Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Lush One New Album Listening Party 12/29 Update

Old 12-28-2018, 11:23 PM   #1
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Lush One New Album Listening Party 12/29 Update

Full livestream >>>>> https://www.facebook.com/LushOneCA/v...6206415239891/

Album Title: K3NN3DY B3NZ featuring Bobby Bucher

https://lushone.bandcamp.com/album/k3nn3dy-b3nz <<< cop it there

Last edited by Profess; 12-31-2018 at 11:59 PM.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 01:01 AM   #2
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Hope the best west health and wealth to lush. The skeezer deserves something.

Meanwhile..

god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:10 AM   #3
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I have no clue what to make of this album lollll i love it but it may be horrible im not even sure but loy fees has me dead

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:33 AM   #4
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
I have no clue what to make of this album lollll i love it but it may be horrible im not even sure but loy fees has me dead
Lush is def pushing the envelope here with Loy Fees in the mumble-rap genre. The only drawback with that is that it's hard to understand what he is saying sometimes. If his fees are 3x the average mans rent, does that mean that he has something like triple the charges of a normal man? I'm guessing at least a portion of the fees are going to a divorce lawyer. But I'll need to play the .flac version on a different audio system, and see if we go hyphy before leaving a full review. Perhaps @Nick H. with address some of that stuff after the listening party and during the AMA.

Last edited by Profess; 12-29-2018 at 04:35 AM.
Old 12-29-2018, 05:18 AM   #5
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by god level View Post
Hope the best west health and wealth to lush. The skeezer deserves something.

Meanwhile..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DR3TlADsPw
The listening party is during the UFC ppv?
Old 12-29-2018, 05:52 AM   #6
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
Lush is def pushing the envelope here with Loy Fees in the mumble-rap genre. The only drawback with that is that it's hard to understand what he is saying sometimes. If his fees are 3x the average mans rent, does that mean that he has something like triple the charges of a normal man? I'm guessing at least a portion of the fees are going to a divorce lawyer. But I'll need to play the .flac version on a different audio system, and see if we go hyphy before leaving a full review. Perhaps @Nick H. with address some of that stuff after the listening party and during the AMA.
Isnt he married to that battle related lady who was doing the filmon thing too

Yea i mean i give him credit for going for it full force with this album but i have no clue how to gauge or judge this type of stuff im no expert on post 2008 rap especially not post 2016

Rip ux9
Old 12-29-2018, 06:19 AM   #7
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Isnt he married to that battle related lady who was doing the filmon thing too

Yea i mean i give him credit for going for it full force with this album but i have no clue how to gauge or judge this type of stuff im no expert on post 2008 rap especially not post 2016
He was, and my take is that he made this album. His first in a few years, as a way to help himself move on. But I need to listed to it completely. Lush is an Avant-garde artist so his stuff warrants more than one listen from fans.

A main point Lush was driving home on his podcast relates to battle rap fans getting stuck in a classic hip-hop echo chamber. I think there is some truth to that and Lush is using mumble-rap here as a vehicle to drive us away from that tunnel vision
Old 12-29-2018, 07:16 AM   #8
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
album was trash
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:29 AM   #9
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by track 1 View Post
album was trash
That must be Madd Illz burner account

Old 12-29-2018, 07:35 AM   #10
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Damn on track 6 WTYD Lush fires shots at Wendy Williams
Old 12-29-2018, 02:21 PM   #11
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 416 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
Quote:
Damn on track 6 WTYD Lush fires shots at Wendy Williams
wow... what a rebel lmao

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:31 AM   #12
Profess
Smooth Criminal

@RickyProehl

Last edited by Profess; 12-30-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:17 AM   #13
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Quote:
Ill peep just to hear him explain abbreviating lawyer to loy

Rip ux9
Old 12-30-2018, 01:10 PM   #14
Dusted123

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dusted123 is not the worst person
Quote:
A main point Lush was driving home on his podcast relates to battle rap fans getting stuck in a classic hip-hop echo chamber. I think there is some truth to that and Lush is using mumble-rap here as a vehicle to drive us away from that tunnel vision
lol

