Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Vault
#THEBUNKER - AYE VERB vs THESAURUS


View Poll Results: Who won?
Aye Verb 29 51.79%
Thesaurus 27 48.21%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #81
Trill Murray
Registered User
 
Trill Murray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,472
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Trill Murray is not the worst person
verb edged it, but that mazda 6 bit was hilarious

great battle by 2 legends who dont have anything left to prove

hate to break the tie in a poll haha
__________________
"the boston battle scene is the worst thing poppin,
you play for the worst team and you the 3rd string option,you gettin yo ass whooped, and everybody on the first team watchin, this we clap hammers here batman premiere that clip release got at least 13 droppin!!" -JC against Chilla
Trill Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:43 AM   #82
3xthoroughb
Crakk Nicholson
 
3xthoroughb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 2,022
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
3xthoroughb is not the worst person
good battle, two of the greats. saurus might have just barely taken this, but verb when hes on is one the most creative rhymers point blank
__________________
whose the best? pac nas and big
aint no best


http://crakknicholson.com/
3xthoroughb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:14 PM   #83
Solace254
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Solace254 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPR Holiday View Post
Yall gassing the fuck out of Aye Verb and I get it, its the first performance where he came off like he gave a shit in years so its hard not to. But honestly, even though his delivery and performance was on point his punches were super light, lazy even, and I can't even see how cats think it was close and it wasn't even one of Pete's best performances. If anyone but aye verb spit some of that shit yall would be roasting him, cmon. 2-1 Thesaurus.
Completely off. I understand Verb has a very disagreeable persona to the grindtimeish world of battling. Understanding that fact I automatically disregard any crowd reaction in his battles. Off bars, presence, and rapping ability alone I edged him this one. You bugging with that gassing shit. It's actually the other way around. "One shot lift his spirits like a confidence booster". Come on son, really? You out ya bird if you say shit like that isn't pure ethanol.
Solace254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:24 PM   #84
StankDaddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace254 View Post
Completely off. I understand Verb has a very disagreeable persona to the grindtimeish world of battling. Understanding that fact I automatically disregard any crowd reaction in his battles. Off bars, presence, and rapping ability alone I edged him this one. You bugging with that gassing shit. It's actually the other way around. "One shot lift his spirits like a confidence booster". Come on son, really? You out ya bird if you say shit like that isn't pure ethanol.
I respectfully, but with a chuckle, disagree. I think Topr's probably bigging up his boy off the back of their battle a bit but his main point is straight truth.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #85
Solace254
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Solace254 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
I respectfully, but with a chuckle, disagree. I think Topr's probably bigging up his boy off the back of their battle a bit but his main point is straight truth.
You ain't even making sense. Biggin up his boy by saying people are gassing verb? And you mean to tell me the "confidence booster" line is fire? Foh, Verb gets hated on out the gate, is your nut huggin calculations accounting for that? Or Topr's I'm curious, no hate.
Solace254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #86
StankDaddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace254 View Post
You ain't even making sense. Biggin up his boy by saying people are gassing verb? And you mean to tell me the "confidence booster" line is fire? Foh, Verb gets hated on out the gate, is your nut huggin calculations accounting for that? Or Topr's I'm curious, no hate.
This is an incredibly defensive response. My psychological analysis hub is going wild.

I made sense. Topr's bigging Saurus up, probably too much, by trying to make Verb look 'shit' in comparison. He wasn't, Verb was fire but Topr's absolutely right that people are going off for Verb because its a semi-return to form. This doesn't have a patch on his top three-four battles. Its just a lot better than he has been doing. Which is absolute dogshit.

I didn't say anything at all about hte confidence booster line. You're rather showing your hand there. But you know in your heart of hearts if Verb/pretty much any 'smack' battler spit that it would be considered fire. There's a pretty fucked up double standard around that.
I showed you respect, you were a prick. Good job
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:24 PM   #87
Solace254
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Solace254 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
This is an incredibly defensive response. My psychological analysis hub is going wild.

I made sense. Topr's bigging Saurus up, probably too much, by trying to make Verb look 'shit' in comparison. He wasn't, Verb was fire but Topr's absolutely right that people are going off for Verb because its a semi-return to form. This doesn't have a patch on his top three-four battles. Its just a lot better than he has been doing. Which is absolute dogshit.

