Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Lets Revisit Arcane

Old 04-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
Profess

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lets Revisit Arcane

Arcane is nice. He had mad bars vs DNA. Does he get his due respect tho? I am not saying he is the best, but he is far from a joke. With all the mention of writing crews today, is it really such a big deal he got bars from Caustic? Daylyt and Chilla just battled each other and are in the same crew. That said, at this day and age I don't think many people have a problem with collaboration. Maybe some of the arcane hate is due to him

being a wigger
.Having paid for his bars.
being Canadian
.that he wronged JVL.
discuss

#bigwillystyle
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
Nick Vayne
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 202 Post(s)
Nick Vayne has seen da-feet
Arcane has always been ass apart from 1 or 2 bars and his "how its supposed to be done"-schemes.

His battle vs DNA was the first time I enjoyed watching him. He still wasn't good but he seemed humbled as opposed to him thinking he's gods gift to bars. And he got appropriate crowdresponse, no overhyping shit bars.
Nick Vayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #3
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
If it was good it was prolly Caustic
Old 04-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
Casual

Mentioned: 452 Post(s)
Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Arcane has a few good schemes mixed in between a lot of outdated shit that falls flat/forced associative wordplay. His image is horrible and he's a boring performer. He has a lot of lame ideas like when he used a David vs. Goliath bar vs. Pat...in 2013. Smh.

He's a slightly better, mid tier, white version of hundred burgers.

He won the chain twice cause:

1) he begged Pesci to not use dead sister bars then pulled that rape shit. Pesci choked and kotd judges were too dumb to realize he still won
2) he battles Saurus for the chain during a time when Saurus was still using an outdated style for the written era and probably didn't really give a fuck
3) the only rapper worth a shit who joined the second GP couldn't get across the border
4) diz threw a hissy fit and had his worst performance ever...

Last edited by Casual; 04-24-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Casual is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
Battler09
Banned

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Battler09 is a PY Poster
It wasn't collaboration though. He paid Big Bird cash for those weak bars. The facebook log makes it seems like Arcane is literally begging for those bars. He even explained himself for not having enough cash and Gwen acted like some diva demanding more if possible. Hilarious story to be honest.

Should it discredit Arcane for the rest of his 'career' ? No. Obviously nobody gave a fuck about Caustic playing the snitch and instigator, so why give a fuck about Arcane ? Even Lush admitted it in his (100 Bars if I remember correctly) Interview that a whole bunch of cats have ghostwriters and I bet a lot of them are not in a crew. Since battle rap became fairly big it's only normal that people want to jump on the bandwagon and gain fame. On top of that most cats that write their own stuff are still biting lines from those who they look up or down to. Daylyt pretty much summed it up in his battle against B-Magic.

Arcane has a shady history though. It wasn't the only incident that made him seem like a loser and asshole. I guess people just don't care anymore because Diz did an extraordinary job on selling the masses that Arcane is a prime example of bitch made battle rapper.
Battler09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #6
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
Arcane is great, he gets a lot of hate for stuff that many rappers do. The writing team thing is a big deal only to people that think every rapper is just sitting at home and writing their own material. While some actually do this, there are many that pass around bars and help out their friends. Arcane's only screw up was giving Caustic money for it, but at the end of the day, he's not the first or last guy that's done this. DNA and Clips live together for example, and Clips always uses those corny theme bars where he'll talk about 8 different types of furniture or 5 different types of water bottle brands. I doubt it's coincidence he's using the tactics that DNA does.

Beyond that, Arcane always gives a solid performance, even if you think his stuff is bad, you can't really accuse him of half assing his battles. Not many other rappers take the stuff as seriously as he does. The guy always tries new things and I think does a lot better with learning something new then most battle rappers.

The other thing he got hate on was for lying about thesaurus.... but it was a battle and he made the story believable. That's really thesaurus's fault though, because Kid Twist and Po Rich were at the event, he could've asked them right then and there if it really happened and of course they'd say no, and he probably wouldn't have lost.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:54 PM   #7
Profess

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler09 View Post

Diz did an extraordinary job on selling the masses that Arcane is a prime example of bitch made battle rapper.
I'm sure this will piss a lot of people off but this is true. Don't think Diz gets enough credit in this regard, tbf.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:00 PM   #8
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharronBeatArsonal View Post

"The other thing he got hate on was for lying about thesaurus.... but it was a battle and he made the story believable. That's really thesaurus's fault though, because Kid Twist and Po Rich were at the event, he could've asked them right then and there if it really happened and of course they'd say no, and he probably wouldn't have lost."

