Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Live Update KOTD Grand Prix West Division Round 2 Updates

Old 10-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD Grand Prix West Division Round 2 Updates

Today, Round 2 of the West division of the KOTD Grand Prix is going down. For the tournament battles, the Dizaster vs. The Saurus rematch and Aktive vs. Saynt are happening, and two non-tournament battles are happening as well, Dre Vishiss vs. Dot Everything and Da Kid Clutch vs. T.K.

Right now, they’re voting in the comments between Eddy I., Caustic, Lotta Zay and Brixx Belvy to step in and replace Chef Trez against So Severe, after Trez had to drop out due to medical issues.

Last edited by iamHBY; 10-18-2020 at 07:32 PM.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:33 PM   #2
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Voted Caustic but Eddy is in the lead by a good margin.
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:34 PM   #3
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Also, sending love to Trez, hope his hospital visit goes well. No news on why he’s in.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:39 PM   #4
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Good effort thank you I'd forgotten about this, will stay up n check it out. What time do the battles start?
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #5
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
1st battle will be up momentarily, Dre Vishiss vs. Dot Everything got postponed, so it’ll only be 3 battles today.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #6
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

These Twitch comments are hilarious. TK started off fire, but the choke is probably gonna seal his fate. Da Kid Clutch isn’t bad, but I predict a 2-1 prediction. Average battle overall.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:13 PM   #7
iamHBY

I gave it to Clutch 3-0. I think T.K. has a solid delivery, and a few good lines here and there, but I thought Clutch was better consistently every round, and I feel bad for T.K.'s ending in the 3rd.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:33 PM   #8
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Saynt wants that $50k the most so far I think.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:40 PM   #9
iamHBY

Best Aktive performance I've seen, but I had Saynt taking every round. Saynt's been stepping his game up recently, and I think his punches were on fire today for sure.

Saynt got the 4-1 decision.

Last edited by iamHBY; 10-18-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:29 PM   #10
iamHBY

Diz/Saurus was super crazy, better than the original match in my opinion. I think I edged it to Saurus though, but the judges gave it to Diz in a close 3-2 decision.

Last edited by iamHBY; 10-18-2020 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:48 PM   #11
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Pete losing = </3

Forgetting his final bars (which were flames as he slay them in a post battle interview) really could’ve been the difference.

KOTD just wants Diz as their poster child, it looks like.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:11 PM   #12
mek

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
mek is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
Pete losing = </3

Forgetting his final bars (which were flames as he slay them in a post battle interview) really couldíve been the difference.

if that was the case i dont think they have him go up against saurus inthe first round
mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:42 PM   #13
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
Pete losing = </3

Forgetting his final bars (which were flames as he slay them in a post battle interview) really could’ve been the difference.

Nah, Diz won that legitimately. Pete must be kicking himself for admitting that choke. He actually got the words out and everything. It would have been a soft finish, but by kicking the ground and telling fuuuuucckkk, it gives the judges an excuse to make the easy decision in a really close, competitive match.

But wow what a match, easily the best one of the tournament so far. Saurus' multi game is on point
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...

Last edited by Emancee; 10-19-2020 at 01:35 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:12 AM   #14
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1290 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Had Diz edging it due to the closer. Thesaurus was spot on in his analysis of it. You could argue he won too. Overall though fun event and fun chat
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 02:42 AM   #15
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikForeman View Post
Had Diz edging it due to the closer. Thesaurus was spot on in his analysis of it. You could argue he won too. Overall though fun event and fun chat
For sure. I think the final call was 2 for Saurus and 3 for Diz. Considering that Pete had that obvious fuck up in the third, it showed how bad he wanted this.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 10-19-2020, 03:18 AM   #16
Profess
I am the Chef

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica

Classic. Diz vs Pete might be the best battle I've ever seen.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 03:24 AM   #17
iamHBY

And then for next week, in addition to Clone vs. Hays The Family Man and Eddy I. vs. So Severe in Round 2 of the South division of the tournament, Lu Cipher vs. Street Hymns and Duce vs. PC will also be happening as well as non-tournament battles.
Old 10-19-2020, 05:45 PM   #18
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Battle seemed debatable when it happened, but Saurus got robbed on second watch. I have him taking the second and third clear. Great battle anyway. Diz/Saurus or Marv/Gauge have been the best of the tourney.

Aktive/Saynt was pretty good. Always thought Aktive was underrated. Very fire rapper.

Wish the tourney battles weren't only 28 days apart. Just one extra week could be enough to prevent the chokes and stumbles.
peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:43 AM   #19
clapburn

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
clapburn is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post

What? That statement really makes me wanna see this now. I will call u out.. i can think of lots of great battles. Send link if yall got it.. u are trolling
clapburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 08:09 AM   #20
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
Battle seemed debatable when it happened, but Saurus got robbed on second watch. I have him taking the second and third clear. Great battle anyway. Diz/Saurus or Marv/Gauge have been the best of the tourney.
I think everyone would agree. It basically come down to your attitude about the choke. Does it lose Pete the round that he clearly won or not? The judge's split decision suggests that there wasn't a lot of consistency with the rules and the judges based on their own values rather than consistent voting rules, but that's not that unusual as only dweebs like Knamelis need overly thought out voting systems to make a decision.
Old 10-20-2020, 02:05 PM   #21
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:

Better than verb/Hitman, jc vs chilla, hollow vs lux, nitty vs Solomon and illmac vs bigg k?

