Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Original Content Bodied's Out Now On YouTube Premium

Old 11-28-2018, 05:14 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bodied's Out Now On YouTube Premium

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:41 PM   #2
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
shiiiiit ima have to get the free trail when i get off work
Old 11-28-2018, 06:02 PM   #3
Casual

Mentioned: 453 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Movie is great btw. Definitely gonna grab a trial so I can watch it again!
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:01 PM   #4
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
aite finally finished it , a bit corny in places but that was kinda dope
Old 11-28-2018, 11:25 PM   #5
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
The feeling of being in the movie theater when the shit first starts and you see Big T can’t be replicated. Shit was hype af.

Also, there’s billions of beautiful black women on this planet. Why did they put that fat mutombo lookin bitch in the cast? Greatly reduced my enjoyment of the film.

Last edited by Sky2real; 11-28-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Sky2real is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:48 PM   #6
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
solid reminder.. take this rep
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:49 PM   #7
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
Movie is great btw. Definitely gonna grab a trial so I can watch it again!
Are you considering keeping the service?
Old 11-28-2018, 11:58 PM   #8
Metazone
(⌐■_■)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Metazone is better than Grind Time AustraliaMetazone is better than Grind Time Australia
Yeh it was corny in parts but overall I enjoyed it.

I especially like the way they threw the spotlight on "woke" SJW type college kids and showed how obnoxious they come across and racist in their own way.

Also thought it was hilarious that Charron was basically a over the top parody of himself, nice touch there.

Dumb was really great overall.

Seeing Lux and hollow do that 2 on 2 put a smile on my face.

Ending felt a little rushed imo but I felt it did enough to pay service to battle rap. They mentioned the old format of 2 on 2s not being done anymore, the fact battles aren't judged anymore and cameos on the whole worked really well. However I felt Lush, ganik, smash and norbes parts seems kind of jammed in / forced last minute.

Overall was a good one time watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Deuce View Post
I was hungry after the event and had no idea where to go for food and strongly considered just following big t knowing he would lead me to the promised land

Last edited by Metazone; 11-29-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Metazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:45 AM   #9
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
jeez, they weren't lying about the cameos, Mari (Day's wife) Aktive, Lafioso clothing lesssssss go

Swain, Nocan - battle geek overload

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 11-29-2018 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Philly
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:51 AM   #10
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
fantastic film on first watch. only mentionable gripe with the film is the battle content, which was a bit too corny even considering accessibility. i don't know if it will affect its replay value with some of the battles being as long as they are.

loved the characterization and how each role represented a unique perspective on language. also appreciated the open-ended conclusion and the avoidance of giving a precise message to the viewer. a lot of bodied's "corny" moments were with an obvious self-awareness, so battle rap fans who find it embarrassing are definitely taking themselves/the scene too seriously.

i had high expectations after reading reviews and they were met. definitely check it out.

edit: forgot to mention the cameos. masterfully done. has the essential names like smack and ars, more obscure ones for us like philly swain, and the slyest soul khan appearance. very cool to see.

Last edited by peace; 11-29-2018 at 04:41 AM.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 01:58 AM   #11
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Did the Ben/ Adam getting personal scene remind anyone of the Tay Roc/ Pat incident
Old 11-29-2018, 02:39 AM   #12
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
fantastic film on first watch. only mentionable gripe with the film is the battle content, which was a bit too corny even considering accessibility.
yeah fuck, dialogue was great but the actual battle stuff, Diz aside (cos it obviously was material he'd conceivably say) was weak, guess cos they had to over egg the race, gender stuff somewhat, though Dumb charisma'd his way through his battle scenes.

Ending was fucking great.

Last edited by Cuntoffs are Jumps; 11-29-2018 at 02:40 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-29-2018, 02:41 AM   #13
Cuntoffs are Jumps

+ pissing kid twist for cameo win
Old 11-29-2018, 06:38 AM   #14
Water Mage

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
I was so excited for this film but when I heard that Lush One auditioned to play Lush One in the movie and did not get the part I vowed to boycott the movie forever
Water Mage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 07:00 AM   #15
mike rigs
#trusttheplug

Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
mike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarcticamike rigs is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Going to keep it real. It was like Grind Time on crack. it was a hyper parody of it's self.

To me it's a movie about society, it just used battlerap as a vehicle.

