.m.) Boogie initially plus his fav color is teal

Old 12-04-2019, 10:43 PM   #56
iamHBY

Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I think I'd be quicker to watch a Chilla Jones battle than I would a John John Da Don battle at this point. Chilla can rebuttal pretty effectively and he's offering a little more variety in his battles, compared to JJDD who (with the exception of his Jakkboy Maine performance) recently is unwatchable for me.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:59 PM   #57
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
if ur impressed by chillas writing hop on the wayback archive and go check out text battles on rapmusic from 15 years ago. seriously. also u prob get crayons and a doodle placemat before ur handlers order ur chicken tenders

the way john clawed the van DAMN!!
What was the last Chilla battle you watched? I used to have the exact same view of him but he's been pretty solid the last year or two.
His battle with Real Deal have been nice.
He doesn't just scheme for scheme sake anymore

CRB - Rap Battle - Mz BlackPearl vs Houdini Diamond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dnPHKLL8k&t

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:04 AM   #58
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Bro, I hope you don't think we're ganging up on you, because this is actually really interesting to see why people rate guys who I personally can't stand.

Looking on Genius lyrics, Chilla had some decent material (Prison Break bars>>>). However, these are two out of the five word associations from Chilla 'King Pen' Jones in that battle. Genuinely all of these are disposable trash to me (Other two were solid enough):

You got the HEART to TELL TALES in all of these convos
But they ain't RAVIN' for you?
Damn, y'all brought me the wrong POE!
Classic case of bars that work one way but not the other

Like, to beat me, you'll need Professor X with his brain focused
The Phoenix with flames glowin'
Gambit with his Ace showin'
Cyclops with the shades low, Logan with his rage growin'
All of this to set up an albeit decent Hulk closer. Also to beat me you'll need is super played.

Like a 6 AM yoga class, Mac, you gettin' stretched early
I'm Steph Curry, you Kerry Kittles in a Nets jersey
This a fresh thirty, I'm Magic in his prime
And I don't even think your best worthy
Not strictly a scheme, but anyone could write this
Are you saying there's no bars from Illmac in that battle that you could break down similarly?

CRB - Rap Battle - Mz BlackPearl vs Houdini Diamond
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1dnPHKLL8k&t

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:02 AM   #59
Emancee

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Are you saying there's no bars from Illmac in that battle that you could break down similarly?
You mean the Batman scheme? Yeah, not Illmac's finest moment. Half of it was flames, but some of it...
Nuts like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #60
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
What up Iron Aaron?

holy shit does that suck dick. who wrote this garbage? you realise nobody would say most of this shit in real life, right?

"gunshots is what Iron hearin"

"do Iron heir in with Iron errands"

"they need a bowl to put his eye and ear in"

i mean if that was meant as a joke it's pretty good but it sounds like y'all actually like this on a serious tip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #61
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
lol @ how even as the site slowly dies, the one thing that remains is the pretentious pseudo-elitism that contributed to its downfall
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:10 PM   #62
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Quote:
Lmao a bowl to put his eye and ear in

I've been trying to figure out why I find the level of horrible writing Danny is capable of completely entertaining but despise Chilla. I think it's because Danny just seems like he wants to tend to some rabbits or something in meanswell but the chiller is wearing I have a scheme and King Pen t-shirts talking about he's literally the best

Them rappers yall feel lost the fur like socrates

Plus that horrible tweet of his about that UFC fighter breaking his ankle where he combined a bunch of energy drink names to say something terrible ugh
seems like you just don’t understand or appreciate the substance behind chilla’s writing. not to sound insulting, but maybe it just goes over your head? idk. i’m getting a real “dunning-kruger” feeling in this thread. not everything chilla writes is like what you described. what i posted above is an example.