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:08 PM   #22
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Diz/Saurus was super crazy, better than the original match in my opinion. I think I edged it to Saurus though, but the judges gave it to Diz in a close 3-2 decision.
Lol Iíd hope it was better than the original...

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 03:59 PM   #23
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 142 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

Sorry man but thatís just ridiculous. It was decent but come on.
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 01:21 AM   #24
Profess
I am the Chef

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
Better than verb/Hitman, jc vs chilla, hollow vs lux, nitty vs Solomon and illmac vs bigg k?
It was damn good. Have you seen it?

I'm def watching it again. I really liked how Diz addressed Pete not getting a rematch with Iron and clowning him for never being on Url or RBE.

I hope we look back at this battle and see it as the reason why The Saurus gets (if he does) an RBE battle. IMO, it hurts his legacy never having been on there.

I'd like to see him and Iron battle there
Old 10-21-2020, 01:31 AM   #25
Emancee

Quote:
It was damn good. Have you seen it?

I'm def watching it again. I really liked how Diz addressed Pete not getting a rematch with Iron and clowning him for never being on Url or RBE.

I hope we look back at this battle and see it as the reason why The Saurus gets (if he does) an RBE battle. IMO, it hurts his legacy never having been on there.

I'd like to see him and Iron battle there
This definitely makes the case that Saurus could hang with Iron if he ever gets the chance. Hopefully, this tournament will help people realize how much doper strict time limits are as Saurus vs. Diz was exactly the length it needed to be. Iron vs. Saurus needs to be a similar length. A bloated or god forbid third round unlimited would have definitely screwed the pooch.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #26
Profess
I am the Chef

Time limits, yes! Contrast this with Diz's snoozefest vs Soul Khan.

I like battles with history around them. When The Saurus and Iron originally battled on Jump Off.. did something go down - that left legit unfinished business?

It's been so long, that I honestly forget. It's not that just Pete lost in a fair fight, is it?
Old 10-23-2020, 05:25 PM   #27
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Wasn't it just that Solomon used writtens vs Thesaurus free styling and at that the time that was against the honor code or whatever lol? I could be wrong but I swear that was it.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:26 PM   #28
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Time limits, yes! Contrast this with Diz's snoozefest vs Soul Khan.

I like battles with history around them. When The Saurus and Iron originally battled on Jump Off.. did something go down - that left legit unfinished business?

It's been so long, that I honestly forget. It's not that just Pete lost in a fair fight, is it?
If I recall right, Iron kind of ambushed the saurus with written material. Think it was after Spin The Mic also, so the saurus was mainly free styling.

Personally would still like to see it cause I was invested in that time frame. I can see why others would of rather seen Iron battle the Rum NItty, B-Magic, Daylyt,Diz's etc of the world though. Battling the saurus would probably be one of his lowest viewed battles also to be fair. Saurus could easily win though, if it ever happens.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:19 AM   #29
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
If I recall right, Iron kind of ambushed the saurus with written material. Think it was after Spin The Mic also, so the saurus was mainly free styling..
Yeah this was pretty much it. Saurus had been battling the whole day and pretty much had no intention of battling. Solomon turned up with Jumpoff in tow and used rounds that he'd clearly been planning for a long time. This was back in the days when people actually cared about losing.

Back then it was annoying because it was a meh battle considering the potential, but these days I doubt anyone cares except the old schoolers and I agree with you that Saurus would be a drop in the level of opponent compared to his recent run. It also has the added risk of Saurus potentially clearly beating him, so the risk-reward is probably too high.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:11 AM   #30
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Yeah this was pretty much it. Saurus had been battling the whole day and pretty much had no intention of battling. Solomon turned up with Jumpoff in tow and used rounds that he'd clearly been planning for a long time. This was back in the days when people actually cared about losing.

Back then it was annoying because it was a meh battle considering the potential, but these days I doubt anyone cares except the old schoolers and I agree with you that Saurus would be a drop in the level of opponent compared to his recent run. It also has the added risk of Saurus potentially clearly beating him, so the risk-reward is probably too high.
The Saurus is friends with Nikkia Osborn. Did Nikkia's and Iron ever settle their differences after Iron offended his wife at Massacre? If not, Pete might have an angle there.
Old 10-25-2020, 04:12 AM   #31
Emancee

Quote:
The Saurus is friends with Nikkia Osborn. Did Nikkia's and Iron ever settle their differences after Iron offended his wife at Massacre? If not, Pete might have an angle there.
Pete loves the disloyal/backstabber angle, so I'm sure that and the KOTD on-again-off-again relationship will definitely come up.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:42 AM   #32
Water Mage