There is truth to it because it applies to people in general it has nothing to do with battle rap or even Hip-Hop, and I think echo chamber is a poor term to use here as well

Most people Lush age don't enjoy mumble rap, most kids listening to mumble rap today aren't going to enjoy the next mumble rap when they're Lush's age just like has happened across all genres

And if that was the goal wouldn't it make more sense to try and combine the styles and bridge the gap between them? What exactly is this going to do to convince someone who blindly hates mumble rap that its not bad?
Dusted123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 12:40 AM   #15
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusted123 View Post

And if that was the goal wouldn't it make more sense to try and combine the styles and bridge the gap between them? What exactly is this going to do to convince someone who blindly hates mumble rap that its not bad?
To be fair to Lush, when asked what genre the album was he said that was up to the fans to decide. Furthermore, when suggested that the album was a transition out of boom-bap he and an associate laughed at the term boom-bap because it was dated. All that said, after listening to Lush on the Flavor Junkies podcast it appears that the young people in the LA art scene aren't as influenced by classic hip-hop as they were a decade ago.

After listening to the album I only hear some mumble rap influence in it and perceive it more as a bridge like you said, so I think a blend or mumble, with parts, hyphy, and classic hip-hip is a good description too. But it doesn't fall into a neat category.

And trying to convince someone that doesn't like mumble to like it it probably going to be an uphill battle. Actually, when I originally started referring to what Lush does as mumble, I did that because I think that is a trend he can influence. For instance, the way he took GT to new heights.. I believe you could do the same thing with No Jumper, but on a bigger scale.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:43 AM   #16
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
wow... what a rebel lmao
How would he fit in here?

Old 12-31-2018, 12:46 AM   #17
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Ill peep just to hear him explain abbreviating lawyer to loy
He did address that. When asked if loy = lawyer. He seemed genuinely surprised that it wasn't obvious. But that led him into describing some of his other slang. For example, I found the use of Mildred to be the most interesting term he took a deepish dive into.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:57 AM   #18
Profess
Smooth Criminal

I'm not sure how familiar everyone is with Bobby Bucher (he collabed on a few songs with Lush for the new album) Anyway, he discussed how they first linked up. Apparently, at the Ether event Bobby was prepared to press Lush for some money but Lush had that covered so it didn't come to that. So instead they ended up chopping it up about music. Bobby was at the listening party and appeared to not want to be viewed in a bad light.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:00 AM   #19
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Old 01-02-2019, 12:44 AM   #20
nixstix

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
nixstix has seen da-feet
this is all a joke right
nixstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:26 AM   #21
griminey

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
griminey is not the worst person
Lush got divorced? They weren't married that long were they?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:45 AM   #22
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstix View Post
this is all a joke right
How is this a joke? Check his bandcamp for proof or the livestream. Uno def just dropped an album.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:48 AM   #23
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by griminey View Post
Lush got divorced? They weren't married that long were they?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, their marriage didn't work. So they made the right decision going their separate ways.
Old 01-02-2019, 04:47 PM   #24
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
I feel like I'm watching everyone applaud for Radio, and I'm the only one here like.... but this shit is stoooooooopid.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:59 PM   #25
Neanderthol

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Neanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time AustraliaNeanderthol is better than Grind Time Australia
Much of this is pretty cringy
I knew after checking that flavor podcast he had and saw the absolute, almost reachy, trash he would push on there and when he said he was "heavily involved"wit Chief Keef's worst music/moves (filmon,)that he was bout to drop some straight doo doo.

Funny shit is that last shit he did years back was actually aiight which surprised me after all the Molly Ringwald and the shit he was doing wit Plex which was laughable but shit ppl was fuckin wit it it seemed

I am glad to see hes making moves tho still cuz he been lookin like was doing bad on IG since his break-up so its good that hes still doing his thing, albeit ...
idk best of luck to him; I wish him success in general

Last edited by Neanderthol; 01-02-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Neanderthol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:25 PM   #26
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthol View Post
I am glad to see hes making moves
He's hosting Diz vs Cali Smooth on AHAT