Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
DO you think battle rap PERPETUATES racism....

Old 02-01-2016, 05:10 PM   #41
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I mean wasn't Charron vs Suge supposed to be on KOTD?

It doesn't get more racist.

Shame on SMACK for putting that battle on.
ledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #42
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
A lot of the illmac, caustic, rone, Ron, charron, and others over the past few years. Just off the top of my head..
I don't know any Illmac battle I'd agree with that on. He has been the darling of the fresh coast for years and been given whoever he has wanted to battle. KOTD has only given Charron DNA last minute because of a cancelation, and they had him battle Jon Jon, which wasn't really a race influenced battle. UDubb gave him Magic, URL gave him Suge, and Don't Flop gave him Arsonal. Caustic was also one of the dudes they were pushing so he got JC, John John (which is actually a really dope battle), Verb and Arsonal (last minute replacements for Shotty Horroh both times). Rone had Big T which I thought was pretty racist, though. Particularly that "Hard hitting poet" third round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #43
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
I don't know any Illmac battle I'd agree with that on. He has been the darling of the fresh coast for years and been given whoever he has wanted to battle. KOTD has only given Charron DNA last minute because of a cancelation, and they had him battle Jon Jon, which wasn't really a race influenced battle. UDubb gave him Magic, URL gave him Suge, and Don't Flop gave him Arsonal. Caustic was also one of the dudes they were pushing so he got JC, John John (which is actually a really dope battle), Verb and Arsonal (last minute replacements for Shotty Horroh both times). Rone had Big T which I thought was pretty racist, though. Particularly that "Hard hitting poet" third round.
just going to mention rone's abe lincoln gimmick against daylyt in addition to this.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #44
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeping dogs View Post
just going to mention rone's abe lincoln gimmick against daylyt in addition to this.
Yeah, for sure. Don't Flop put that on, though, but "how you going to call Abe Lincoln racist" was so ignorant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:20 PM   #45
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I don't see that as helpful tbh. I mean, in a way, I see where your coming from but it goes beyond just that.

Again, the battles don't exist in a vacuum where only the people in attendance are affected.

Racists at home are getting off to a lot of this shit, and thus, it's promoting racism.
So battlerap is promoting racism at its core because a racist at home watches battlerap to hear a racist joke once in a while? You don't at all see the problem with that logic?

That's like saying the presidential debates as a whole promotes racism because of the 1 guy who watches to hear whatever falls out of Donald Trumps mouth

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16

Last edited by RonRon da Dong; 02-01-2016 at 05:35 PM.
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #46
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Yeah, for sure. Don't Flop put that on, though, but "how you going to call Abe Lincoln racist" was so ignorant.
1. On the expansion of slavery:

Lincoln said:

There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races ... A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas ...

2. On shipping blacks back to Africa:

Lincoln said:

In the language of Mr. Jefferson, uttered many years ago, "It is still in our power to direct the process of emancipation, and deportation, peaceably, and in such slow degrees, as that the evil will wear off insensibly; and in their places be, pari passu [on an equal basis], filled up by free white laborers."

3. On outlawing slavery in the south (before the rebellion).

Lincoln said:

I have no purpose directly or indirectly to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.

4. On equality:

Lincoln said:

I have no purpose to introduce political and social equality between the white and black races. There is physical difference between the two which, in my judgment, will probably forever forbid their living together upon the footing of perfect equality, and inasmuch as it becomes a necessity that there must be a difference, I, as well as Judge Douglas, am in favor of the race to which I belong having the superior position.

5. On inter-racial marriage:

Lincoln said:

Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man.

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #47
paddy87

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
dizaster is racist as fuck,and KOTD has been complicit in it.

naming a battle between two guys of middle eastern descent as a "terrorist rap battle"

dizaster dressing up as a monk(?) against dumbfounded

or are we only talking about white people being racist?

@hectorbizerk
paddy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:01 PM   #48
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
This is something I get from TalkBack more than here, tbh. Like, it's quite clear in some of those groups that a lot of fans of battle rap who don't like hip hop really get off on hearing battlers say racist things. Not to hate on Caustic, since I do think he can be dope, but a lot of his fans really latch onto the racial material he has spat.
Talkback is the worst
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRon da Dong View Post
So battlerap is promoting racism at its core because a racist at home watches battlerap to hear a racist joke once in a while? You don't at all see the problem with that logic?

