Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Town Bidness. Updates and thoughts

Old 11-28-2019, 05:43 PM   #121
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Wasn't the whole point of battle rap to be able to beat someone in less time? I think it would require more creativity to destroy someone in a 2 minute round (timed), get a scheme and point across instead of rapping for 20 minutes and just filling time?

We used to freestyle for 30 second rounds bruh.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 05:50 PM   #122
Casual

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
damn rone really gave corey that smoke.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:58 PM   #123
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
I think Organik had an image of creating one of those legendary Smack 60-minute plus videos, it just spectacularly backfired
i mean most of the time it backfires for Smack too

other than Lux vs Cal and Lux vs Hollow and like a couple others i can't think of right now

but with Diz involved it should be obvious to everyone it's gonna suck if you let him rap forever. dude has no filter. sometimes that makes for great entertainment, most of the time it makes for shit. add a dude who hasn't battled in a long ass time and used to shine in short, concise, polished rounds, and you have a perfect storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:00 PM   #124
Casual

Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
wow soul khan actually doing worse than the reviews suggested.

Last edited by Casual; 11-28-2019 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:44 PM   #125
Casual

ganik out here at the end of soul khans first looking like he wants to go home
Old 11-29-2019, 04:57 AM   #126
Spacelab

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Spacelab is not the worst person
Youtube is now full of reaction videos like this one, just aghast at how bad the Soul Khan vs Diz battle was:

I am enjoying this
Old 11-29-2019, 11:01 AM   #127
Emancee

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Wasn't the whole point of battle rap to be able to beat someone in less time?
This is entirely my image too. The whole reason why everyone rates guys like Biggie and BigL was because they could say in one bar what took a mediocre rapper an entire song to say.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:28 PM   #128
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
Rone and Illmac killed it, real good character breakdowns.

I was laughing, partly in disbelief, at Charron's 8 mile bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
It's a fact that The Saurus didn't back down and let Pat Stay be the alpha male and all of that has a FACTUAL basis in primate psychology.

Last edited by rogermellie; 11-29-2019 at 12:43 PM.
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 03:06 PM   #129
Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
Rone and Illmac killed it, real good character breakdowns.

I was laughing, partly in disbelief, at Charron's 8 mile bit.
im actually shocked it took him this many battles to have that bit.

but yeah Rone and Illmac were pretty fantastic even if they had pretty easy matches.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:50 AM   #130
MCVeteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MCVeteran is a PY Poster
I just canít grasp why organic doesnít have time limits. I think the last full battle I watched from dizaster was Against DNA and I regretted it. SK should be giving back a refund this was so bad. Top 5 worst battle ever
Old 11-30-2019, 03:55 AM   #131
MCVeteran

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
MCVeteran is a PY Poster
Do people actually enjoy watching dizaster battles? I haven’t followed the community for a few years but I’m really trying to grasp this.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:19 AM   #132
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCVeteran View Post
Do people actually enjoy watching dizaster battles? I haven’t followed the community for a few years but I’m really trying to grasp this.
Absolutely love Diz battles. You never know what to expect when he is on. Much more interesting than hearing an overly written lecture like most rappers deliver.

The problem is that Organik indulges him too much. All of Diz'best recent battles have been with strict time limits. Coincidence?
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...
Old 11-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #133
sleeping dogs

sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
illmac vs a ward and rone vs charron were def the best battles of this event. illmac was especially good.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

current top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, pat stay, loaded lux, geechi gotti
sleeping dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:18 PM   #134
Jaybird

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Jaybird is not the worst person
I just watched SK vs Diz and Rone vs Charron. I've been on a major break from watching battles but was psyched for this card for these two battles. Here's my impressions.

SK Vs Diz
Soul Khan wasn't nearly as terrible as people say in my opinion. He actually had some good material and some thoughtful stuff. His problem was 80 percent delivery. Sure, 20 percent of the content was cringe. The Bernie stuff, the Israel stuff... that shit was wack. It was a function of this general sense that SK seems to feel like it's somehow problematic to be aggressive or assertive now. That's entirely untrue. The way he is in life toward Trump and politics he doesn't like is aggressive as he ever was in Grindtime, he just needs to channel it. SK strikes me as a dude who has always had a major chip on his shoulder and has a tendency to act like he's above things and people. That was at the core of his problem. He acted half-dedicated the whole battle. His cadence and delivery was off. I almost feel like he watched some URL battle and was like "ohh people take long pauses now, I'm gonna do that." He would have been better off if he just used his old GT style. However, I was expecting Canibus bad and this was nowhere near that. I say all this with a pretty harsh bias against Soul Khan. A couple years ago I pitched and sold a profile piece on him for a place that paid really well and I really needed the cash and he was not easy to work with and was very flippant, and stand offish about everything. I ended up giving up and moving on. That said, I think he had his moments in the battle and I think there's a way to do leftist battle rap that's effective. Diz was kinda "eh" this battle. I always like his over the top talk of doing hibachi to people but it seemed kind of directionless this time around. Also ripping up his folder was very wack. He knew by that point that dude was walking with crutches, so it was extra uncalled for.