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Water Mage is better than Grind Time AustraliaWater Mage is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

Back then it was annoying because it was a meh battle considering the potential.
And yet it was still an impressive battle, Solomon basically cheated, had some really bad writtens and The Saurus styled on Solomon in a big way -- Freestyling for long rounds and being very consistent, better punchlines too ... The whole battle just shows how much of a beast The Saurus is.. And The Saurus won that

The Saurus was on fire that night and The Saurus vs Absoloot is one of my favorite performances... The Saurus cooked that guy
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 11:52 PM   #33
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
And yet it was still an impressive battle, Solomon basically cheated, had some really bad writtens and The Saurus styled on Solomon in a big way -- Freestyling for long rounds and being very consistent, better punchlines too ... The whole battle just shows how much of a beast The Saurus is.. And The Saurus won that

The Saurus was on fire that night and The Saurus vs Absoloot is one of my favorite performances... The Saurus cooked that guy
If SEED did a Watch with that battle. Who would be the best co-hosts?

Last edited by Profess; 10-25-2020 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:54 PM   #34
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Pete loves the disloyal/backstabber angle, so I'm sure that and the KOTD on-again-off-again relationship will definitely come up.
That plus a 'Real Talk' 3rd gives The Saurus enviable positioning. Would Iron have to rely solely on technical skill?
Old 10-26-2020, 12:00 AM   #35
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDiz View Post
Wasn't it just that Solomon used writtens vs Thesaurus free styling and at that the time that was against the honor code or whatever lol? I could be wrong but I swear that was it.
I guess Iron ambushed him after an event with a camera crew. Some people say The Saurus still styled on him live but Iron's group must have edited it in someway for Jump Off
Old 10-26-2020, 12:06 AM   #36
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
If I recall right, Iron kind of ambushed the saurus with written material. Think it was after Spin The Mic also, so the saurus was mainly free styling.

Personally would still like to see it cause I was invested in that time frame. I can see why others would of rather seen Iron battle the Rum NItty, B-Magic, Daylyt,Diz's etc of the world though. Battling the saurus would probably be one of his lowest viewed battles also to be fair. Saurus could easily win though, if it ever happens.
2021 could be the year Pete goes on an RBE run. His stock is at a recent high due to his respectable showing vs Diz.

Who else would you have The Saurus battle in a 3 battle contract with RBE in addition to Iron ?

Chef Trez

Hollow
Old 10-26-2020, 01:43 AM   #37
Emancee

Quote:
I guess Iron ambushed him after an event with a camera crew. Some people say The Saurus still styled on him live but Iron's group must have edited it in someway for Jump Off
Never heard that. I don't think that I ever heard about anything happening that isn't on camera. Plus Jumpoff is, if anything, more likely to be biased towards Pete than Iron as Saurus was competing in a bunch of their competitions at the time.

Also ambushed is too strong a word. Jumpoff were there because they were the organizers of the event and so Iron came down and basically got Jumpoff to film it. With Jumpoff there, Pete accepted and went full freestyle whereas Iron went almost completely writtten. The fact that Pete wasn't completely destroyed by like 6 months of writtens says a lot about Saurus as a freestyler.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:45 AM   #38
Emancee

Quote:
That plus a 'Real Talk' 3rd gives The Saurus enviable positioning. Would Iron have to rely solely on technical skill?
Probably.

Honestly Iron doesn't really do personals, most of the time he is happier battling on a technical level than digging dirt so I imagine he would take that approach vs. Saurus too.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:04 AM   #39
Water Mage

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Water Mage is better than Grind Time AustraliaWater Mage is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
If SEED did a Watch with that battle. Who would be the best co-hosts?
Oh man, I don't even have much experience with that series, even though I think it's great.. So hard to say...

If Illmac is a good on that, then I'd say Illmac, since he was there that night...

Honestly, I'd just like someone to be there who is opinionated and outspoken about it... Let's be real, Solomon's writtens were garbage, even in context, Solomon deserves to be called out for that battle and The Saurus' performance in that battle is under-rated

"I can tell from lookin at him, he's about as New York as a wooden cabin" > than anything that Solomon said that battle
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:56 AM   #40
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
If Illmac is a good on that, then I'd say Illmac, since he was there that night...

Honestly, I'd just like someone to be there who is opinionated and outspoken about it... Let's be real, Solomon's writtens were garbage, even in context, Solomon deserves to be called out for that battle and The Saurus' performance in that battle is under-rated

"I can tell from lookin at him, he's about as New York as a wooden cabin" > than anything that Solomon said that battle
For sure. One of the problems with Watch is that they often get people that don't know what really went down that event. They could have a legendary series by getting bystanders to comment on classics that they watched live. Who wouldn't want to hear what Saurus vs. Pat, Saurus vs. Solomon, Illmac vs. Ars, Ars vs. Charron were actually like live?!?

Now that your hood pass has been restored, get back on it, Avo...

Tags