Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
SMACK ADMITS TIMETABLE NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR SM6, NOME 6 & ROOKIES vs VETS IN 2016!!!

Old 08-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #41
Serge T
Magitek Mayhem

Mentioned: 314 Post(s)
Serge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local leagueSerge T is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Guess I'm a pussy then for not running up on battlers like "YOU GOT BODIED, YOU WERE CORNY AS FUCK IN THAT BATTLE!"
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/t0brk3...n---uncensored
Serge T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:06 PM   #42
iamHBY

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serge T View Post
Thanks Serge! I gotta revisit Chappelle's Show, it's been far too long since I last watched an episode.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 10:13 PM   #43
mdk
Hetero Killer Whale

Mentioned: 832 Post(s)
mdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarcticamdk is better than Grind Time Antarctica
and he shouted out Brother Polight

this dude is everywhere
mdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:21 PM   #44
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
That really sucks for them.

Time to move base from NY, URL.

Anyone know what happened with the Maidson Square Garden event? I haven't been following battle rap very close for the last 7+ months but I haven't seen anything about this event.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #45
JOBone
Seasoned fan

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
JOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJOBone is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@iamHBY has always seemed like a level headed poster in here that actually goes to battle events all over, for every league. @6000GP what's going on?
Old 08-04-2016, 12:14 AM   #46
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
That really sucks for them.

Time to move base from NY, URL.

Anyone know what happened with the Maidson Square Garden event? I haven't been following battle rap very close for the last 7+ months but I haven't seen anything about this event.
The MSG event never ended up happening, for a multitude of rumored reasons. But yeah, I've been saying for awhile that URL needs to start doing major events on the road, I think it'll give them a new energy.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:53 AM   #47
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOBone View Post
@iamHBY has always seemed like a level headed poster in here that actually goes to battle events all over, for every league. @6000GP what's going on?
I fux with u Jobe, so I'm gonna break it down to you real quick, and then hopefully we can move on...

http://rmbva.com/showthread.php?t=25317
^^^Hardly even noticed dude before a couple months ago when the thread above was made. If you take a look, you'll notice that I'm not hating on or talking shit about anyone or anything. On the other hand, dude is in there hating on everything not to do with KOTD, particularly URL. He describes their battles as "looking like shit" and "craptacular". He goes on to hate on John Dough and JJDD's league, also. So anyway, when I read about his experience with URL staff I'm thinking, "aw, that's pretty cool of norbes to share that info with a guy who shits on his livelyhood." and then I wonder if during their exchanges does iamhby still have that same hate inside him that he had online. Turns out he didn't.

Now, if it were me, I wouldn't "run up" on someone and say that their battles are "craptacular". First off, I'd never use the word "craptacular". I can't say what he should have done, as I communicate the same way online as IRL, so I don't have to worry about that. But at the same time, I also feel like trashing people behind their back or on the internet and then smiling in their faces is just some shit that a man doesn't do, and I'd probably feel like a sucker for doing it. Meanwhile, he seems to be proud of it lol. No big deal, really. The fact that people keep talking about it is the only thing keeping it going. I really couldn't care less tbh.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:56 AM   #48
iamHBY

You never watched The Simpsons as a kid 6000GP?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:04 AM   #49
iamHBY

"Craptacular" is what Bart Simpson said about Homer's abilities when it came to setting up Christmas lights, and you can never go wrong with a Simpsons quote. That said, I might be opinionated about certain things with URL, but in my interactions with Smack and Norbes on the set of Bodied, none of that came up on their end, so I didn't bother bringing it up (especially since they were both nice). I might not be an Arsonal fan, but I had a great conversation with him about the benefits of battling overseas, and how he wishes more of his contemporaries would do that.

Now, as far as my criticisms of Black Ice or Bullpen, read up on enough film school basics, and you'll learn where those guys need to fix things. I'd say hit up Avocado or Clayton for advice, but GP, since you seem to harbor some weird ill feelings towards anyone from the Fresh Coast dating back to the days when you went to GT events, apparently that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Being professional > "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong."
Old 08-04-2016, 01:12 AM   #50
rebel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
rebel is not the worst person
Quote:
"Craptacular" is what Bart Simpson said about Homer's abilities when it came to setting up Christmas lights, and you can never go wrong with a Simpsons quote. That said, I might be opinionated about certain things with URL, but in my interactions with Smack and Norbes on the set of Bodied, none of that came up on their end, so I didn't bother bringing it up (especially since they were both nice). I might not be an Arsonal fan, but I had a great conversation with him about the benefits of battling overseas, and how he wishes more of his contemporaries would do that.

Now, as far as my criticisms of Black Ice or Bullpen, read up on enough film school basics, and you'll learn where those guys need to fix things. I'd say hit up Avocado or Clayton for advice, but GP, since you seem to harbor some weird ill feelings towards anyone from the Fresh Coast dating back to the days when you went to GT events, apparently that's not going to happen anytime soon.

Being professional > "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong."
Nah man. You're supposed to confront people with your personal opinions about their videos or you're a pussy.
rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:13 AM   #51
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
Nah man. You're supposed to confront people with your personal opinions about their videos or you're a pussy.
Fuck! Sounds like I'm doing the Internet wrong.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:19 AM   #52
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
GP, since you seem to harbor some weird ill feelings towards anyone from the Fresh Coast dating back to the days when you went to GT events, apparently that's not going to happen anytime soon.
I find the idea of you guys talking about me on a movie set flattering, but seriously, please stop spreading lies

I don't lie about any of you
Old 08-04-2016, 01:19 AM   #53
rebel

Quote:
Fuck! Sounds like I'm doing the Internet wrong.
It's cool. It takes time to learn the rules. Next time you see him just hand him a copy of your RMBVA post history. That way he knows who he's dealing with.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:21 AM   #54
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
It's cool. It takes time to learn the rules. Next time you see him just hand him a copy of your RMBVA post history. That way he knows who he's dealing with.
OR, just don't say anything online you wouldn't say in real life. Crazy, right?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:27 AM   #55
iamHBY

Quote:
Alright, at Traffic 2, I'll show up with a copy of my RMBVA posting history.

Also, GP, you never went to the GT events back in the day?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:32 AM   #56
rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Kind of is crazy to think I'd have to alert people I just met on negative Internet comments I've made about a few of their videos. Especially if my opinion wasn't asked for. Like, BTW Norbes, I thought a couple of those battles were craptastic. How do you feel about that?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:48 AM   #57
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Alright, at Traffic 2, I'll show up with a copy of my RMBVA posting history.

Also, GP, you never went to the GT events back in the day?
Yeah, I went to some GT and Da Jungle events back in the day. It was cool. I might even go again someday if they ever have a battle I wanna see in person. Hasn't happened in years tho.

I don't have an issue with all the fresh coast dudes. I've given GT and KOTD hundreds of dollars over the years. Btw, I haven't given any other league a smooth ass penny. That's gotta count for something. I just don't like people who use (or support people who use) hip hop culture to promote racism, especially when they play dumb about it, or cop out. Also (and this isn't exactly the same issue), a handful of those guys have insulted me online for my opinions that werent nearly as scathing as saying things like "'such and such' looks like shit" or is "craptacular". I don't hate on anyone who hasn't insulted me first. I'm a pretty chill dude tbh. I just see things differently than you.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:50 AM   #58
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Kind of is crazy to think I'd have to alert people I just met on negative Internet comments I've made about a few of their videos. Especially if my opinion wasn't asked for. Like, BTW Norbes, I thought a couple of those battles were craptastic. How do you feel about that?
Huh. Interesting take. Here's mine: don't say things online you wouldn't say in real life.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:50 AM   #59
iamHBY

Quote:
That'd be as sus as running into an actress that you think's the most attractive and then telling her, "Hey, I'm in a relationship, but my girlfriend says if the opportunity arose, I have a hall pass with you." Super weird.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:15 AM   #60
iamHBY

Quote:
Huh. Interesting take. Here's mine: don't say things online you wouldn't say in real life.
Would you say any of the things you've said about Caddy on here to Lush's face, or say any of the stuff you've said in person to anyone you've gone after from the Fresh Coast, at a Bunker event?
Old 08-04-2016, 02:31 AM   #61
brodeezy

Mentioned: 627 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
"anyone you've gone after"

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:39 AM   #62
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Would you say any of the things you've said about Caddy on here to Lush's face, or say any of the stuff you've said in person to anyone you've gone after from the Fresh Coast, at a Bunker event?
Like what, for example? Who have I gone after and what did I say?

Pleasebelieveme, I've had real life run-ins with peckerwoods, and I got no love for them

*edit

AT ALL
Old 08-04-2016, 02:42 AM   #63
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
Quote:
Maybe he would if they asked his opinion. It could simply be the quality of URL battle vids didn't come up.

