Battle KOTD - Rap Battle - Dizaster vs Soul Khan l #TB2

View Poll Results: Who won?
Dizaster 9 90.00%
Soul Khan 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2020, 12:22 AM   #1
iamHBY

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
KOTD - Rap Battle - Dizaster vs Soul Khan l #TB2

iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:32 AM   #2
Feral Linguist
otbva

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Feral Linguist is not the worst person
uh oh....
Feral Linguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:59 AM   #3
Emancee

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
This reminds me did Math and Diz ever have that boxing match?
Nuts like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans; being Bobby Rex...
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:35 AM   #4
Emancee

Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Skimming through this, they (Avo?) did a really good job with it. Soul Kahn's second is actually watchable and I don't remember that being the case live...

His third is still garbage, but at least is nowhere near as terrible as it was live. Hard to believe, mind. I also just realized almost thirty minutes were edited out of this!!!
Nuts like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; Stone Cold/ cans; being Bobby Rex...

Last edited by Emancee; 01-07-2020 at 04:40 AM.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:45 AM   #5
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
lmfao 98 minutes long

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The People©
The Peoples© champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:01 AM   #6
iamHBY

iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
This reminds me did Math and Diz ever have that boxing match?
The boxing match ended up falling through after it turned out that the promoter for the event didn't give them their deposits in an orderly manner. Supposedly someone else is supposing to be picking up the event under a new name, but I haven't heard any updates in months.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:42 AM   #7
Casual

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
this soul khan performance is exceptionally terrible. like i don't think ive ever seen as high volume of bad/simplistic writing combined with such lackluster performance and bad angles/lack of moments. historic honestly. it's such a weird balance of bad that it seems almost by design. the only thing stopping me from thinking Soul Khan is just trolling us all is that I don't think he'd have written 30 minutes of material if that was the intention.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:36 AM   #8
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
The boxing match ended up falling through after it turned out that the promoter for the event didn't give them their deposits in an orderly manner. Supposedly someone else is supposing to be picking up the event under a new name, but I haven't heard any updates in months.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to iamHBY again.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:37 AM   #9
Felicity Halsey
Certified vet

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Felicity Halsey is not the worst person
Dizaster went ham on em.
Old 01-07-2020, 04:37 AM   #10
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual View Post
the only thing stopping me from thinking Soul Khan is just trolling us all is that I don't think he'd have written 30 minutes of material if that was the intention.
Also his second was a legit battle rap round. No-one who really hated battle rap would write a battle rap style round like that.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:30 AM   #11
Felicity Halsey
Certified vet

Felicity Halsey is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
lmfao 98 minutes long
Hey Dizaster!* You know what rhymes with your battle with Soul Khan?
that battle was so long
even you started to doze off hoe stop
Old 01-07-2020, 09:25 AM   #12
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
8 years in i'm still in Soul Khan's first and tbh this is pretty enjoyable to me so far. not amazing or anything, but he's entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:29 AM   #13
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
stopped 35 minutes in , yeah i never need to watch this in its entirety
Old 01-07-2020, 11:22 AM   #14
Marcus

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Marcus is better than Grind Time AustraliaMarcus is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity Halsey View Post
Hey Dizaster!* You know what rhymes with your battle with Soul Khan?
that battle was so long
even you started to doze off hoe stop
None of it rhymes. Hats off!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:56 PM   #15
Dear Diary
Rhetheric's like finally

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Dear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time AustraliaDear Diary is better than Grind Time Australia
so i watched it once all the way through (in 2 installments). wasn't nearly as bad imo as people were saying but ofc i've only seen this edited version. i was decently entertained most of the way through. Diz' second stood out as the most annoying round to me. i liked his angle in the third but it could've been a lot less long. Soul Khan was funny in round one, decent in round two and meh in round three.

i will never watch this again, but i didn't hate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Schrader View Post
id think if you are a virgin by choice, you have probably got the self respect and common sense to wash your butt crack every once in a while
Dear Diary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:40 PM   #16
KinCalm

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
KinCalm is not the worst person
When I heard Soul Khan was coming back, I went back and watched all his real old battles. His battles with Yellow Rat Bastard, Lethel, AC Etc, along with the newer ones. It's clear his strength was always Fat jokes, Racist jokes etc, even his more lyrical ones against DF and Fox hes still real offensive. So given he's spoke out about that kinda stuff, what did people expect? Then the fact it was unlimited rounds just made for the perfect storm. Soul Khan going into a rap battle, not being able to be offensive without looking like a hypocrite, and having to rap for 25+ mins, this is the outcome.

Last edited by KinCalm; 01-07-2020 at 08:43 PM.
KinCalm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:47 AM   #17
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 418 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
this edited version wasnt nearly as bad as people were talking about. Soul khan could definitely edit his shit and speed up his delivery nd he'll be fine. i actually enjoyed this because i was expecting so little

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. geechi gotti
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:44 AM   #18
Shadowposter
Who you callin pinhead?

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Shadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time AntarcticaShadowposter is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Never ever going to watch this. Knowing that Soul Khan shat the bed, I’d rather watch a movie in the amount of time this would take lol
Shadowposter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:13 AM   #19
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
I watched a couple minutes of SKS first round and didn't think it was anywhere near as bad as people were making it out to be. It just wasn't very good. A couple of humorous moments, some okay things that were likely ruined by his choppy and slow delivery, and then Sun pointless angles that droned on and should have been cut all together. Not going to bother watching more

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 12:55 AM   #20
Sky2real

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Sky2real is better than Grind Time AustraliaSky2real is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrakt View Post
this edited version wasnt nearly as bad as people were talking about. Soul khan could definitely edit his shit and speed up his delivery nd he'll be fine. i actually enjoyed this because i was expecting so little
Pretty much this. Was enjoyable overall.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:25 AM   #21
StankDaddy

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
StankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokesStankDaddy Three rounds of Loe Pesci chokes
No one won this battle.
StankDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #22
Ayo!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ayo! is a PY Poster
Didn't even know this came out 3 days ago. Oh well, battle rap is dead.