Arcane did to TheSaurus what Diz did to Arcane
Old 04-24-2014, 10:04 PM   #9
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
he battles Saurus for the chain during a time when Saurus was still using an outdated style for the written era and probably didn't really give a fuck
I'd like to see a rematch.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 PM   #10
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Vayne View Post
Arcane has always been ass apart from 1 or 2 bars and his "how its supposed to be done"-schemes.

His battle vs DNA was the first time I enjoyed watching him. He still wasn't good but he seemed humbled as opposed to him thinking he's gods gift to bars. And he got appropriate crowdresponse, no overhyping shit bars.
I liked him in the DNA battle too. Always thought he was trash and Diz really hammer that home.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #11
CBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessYoHistory View Post
Arcane did to TheSaurus what Diz did to Arcane
I think there were some differences though. Arcane spoke about this for 10 seconds, Dizaster spoke about it for all 3 rounds and didn't have any other material.

Also, if Arcane is really buying bars, how come we haven't heard anything since? I'm sorry, but I doubt Arcane would buy bars for Chedda Cheese but not do the same for opponents like Bender or something. I think Arcane knew he was going to beat Chedda regardless, but really liked that Caustic bar, so he used it and gave the dude a tip. It's not easy defending Arcane on this one, not gonna lie, but I think some people really believe he's the only person that's had a ghost writer before.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:22 PM   #12
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharronBeatArsonal View Post

I think Arcane knew he was going to beat Chedda regardless, but really liked that Caustic bar, so he used it and gave the dude a tip. It's not easy defending Arcane on this one, not gonna lie, but I think some people really believe he's the only person that's had a ghost writer before.

That's def another way to look at it. Arcane was actually trying to be a good dude and pay for the work when he could have just ganked it.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #13
CBA

Quote:
That's def another way to look at it. Arcane was actually trying to be a good dude and pay for the work when he could have just ganked it.
Yeah, I know it's kind of a weird cop out, but the guy at least is putting in the effort to really give people a good show. People can say a lot of things about Arcane, dude's old, he's a wigger, works at Ikea hahaha, but hell, at least he really does bust his ass and tries to give people a good performance.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #14
Profess

@CharronBeatArsonal

Yeah, that's why I made this thread. Basically, when I watched the DNA battle I was like wow this shit is pretty good, but I thought Arcane was trash going in to it. Arcane seemed like a humbler dude then when he lost to Pat. That said, none of his other battles were that memorable to me. This whole revisiting of Arcane thing also ties in with the recent tier jump that Caustic has made.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 PM   #15
CBA

Quote:
@CharronBeatArsonal

Yeah, that's why I made this thread. Basically, when I watched the DNA battle I was like wow this shit is pretty good, but I thought Arcane was trash going in to it. Arcane seemed like a humbler dude then when he lost to Pat. That said, none of his other battles were that memorable to me. This whole revisiting of Arcane thing also ties in with the recent tier jump that Caustic has made.
Some of his stuff IMO is fun to go back and watch. I'm sure most will disagree but I thought he beat PH, as far as KotD goes, his style is usually on the cutting edge, incorporating the stuff that's popular at the time, but he does it in such a way where it's not over kill. Like against Thesaurus, he used jokes and personals at that time because that's what the fans liked. Against DNA, he used more word play and aggression.

Plus while the guy is not always funny and can miss, some of his punch lines are goddamn hilarious. In the PH battle when he called out Charron, or when he said that Knamelis gives Charron jesus juice for rebuttals and talked about the two of them cuddling.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:44 PM   #16
Didick Bowe
Read These Nikes

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Didick Bowe is a PY Poster
I think the thing that makes it easy to discredit Arcane is that he got a whole lot better starting with his Skelly battle and the 2nd Grand Prix.

A lot of fans were all like "Arcane is NICE all the sudden!" and then the Caustic shit came out so we were all wondering how much of Arcane's improvements were due to Caustic. Probably a lot less than we think, but dude is still basically a big question mark at this point.

