Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
new jersey twork

Old 11-24-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
new jersey twork

i get that the guy is talented, is a great bar writer and has a powerful delivery but how many times are we gonna watch him pistol whip or BOW! someone.

if he switched it up more, i think id fuck wit him more

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
Assassin Ben

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Assassin Ben is better than Grind Time AustraliaAssassin Ben is better than Grind Time Australia
Seriously, he kinda pissing me off now. Arsonal exposed him badly. In the magnitude of that battle, one needs more than just gun bars to take that shit. Arsonal stepped it up, Twork hit us with even more gun shit...bored!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/ChopChoiceBeats
www.facebook.com/ChopChoiceBeats

1. Nas
2. Pharoahe Monch
3. MF Doom
4. Notorious BIG
5. Rick Ross
Assassin Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:55 PM   #3
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
That click click noise is being overused by him as well. It doesn't add anything to most bars either.
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #4
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bow! Get pistol whipped! Headshot leave him... jersey
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #5
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
What's the opposite of an x-factor? Twork is that for me. I don't know what it is, I can't really articulate it. I just don't like him. He's in my bottom ten right now and there's no rhyme or reason for it if I'm honest. There are plenty of other rappers who only yell, stick to one style or subject, say "bow!" a lot, but I don't dislike those guys as much as I do Twork. I've never made it through an entire Twork round.

Maybe it's just silly shit like his stupid fucking name or the hoodie thing. "Bald is beautiful Matthew! Embrace that shit." He's like O-Red if O-Red was only half as watchable.

Basically "I don't know why but get him the fuck outta here."
Old 11-24-2018, 08:53 PM   #6
idealaedi

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
idealaedi is not the worst person
I think people who don't like him are stuck in a different generation or era of battle rap. If you can't at least recognize why some people say he's great than there is something you're missing. The critiques and criticisms are valid but if you can't at the same time see that his energy, writing, and punches are levels above the rest then IMO you're just stuck in an old era of battle rap.
idealaedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
That arsonal battle was particularly grating I thought. Hadn’t really found it annoying before then. He needs to improve the set ups and maybe work on angles.

Twork’s writing is really good tho, if he can just pin down better approaches. That invisible boatmobile drive by line was fucking hilarious too. Can tell which battle rappers have kids ��
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #8
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
he uses the same formula every battle , he needs more than gun bars
Old 11-24-2018, 11:00 PM   #9
iamHBY

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
For one thing, I think him over saturating himself might be leading to him being hit or miss. On the day I write this, he's scheduled to do 2 battles in 2 states tonight, then he's supposed to do a one-rounder against Don Marino on Dre Dennis' league next week, and supposedly he's finally battling Bigg K the night after that, before finally battling Rum Nitty at SMACK Vol. 3 on December 15th. I think part of that leads to why he has a really bad habit of choking or abruptly ending his rounds in a wide variety of battles, with the worst example of that being him choking 30 seconds into his 3rd round against DNA.

Also, at least to me, he relies way too heavily on a style of wordplay that I'm not necessarily a fan of. Granted, I liked the "Stomach shots, that's for anybody small and testin'/small intestine" line against JC, I thought that was solid. But then he'll have stuff like the "Pterodactyl/tear a dactyl" bar against Mike P or that fuckin' "Ukuleles/you could lay least" bar against Aye Verb, where it's shitty forced wordplay without a point to it. He's capable of good moments, but at times he comes off to me like a mix of the worst parts of Danny Myers, QP and Daylyt. Also, against Arsonal, he really ran "BOW," "I'll pistol whip him" and "(*click click*)" as setups into the ground, while also sneaking in "The only thing I can't do is stand bull/Istanbul, city in Turkey" into one of his rounds. Just....ugh.

Last edited by iamHBY; 11-25-2018 at 03:20 AM.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:35 AM   #10
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Tworks fire imo

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #11
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by idealaedi View Post
I think people who don't like him are stuck in a different generation or era of battle rap. If you can't at least recognize why some people say he's great than there is something you're missing. The critiques and criticisms are valid but if you can't at the same time see that his energy, writing, and punches are levels above the rest then IMO you're just stuck in an old era of battle rap.
His writing and punches are nothing new or special, what are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #12
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
i get that the guy is talented, is a great bar writer and has a powerful delivery but how many times are we gonna watch him pistol whip or BOW! someone.

if he switched it up more, i think id fuck wit him more

He came in the scene with a unique flow and something fresh. However, I think he got in over his head rather quickly. I saw him at a local BBBL event against a local cat. All eco friendly rounds (recycled). That combined with the no-shows is telling of him biting off more than he can chew.

