Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Decade Prediction / Discussion Thread

View Poll Results: Who will have the Performance of the night?
Head Ice 2 12.50%
Chilla Jones 0 0%
Cortez 1 6.25%
Pass 0 0%
A Ward 0 0%
Po Rich 4 25.00%
Ars 0 0%
Pat Stay 8 50.00%
Red Flag 0 0%
Joey G 0 0%
Charron 1 6.25%
Jimz 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #121
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
I guess the people who just turned up as a social thing have moved on and it's just the core fans left.
Yeah seems that way.

It was also a Sunday evening event so I feel like you're not getting that crowd much anyway at that point.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:13 PM   #122
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Pat had the performance of the night imo but everyone did pretty well...Anyone know who got the Bender award? Left before I saw that.
No real surprise, but Pat won the Bender award unanimously.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #123
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
Whilst honoring the man is a great idea, and a performance of the event award is a good idea, how are you going to call ot the "Bender of the day award" for fucks sake man. Even just change it to the al bender award or something.

Last edited by ThaDiz; 12-10-2018 at 04:17 PM.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #124
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDiz View Post
Whilst honoring the man is a great idea, and a performance of the event award is a good idea, how are you going to call ot the "Bender of the day award" for fucks sake man. Even just change it to the al bender award or something.
lmao...yeah especially when reaching out further to their UK crowd..

iah Alex Buchanan Award is much more tasteful
Old 12-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #125
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
The idea of giving out a Bender of The Day award in the UK is hilarious, I'm sure it would go down quite well though because people would take it with good humour and Bender was always popular out here. I like to think he'd find that pretty funny aswell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #126
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Sumroc View Post
charron/Jimz up next
liar liar.. we all know that Jim don't Carrey

I got Billy Pistols cooking Jimz thru 2

Jimz picking up steem in the 3rd.. look at me Charon while I kill you with kindness

Last edited by Profess; 12-10-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:48 PM   #127
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
He also said "you probably look like Avocado with a purple wig on" damn he doesn't even know how true that is!!
He's got a lot of points like only taking positive feedback well (the KOTD) staff, not grooming enough local talent, and not bringing back their own legends. But it brings up a question.. like why aren't Kid Twist and Dumbfounded battling? But is is fair to hold that against KOTD if "their" legends have moved on?
Old 12-10-2018, 05:06 PM   #128
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
I take "bender of the day" to mean "champ of the day" because Bender is a champ. But I can also see it like you were on an alcohol induced bender.. so it might just be clumsy wording. Is that what you mean? I'd be shocked if disrespect is meant by it
Old 12-10-2018, 05:36 PM   #129
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
He's got a lot of points like only taking positive feedback well (the KOTD) staff, not grooming enough local talent, and not bringing back their own legends. But it brings up a question.. like why aren't Kid Twist and Dumbfounded battling? But is is fair to hold that against KOTD if "their" legends have moved on?
Yeah he made some good points albeit not in the most concise way lol, those are things people have been saying about them for years.
I think losing the Fresh Coast and Nikiya funded Mass events has really hurt them, that was their best shit.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #130
rogermellie

Quote:
I take "bender of the day" to mean "champ of the day" because Bender is a champ. But I can also see it like you were on an alcohol induced bender.. so it might just be clumsy wording. Is that what you mean? I'd be shocked if disrespect is meant by it
Nah because bender is a derogatory term for a gay man, it's basically the UK version of saying "Faggot of the day" except it wouldn't be universally understood in the same way.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #131
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 347 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Quote:
really? "Bender Of The Day" is a badass title imo

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
PJ Sumroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:03 PM   #132
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Quote:
Nah because bender is a derogatory term for a gay man, it's basically the UK version of saying "Faggot of the day" except it wouldn't be universally understood in the same way.
it would only be misunderstood by British people who arent fans of the scene so who gives a fuck lol

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-

"im nice with a gun, my bitch do black magic, what you want a bullet or some wizard shit?!" -Swamp
Old 12-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #133
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

i think itd be cooler if it was just referred to as "A Bender" kinda like "an Oscar"

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-

Old 12-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #134
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Bender is ofc also a gay in british slang
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #135
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

"Im up here breaking mics in half/punches with a twist like M Bison striking lightning fast/This platform that gives you the right to rap/ guys like Mishceif and Syco GAVE THIER LIFE FOR THAT!!" -poRich

it was so good to see Rich back last night

BATTLE ADDICT

-YOUTUBE-

Old 12-10-2018, 08:28 PM   #136
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2906 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
I honestly think they should've used Bender's actual name so as to not add to the fodder of shitty battle rap puns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:39 PM   #137
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
i think itd be cooler if it was just referred to as "A Bender" kinda like "an Oscar"
That is gold
Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 PM   #138
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Oh, interesting.. I had no idea hmm
Old 12-11-2018, 01:36 AM   #139
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Pat is really on his shit. Def took the first 2 and probably the 3rd. Ars did his best in the 3rd tho. Although there was a lot of disrespect in this battle- there was also a lot of respect in this battle.. go figure
Old 12-11-2018, 03:50 AM   #140
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Bender was always popular out here. I like to think he'd find that pretty funny as well.
Bender DID find it funny when Miracle told him that in their battle.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #141
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
ThaDiz is not the worst person
I didn't want to make a big deal or anything, and I'm fully behind remembering his legend, but that's just such a fucking hilarious name, it takes away from the honour of the award, which I'm guessing is the original point to it. Hope they look at it reasonably and amend it slightly or something.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:48 PM   #142
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
A decade is ten years.

Shout out nutbagz (or his current pseudonym).
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:19 PM   #143
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Pat is really on his shit. Def took the first 2 and probably the 3rd. Ars did his best in the 3rd tho. Although there was a lot of disrespect in this battle- there was also a lot of respect in this battle.. go figure
yeah, I liked how particularly Ars enjoyed the most disrespectful moments against him, he loves that shit.
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:14 PM   #144
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuntoffs are Jumps View Post
yeah, I liked how particularly Ars enjoyed the most disrespectful moments against him, he loves that shit.
That's a good thing to point out. The match seemed light hearted. I'd bet they are friends irl.

If you wanna take a deep dive, then why did Pat care so much when Roc brought up his kid.. when it was done here and it was all good. Does a "kids off-limits" agreement matter.. whats the deal with that? I'm starting to get sick of getting mad about kids being brought up.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:46 PM   #145
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Cortez goin off too!
Cor bringing the heat

"The type fame this guy claim
You're not a legend, it's quite strange
Please, you have no value
Head-Ice chain!!!"

Last edited by Profess; 12-11-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:11 AM   #146
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Tags
8217, beaslyvoice, been noshowed 2 times, frog life, most dominant big man, rise of the quirky canadians, rmbvas kotd sstans, shotty's league, there are two qp's, where is fresco