Also dude did himself NO favors in the aftermath of Bargate. Should have just kept his mouth shut and his screenshots to himself after his initial statements, but he made himself look like an idiot and brought Caustic down with him. First rule of holes.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #17
Profess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didick Bowe View Post

Also dude did himself NO favors in the aftermath of Bargate. Should have just kept his mouth shut and his screenshots to himself after his initial statements, but he made himself look like an idiot and brought Caustic down with him. First rule of holes.
Sorta like Caustic fumbling with the aftermath of his Aye Verb victory.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:04 PM   #18
Didick Bowe
Read These Nikes

Didick Bowe is a PY Poster
Quote:
Sorta like Caustic fumbling with the aftermath of his Aye Verb victory.
Yeah, exactly. I know this is battle rap and good sportsmanship is for faggots, but come on.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #19
thatguy

Mentioned: 768 Post(s)
thatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticathatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
bar for bar Arcane is pretty good, not amazing, but consistent and brings some good bars to every battle. Can't deny that he's fairly won like 90% of his battles. The thing is so many of his old battles are framed around storylines and now that there is no story line people aren't really tryin to see him battle anymore. A lot of his haters have now seem to feel more like 'I don't care'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am LIL ILL View Post
Dizaster is my most favorite battle rapper of all time.
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #20
My Kall

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
My Kall is better than Grind Time AustraliaMy Kall is better than Grind Time Australia
Arcane vs someone like X-Factor at WD5 could work, if KOTD can make it happen. X-Factor doesn't battle often, it's been at least a year, so there will some demand and intrigue, and he's actually quite watchable, he's not boring or generic. Most cross-overs fail, but I think this could be a moderate success.
My Kall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:38 AM   #21
ekelon
Banned

Mentioned: 591 Post(s)
ekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesekelon Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Fuck Arcane lol...

If you have to literally buy bars to be relevant in competitive battle rap...

You're a pretty shitty human being.
ekelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:51 AM   #22
JustJ123

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
JustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJustJ123 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Arcane is a bitch for trying to throw the scene under the bus with him. He got caught, should have accepted that fact like a man and moved on. Instead he played the bitch role.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:16 AM   #23
JR77

JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Arcane has had:
Rumors of him bribing judges
Multiple true stories that weren't true
And proof of him buying bars
And a tough guy image attempt which sometimes goes over the top

But he also has the occasional nice performance, liked him against PH
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #24
Rusty Shackleford

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Rusty Shackleford is not the worst person
Remember when Bender had that angle about Arcane making stuff up, used it on him with some ridiculous lies, finished his round with "nobody's buying that bullshit anymore - true story", and Cane still got salty like 'you know that ain't true!'. That annoys me simply because of how badly he missed the point.

Also that angle he took about Bender leaving his friend behind or something? So wack

He's a lot better now but I find dude so unlikeable tbh
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:47 AM   #25
Mr.Mumbles905
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Mr.Mumbles905 is a PY Poster
Arcane to me is a perfect example of how Canadians get more hate then deserved.
Arcane has won the GP twice. Which is the hardest route to the title
taking the chain from the best in the freshcoast ( which I feel is a big reason for the Arcane hate wagon)
Never has choked badly
Never has had a bad performance
and for all yall yell bars Arcanes a dude that has bars without all the weird forced and stretched wordplay that is being over utilized by the new young crop of rappers.
Arcane would give anyone a challenge It's bad that the muddled situation with Caustic ( which many still wrongly present as a simple buy bars scandal) has hurt what could have happened for him.
Mr.Mumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #26
haatley

haatley is a PY Poster
Quote:
Arcane has a few good schemes mixed in between a lot of outdated shit that falls flat/forced associative wordplay. His image is horrible and he's a boring performer. He has a lot of lame ideas like when he used a David vs. Goliath bar vs. Pat...in 2013. Smh.

He's a slightly better, mid tier, white version of hundred burgers.

He won the chain twice cause:

1) he begged Pesci to not use dead sister bars then pulled that rape shit. Pesci choked and kotd judges were too dumb to realize he still won
2) he battles Saurus for the chain during a time when Saurus was still using an outdated style for the written era and probably didn't really give a fuck
3) the only rapper worth a shit who joined the second GP couldn't get across the border
4) diz threw a hissy fit and had his worst performance ever...
1. No one begged Pesci for shit.
2. He killed saurus.
3. Kid twist, charron, bulletz are all equal or better than caustic and were all in that gp.
4. Bodied diz without the fit.
haatley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #27
haatley

haatley is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
Remember when Bender had that angle about Arcane making stuff up, used it on him with some ridiculous lies, finished his round with "nobody's buying that bullshit anymore - true story", and Cane still got salty like 'you know that ain't true!'. That annoys me simply because of how badly he missed the point.