Rone vs Charron
This was a classic battle and worth the PPV on its own. Charron had some bad moments but he also had some really clever shit. Rone was incredible and it was as if he didn't miss a beat. Ultimately my two favorite things in battling are flow and angles which are in Rone's wheelhouse. He's one of the few battlers really willing to bang his head against the wall until he comes up with something completley different than anything that's ever been done. Rone is and has always been one of my favorite so I tend to favor him but this battle was somewhat close. I have Rone 2-1 but Charron's rounds would have beat almost anyone else that night.

Rone vs Diz needs to happen.
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 05:42 PM   #135
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
I just watched SK vs Diz and Rone vs Charron. I've been on a major break from watching battles but was psyched for this card for these two battles. Here's my impressions.

SK Vs Diz
Soul Khan wasn't nearly as terrible as people say in my opinion. He actually had some good material and some thoughtful stuff. His problem was 80 percent delivery. Sure, 20 percent of the content was cringe. The Bernie stuff, the Israel stuff... that shit was wack. It was a function of this general sense that SK seems to feel like it's somehow problematic to be aggressive or assertive now. That's entirely untrue. The way he is in life toward Trump and politics he doesn't like is aggressive as he ever was in Grindtime, he just needs to channel it. SK strikes me as a dude who has always had a major chip on his shoulder and has a tendency to act like he's above things and people. That was at the core of his problem. He acted half-dedicated the whole battle. His cadence and delivery was off. I almost feel like he watched some URL battle and was like "ohh people take long pauses now, I'm gonna do that." He would have been better off if he just used his old GT style. However, I was expecting Canibus bad and this was nowhere near that. I say all this with a pretty harsh bias against Soul Khan. A couple years ago I pitched and sold a profile piece on him for a place that paid really well and I really needed the cash and he was not easy to work with and was very flippant, and stand offish about everything. I ended up giving up and moving on. That said, I think he had his moments in the battle and I think there's a way to do leftist battle rap that's effective. Diz was kinda "eh" this battle. I always like his over the top talk of doing hibachi to people but it seemed kind of directionless this time around. Also ripping up his folder was very wack. He knew by that point that dude was walking with crutches, so it was extra uncalled for.

Rone vs Charron
This was a classic battle and worth the PPV on its own. Charron had some bad moments but he also had some really clever shit. Rone was incredible and it was as if he didn't miss a beat. Ultimately my two favorite things in battling are flow and angles which are in Rone's wheelhouse. He's one of the few battlers really willing to bang his head against the wall until he comes up with something completley different than anything that's ever been done. Rone is and has always been one of my favorite so I tend to favor him but this battle was somewhat close. I have Rone 2-1 but Charron's rounds would have beat almost anyone else that night.

Rone vs Diz needs to happen.
Great assessment. It also feels like SK hasn't watched any battles in the last 5 years really or kept up as to what has happened.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 06:32 PM   #136
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
A Ward vs Illmac was a 4.5/5 battle for me. Same for Charron and Rone. Both you definitely need to see.
yeah i seent it. a ward does nothing for me but it was a good performance for him. very obvious greg is a few notches above tho, easily 30'd em

lmao @ his twitter profile SAAAAAAAAAAIID

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 08:17 PM   #137
Phaget Magnet

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Phaget Magnet is a PY Poster
Just saw that Rone vs Charron. How in the fuck did he think that eminem shit would actually work. I never followed that Charron drama with Shotty was that Tarsi chick his girl and Shotty Horror fucked her?
Phaget Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:08 AM   #138
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyProehl View Post
This thread is a throwback
reminds me of rmbva at its peak
track 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:35 AM   #139
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaget Magnet View Post
Just saw that Rone vs Charron. How in the fuck did he think that eminem shit would actually work. I never followed that Charron drama with Shotty was that Tarsi chick his girl and Shotty Horror fucked her?
They had a casual thing from what I understand. Trust Corey to not recognize it for what it was and then get all salty when she went and slept with every Tom, Dick and Harry.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:03 AM   #140
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
lmao from what u understand from what? reading into battle verses? wild speculation and assumptions into how charron acted?

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
Old 12-01-2019, 02:23 PM   #141
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
lmao from what u understand from what? reading into battle verses? wild speculation and assumptions into how charron acted?
... or Charron interviews like this:

I can find COUNTLESS others if you'd care to waste your life watching a grown man behave like a ten-year old. Charron has spoken about it a lot.

Last edited by Emancee; 12-01-2019 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #142
Emancee

... In Charron's defense though, he does admit that it was just a friends (read: orbiter) thing and that he wasn't at all upset about the Tarsi situation. That's why it was so strange to hear him bleating on about it in the Rone battle.

