Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Announcement Smack/URL Presents: SMACK Volume 6 Announcement #1


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
iamHBY
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,593
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Smack/URL Presents: SMACK Volume 6 Announcement #1

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #2
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5,486
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Avo's about to get put in a bodybag on this one, lol.
__________________
Autoloss list:
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:55 AM   #3
Profess
I am the Chef
 
Profess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,915
Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Avo's about to get put in a bodybag on this one, lol.
I feel like that Avo angle has played it's course. I think a lot of the shit he said was wack but he didn't hide from the heat so he deserves respect. Goodz will airball if he goes in too heavy on that. Also, Geechi showed admirable loyalty with that situation. That said, Goodz 21 because of swag
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:16 AM   #4
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5,486
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I feel like that Avo angle has played it's course. I think a lot of the shit he said was wack but he didn't hide from the heat so he deserves respect. Goodz will airball if he goes in too heavy on that. Also, Geechi showed admirable loyalty with that situation. That said, Goodz 21 because of swag
Yeah, I hope we see it die out soon, but did you see Mook vs. Tay Roc event? Avo got bodied in like 3 of the battles, lol.

I only mention it because I think Goodz probably has something funny that he'll use it for, but I think Goodz may well finish the angle with his round.
__________________
Autoloss list:
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #5
sleeping dogs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,823
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
i got goodz 2-1. geechi can win this, but he'd have to be better than goodz for more than 1 round and i can't see it happening.
__________________
"say 'his style is very painterly' but paintings not an art
art is tricking you with statements that the painter's painting art
without an explanation it's just pretty little marks
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

current top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, pat stay, loaded lux, geechi gotti
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 06:08 PM   #6
Profess
I am the Chef
 
Profess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,915
Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Geechi is King of the mid-tier. He'd make a great Intercontenal champ in the WWE.

Do true top tiers ever win the champion belt?
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:27 AM   #7
ass2myface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,224
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Geechi is King of the mid-tier. He'd make a great Intercontenal champ in the WWE.

Do true top tiers ever win the champion belt?
I don't think I'd put geechi in the jake roberts, rick rude, mr. perfect category lol. He isn't a gatekeeper fam. All 3 of them were capable of being real belt holders imo anyway, just happens Hogan was around like Jordan in the 90's lol
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:54 AM   #8
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5,486
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Geechi is King of the mid-tier. He'd make a great Intercontenal champ in the WWE.

Do true top tiers ever win the champion belt?
He needs to be careful not to get put into that bracket. He was looking like being the Smack West Coast go to for a while, but lately he seems to be running out of steam.

Overexposure is a bitch, ask JC...
__________________
Autoloss list:
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:18 AM   #9
Profess
I am the Chef
 
Profess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,915
Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
He needs to be careful not to get put into that bracket. He was looking like being the Smack West Coast go to for a while, but lately he seems to be running out of steam.

Overexposure is a bitch, ask JC...
Lets talk about Daylyt for a sec. When he was running around battling every Tom, Dick, and Harry did we really give a fuck about him or would we ever do back and show are new fan homies those performances as examples of what the art is all about? I wouldn't, doubt you would either. That being said, his battle vs Roc has a high level of lyricism and replay value. Because like you suggested, he had some time between battles and put his best foot forward. So I rock with your point about overexposure, not only for reasons of >prep time= higher quality but also because scarcity increases value. How do you rate A game Geechi vs A game Daylyt?
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #10
Profess
I am the Chef
 
Profess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,915
Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
I don't think I'd put geechi in the jake roberts, rick rude, mr. perfect category lol. He isn't a gatekeeper fam. All 3 of them were capable of being real belt holders imo anyway, just happens Hogan was around like Jordan in the 90's lol
I like the old school names, your list of WWE guys is better than I would have come up with without using Google to jog my memory. But real talk, what is Geechi's best performance? Dare I say, he just is a consistent B+ performer? Are there any Geechi battles you'd label classic. I liked his battle vs Surf but I think Surf had the bigger moments.
Profess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 12:14 AM   #11
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird
 
Abstrakt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,157
Mentioned: 422 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I like the old school names, your list of WWE guys is better than I would have come up with without using Google to jog my memory. But real talk, what is Geechi's best performance? Dare I say, he just is a consistent B+ performer? Are there any Geechi battles you'd label classic. I liked his battle vs Surf but I think Surf had the bigger moments.
my favorite geechi battles are vs surf and vs roc. his first vs roc reminded me a lot of cal's first vs roc. just ran through a great battler no problem
__________________
GOAT

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. pat stay
4. Calicoe
5. Ill will
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 07:23 AM   #12
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5,486
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Lets talk about Daylyt for a sec. When he was running around battling every Tom, Dick, and Harry did we really give a fuck about him or would we ever do back and show are new fan homies those performances as examples of what the art is all about? I wouldn't, doubt you would either. That being said, his battle vs Roc has a high level of lyricism and replay value. Because like you suggested, he had some time between battles and put his best foot forward. So I rock with your point about overexposure, not only for reasons of >prep time= higher quality but also because scarcity increases value. How do you rate A game Geechi vs A game Daylyt?
Honestly, I like Gecchi's material more and find some of Daylyt's material unbearable (An entire round of barely rhyming Mortal Kombat bars and KOTD rapper name flips and people like that?!?), but I think that a three-round prepared Daylyt would beat Geechi pretty clearly. Daylyt just has so many ways of attacking and can do so many styles (comedy, gun bars, west coast flava etc.), whereas Geechi is more the master of one style type.
__________________
Autoloss list:
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 08:20 PM   #13
ass2myface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,224
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I like the old school names, your list of WWE guys is better than I would have come up with without using Google to jog my memory. But real talk, what is Geechi's best performance? Dare I say, he just is a consistent B+ performer? Are there any Geechi battles you'd label classic. I liked his battle vs Surf but I think Surf had the bigger moments.
Geechi vs Goodz is actually a really good match up. CAuse both have the ability to take the steam out of their opponents performances. Ala what Geechi did to Roc in the 1st round, probably my favorite of his to answer your question.

I don't think over exposure really impacts Geechi much tbh. If you rely more heavy on imagery, real talk, and have a top tier delivery, you will be hard to CLEARLY beat in most spots. HE beat Ice kind of easily imo, and that isn't easy to do. I think he is a more witty version of Calicoe tbh.

Goodz was kind of nonchalant about his boy Ah Di Boom's situation after the Bigg K battle. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have some material about that, same as Goodz will have about Avo.
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,606
Threads: 28,088
Posts: 739,799
Total Online: 1263

Newest Member: DethStryque The Invincibl

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:27 AM.