Last edited by mike rigs; 11-29-2018 at 08:14 PM.
mike rigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:09 AM   #16
Cuntoffs are Jumps

the point that in battle rap - say fucked up shit (at what personal cost) and be accepted vs woke land - say anything possibly construed as offensive and be ostracised, was well made.

yeah agree with above battle rap wasn't central, that 'get woke cocksucker' line was great, also it's fucking weird mainstream outlets going so bonkers about the movie, like battle rap is some undiscovered Andaman tribe.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #17
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Does anybody subscribe to YouTube Premium already? I hate commercials as much as the next person just wondering if I'd get value out of it. I probably use YouTube 1-2 hours a day. But I already have Hulu Plus, Netflix, Sling and Amazon Prime. Not sure if I really need any additional content. I do want to watch this movie though!
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #18
SuckaFreeCashier

Mentioned: 642 Post(s)
SuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local leagueSuckaFreeCashier is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGodOfPez View Post
Does anybody subscribe to YouTube Premium already? I hate commercials as much as the next person just wondering if I'd get value out of it. I probably use YouTube 1-2 hours a day. But I already have Hulu Plus, Netflix, Sling and Amazon Prime. Not sure if I really need any additional content. I do want to watch this movie though!
the only thing that could possibly make it worth it is background playing on your phone when you leave the app

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
But at least KOTD balances its unscrupulousness with some equitable intentions, like providing a few working-class men with a lawful income, whereas in this era more and more channels and media outlets are nothing but predatory tabloidesque trouble-makers.
SuckaFreeCashier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:51 PM   #19
FORCEDMULTI

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
FORCEDMULTI is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
I was so excited for this film but when I heard that Lush One auditioned to play Lush One in the movie and did not get the part I vowed to boycott the movie forever

When I saw Dirt Nasty doing a Lush impression I was like “yo why didn’t they just get Lush??”

Then I saw Lush’s one sentence cameo and was like “oh okay, i get it.”
FORCEDMULTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:16 PM   #20
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
just get the free trial to watch the movie, you can even download it

most shit i watch on Youtube doesn't have ads anyway cause it doesn't get monetized tbh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:53 PM   #21
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

that adam guy says something like "im suprised the movie crash didn't have more asains in it" not sure if they did that on purpose but im sure i've heard that before was it diz?
Old 11-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #22
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
This isn't a great film but I did like it. Things were constantly happening but it was ham-fisted and messy to the point where I didn't really care about the story or any of the characters relationships with each other. The soundtrack and audio were bordering on terrible. The cameos were fun but it was excessive and eventually it just felt like they were trying to force as many people in as they could.

For all it's issue it was still real fun to watch, there were a lot of groans and laugh out loud moments- I couldn't really tell how much of it was intentional but either way it was entertaining and it had that self-aware charm you get from films like Hobo With A Shotgun, although there were parts that were just straight up terrible e.g the montage featuring Rone.

Overall I think it was a bit aimless, it wasn't an entirely accurate representation of battle rap, a well made film or interesting social commentary but it was a small amount of all those things mashed together in a kind of haphazard and goofy way. One of those films where I enjoyed it but I probably wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:49 PM   #23
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike rigs View Post
Going to keep it real. It was like Grind Time on crack. it was a hyper parody of it's self.
Pretty accurate summary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:40 PM   #24
Stolos

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Stolos is not the worst person
Movie was okay. I enjoyed the battle scenes but a lot of the dialogue between the characters felt unnatural and corny at times. It was a little over the top at times but the movie never took itself serious to begin with. I enjoyed the cameos from the battlers but some of them were forced and not needed (Lush, Organik, Smack, Illmac, Saurus for example). I would give it probably a 7/10 but I have no desire to watch it again.

Best cameo was NoCanDo.
Stolos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:21 PM   #25
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Just watched. While Adam is an asshole and the ending was weird, I thought it was fairly entertaining, and some of the theoretical dissertation was hilarious, probably my favorite stuff. I still feel like some of the stuff was pretty fringe, but...yeah. Cool for everyone involved. It is a thing.

http://973-eht-namuh-973.com/
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:37 PM   #26
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 515 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabYourself View Post
Just watched. While Adam is an asshole and the ending was weird, I thought it was fairly entertaining, and some of the theoretical dissertation was hilarious, probably my favorite stuff. I still feel like some of the stuff was pretty fringe, but...yeah. Cool for everyone involved. It is a thing.
Marshall is moving towards politics pay attention

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:33 AM   #27
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
Marshall is moving towards politics pay attention
He can try, but the Rock will cook him
Old 12-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #28
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
He can try, but the Rock will cook him
kid rock is the real king of detroit next to joe c

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 12-04-2018, 01:20 AM   #29
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
kid rock is the real king of detroit next to joe c
Where do you rank the Juggalo movement on the Detroit hierarchy?
Old 12-04-2018, 08:49 PM   #30
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Where do you rank the Juggalo movement on the Detroit hierarchy?
Legends until the Germanic/Jewish takeover by Marshall Bruce Mathers the 3rd

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Old 12-05-2018, 01:39 AM   #31
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Check out some #fake news
Old 12-10-2018, 12:33 AM   #32
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Best bars I've heard in a while. The movie was actually not half bad at all
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #33
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:

I have paid for YouTube Premium for a couple of years. Having no commercials, YouTube Music and unlimited Google Music are some of the perks. The lack of commercials alone - you will be so much happier.
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 05:59 PM   #34
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
And, background play
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8217, fake