Last edited by Emancee; 12-01-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 03:50 PM   #143
Tecnik

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tecnik is not the worst person
Quote:
That's why it was so strange to hear him bleating on about it in the Rone battle.
He was basically method acting. He dove so deep into the B-Rabbit character that he lost his grip on reality.

The moment that the end credits ran on 8 Mile was probably the precise moment his life as a battle rapper began. I don't doubt for a second that Lose Yourself plays in his head every single time they're announcing him on stage. Spaghetti Wednesday's at Moms are his fucking favorite.
Tecnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:24 PM   #144
sikwidit

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
sikwidit is not the worst person
Kinda dipping back into battle rap with this event for the first time in a couple years. Watched 3 battles so far. Diz/Khan, Flex/K, Frak/Saurus.

Frak stood out the most to me so far. That is probably one of the best 3 rounds I've heard spit at Saurus in a while. Dope battle

I think Flex beat K in a somewhat close one.

Diz/Khan was obviously disappointing. Some of Khans material was actually decent imo but was just delivered horribly and Diz wears on you after about 10 minutes still I see.

Quick question, is the goat QP (Quantum) still around?
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"

Last edited by sikwidit; 12-04-2019 at 12:31 PM.
sikwidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:49 PM   #145
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwidit View Post
Quick question, is the goat QP (Quantum) still around?
Yeah, but only on the smaller leagues. The big leagues aren't really fucking with him all that much.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #146
sikwidit

Quote:
Yeah, but only on the smaller leagues. The big leagues aren't really fucking with him all that much.
Damn foreal? Did he do anything that I missed to burn bridges or are they just not liking his style?
"Your chick's a freak, in other words a LOVELY SINGER" "The only time he SHOP at the GAP is when he LOOK in my MOUTH" "Like I don't get it when I blam it" "I hope your dads leg gets stuck in the EQUATOR of an earthquake""I'm HOT like a FAN" "GET THEM JEANS THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!"
Old 12-04-2019, 02:08 PM   #147
sikwidit

2 more battles in. B Dot is filthy man.

Rx and Myverse had a better battle than I expected. I think RX was more consistent with her writing/ lines but Verse got way more presence. Rx rebuttal in the 3rd was the biggest moment in the battle though
Old 12-04-2019, 02:43 PM   #148
sikwidit

I know I been gone a few years but dayumm Pass looking sick these days. Like physically ill
Old 12-04-2019, 03:32 PM   #149
sikwidit

That was a great title match man. I think it was clearly 1-1 going to the third with Chilla winning round 1 and RD winning round 2. It comes down to how you view the third with Chilla kinda going for a preaching round and Deal being direct and attacking Chilla. On first watch I agree with the decision but it was a classic.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #150
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwidit View Post
Damn foreal? Did he do anything that I missed to burn bridges or are they just not liking his style?
pretty sure he shot a guy at an event
Old 12-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #151
sikwidit

Finished the event. Top 5 performances imo are

Illmac ("welcome to the devil's playground where you die at your idol/idle hands" how has this dude been battling almost 2 decades and seems like he's still improving. This honestly might be his most flawless 3 rounds ever. His second was a masterpiece and the round of the event)

Rone

B Dot

Frak (this is only like the second time I've seen this dude but he beat Saurus. He snapped in rounds 2 and 3 with some great angles for Saurus)

A Ward (came with a performance that honestly would've 30'd 90% of the card. He had a set in his first that broke down Illmac's writing pretty damn great. This is the best performance I've probably ever seen to not win a round)

H.M. Pass, Saurus, Flex, RD

Shout out Charrons 3rd though. Shit was heat.

"700k last year, you can battle my pockets and spit your Big T rounds"
"I'm not the guy to spit that 'I'm winning at life shit' to"

Also Saynt had some dope lines for a guy I've never heard of

Last edited by sikwidit; 12-05-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:23 PM   #152
irvsykeg

How was b magic?

Old 12-05-2019, 11:26 PM   #153
iamHBY

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
How was b magic?
B-Magic was pretty solid against Saynt.
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:13 AM   #154
Profess
become the conspiracy

Mentioned: 258 Post(s)
Profess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time AntarcticaProfess is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
B-Magic was pretty solid against Saynt.
Was there any build up to that battle? It seemed random to me
Profess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:54 AM   #155
sikwidit

Quote:
How was b magic?
This was about B- Magic which is why Saynt even has a case for a win
Old 12-06-2019, 02:02 AM   #156
irvsykeg

Gonna peep it then.

Sikwiddet,

Peep the on beat battle magic did. There's some cool shit in it. He kills the second round. Can't remember upon its name and don't have a link so sorry but you can google and find it or search on the board for "mask from the predator" to get the thread

Old 12-06-2019, 02:03 AM   #157
irvsykeg

Psych

Old 12-06-2019, 04:44 AM   #158
Ode To Street Hassle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ode To Street Hassle is not the worst person
Dafuq?
Ode To Street Hassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 01:08 PM   #159
magik

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
magik is a PY Poster
man, mac really talked to ward's soul.