Last edited by peace; 12-05-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #63
sikwidit

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
sikwidit is not the worst person
I slacked vs DNA last month, but no panicking
I was saving myself for the title, this load management

Now award me my chain
Or the 40 will bang
And have this front row empty, like a warrior's game

I like these kind of straight forward Chilla bars better
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"

Last edited by sikwidit; 12-05-2019 at 03:55 PM.
sikwidit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #64
sikwidit

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
sikwidit is not the worst person
Say what you want about our first battle
The rematch was mine
But tonight my raps designed with a chiropractic mind
Time to crack his spine, you know, put a nigga back in line
Talk stupid, give his ass a 9/asinine
I was aiming for his stomach but he ducked quick
Had his abs in mind and left him with an absent mind

Go ahead, make mockeries of my passion and purpose
But I will leave you in grave/engrave
And I'm just scratching the surface
How about a bullet in your eye deal/ideal
That would be perfect
All day these fans'll praise you/appraise you
But are you actually worth it?

You can tell that I'm one of the best
But this rematch was your fucking request
Its you who needs your fucking respect
We even agreed to split the cash, until I flipped the bag and shook until nothing was left
He looking at me like "where's my cut?"
I said "oh yeah... under your neck"
I slit his throat, shit was gross, dripping slow
He turning purple *gasps*
This ain't how he expected his end to go/indigo

Obviously I'm not proclaiming Chilla as a genius or anything but he has some dope shit from time to time that's not too far reaching. All of these are just from his first round vs RD at TB2 btw which he clearly won by a mile
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"

Last edited by sikwidit; 12-05-2019 at 04:00 PM.
sikwidit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 06:02 PM   #65
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
lol @ how even as the site slowly dies, the one thing that remains is the pretentious pseudo-elitism that contributed to its downfall
I don't pay attention anymore, but I'm pretty sure this site going dead has more to do with how many other avenues there are to discuss battles that are inherently easier than a seperate message board

The site only existed in the first place because rap music shit the bed and Foreman smartly uploaded the classic rap music skin that everybody preferred. It Started With The Hourglass flipped so to speak

The lines last dude quoted are mostly terrible with a couple okay ideas that would be good if Chilla didn't ruin them

I will leave you in grave lol

Old 12-05-2019, 06:04 PM   #66
irvsykeg

Quote:
seems like you just don’t understand or appreciate the substance behind chilla’s writing. not to sound insulting, but maybe it just goes over your head? idk. i’m getting a real “dunning-kruger” feeling in this thread. not everything chilla writes is like what you described. what i posted above is an example.
Dunning Kruger also applies to the inverse of what is commonly associated with the phenomenon, FYI.

So yes, I incorrectly assume that most people on here can recognize how bad certain bars are. Fooled again.

Bad troll

Old 12-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #67
irvsykeg

Quote:
My stance is basically the opposite of this lol

Old 12-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #68
LukeWaltonisGoat
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
“Follow him with the chopper like a high speed chase”
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:04 PM   #69
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AntarcticaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I don't pay attention anymore, but I'm pretty sure this site going dead has more to do with how many other avenues there are to discuss battles that are inherently easier than a seperate message board

The site only existed in the first place because rap music shit the bed and Foreman smartly uploaded the classic rap music skin that everybody preferred. It Started With The Hourglass flipped so to speak

The lines last dude quoted are mostly terrible with a couple okay ideas that would be good if Chilla didn't ruin them

I will leave you in grave lol
I said it was a contributing factor

And I never distinguished RM from here; forum just moved to me.

But yes people going to Fb groups and discord are the main problem wit losing members that would be here but
the site started to decline after more and more people had bad experiences wit trolling and whatnot:

-First the actual battlers left; people pretended that it was okay cuz then people could comfortably talk about them (same line fb groups use when they leave them)
-Then representatives from the leagues started to leave for similar reasons
(yes I found it pussy that KOTD preferred an echo-chamber and complete trash FB group over the place that used to make cards for them but also understood the other side considering there were muhfuckas that trolled Kingfly relentlessly up to the end)
-DBD tried to stay around but even eventually left
-this still goes on wit leagues and media platforms that try to come to this site now and promote events or content. People got slick shit to say about their names or w/e. Some might be funny "make your own X.com thread title" but in the end they are exactly as I described them