That's like saying the presidential debates as a whole promotes racism because of the 1 guy who watches to hear whatever falls out of Donald Trumps mouth
I don't see a problem with the logic because it's not once in a while. If it was once in a while, I might see your point , but it's actually pretty pervasive. For example, take a look at kotd's talkback face book group.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #49
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Talkback is the worst

I don't see a problem with the logic because it's not once in a while. If it was once in a while, I might see your point , but it's actually pretty pervasive. For example, take a look at kotd's talkback face book group.
I don't really scroll thru talkback tbh, post drawings there once n a while but never really observed any crosses being burned on its front lawn, if there were any kind of deliberately racist posts being made in abundance I'm sure the mods would delete them accordingly to keep their statement from being promoted/reflective of the board. I think the real question concerning battlerap is which is the bigger danger, promotion of discrimination or censorship?

then rap a whole 16
Old 02-01-2016, 06:13 PM   #50
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Viewpoint is the worst , purely for the dickriding whenever a battler or staff member says something. You cant win real life conversations with likes
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:14 PM   #51
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Illmac has been setup with black battle rappers because some people felt a way about his losses to hollow, con, and arsonal. I feel like a lot of people were really invested in seeing him beat a black person.

Charron has been trying to brand himself "the smack killer" which clearly has a racial undertone.

I don't think either of those guys are even nearly racist, however, the narratives behind their campaigns are certainly racial, and people have rallied behind them with that in mind. And since this thread is asking if battle rap perpetuates racism, I'd have to say that those situations, in fact, do just that.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #52
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
I don't really scroll thru talkback tbh, post drawings there once n a while but never really observed any crosses being burned on its front lawn, if there were any kind of deliberately racist posts being made in abundance I'm sure the mods would delete them accordingly to keep their statement from being promoted/reflective of the board. I think the real question concerning battlerap is which is the bigger danger, promotion of discrimination or censorship?
You think you need to see crosses burning on a lawn for white people to be racist?
what is your definition of racism?

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:15 PM   #53
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
Viewpoint is the worst , purely for the dickriding whenever a battler or staff member says something. You cant win real life conversations with likes
Is that the don't flop 1? They banned me for posting a drawing of micky worthless and mac sherry

then rap a whole 16
Old 02-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #54
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
You think you need to see crosses burning on a lawn for white people to be racist?
That was obviously an exaggerated metaphor for I haven't seen any extremely racist posts in the times I've viewed that group. I could be wrong I honestly wouldn't know how often it happens.

then rap a whole 16
Old 02-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #55
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Is that the don't flop 1? They banned me for posting a drawing of micky worthless and mac sherry
Yeah that's the one haha i saw that a while back as well they let people post the most inane retarded shit that has nothing to do with battle rap. But as soon as you mention another league the fucking dictatorship rains down
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:25 PM   #56
cdizzle

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
cdizzle is not the worst person
-"Bulletz is corny, i'd never believe he shot a gun"
-"all those smack guys do is talk about gun bars"

....Neither of these things are even remotely racist?

Whats racist is Brodeezy calling white people farmers!!!
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:26 PM   #57
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
its all blind racism, which is the worst part.

it's people being blatantly racist and being too clouded to even realize it...
Old 02-01-2016, 06:27 PM   #58
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
People are constantly moving the goal post on whats considered racist. Like if you're not burning a cross on someone's lawn and outright dropping nbombs then it's not really racist to most apologists. Next week it'll be, "well I haven't killed any black people, so I can't be racist." But there's actually a lot of sneaky, coded language that people use that give their true feelings away if you pay attention. Things like what was mentioned in the OP: "bulletz is white", "I hate gun bars except for when charron or fresco do it", etc., clearly show, to me, where someone's heart is at. These are very commonly said things and they do show a growing racist contingent in battle rap. And again, since the discussion is about if battle rap PERPETUATES racism, I'd have to say that in some cases (mostly kotd related), it most definitely does.

Last edited by 6000GP; 02-01-2016 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:30 PM   #59
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

If what this is about is microagressions then yes battlerap perpetuates everything from racism to fat shaming, gay bashing and sexism. Its a walking, breathing example of liberal hypocrisy. I personally wouldn't mind if everyone took the high road of intellectual lyricism that, for a lack of a better word, trumps everything you say regardless of personal characteristics. Those are my favorite kinds of battles, but many of y'all are in absolute denial about how thirsty you are for the insulting nature of battlerap regardless of an angles context.

then rap a whole 16

Last edited by RonRon da Dong; 02-01-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:31 PM   #60
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
People are constantly moving the goal post on whats considered racist. Like if you're not burning a cross on someone's lawn and outright dropping nbombs then it's not really racist to most apologists. Next week it'll be, "well I haven't killed any black people, so I can't be racist." But there's actually a lot of sneaky, coded language that people use that give their true feelings away if you pay attention. Things like what was mentioned in the OP: "bulletz is white", "I hate gun bars except for when charron or fresco do it", etc., clearly show, to me, where someone's heart is at. These are very commonly said things and they do show a growing racist contingent in battle rap. And again, since the discussion is about if battle rap PERPETUATES racism, I'd have to say that in some cases, it most definitely does.
yep. microagressions which are telling because they show how deeply embedded racism is.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #61
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Define pepetuate
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #62
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Perpetrate
Old 02-01-2016, 06:34 PM   #63
averagejoe

Fuck it I don't even care any more

Use easier words nxt time
Old 02-01-2016, 06:37 PM   #64
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
Illmac has been setup with black battle rappers because some people felt a way about his losses to hollow, con, and arsonal. I feel like a lot of people were really invested in seeing him beat a black person.

