Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
This new Bodied movie will be fuckin shit!

Old 07-31-2016, 12:01 PM   #81
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
What y'all expecting Apocalypse Now or A Clockwork Orange?

It's gonna be entertaining af & will give context to our subculture..

The racial satire element was just a publicist being slightly off base imo.. It's way more then that
Old 07-31-2016, 02:16 PM   #82
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
I think the idea of a contemporary battle rap movie featuring irl battle rappers is extra legit, and a good look for everyone involved. I like it superficially. I DON'T like a battle rap movie as being a vehicle for a "racial satire" (not my words). Especially thinking about the people involved, the source material, and the state of the country as it relates to racial tention, I just disagree with the angle on a fundamental level. I don't like the idea of an artform that was created, in part, to be a refuge from racism, being used to "satirically" promote/celebrate racism.

Also, the director was the same guy who did the movie "Detention" which looked like some second rate, nickelodeon-type shit.

There's other things, but thats most of it
Racial satire doesn't mean to celebrate or promote racism
We dont' know how they are going to approach it. Lets hope it's not in the way you seem to view it.

Racial satire is a way to get refuge from racism if done right

I honestly didn't watch Detention

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 02:17 PM   #83
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
You might be right, which is why I'm gonna stop hating on it, which is why mumbles needs to stop bringing up old shit
What have i brought up
You are confusing me with something else

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:15 PM   #84
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Racial satire doesn't mean to celebrate or promote racism
We dont' know how they are going to approach it. Lets hope it's not in the way you seem to view it.

Racial satire is a way to get refuge from racism if done right

I honestly didn't watch Detention
Racial satire IS NOT refuge from racism, the hell are you talking about? It's the exact opposite of refuge. I don't like the idea of battle rap being racialized, or politicized, or used to make some kind of social statement, especially by the same people who introduced racism into battle rap, and to this day have racist elements that they celebrate and promote within their movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
What have i brought up
You are confusing me with something else
This topic was dead days ago, you really didnt need to bring it back up. Especially quoting me after I already said that I was trying to stop hating on it.

*edit

Tbf, I just realized that I didn't say anything about me not talking about this movie in this thread. Must've been a different thread.

Last edited by 6000GP; 07-31-2016 at 06:28 PM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:47 PM   #85
SpecialOh

Mentioned: 1156 Post(s)
SpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local leagueSpecialOh is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
The racial satire element was just a publicist being slightly off base imo.. It's way more then that
its not all about and focused on that?
SpecialOh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:35 AM   #86
Nick H.
on her mind, in her mouth

Mentioned: 471 Post(s)
Nick H. is better than Grind Time AustraliaNick H. is better than Grind Time Australia
Send a message via AIM to Nick H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh View Post
its not all about and focused on that?
I wouldn't call it a 'racial satire' at all.. But that's jus me..

I grew up on movie sets this one was pretty legit
Old 08-01-2016, 01:55 AM   #87
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Lush do you have any idea when we'll see a trailer or release date or anything?
Old 08-01-2016, 02:14 AM   #88
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1464 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick H. View Post
that's what I figured

definitely accomplished the goal of making people discuss it though
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:59 AM   #89
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Save the backlash for when the film comes out, or at least we know a little more. The film barely just wrapped, there isn't even a trailer, and people still ready to shit all over it for some quote about it being a "racial satire" (still not sure what they mean by that) and just that there are battle rappers involved so it must suck.

@6000GP you called Joseph Kahn a Jewish guy...I just wanted to bring that up again.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:06 AM   #90
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 834 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
did they shoot this whole movie mad quickly? seems like we just heard about it and now its basically wrapped right
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:29 AM   #91
JOBone
Seasoned fan

JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
did they shoot this whole movie mad quickly? seems like we just heard about it and now its basically wrapped right
I did see on Joseph Kahn's twitter that it was 24 days of shooting principal photography, which is normal-ish, I think.

But he also said they shot like 30 pages of script in 3 days where he normally shoots 3 pages a day. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but it seems they were on an accelerated schedule.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:30 AM   #92
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdk View Post
Seems like they were shooting for about a month. Not uncommon
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 08-01-2016, 03:33 AM   #93
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
I did see on Joseph Kahn's twitter that it was 24 days of shooting principal photography, which is normal-ish, I think.

But he also said they shot like 30 pages of script in 3 days where he normally shoots 3 pages a day. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but it seems they were on an accelerated schedule.
I bet they had to shoot the scenes that required having all the battlers together in a short amount of time
Quote:
Old 08-01-2016, 03:37 AM   #94
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
I bet they had to shoot the scenes that required having all the battlers together in a short amount of time
Good point. That makes a lot of sense with as many cameos as they had. Especially since even if they had small parts, they probably had to be in the shots of the crowd for the battles or scenes like that.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:05 AM   #95
SCVTTERBRVIN
Unregistered User

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
SCVTTERBRVIN is not the worst person
i'm definitely going to peep when it comes out.
SCVTTERBRVIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 05:07 AM   #96
iamHBY

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Wrap party was tonight, and the battles look super authentic. I can't wait to see how the final product looks.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:52 PM   #97
y100dude

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
y100dude is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post

I wonder if these could be battle scenes? It would be a lot of dialogue if they actually incorporate full battles/rounds into the movie.
y100dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #98
Battlehogg

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Battlehogg is better than Grind Time AustraliaBattlehogg is better than Grind Time Australia
Asuming there's about 5 battles in the movie (Diz was complaining in his AF interview that 8 Mile only had 3 so it must be more than that) that's going to run in at well over an hour. It wouldn't leave a whole lot of room for any actual content.
Battlehogg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #99
ICeeZeeI
Oliver ClothesOff

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
ICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time AustraliaICeeZeeI is better than Grind Time Australia
Ill get'cha mothas digits foe a dollah tamarrow
ICeeZeeI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 08:18 PM   #100
iamHBY

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by y100dude View Post
I wonder if these could be battle scenes? It would be a lot of dialogue if they actually incorporate full battles/rounds into the movie.
Yeah, the takes on the rounds were pretty long, and with one page of dialogue in a script equaling one minute of running time in a movie, they were able to knock out a bunch of material pretty swiftly. IIRC, there were like 6 or so battles filmed (I believe all one-rounders though, because if they did full battles for all the battles, Bodied would be like 3 hours long).
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:55 AM   #101
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Did they get Marvwon for a cameo?

After being on 8 Mile, him being on Bodied 14 years later would bring everything full circle.

Tags