I didn't say anything at all about hte confidence booster line. You're rather showing your hand there. But you know in your heart of hearts if Verb/pretty much any 'smack' battler spit that it would be considered fire. There's a pretty fucked up double standard around that.
I showed you respect, you were a prick. Good job
Damn son, psychological analysis hub? That pretty much sums it up. I felt like you was nut hugging so I said it. However I didn't call you a name. Same way y'all feel people are riding Aye Verb for his "return to form". Foh with then double standards. Confidence booster woukd never be hot it's a filler line. In my " heart of hearts", that's what I truly believe. Same way I think the sad flow suckers shit is whack too.

Again, you didn't touch on the fact that Verb gets mad hate from his string of subpar performances and his disagreeable personality. So let me flip that dumb shit y'all are saying.

If people are "gassing" him, is it safe to assume y'all are shittin on him due to his past? Looking for every chink in his armor cuz people are actually picking him over Thesaurus this battle? That logic is starting to look shaky baby...
Solace254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #88
StankDaddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 357
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy User wishes battle rap was all still freestyled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace254 View Post
Damn son, psychological analysis hub? That pretty much sums it up. I felt like you was nut hugging so I said it. However I didn't call you a name. Same way y'all feel people are riding Aye Verb for his "return to form". Foh with then double standards. Confidence booster woukd never be hot it's a filler line. In my " heart of hearts", that's what I truly believe. Same way I think the sad flow suckers shit is whack too.

Again, you didn't touch on the fact that Verb gets mad hate from his string of subpar performances and his disagreeable personality. So let me flip that dumb shit y'all are saying.

If people are "gassing" him, is it safe to assume y'all are shittin on him due to his past? Looking for every chink in his armor cuz people are actually picking him over Thesaurus this battle? That logic is starting to look shaky baby...
Ok well im going to ignore that first paragraph as it doesn't actually say anything except that you don't like that line. Fair enough.
No you, didn't call me a name. Sorry for going there.

I don't really think he does. His performances get hate. Did you see the thread about Verb falling off? most people backed him up and just sort of hated on his attitude towards his battles. That's fair. He had like five horrible performances because he didn't try. Thats disrespectful as FUCK to leagues and opponents.

That last part with the question is nonsensical. This wasn't his best performance. Thesaurus did better. That's just how most people are feeling from what i can see. That's it. There's no reason for it other than his performance.
Some people are gonna be shitheads about battlers whatever they do, but overall its just reacting to whats in front of you. In this case, a good, but not spectacular Verb performance whihc looks great because he's been doing badly.
StankDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:18 PM   #89
Solace254
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Solace254 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
Ok well im going to ignore that first paragraph as it doesn't actually say anything except that you don't like that line. Fair enough.
No you, didn't call me a name. Sorry for going there.

I don't really think he does. His performances get hate. Did you see the thread about Verb falling off? most people backed him up and just sort of hated on his attitude towards his battles. That's fair. He had like five horrible performances because he didn't try. Thats disrespectful as FUCK to leagues and opponents.

That last part with the question is nonsensical. This wasn't his best performance. Thesaurus did better. That's just how most people are feeling from what i can see. That's it. There's no reason for it other than his performance.
Some people are gonna be shitheads about battlers whatever they do, but overall its just reacting to whats in front of you. In this case, a good, but not spectacular Verb performance whihc looks great because he's been doing badly.
Lol I'm just fucking with you. I appreciate it though, I came off aggressive so it's my bad too. Now let's get to chopping this fable.

First paragraph isn't nonsensical. I see a corny line getting props out of all the hot lines he said, so I pick that apart. I also mention a corny Verb line out of a few to show I'm not being biased. Not my main point, but you can see why I'm pointing it out if we're talking about gassing shit up.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people actually prefer Verbs approach? Considering this is such a subjective sport, and it's no longer judged for the moat part, why does it have to be because of overhyping?