Charron has been trying to brand himself "the smack killer" which clearly has a racial undertone.

I don't think either of those guys are even nearly racist, however, the narratives behind their campaigns are certainly racial, and people have rallied behind them with that in mind. And since this thread is asking if battle rap perpetuates racism, I'd have to say that those situations, in fact, do just that.
I disagree with the illmac shit. From the jump the fresh coast pushed him as the best, and gave him the best. It just turns out that most of the best battles are black. His first few written battles were diz, con, and hollow. From then on he battled who people thought were the best at something...verb, ars, bigg k, Pat stay, bender. All of those battles make sense to me. The illmac/dna battle didn't make sense from a talent standpoint.

I think a better example is real deal. Like the dude, but all he battles now are smack battlers.
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:41 PM   #65
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Also the 100 bullets not being black enough coming from white people is racist. Coming from us, it's self hate. Annoying either way.
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:42 PM   #66
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Is that how you feel when you watch the URL? Man, this was a weird post.
I'm honestly not a fan of URL or their battlers, just not my preference. I don't think it's devoid of artistic credability, but their rappers do convey themselves as mindlessly thuggish and subversive, and I've listened to enough marvellous Hip-Hop, 90-95% of which was created by black folk, to realize that URL's portrayal of black people isn't comprehensively accurate, like it doesn't illustrate that there are as many intra-sectional variations within black society as white society, so one could argue that the Battle leagues are doing a disservice to black people. Why else do you think people complain about "yet another generic gun-bar street battler"? Might it be because Battle-Rap doesn't give black people who rap like say Thesaurus, Illmaculate, Pat Stay etc much of a media platform.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:44 PM   #67
6000GP
tupac back

And also, I'm really not about censorship. If people wanna promote/perpetuate racism for a laugh, or even for a more sinister reason, then go ahead. I don't see that ending in my lifetime, anyhow. My problem is using hip hop culture to do it. Use some other outlet imo. Country music, maybe. Standup comedy. Whatever.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:48 PM   #68
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
And also, I'm really not about censorship. If people wanna promote/perpetuate racism for a laugh, or even for a more sinister reason, then go ahead. I don't see that ending in my lifetime, anyhow. My problem is using hip hop culture to do it. Use some other outlet imo. Country music, maybe. Standup comedy. Whatever.
Do you feel as strongly about fat shaming, homophobia, sexism etc in battlerap tho?

Not an attack, a legit question.

then rap a whole 16

Last edited by RonRon da Dong; 02-01-2016 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:48 PM   #69
paddy87

paddy87 is better than Grind Time Australiapaddy87 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
why is your problem with it taking place in hip hop culture?

@hectorbizerk
Old 02-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #70
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Do you feel as strongly about fat shaming, homophobia, sexism etc in battlerap tho?

Not an attack, a legit question.
I'm against all those things, in general, altho being fat isn't really in the same category of things that are out your control, tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy87 View Post
why is your problem with it taking place in hip hop culture?
To both of you tho, I wouldn't go to weight loss clinic and fat shame people. Just like I wouldn't go to a gay pride parade and promote homophobia, or go to a women's studies class promoting misogyny. I wouldn't go to a Chinese restaurant and preach hate for Asian culture, and I wouldn't go to your home and insult your family. I feel the same way about people practicing racism in a culture that was created by people of color.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:17 PM   #71
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Battlerap perpetuates discrimination, period. And you are ALL in on it.

pendejos

then rap a whole 16
Old 02-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #72
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
I'm against all those things, in general, altho being fat isn't really in the same category of things that are out your control, tbf.

To both of you tho, I wouldn't go to weight loss clinic and fat shame people. Just like I wouldn't go to a gay pride parade and promote homophobia, or go to a women's studies class promoting misogyny. I wouldn't go to a Chinese restaurant and preach hate for Asian culture, and I wouldn't go to your home and insult your family. I feel the same way about people practicing racism in a culture that was created by people of color.
Maybe you dont, but if you're going to suggest you've never made a joke or a slight to any of those things ever in your life whether in person or online I would say that you're not being completely honest with yourself. To even say the hiphop/battlerap culture as a whole was solely created and belongs to "people of color" (as to suggest exclusively non-white) is a rather racist statement in itself if you ask me.

