Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Announcement Smack/URL Presents: SMACK Volume 6 Announcement #1

Old 11-15-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack/URL Presents: SMACK Volume 6 Announcement #1

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #2
Emancee

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Avo's about to get put in a bodybag on this one, lol.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:55 AM   #3
Profess
I am the Chef

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Avo's about to get put in a bodybag on this one, lol.
I feel like that Avo angle has played it's course. I think a lot of the shit he said was wack but he didn't hide from the heat so he deserves respect. Goodz will airball if he goes in too heavy on that. Also, Geechi showed admirable loyalty with that situation. That said, Goodz 21 because of swag
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:16 AM   #4
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I feel like that Avo angle has played it's course. I think a lot of the shit he said was wack but he didn't hide from the heat so he deserves respect. Goodz will airball if he goes in too heavy on that. Also, Geechi showed admirable loyalty with that situation. That said, Goodz 21 because of swag
Yeah, I hope we see it die out soon, but did you see Mook vs. Tay Roc event? Avo got bodied in like 3 of the battles, lol.

I only mention it because I think Goodz probably has something funny that he'll use it for, but I think Goodz may well finish the angle with his round.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 11-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #5
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
i got goodz 2-1. geechi can win this, but he'd have to be better than goodz for more than 1 round and i can't see it happening.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

current top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, pat stay, loaded lux, geechi gotti
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:08 PM   #6
Profess
I am the Chef

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Geechi is King of the mid-tier. He'd make a great Intercontenal champ in the WWE.

Do true top tiers ever win the champion belt?
Old 11-17-2020, 07:27 AM   #7
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Geechi is King of the mid-tier. He'd make a great Intercontenal champ in the WWE.

I don't think I'd put geechi in the jake roberts, rick rude, mr. perfect category lol. He isn't a gatekeeper fam. All 3 of them were capable of being real belt holders imo anyway, just happens Hogan was around like Jordan in the 90's lol
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:54 AM   #8
Emancee

Quote:

He needs to be careful not to get put into that bracket. He was looking like being the Smack West Coast go to for a while, but lately he seems to be running out of steam.

Overexposure is a bitch, ask JC...
Old 11-17-2020, 10:18 AM   #9
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
He needs to be careful not to get put into that bracket. He was looking like being the Smack West Coast go to for a while, but lately he seems to be running out of steam.

Overexposure is a bitch, ask JC...
Lets talk about Daylyt for a sec. When he was running around battling every Tom, Dick, and Harry did we really give a fuck about him or would we ever do back and show are new fan homies those performances as examples of what the art is all about? I wouldn't, doubt you would either. That being said, his battle vs Roc has a high level of lyricism and replay value. Because like you suggested, he had some time between battles and put his best foot forward. So I rock with your point about overexposure, not only for reasons of >prep time= higher quality but also because scarcity increases value. How do you rate A game Geechi vs A game Daylyt?
Old 11-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #10
Profess
I am the Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
I don't think I'd put geechi in the jake roberts, rick rude, mr. perfect category lol. He isn't a gatekeeper fam. All 3 of them were capable of being real belt holders imo anyway, just happens Hogan was around like Jordan in the 90's lol
I like the old school names, your list of WWE guys is better than I would have come up with without using Google to jog my memory. But real talk, what is Geechi's best performance? Dare I say, he just is a consistent B+ performer? Are there any Geechi battles you'd label classic. I liked his battle vs Surf but I think Surf had the bigger moments.
Old 11-18-2020, 12:14 AM   #11
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
I like the old school names, your list of WWE guys is better than I would have come up with without using Google to jog my memory. But real talk, what is Geechi's best performance? Dare I say, he just is a consistent B+ performer? Are there any Geechi battles you'd label classic. I liked his battle vs Surf but I think Surf had the bigger moments.
my favorite geechi battles are vs surf and vs roc. his first vs roc reminded me a lot of cal's first vs roc. just ran through a great battler no problem

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:23 AM   #12
Emancee

Quote:
Lets talk about Daylyt for a sec. When he was running around battling every Tom, Dick, and Harry did we really give a fuck about him or would we ever do back and show are new fan homies those performances as examples of what the art is all about? I wouldn't, doubt you would either. That being said, his battle vs Roc has a high level of lyricism and replay value. Because like you suggested, he had some time between battles and put his best foot forward. So I rock with your point about overexposure, not only for reasons of >prep time= higher quality but also because scarcity increases value. How do you rate A game Geechi vs A game Daylyt?
Honestly, I like Gecchi's material more and find some of Daylyt's material unbearable (An entire round of barely rhyming Mortal Kombat bars and KOTD rapper name flips and people like that?!?), but I think that a three-round prepared Daylyt would beat Geechi pretty clearly. Daylyt just has so many ways of attacking and can do so many styles (comedy, gun bars, west coast flava etc.), whereas Geechi is more the master of one style type.
Old 11-18-2020, 08:20 PM   #13
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Geechi vs Goodz is actually a really good match up. CAuse both have the ability to take the steam out of their opponents performances. Ala what Geechi did to Roc in the 1st round, probably my favorite of his to answer your question.

I don't think over exposure really impacts Geechi much tbh. If you rely more heavy on imagery, real talk, and have a top tier delivery, you will be hard to CLEARLY beat in most spots. HE beat Ice kind of easily imo, and that isn't easy to do. I think he is a more witty version of Calicoe tbh.

Goodz was kind of nonchalant about his boy Ah Di Boom's situation after the Bigg K battle. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some material about that, same as Goodz will have about Avo.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote