Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Haven't watched battle rap since 2015, what have I missed?

Old 11-27-2018, 05:07 AM   #1
QQumber

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
QQumber is not the worst person
Haven't watched battle rap since 2015, what have I missed?

The last battle I remember watching was Fresco v Saurus which was really fucking good. I don't know why I completely stopped watching battle rap as a whole after that, like why would you after watching that battle? But I did so whatever.

3 years later: The other day my brain told me to search up Hitman's remix v John John and it was a nice throwback. I still have no idea wtf Smack was thinking with the crotch shots smh. After that my eyes caught the SM8 announcements. Idk who Nu Jerzey Twork is but from the clip I saw he looked crazy. Is he good?

Then I found about Decade and at this point I still haven't watched a battle since Fresco v Saurus, it's just been the Hitman remix, SM8 & Decade announcements. My mindset about getting back into battle rap was still very casual, the Ars v Twork trailer sparked a little something but then YouTube recommended this Fresco interview to me:

Loaded up CSGO and had this playing in the background. I didn't expect much but it was actually great and well worth a watch or listen. Fresco talks about Ars manipulating WorldStar views to get popular and regrets not doing the same because he knew the trick. Meeting Diz for the first time, picking him up from a gas station with Diz proceeding to tell him about how he was a professional soccer player and kicked this guy in the head at the gas station. Buying GrindTime and selling it to KOTD. Not liking Soul, thinks he's smug and dirty. Being confused as to why corny Iron Solomon was getting all the reactions against E Ness when Ness was the one actually killing it. Not being able to battle Bender because they were both popping off at different times and some other good shit.

But yeah, after it finished I knew I needed to get back into this. So what's been happening? Any breakout stars? Classics from KOTD, URL, DF or any other league? Sleeper hits? Beef? Let me know.

For now I'm gonna rewatch Cal v Lux. I said Cal won that when it first dropped and ima say it again it 44 minutes.

QQumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:09 AM   #2
QQumber

Cal won that.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:10 AM   #3
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1191 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
whole buncha nothing.
AVOCADO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 07:32 AM   #4
QQumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
whole buncha nothing.
just checked to see if ruin your day was alive and well and yes, yes it is. good news that.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:19 AM   #5
Profess
Clean your room

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@QQumber Fresco hasn't battled much since 2015. Were you by chance his muse?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
whole buncha nothing.
Yeah it's got so bad, we've started watching guys watching old battles...
Saloon doors/ swinging, Michael Vick/ dogs, This is Charron, Unironic kids movie gun bars, Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number, You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT, Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats, wearing bad clothes choices on the hope that your opponent will mention it and you can rebuttal it.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:46 PM   #7
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
genuinely not much tbf
Old 11-27-2018, 04:29 PM   #8
Profess
Clean your room

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Soul v Fresco next Decade announcement?
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:44 PM   #9
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
lots of people saying bow?
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:09 PM   #10
iamHBY

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Well, The Bunker on KOTD in 2016 gave battle rap a lot of great battles for one.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:55 PM   #11
illipsis
Hal Jordan of Recordin'

Mentioned: 478 Post(s)
illipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarcticaillipsis is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by QQumber View Post
Cal won that.
Louder for the folks in the back (/denial ). As for the thread at hand...

The Smack Vol. events have been a really cool development, totally different environment for URL battles and some great matches came out of them (Rum vs. Iron was a lot of people's BOTY for 2017, Twork and Verb one of my favourites from this year.

Watch is a big one, especially for keeping you interested in battling + revisiting some classics

The Bunker, similar to Smack Vol. was a unique venue that catered to footage and generated some phenomenal matches (QP/Fresco, B Magic/E Ness, and Bender (RIP)/Fredo jump to mind)

Ruin Your Day has hosted a couple one-off battles in various unique locations that have been uniformly excellent (Pigsty vs. Random>>>)

Basically @AVOCADO been killing it baha, kinda wild just seeing that written out