then rap a whole 16
Old 02-01-2016, 07:31 PM   #73
paddy87

Quote:

was it only "people of colour" that created it?was there no white people taking part?

i always thought it was new yorkers that created hip hop,didn't know it was all "people of colour"

your point seems weird as fuck tbh

@hectorbizerk
Old 02-01-2016, 07:43 PM   #74
My Kall

My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Maybe you dont, but if you're going to suggest you've never made a joke or a slight to any of those things ever in your life whether in person or online I would say that you're not being completely honest with yourself. To even say the hiphop/battlerap culture as a whole was solely created and belongs to "people of color" (as to suggest exclusively non-white) is a rather racist statement in itself if you ask me.
Not only did African-Americans invent Hip-Hop, for the first 20 years after Hip-Hop's inception it was being nurtured and enriched almost exclusively by Black people. I dunno the racial composition of Hip-Hop in 2016, but in the 90s and 2000s, my two favourite eras, the most ground-breaking Hip-Hop was at least 90-95% black & latino manufacturerd, and you gotta honour that. Admittedly Battle-Rap is a periferal entity, but it's still a descendant of Hip-Hop, and you can't ignore Hip-Hop history. White people are invited to the party, but we don't own the venue.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #75
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kall View Post
Not only did African-Americans invent Hip-Hop, for the first 20 years after Hip-Hop's inception it was being nurtured and enriched almost exclusively by Black people. I dunno the racial composition of Hip-Hop in 2016, but in the 90s and 2000s, my two favourite eras, the most ground-breaking Hip-Hop was at least 90-95% black & latino manufacturerd, and you gotta honour that. Admittedly Battle-Rap is a periferal entity, but it's still a descendant of Hip-Hop, and you can't ignore Hip-Hop history. White people are invited to the party, but we don't own the venue.
The venue isn't owned by anyone, it's shared. You're basically creating a racial hierarchy for hip hop that's says double standards and limitations must be inforced under the condition that you are caucasian.

then rap a whole 16
Old 02-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #76
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

backpackers and conscious hip hop fans/rappers are some of the most racist entitled people.

white people hating on white people is so white.

fuck.

im glad im not from a shithole where we dont realize how the world works.

jersey.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #77
My Kall

Quote:
was it only "people of colour" that created it?was there no white people taking part?

i always thought it was new yorkers that created hip hop,didn't know it was all "people of colour"

Do some research of 1990s Hip-Hop. The decade was an oasis of magical Hip-Hop and only a fractional portion of that was created by white people. Hip-Hop was as racially homogeneous as URL is now, if not more so.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:00 PM   #78
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 285 Post(s)
TheRealDetour is not the worst person
it doesn't perpetuate RACISM, but it most definitely perpetuates PREJUDICE...

prejudice - discriminating against someone else cuz they're different
racism - using a position of power/influence/privilege to oppress those u are prejudiced against

battle rap does not perpetuate white people oppressing black people, if anything it's a format where black people have the "natural advantage," or could be said to be the "privileged race," but the whole idea of battle rap is to insult the other person, an point out things that are terrible about them, so the whole thing revolves around being lyrically prejudiced towards others in the first place...

its a beautiful thing tho, cuz battle rap is one of the few places, if not the only, where u can just say the most G-d awful hateful, prejudice, racist, misogynistic, anti-homosexual, what-the-fuck-ever shit u want an people don't get offended by it...as much as u can say it encourages prejudice, it also shows a lot of tolerance, understanding, maturity...if everybody, in and out of battle rap, could have that same ability to shrug off insults an harsh statements, nobody would ever get in fights an the world would be a peaceful place...

so, basically, battle rap = world peace

It takes some skill to engage haters and keep shit going like he did. In truth he made a fool of Thesaurus in an earlier thread.
www.youtube.com/dubtreys
TheRealDetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:02 PM   #79
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 285 Post(s)
TheRealDetour is not the worst person
Quote:

hip-hop/rap/etc. = predominantly created by black people
rick rubin = the exception to that paradigm

It takes some skill to engage haters and keep shit going like he did. In truth he made a fool of Thesaurus in an earlier thread.
www.youtube.com/dubtreys
TheRealDetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #80
Ness Lee
VIP

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Ness Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time AustraliaNess Lee is better than Grind Time Australia
Both. Live events for the most part are always a melting pot of cultures enjoying themselves together. I'm sure a live event has helped change someone's perspective of a different race for the better at some point or another.

But live events don't play as big a part as online viewership. Online viewers don't get to see the comradery. Only the insults. And they attach themselves and whatever hatred they have, to the Arsonal's and Caustic's and feed off of their content.

Last edited by Ness Lee; 02-01-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Ness Lee is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
*edit, 257, 6000gp nobody gives a fuck if you edit, 601, 712, 716, facts, hypocrisy, murder capital, white alliance