Finally you said it yourself, it's because of his performance. Honestly I'm speaking as someone who hasn't followed battle rap. I don't know about Verbs shitty performances aside from the hate on this site. So I'm judging the battle completely free of bias. I liked Verb better just off the strength of this battle. I understand what you're saying, but jayblac said it too. I just hate when people be tryin to sherlock Holmes the shit instead of just allowing people to have their own opinion. Feel me?
Solace254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:49 AM   #90
TOPR Holiday
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
TOPR Holiday is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace254 View Post
"One shot lift his spirits like a confidence booster". Come on son, really? You out ya bird if you say shit like that isn't pure ethanol.
Please. I've heard the punchline concept of that line done at least a dozen times and better. Shit I said "one shot'll lift your spirits like a toast to victory" on a song in 1998 for christ sake.
TOPR Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 03:12 AM   #91
Solace254
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Solace254 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPR Holiday View Post
Please. I've heard the punchline concept of that line done at least a dozen times and better. Shit I said "one shot'll lift your spirits like a toast to victory" on a song in 1998 for christ sake.
That's my point. It's a played out filler punch. Corny old concept. Not hating cuz Aye Verb had some really played out shit too, just don't sell that bullshit like it's fire because that is straight riding and you know it. Again not hating but it works both ways. Plus Aye Verb was out west in a legends back yard.
Solace254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #92
TOPR Holiday
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
TOPR Holiday is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace254 View Post
That's my point. It's a played out filler punch. Corny old concept. Not hating cuz Aye Verb had some really played out shit too, just don't sell that bullshit like it's fire because that is straight riding and you know it. Again not hating but it works both ways. Plus Aye Verb was out west in a legends back yard.
I get that, in general the crowd wasn't all that in the battle tho, and I never said it was one of Saurus's better performances. I don't think he was especially gassed, and I'm not even talking about the crowd I'm talking about the "seasoned fans" gassing him after the event dropped. I mean to each their own but if anything this battle is a lot closer than people are making it out to be.
TOPR Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 09:22 PM   #93
mulatto mutant
Registered User
 
mulatto mutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
mulatto mutant is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPR Holiday View Post
I get that, in general the crowd wasn't all that in the battle tho, and I never said it was one of Saurus's better performances. I don't think he was especially gassed, and I'm not even talking about the crowd I'm talking about the "seasoned fans" gassing him after the event dropped. I mean to each their own but if anything this battle is a lot closer than people are making it out to be.
poll has it essentially 50/50

how much closer do you want the people to say the battle is?
__________________
Current
01) Hollow da Don
02) Loaded Lux
03) Tsu Surf
04) Calicoe
05) B Magic
06) Illmaculate
07) Aye Verb
08) Iron Solomon
09) Tay Roc
10) Fresco
mulatto mutant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #94
Emancee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 4,125
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPR Holiday View Post
I get that, in general the crowd wasn't all that in the battle tho, and I never said it was one of Saurus's better performances. I don't think he was especially gassed, and I'm not even talking about the crowd I'm talking about the "seasoned fans" gassing him after the event dropped. I mean to each their own but if anything this battle is a lot closer than people are making it out to be.
For the most part, it was the exact opposite. A lot of people were reading reports from certain (Retarded) people who were there that it was a Verb bodybag. Many on the forums, loving a 'I told you so', immediately reported that Verb destroyed Saurus, pretty much the opposite of what you said.
__________________
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Autoloss list:
Saloon doors/ swinging bars
Michael Vick/ dogs bars
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Any reference to a movie where you state exactly what happened in that movie without changing it
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #95
TOPR Holiday
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
TOPR Holiday is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
For the most part, it was the exact opposite. A lot of people were reading reports from certain (Retarded) people who were there that it was a Verb bodybag. Many on the forums, loving a 'I told you so', immediately reported that Verb destroyed Saurus, pretty much the opposite of what you said.
Wait what? You literly are saying exactly what I'm saying.
TOPR Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 07:17 PM   #96
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird
 
Abstrakt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Boston
Posts: 10,392
Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
watched this again... thoroughly enjoyed the battle even though it wasnt either of their best (shows how good both are).

i thought verb edged the 1st and 2nd. thesaurus's angle worked very well in the 3rd

2-1 verb very good battle. not classic. watchable.

off topic but @TOPR Holiday were you on something vs saurus? you were spittin straight flames, son... some of those bars were ridiculously potent... also helped that you had ICE reacting to it front and center lol
__________________
GOAT

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 03:01 AM   #97
TOPR Holiday
VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 149
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
TOPR Holiday is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post

off topic but @TOPR Holiday were you on something vs saurus? you were spittin straight flames, son... some of those bars were ridiculously potent... also helped that you had ICE reacting to it front and center lol
On something like drugs? No, I was pretty drunk though. And thanks.
TOPR Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
batb4, stopbeingdirty, thebunker


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
Forum Stats
Members: 5,554
Threads: 27,190
Posts: 733,794
Total Online: 3069

Newest Member: atysilezy

Latest Threads
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee
- by Profess
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by Emancee
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY
- by iamHBY



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:37 PM.