Battle DLTLLY // Shuffle T & Marlo vs Henry Bowers & Nils m/ Skils

View Poll Results: Who won?
Shuffle/Marlo 7 100.00%
Henry/Nils 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2019, 02:48 PM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
DLTLLY // Shuffle T & Marlo vs Henry Bowers & Nils m/ Skils

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:03 PM   #2
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Mentioned: 424 Post(s)
RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
One round in and im not impressed... i miss the old days. Battles now suffer from the general malaise that defines Postmodernism... bars just dont hit as hard as they used to and crowds are spoiled.

Rip ux9
RickyProehl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:00 PM   #3
Paradox

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Paradox is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
One round in and im not impressed... i miss the old days. Battles now suffer from the general malaise that defines Postmodernism... bars just dont hit as hard as they used to and crowds are spoiled.
crowd was awful. shuffle/marlo had a classic 3rd though.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:24 AM   #4
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Really enjoyed Shuffarlo here. Their second was weak, but first and third had some solid angles.

Were Nils and Bowers always wack as a team or just here? Really zero chemistry.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:56 AM   #5
Ode To Street Hassle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ode To Street Hassle is not the worst person
Quote:
the general malaise that defines Postmodernism...
Don't forget to toss in something about the danger of cultural marxism.
Ode To Street Hassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:29 AM   #6
god level

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
god level is better than Grind Time Australiagod level is better than Grind Time Australia
Nils M Skils top 5
god level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:31 AM   #7
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

RickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRickyProehl is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode To Street Hassle View Post
Don't forget to toss in something about the danger of cultural marxism.
Hahaha this shit cracked me up

Rip ux9
Old 01-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #8
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Mentioned: 253 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
I thought post-modernism was something french philosophers made up to get girls then just ran with when that worked. So I suppose it makes sense that a believer would wind up with a feeling of nothingness after the initial love affair tapered off.
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 12:51 PM   #9
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess View Post
I thought post-modernism was something french philosophers made up to get girls then just ran with when that worked. So I suppose it makes sense that a believer would wind up with a feeling of nothingness after the initial love affair tapered off.
That's a weird definition
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 01:57 PM   #10
TheGodOfPez
Whiskey for breakfast.

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
TheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time AustraliaTheGodOfPez is better than Grind Time Australia
Been waiting forever for this. Saving this for after work with some beers on deck. Hoping it lives up to the hype. Haven't read any prior comments to avoid spoilers lol
TheGodOfPez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #11
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
That's a weird definition
Weird concepts concepts tend to get weird definitions. But why don't you be a sport and unpack what you mean by weird
Old 01-07-2019, 03:07 PM   #12
rogermellie

rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Quote:
Weird concepts concepts tend to get weird definitions. But why don't you be a sport and unpack what you mean by weird
There isn't anything to unpack, I just thought it was odd.
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by rogermellie; 01-07-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #13
JR77

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
JR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time AntarcticaJR77 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
the general malaise that defines Postmodernism...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode To Street Hassle View Post
something about the danger of cultural marxism.
I read these in Shuffle's voice and it sounded fire
JR77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #14
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
There isn't anything to unpack, I just thought it was odd.
Calling something odd for no reason

Old 01-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #15
rogermellie

Quote:
Calling something odd for no reason

I generally think it's weird when people describe some theory/belief whatevaaa as being a way to impress/get girls. I know you were joking, it's not that deep bruh.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2019, 05:13 PM   #16
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
I generally think it's weird when people describe some theory/belief whatevaaa as being a way to impress/get girls. I know you were joking, it's not that deep bruh.
Thanks for the clarification. I was blowing things out of proportion. cheers
Old 01-07-2019, 05:31 PM   #17
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
i enjoyed the battle at first, but i couldn't get past how each rapper gives rather subliminal creedance to skepticism of "objective truths." this world really is going to shit.

edit: peterson 2020
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:50 AM   #18
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR77 View Post
I read these in Shuffle's voice and it sounded fire
Hahah I definitely wrote it out as satire and hes a master of satire so it only makes sense to read it in his voice

Rip ux9
Old 01-08-2019, 02:51 AM   #19
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace View Post
i enjoyed the battle at first, but i couldn't get past how each rapper gives rather subliminal creedance to skepticism of "objective truths." this world really is going to shit.

edit: peterson 2020
Hahah jordan peterson>>>

Does canada have some sort of big election in 2020 ?

Rip ux9
Old 01-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #20
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
shufflo had a good first
Old 01-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #21
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2906 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Hahah jordan peterson>>>

Does canada have some sort of big election in 2020 ?
ugh don't go down the rabbit hole. How is Peterson with his "hey boyz i'll be your dad" swag somehow seen as credible? There's gotta be a middle ground between SJW stupidity over pronouns and Peterson thinking "MAKE YOUR BED, YOUNG MAN" will save men from what he sees as an evil takeover of feminazis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:17 PM   #22
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
I don't know what the fuck video I watched that made Youtube think I want to see him, but it's been recommending me a bunch of his bullshit on the sidebar for weeks and it's a quiet bummer. Even when I clear cookies and watch history or go incognito. Fuck that.

...also didn't watch the battle yet...I'll get to it.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:21 PM   #23
SBOfficial
RUOfficial?

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
SBOfficial is not the worst person
Starting at 29:40.. That entire setup was funny as hell lmao. Currently the only duo whose battles I enjoy watching.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #24
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesStankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Quote:
You may have never thought this before, but we would get on so fucking well.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:09 PM   #25
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
ugh don't go down the rabbit hole. How is Peterson with his "hey boyz i'll be your dad" swag somehow seen as credible? There's gotta be a middle ground between SJW stupidity over pronouns and Peterson thinking "MAKE YOUR BED, YOUNG MAN" will save men from what he sees as an evil takeover of feminazis.
the dunning-kruger effect is the idea that the less competent you are, the more confident you are with your sense of knowledge because you don't realize how little you know. it's quite common among peterson's followers. literally anyone with below-surface knowledge of existentialist and political ideas will find peterson completely uninteresting or thoughtless. anyone who reads "leftist" literature regardless if they agree with it knows peterson's fundamental understanding of postmodernism is embarrassingly simplistic.
peace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:30 PM   #26
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Peterson might be on to something with his patreon alternative. I've heard complaints that iirc coty got taxed heavy thru that. @riffic we're you guys trying steemit at RYD? To avoid the middle man. How's that working out?
Old 01-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #27
Profess
Smooth Criminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankDaddy View Post
You may have never thought this before, but we would get on so fucking well.
At first I was flattered by your comment, but then I saw you have negative rep. So according to Black Mirror I should be disgusted haha
Old 01-09-2019, 11:34 PM   #28
StankDaddy

StankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesStankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
Lets see if you can make an actual critique of his work tho...
Old 01-09-2019, 11:37 PM   #29
StankDaddy

Quote:
the dunning-kruger effect is the idea that the less competent you are, the more confident you are with your sense of knowledge because you don't realize how little you know. it's quite common among peterson's followers. literally anyone with below-surface knowledge of existentialist and political ideas will find peterson completely uninteresting or thoughtless. anyone who reads "leftist" literature regardless if they agree with it knows peterson's fundamental understanding of postmodernism is embarrassingly simplistic.
This is an opinion. And one that isn't borne out by my experience. Though, i freely and somewhat angrily admit there's a contingent of his fanbase who are just gripping onto anything that doesn't seem threatening to their worldview. That part really sucks.

But, in the main, Peterson isn't well-represented by his vocal 'followers'. Most people who read good things into his work never bother mentioning it to anyone in my experience. Which is hte same with any sort of cultural trend tbh.

I just straight-up-and-down disagree and find laughable your last assertion though, which is actual criticism. Well done!
Old 01-09-2019, 11:37 PM   #30
StankDaddy

Quote:
At first I was flattered by your comment, but then I saw you have negative rep. So according to Black Mirror I should be disgusted haha
Right well that... explains a lot.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:10 AM   #31
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Haha! This thread has seriously diverged.

I think that is a sign of a mediocre battle when everyone is discussing anything else except the battle, lol.
Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans, Cassidy...
Old 01-10-2019, 11:20 AM   #32
rogermellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
Haha! This thread has seriously diverged.

I think that is a sign of a mediocre battle when everyone is discussing anything else except the battle, lol.
Jesus christ, stop hating on Soul dude
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-11-2019, 09:55 AM   #33
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Bit of a letdown, shufflo were hit and miss for me, hilarious when they hit A tad cringey in places. I had high hopes for the Scandinavians, was just awkward for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:38 PM   #34
Emancee

Quote:
Jesus christ, stop hating on Soul dude
Haha! Dammit you got me, my Subconscious gave me away!!! Even thOUgh I am taLking about Henry Bowers and NiLs m Skils in the back Of my mind my Subconscious mind keeps reflecTing on Soul's last year...

Last edited by Emancee; 01-11-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #35
rogermellie

Quote:
Haha! Dammit you got me, my Subconscious gave me away!!! Even thOUgh I am taLking about Henry Bowers and NiLs m Skils in the back Of my mind my Subconscious mind keeps reflecTing on Soul's last year...

I thought you would get that I was joking by doing what you said in this post

Quote:
when everyone is discussing anything else except the battle, lol.
... but now I see I caught that neg
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-12-2019, 01:40 AM   #36
Emancee

Quote:
... but now I see I caught that neg
My bad. That's actually pretty funny. Probably doesn't mean much, but I rescind that neg :S

Will rep you later when I get a chance

Last edited by Emancee; 01-12-2019 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:16 AM   #37
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
I'm gonna watch 30 seconds of this just to see if these guys looks old
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:28 AM   #38
Ode To Street Hassle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ode To Street Hassle is not the worst person
Quote:
holy shit.

Ode To Street Hassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:14 PM   #39
rogermellie

Quote:
My bad. That's actually pretty funny. Probably doesn't mean much, but I rescind that neg :S

Will rep you later when I get a chance
haha it's all good man! I've obviously not been clear enough on this thread in general.

We're even you just have rep me the next time I say something nice about Soul
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2019, 06:47 AM   #40
RickyProehl
RickyWatters

Quote:
Were ideologically so far apart i wont waste either of our time we wont agree on much regardless

Rip ux9

Last edited by RickyProehl; 01-15-2019 at 07:25 AM.