He could keep his brand with a slow burn. Or perhaps weve been impressed with a gimmick that will wear off soon.
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:45 PM   #13
Blaze Won
Gravy Crockett

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Blaze Won is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by idealaedi View Post
facts...

not that I think he is the greatest but he is def the future and if that doesn't excite someone then don't know what to tell you. in a bland state of oversaturated battle rap dude def stands out. he's in his "make money" phase...all battlers have been thru it. He'll hit his stride next year I bet. He does mot things and attributes REAlly well....especially live. HIs writing might lack at times but dude is still super young and will have time to learn. lux didn't rap as godly in 2006 as he does now. Trust me tho....in a time of cats being the new generation....Twork is special. I personally like Jak and Drugs better from the group but Twork has that X factor that they dont. People need to stop hating because they don't get it. Obviously some if not MOST people do. Let the young man do him. I promise he'll get it figured out. Most people hated Suge when he came it too. Now he's a top 10 name OF ALL TIME contender
Old 12-11-2018, 03:46 AM   #14
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Won View Post
facts...

not that I think he is the greatest but he is def the future and if that doesn't excite someone then don't know what to tell you. in a bland state of oversaturated battle rap dude def stands out. he's in his "make money" phase...all battlers have been thru it. He'll hit his stride next year I bet. He does mot things and attributes REAlly well....especially live. HIs writing might lack at times but dude is still super young and will have time to learn. lux didn't rap as godly in 2006 as he does now. Trust me tho....in a time of cats being the new generation....Twork is special. I personally like Jak and Drugs better from the group but Twork has that X factor that they dont. People need to stop hating because they don't get it. Obviously some if not MOST people do. Let the young man do him. I promise he'll get it figured out. Most people hated Suge when he came it too. Now he's a top 10 name OF ALL TIME contender
I like suge, and have for many years, but no way in hell is he top ten of all time.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:50 AM   #15
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1191 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
he's my favorite.
AVOCADO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:16 PM   #16
Cuntoffs are Jumps

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
he's my favorite.
/threadclosed (I'm wit you tho, too much bow bow)
Cuntoffs are Jumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:30 PM   #17
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
I think I watched one battle of his, against qleen I think. After that I said no thanks, but if he battles people I'm interested in I'm sure he'll get another chance one day. Too much yelling and screaming for me though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:58 PM   #18
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
he's my favorite.
Haha! Is that why you do so few watches of Suge, so the others don't look at you strange as you geek out over him?
Saloon doors/ swinging, Michael Vick/ dogs, This is Charron, Unironic kids movie gun bars, Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number, You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT, Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats, wearing bad clothes choices on the hope that your opponent will mention it and you can rebuttal it.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:13 AM   #19
iamHBY

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I do feel like Twork is running himself ragged a bit, between choking pretty frequently in battles, and also recycling a fair amount. IIRC, he first did the "Dog ate it" bar against a dude named Kream on War Zone Battles, then reused it awhile after against Arsonal. And then he reused his round from his SDK battle in a round against DNA, before choking 8 bars into his 3rd.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:34 AM   #20
Profess
Clean your room

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Nobody is going to call someone crazy for warning that Twerk might wear himself thin by taking so many battles. But we can probably all agree that Volume 3 is when he needs to peak next. So if Twerk views the multiple smaller battles as tune-ups where we might recycle (refine) his material, then what seems like a liability might really be working in his favor. Twerk just came off a fire loss to Ars in London. Have more faith in Rome DMV's top client.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:42 AM   #21
steveelite

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
steveelite has seen da-feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandgroove View Post
He came in the scene with a unique flow and something fresh. However, I think he got in over his head rather quickly. I saw him at a local BBBL event against a local cat. All eco friendly rounds (recycled). That combined with the no-shows is telling of him biting off more than he can chew.

He could keep his brand with a slow burn. Or perhaps weve been impressed with a gimmick that will wear off soon.
If you're just going to put recycled in parenthesis then why even say "eco friendly"?....

As for the topic, i think Twork has some good battles, but his style got old quick because he doesn't switch it up. He's great at what he does, but he doesn't do much.

I also think his stupid name, bald head, and hoodie thing rub people the wrong way as well.
steveelite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:12 AM   #22
Feral Linguist

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
his cleanest performances were VS Ripp and Dougy. VS Redd Handed is another notable jount

i like most of his URL performances but he has kinda fallen off from how hardbody he was on smaller leagues
Old 12-18-2018, 01:15 PM   #23
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
He was fucking flames against Chess.

Also K Shine did a 3 round impersonation of him
I got the same vind from Reds performance at volume 3

He is the most influential battle rapper of 2018 and it isnt close
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:35 PM   #24
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Nobody is going to call someone crazy for warning that Twerk might wear himself thin by taking so many battles. But we can probably all agree that Volume 3 is when he needs to peak next. So if Twerk views the multiple smaller battles as tune-ups where we might recycle (refine) his material, then what seems like a liability might really be working in his favor. Twerk just came off a fire loss to Ars in London. Have more faith in Rome DMV's top client.
Im not really a huge fan of Twerk but he was was fire vs Nitty at volume 3. Rum was too.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:26 PM   #25
grandgroove

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
grandgroove is better than Grind Time Australiagrandgroove is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveelite View Post
If you're just going to put recycled in parenthesis then why even say "eco friendly"?....

As for the topic, i think Twork has some good battles, but his style got old quick because he doesn't switch it up. He's great at what he does, but he doesn't do much.

I also think his stupid name, bald head, and hoodie thing rub people the wrong way as well.

Haha! Not a bad idea.
grandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
55357, 56834, 8217