Also that angle he took about Bender leaving his friend behind or something? So wack

He said "thats contrived". Which means forced.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:21 PM   #28
Rusty Shackleford

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Rusty Shackleford is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by haatley View Post
He said "thats contrived". Which means forced.
"Everything you just said is contrived and bullshit and you know it", from memory, is pretty close to the quote. So yes, he said contrived, but also that it was made up, which it obviously was
Rusty Shackleford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #29
EchosMyron

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
EchosMyron is not the worst person
Quote:

Wackest angle in a battle ever. I still cant believe he thought that shit was a good idea.
EchosMyron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #30
haatley

haatley is a PY Poster
Quote:
"Everything you just said is contrived and bullshit and you know it", from memory, is pretty close to the quote. So yes, he said contrived, but also that it was made up, which it obviously was
Always thought he said "contrivrd bullshit". I can see why someone would think he was saying not true but pretty sure that wasnt the case.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:14 PM   #31
JR77

JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
"Biggest bunch of contrived bullshit I've ever heard" is what I remember, doesn't sound like he understood the parody aspect of it
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #32
Casual

Casual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local leagueCasual is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
"Biggest bunch of contrived bullshit I've ever heard" is what I remember, doesn't sound like he understood the parody aspect of it
yeah arcane is retarded lol. bender ain't basic enough for him.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #33
Casual

Quote:
1. No one begged Pesci for shit.
2. He killed saurus.
3. Kid twist, charron, bulletz are all equal or better than caustic and were all in that gp.
4. Bodied diz without the fit.
1) yes he did.
2) he edged saurus in what's probably saurus' worst battle in the written era. saurus wanted to battle the true winner, pesci...
3. arcane didn't have to face twist. charron and bulletz are no where near caustics level.
4. diz sucked in that battle.

KOTD benefited long term though. if the judges hadn't jerked pesci, then pesci would have been tied down with that greasy chain. he wouldn't have battle marvwon...if he didn't battle marvwon pat wouldn't have gotten drunk and tried to fight marvwon, and we wouldn't have got one of the better performances in kotd history.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:28 PM   #34
CollarboneSnap

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
CollarboneSnap is not the worst person
Caustic's, of whom I am a big fan, defences for this and the Jefferson Price thing were both completely illogical and he contradicted himself a tonne in both. Watch that DF show he did for context.

'yeah we all do it, like i'd be lying if i said i didn't call rone and ask for opinions'... also screenshots at the time proved they both used bars written by the other.

then caustic said 'i don't believe in dissing dead people because they can't defend themselves' after doing what he did to jeff's girl, q shinobi's girl, and rone's sister. knamelis rightly called him on his reasoning making little to no sense.
Then-then-then put on-put on the same

CONDOM I WORE LAST NIGHT
CollarboneSnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:29 PM   #35
CollarboneSnap

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
CollarboneSnap is not the worst person
caustic will probably come in here and molly wop me now but that's just facts ^^^^ that's not even my opinion, that just all happened.
Then-then-then put on-put on the same

CONDOM I WORE LAST NIGHT
CollarboneSnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #36
haatley

haatley is a PY Poster
Quote:
1) yes he did.
2) he edged saurus in what's probably saurus' worst battle in the written era. saurus wanted to battle the true winner, pesci...
3. arcane didn't have to face twist. charron and bulletz are no where near caustics level.
4. diz sucked in that battle.

KOTD benefited long term though. if the judges hadn't jerked pesci, then pesci would have been tied down with that greasy chain. he wouldn't have battle marvwon...if he didn't battle marvwon pat wouldn't have gotten drunk and tried to fight marvwon, and we wouldn't have got one of the better performances in kotd history.
Whats your source on begging pesci? I personally have known the guy for over a decade.

You over rate caustic.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #37
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
thread on point af
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #38
Casual

Quote:
Whats your source on begging pesci? I personally have known the guy for over a decade.

You over rate caustic.
you've known arcane for over a decade? not biased at all.

no. i think caustic is an upper-mid tier battler. of the guys you listed, only twist has ever been at that level...and he wasn't there during that gp.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #39
Mr.Mumbles905
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Mr.Mumbles905 is a PY Poster
Casual if you don't think Bulletz or Charron are on Caustics level then you do overrate Caustic a bit.

If they battled right now based on there last 3 performances Charron would beat Caustic.
Mr.Mumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #40
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mumbles905 View Post
Casual if you don't think Bulletz or Charron are on Caustics level then you do overrate Caustic a bit.

If they battled right now based on there last 3 performances Charron would beat Caustic.
Caustic would body charrons life. I don't even rate burgerz.

Tags
bigwillystyle