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:47 AM   #64
iamHBY

Somehow 6000GP, you always seem to get into it with pretty anyone from the Fresh Coast that posts on here, and Madness still wants to punch you in the mouth. Plus, I was cool with Caddy in the last couple of years of his life, and for some reason, you still seem to think he was a racist, even though he showed up to various KOTD, Ham On Everything and rap events in general in Los Angeles. You keep saying I'm a pussy for not bringing up to Norbes how I thought the battles from the APDTD PG's looked bad, but I'm all about learning about other's perspectives, so I was curious to see if you'd say any of the stuff you say on RMBVA in person to any of the battle figures you've gotten into various discrepancies with at The Bunker. I mean, you'll have fun at The Bunker, the tacos are great, and the events usually finish up pretty quickly (and it's only a few hours away from wherever you happen to supposedly be in NorCal).

And if you think I've never gotten into with people IRL after shit I've said online, Alkatraz from LABG approached me at B2B 4 on Day 1, after we went at it on Unbias, and one of the first things he said was a compliment about how I never attacked him personally after he tried to bait me. Same goes for Cali Smoov; after getting into it with him on Talkback over something involving TheSaurus, he came up to me Day 1 of BATB 1, asked if we're cool, and I had some good discussions with him on the set of Bodied.

Also, I do know that you friend requested me on Facebook, when I reminded you that PH vs. Dirtbag Dan was one of the only judged battles on URL. Now, to figure out how the Ignore function works on here.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:52 AM   #65
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
Maybe he would if they asked his opinion. It could simply be the quality of URL battle vids didn't come up.
Bingo.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:56 AM   #66
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Somehow 6000GP, you always seem to get into it with pretty anyone from the Fresh Coast that posts on here, and Madness still wants to punch you in the mouth. Plus, I was cool with Caddy in the last couple of years of his life, and for some reason, you still seem to think he was a racist, even though he showed up to various KOTD, Ham On Everything and rap events in general in Los Angeles. You keep saying I'm a pussy for not bringing up to Norbes how I thought the battles from the APDTD PG's looked bad, but I'm all about learning about other's perspectives, so I was curious to see if you'd say any of the stuff you say on RMBVA in person to any of the battle figures you've gotten into various discrepancies with at The Bunker. I mean, you'll have fun at The Bunker, the tacos are great, and the events usually finish up pretty quickly (and it's only a few hours away from wherever you happen to supposedly be in NorCal).

And if you think I've never gotten into with people IRL after shit I've said online, Alkatraz from LABG approached me at B2B 4 on Day 1, after we went at it on Unbias, and one of the first things he said was a compliment about how I never attacked him personally after he tried to bait me. Same goes for Cali Smoov; after getting into it with him on Talkback over something involving TheSaurus, he came up to me Day 1 of BATB 1, asked if we're cool, and I had some good discussions with him on the set of Bodied.

Also, I do know that you friend requested me on Facebook, when I reminded you that PH vs. Dirtbag Dan was one of the only judged battles on URL. Now, to figure out how the Ignore function works on here.

I dont care to address the other made up shit you said

We both live in California, you already know that we got the bombest tacos, no argument there
Old 08-04-2016, 02:58 AM   #67
6000GP
tupac back

Texas got some bomb ass Mexican food, too. I feel bad for you other people missing out. Just scored a California burrito and 30'd that bitch lol
Old 08-04-2016, 03:03 AM   #68
iamHBY

Quote:
I dont care to address the other made up shit you said

We both live in California, you already know that we got the bombest tacos, no argument there
Then come on down to The Bunker then. The taco bar that's been at the last two events has been top notch as fuck.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:23 AM   #69
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Then come on down to The Bunker then. The taco bar that's been at the last two events has been top notch as fuck.
Its raining tacos out here, bruh

I'll go to another event when there's battles that I wanna see in person. All the battlers that I wanna see live don't come out here, and if they do, its a wacky style clash.

I don't go to live football games anymore for the same reason that I don't go to battle events. I'm just over it. I can watch them at home at my leisure, and dont have to spend an entire day on it.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:29 AM   #70
iamHBY

Quote:
Its raining tacos out here, bruh

I'll go to another event when there's battles that I wanna see in person. All the battlers that I wanna see live don't come out here, and if they do, its a wacky style clash.