By the way: http://rmbva.com/showpost.php?p=759363&postcount=17
Ayo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 06:31 PM   #23
Symphoniez

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Symphoniez is not the worst person
Watched the entire, uneditted footage live. Diz in prime form here - Soul Khan had some gems but delivery and overly censored approach killed him. 3-0 Diz.
Smooth offense, high middle the news conference"
Symphoniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:36 PM   #24
iamHBY

To me, it's not the worst battle ever like some people have said it is. There are a few flaws about the battle like the length of the battle and Soul Khan's delivery, but I thought Khan had some pretty funny stuff at times, and Diz had some pretty creative approaches as well. To me, it's not as bad as say, something like Iron Solomon vs. Murda Mook.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:36 AM   #25
griminey

griminey is not the worst person
There, i finally finished this battle, took 3 sessions i think. Now, I've never been shy about how much i hate diz, but his raps and his style are straight trash. Dizaster is awful. Soul khan was nothing special but at least he brought a new angle to battle rap, soul khan the social justice warrior is at least new and different, i don't know what he's going to say. With diz i know exactly what to expect and it's always garbage, every single time. This battle was trash but soul khan was still better than diz.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
griminey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #26
ThaDiz
A bump bump bump

ThaDiz is not the worst person
Yeah this wasn't good. Diz had some ok moments inbetween his usual trash but then i guess that could be law of averages when youve written nearly an hours worth of material. Battle still sat comfortably under 100k views n been out nearly a full week too. Don't ever need to see Soul Khan try again although I'm sure he's smart enough to know that. What a waste of time.
ThaDiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #27
Casual

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Casual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battleCasual is pushing for a PG battle
Yikes. 69k views for a Dizaster vs. Soul Khan battle.

The last SK battle worth watching, and it ain't cause of SK.
Casual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 02:55 AM   #28
mek

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
mek is not the worst person
Fuck khans voice ebb and flow is super annoying. Not sure if that or his disgusting blackhead infested nose is worse.

We all lose watching this
mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 03:58 AM   #29
Water Mage

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Water Mage is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
Fuck khans voice ebb and flow is super annoying. Not sure if that or his disgusting blackhead infested nose is worse.

We all lose watching this

People are acting like this is the worst battle ever, not fair to Diz because he was great in this battle... Ppl sleeping on Diz, this is the Diz we saw vs. Swave Sevah IMO

Diz bodied Khan... BADLY.... Soul Khan's AWFUL delivery and often CRINGY content just further accentuated what was great about Diz's performance.... .
Water Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:36 AM   #30
griminey

My favorite part is when diz brags about his 13 million view battle as if it didn't have everything to do with oxy and nothing to do with him

Old 01-15-2020, 07:16 AM   #31
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by griminey View Post
My favorite part is when diz brags about his 13 million view battle as if it didn't have everything to do with oxy and nothing to do with him

Crazy that Oxxxy averages 23million views a battle, lol.

By Oxxxy's standards that is a relatively low view count!
Old 01-16-2020, 02:57 PM   #32
griminey

Quote:
Crazy that Oxxxy averages 23million views a battle, lol.

By Oxxxy's standards that is a relatively low view count!
Exactly. You could argue that that battle wasn't even a good look for him, his career surely didn't need it. But somehow, diz feels like *he* has a 13 million view battle? His battle with cali smoov from ten months ago has less than 200 thousand, something isn't adding up. Diz is not nearly the draw that he thinks he is

Old 01-16-2020, 03:38 PM   #33
Ayo!

Ayo! is a PY Poster
Quote:
Exactly. You could argue that that battle wasn't even a good look for him, his career surely didn't need it. But somehow, diz feels like *he* has a 13 million view battle? His battle with cali smoov from ten months ago has less than 200 thousand, something isn't adding up. Diz is not nearly the draw that he thinks he is

I was really surprised to hear during the battle that Soul Khan has one 1M+ view battle in his entire career. With how much you guys fellated him, I would have thought he was some sort of star. I was really surprised to see that.
Old 01-16-2020, 05:17 PM   #34
griminey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayo! View Post
I was really surprised to hear during the battle that Soul Khan has one 1M+ view battle in his entire career. With how much you guys fellated him, I would have thought he was some sort of star. I was really surprised to see that.
You guys? You mean the people on this forum? Surely you don't mean me, I've never been crazy about soul khan. My problem is with diz and has nothing to do with soul khan

Old 01-16-2020, 11:07 PM   #35
Emancee

Quote:

The Smoov battle is kinda an argument the other way though. Smoov averages less than 50K views a battle and that is exceptionally high views for him.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:09 PM   #36
Emancee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayo! View Post
I think you're on the wrong forum for that argument. This forum was pretty harsh towards SK, lol
Old 01-17-2020, 01:36 AM   #37
Ayo!

Ayo! is a PY Poster
Quote:
The Smoov battle is kinda an argument the other way though. Smoov averages less than 50K views a battle and that is exceptionally high views for him.
Plus the battle was on AHAT. Who watches AHAT?

Tags
8217, tb2