I'm not saying this is new here:
the so-called forced multi days
"GT GA is the worst cuz of MMMM" (when it was damnear the best division)
"Url is wack/ all gun bars" preceding it being the only type of battling there is
etc..; just saying it is part of why the place thinned out more and more

Now we got a few people actually in touch and speaking on shit going on and the rest is the perpetuation of old, completely outdated narratives:
URL rappers don't try on other leagues
KOTD only uses URL talent
Chilla is boring
etc...

Idk I obviously still come here despite the decline.

I suppose I shoulda just asked you what tf Chilla ever did to you personally that has you to this level about him, but I said what I said and it wasn't inaccurate

Quote:
My stance is basically the opposite of this lol
How Sway??
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:09 AM   #70
Emancee

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
So it isn't just the fact that forums are played out and ok boomer-ish?
Nuts like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:50 AM   #71
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
chilla jones fully living rent free in some you mans heads i hate dna and i would NEVER dream of writing more than more than 3 or 4 comments on him on any thread. it's not that deep
Old 12-08-2019, 01:25 PM   #72
irvsykeg

Haha ya you just comment thousands of times on other battlers like a cool guy

Im sure u are terrible as well

Old 12-08-2019, 01:44 PM   #73
irvsykeg

No personal problem with the man, he is just terrible. Neanderthal oh, do you not think that a lot of people stopped posting because they got tired of how shity battles are and just moved on to other things?

Old 12-08-2019, 01:46 PM   #74
irvsykeg

Battlers and League's don't post here because it's a better investment to post elsewhere. Posters being retarded might have influencer that to some degree, but everybody is on Facebook. Makes more sense to go there.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:18 PM   #75
irvsykeg

Quote:
How Sway??
well i'm the opposite of pretentious wrt writing in this context because i am 30953275x better than chilla at it. there's not some established rubric that we can turn to and confirm something subjective like this so it's whatever. but i'm absolutely at a high enough level to critique someone as trash as him.

psedo-elitism lol i started writing when i was 13 and i'm 32 now. i'd say i have enough experience and hours logged to give insight on something like that when dude's who many consider the best writers have regularly given me props, asked for my advice, told me i'm one of the best writers they've heard, for a decade. but that's beside the point and i basically never say shit like that. bender, thesaurus, fresco, illmac, madflexx, etc. list goes on of people who could or have vouched for my writing ability. it's beside the point and doesn't matter, but when folks don't have the ability to gauge nuances in writing (most battle fans), that's about all i can get as someone who doesn't battle.

it's the opposite of pseudo-elitism, and not just because of the aforementioned shit, but because you're misinterpreting the reasoning behind certain statements. i don't sayy things speaking toward my own abilities or as a means of propping myelf up. i'm trying to get y'all to recognize when folks shit is TERRIBLE. it is not a brag on my end to say something factual like "i could write how chilla does when i was 15" which is true. it's me saying "what chilla does, anybody could do" and tons of people DO it.

there's obv going to be dumb people who can't ever get to chillas level. and god bless them. but if you can read and write above a 10th grade level, you shouldn't be impressed by chilla's writing. unfortunately when people have little else as a reference level, that's the trash they think is the pinnacle

chilla seems like a nice guy. he just fucking sucks. if you think chilla is really clever or good at writing, you might be dumb. if you're not dumb and donno why chilla sucks, feel free to ask.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:33 PM   #76
irvsykeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I think I'd be quicker to watch a Chilla Jones battle than I would a John John Da Don battle at this point. Chilla can rebuttal pretty effectively and he's offering a little more variety in his battles, compared to JJDD who (with the exception of his Jakkboy Maine performance) recently is unwatchable for me.
we finally got you to realize jc is terrible. we goin for chilla next baby!

Tags
8217, 8220, 8221, bars