I don't go to live football games anymore for the same reason that I don't go to battle events. I'm just over it. I can watch them at home at my leisure, and dont have to spend an entire day on it.
That's the thing with The Bunker. Last event, I got there at about 2:00-2:30pm, and I was out by just a little bit before 7pm. That's only a few hours, with time left afterwards for so many activities. Also, shout out to Guisados, those are probably the best tacos ever.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:34 AM   #71
Nikolas34520

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
All this taco talk is getting me hungry, screw you guys and your awesomely convenient taco's, I gotta settle for a poutine.
Nikolas34520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 03:36 AM   #72
iamHBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas34520 View Post
All this taco talk is getting me hungry, screw you guys and your awesomely convenient taco's, I gotta settle for a poutine.
Coincidentally enough, there's an oxtail poutine I've heard a lot about in Los Angeles that I've gotta check out.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:39 AM   #73
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
That's the thing with The Bunker. Last event, I got there at about 2:00-2:30pm, and I was out by just a little bit before 7pm. That's only a few hours, with time left afterwards for so many activities. Also, shout out to Guisados, those are probably the best tacos ever.
I live in Sac. I got my sister and several cousins and aunts/uncles that live in LA/socal. Maybe next time I'm out there and theres a function, I may consider it IF the card appeals to me. I don't hate or hate on anyone, man. But I also don't switch my stance from online to real life. Its all the same to me.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:41 AM   #74
Nikolas34520

Nikolas34520 is better than Grind Time AustraliaNikolas34520 is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Coincidentally enough, there's an oxtail poutine I've heard a lot about in Los Angeles that I've gotta check out.
WTF is that?!, oxtail?

I've said once and will keep saying, if it ain't QC it don't count. Some of the poutines they post on talkback look pretty nasty, I gotta post one of my poutines one day to show what they really look like.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:43 AM   #75
6000GP
tupac back

There's a Peruvian spot around the corner that I go to for breakfast here and there. Their breakfast is super bomb. They also have poutine there but I've never tried it. Looks kinda greasy and heavy. I mean, the potatoes and stuff look good, but it looks like they drizzle it with wet cement. Isn't poutine a French Canadian thing, anyway? I've been meaning to ask them about it.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:52 AM   #76
Nikolas34520

Quote:
There's a Peruvian spot around the corner that I go to for breakfast here and there. Their breakfast is super bomb. They also have poutine there but I've never tried it. Looks kinda greasy and heavy. I mean, the potatoes and stuff look good, but it looks like they drizzle it with wet cement. Isn't poutine a French Canadian thing, anyway? I've been meaning to ask them about it.
Oh yes it's french-canadian thing. Mostly cause no one outside Quebec can do it right. It's an acquired taste but I suggest if you ever have one go to La Belle Province, it a chain of fast food restaurants here thats known for it. The cheese and the gravy is what can make or break a poutine and homemade fries makes it 10x better imo.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:55 AM   #77
Nikolas34520

If I go to Cali one day, there's so much food to try out I don't know where to begin. Some of the stuff you guys have talked about gives me the face Homer makes when he see's donuts.
Old 08-04-2016, 03:56 AM   #78
iamHBY

Quote:
WTF is that?!, oxtail?

I've said once and will keep saying, if it ain't QC it don't count. Some of the poutines they post on talkback look pretty nasty, I gotta post one of my poutines one day to show what they really look like.
Oxtail's actually pretty delicious. I thought it was weird at first, but then I had some oxtail off a Jamaican food truck, and it was pretty delicious. Google Animal on Fairfax for the oxtail poutine, it looks pretty delicious (so much so, even Oshea wouldn't be mad at it).
Old 08-04-2016, 04:08 AM   #79
Nikolas34520

Quote:
Oxtail's actually pretty delicious. I thought it was weird at first, but then I had some oxtail off a Jamaican food truck, and it was pretty delicious. Google Animal on Fairfax for the oxtail poutine, it looks pretty delicious (so much so, even Oshea wouldn't be mad at it).
Lmao, Oshea just had Poutine at the wrong place, I'd be pissed too if that's what I got.

I checked it out and it doesn't look too bad, the Oxtail stuff looks pretty good, a bit weird it's the gravy but I can dig it like chilli cheese fries. The only thing is the cheese cause in QC we use cheese curds in our poutines which imo, gives it it's taste.

It's not like I expect to get indian food from India here in Montreal, same shit. Just like how taco's suck here, poutines suck anywhere else but here.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:19 AM   #80
iamHBY

Quote:
If I go to Cali one day, there's so much food to try out I don't know where to begin. Some of the stuff you guys have talked about gives me the face Homer makes when he see's donuts.
Yeah, there's a lot to choose from in Cali, I'm surprised not everyone's 400 pounds with how good the food is out here. There's a couple poutine spots in Los Angeles that have opened up randomly in the last year or so, I guess there's enough of a contingency of Canadians that moved down here to where poutine restaurants are a thing.

Tags
froggang