Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
@hawaiiand, @drect, I got some questions about UDUBB HIGH STAKES 2 PPV

Old 01-18-2017, 03:57 AM   #1
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
@hawaiiand, @drect, I got some questions about UDUBB HIGH STAKES 2 PPV

What's the audio situation looking like? No Mask was not good and people were super mad about the money they gave y'all.

Will we be able to rewatch/ catch battles we missed after the event?

@hawaiiand @Drect

Last edited by 6000GP; 01-18-2017 at 04:16 AM.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:01 AM   #2
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
If this is like the first High Stakes ppv, then that sounds awesome. But if it's like No Mask, let me know now so I can do something else with my Sunday.

What's the camera angles looking like?
Old 01-18-2017, 04:12 PM   #3
6000GP
tupac back

Old 01-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #4
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
I might just go to this event.
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #5
hawaiiand
Media

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Wassup, thanks for asking.

The No Mask event was a matter of not having the right audio cables at the time. During the start of the event we had someone run out and purchase what they needed to run the audio through the DJs mixer and into the stream. We also used a company, not to be named, to handle the filming and broadcast.. Im not passing the blame to them for not having the right cables, but none of the equipment used was RapGrids except the cable we bought halfway through.. And if anyone remembers, after we ran through the DJ's mixer, the audio was much better.

This time around we have purchased everything ourselves (camera, mixers, cables, etc) and are flying to New Jersey with everything. So we are much better prepared.

If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me. If I can provide a broad explanation to anything, I'll gladly do so here for everyone to see.

I'm much more confident in what the product will be this time around, but I cannot say with %100 certainty that it will be perfect. But re: the audio issue from No Mask, we completely understand what happened and are better prepared this time around for there to be no audio issues.

Hope that helps.
hawaiiand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
hawaiiand
Media

hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Will we be able to rewatch/ catch battles we missed after the event?

@hawaiiand @Drect
Yes, some time after the live event the videos will be made available to re-watch. There will be some downtime between the live event and them being available as 'video on demand' as we upload them to Vimeo for VOD, but it should be faster than our normal VOD turnaround since we'll be at the venue and capturing the live stream ourselves for upload (vs waiting for the leagues to send to us).

My understanding is that UW will be recording their own versions of the battles for the YT release, and the VOD offering will be what we stream for the live ppv.

Let me know any other questions.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:03 PM   #7
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
I might just go to this event.
stay away from those shines and grapes

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:04 PM   #8
SHOWTIME

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
SHOWTIME is better than Grind Time AustraliaSHOWTIME is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ass Napkin Ed View Post
stay away from those shines and grapes
Fuck you mean bro
SHOWTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #9
Ass Napkin Ed
NEGRO NAZI

Mentioned: 510 Post(s)
Ass Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local leagueAss Napkin Ed is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
Fuck you mean bro
unsavory characters

I am Malcolm ED
By ANE Means Necessary
Ass Napkin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:07 PM   #10
hawaiiand
Media

hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
If this is like the first High Stakes ppv, then that sounds awesome. But if it's like No Mask, let me know now so I can do something else with my Sunday.

What's the camera angles looking like?
My understanding is that Ustream themselves were at the event and handled it completely for UW including the filming, switching, stream production and delivery. In the interest of full disclosure, we will not be using Ustream unless there is some kind of disaster between now and the event.

In my opinion, this event will be more like the High Stakes ppv than the No Mask, but I wanted to make the distinction so you can weigh your Sunday options yourself.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:13 PM   #11
cripplesunday1
Substance Abuser

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
cripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarcticacripplesunday1 is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiand View Post
My understanding is that Ustream themselves were at the event and handled it completely for UW including the filming, switching, stream production and delivery. In the interest of full disclosure, we will not be using Ustream unless there is some kind of disaster between now and the event.

In my opinion, this event will be more like the High Stakes ppv than the No Mask, but I wanted to make the distinction so you can weigh your Sunday options yourself.
Any idea of a start time for the event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfworm View Post
No money.

Just Cheese and glory.
cripplesunday1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #12
hawaiiand
Media

hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplesunday1 View Post
Any idea of a start time for the event?
No idea. Those kind of logistics, we have to depend on the league organizing the event.

Whatever gets announced, I'm personally adding the 1 hour "this is battle rap" buffer, with another 1 hour "lets be realistic, this is battle rap" backup buffer.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:24 PM   #13
rogermellie

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
rogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICErogermellie is NICE
I'm looking forward to this event but I'm a bit dissapointed to see they aren't doing it with the team they did for the first High Stakes event.

Seriously nothing against Rap Grid etc, I like those guys but that first High Stakes PPV was so good and still the best battle rap PPV there has been imo. I feel like that might be because they shelled out a lot for a big proffesional team though and it didn't seem like they ended up profitting off of that event atall (it basically wiped them out until recently).

All that being said the responses here are encouraging. I want to get the ppv because Suge vs Hitman but it being a Sunday means I'll have to stay up until like 3 hours before I need to wake up and go to work (damn americans with your behind us timezones).
Quote:
Originally Posted by pityposter View Post
And yes, I promise you, on everything, you don't want any of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
I'd say Chef Trez is my Bangz
rogermellie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 07:55 PM   #14
hawaiiand
Media

hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogermellie View Post
but that first High Stakes PPV was so good and still the best battle rap PPV there has been imo. I feel like that might be because they shelled out a lot for a big proffesional team
I haven't discussed directly with the UW team myself, but thats my understanding, that it was a big cost to get Ustream to come out to the event and its not affordable for every event. I didn't quote the part about profitability because I don't know for a fact, but I have a serious suspicion that it wasn't profitable after paying that cost.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:07 PM   #15
AVOCADO
VIP

Mentioned: 1187 Post(s)
AVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICEAVOCADO is NICE
good luck guys! i'll be watching!
AVOCADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #16
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiand View Post
Wassup, thanks for asking.

The No Mask event was a matter of not having the right audio cables at the time. During the start of the event we had someone run out and purchase what they needed to run the audio through the DJs mixer and into the stream. We also used a company, not to be named, to handle the filming and broadcast.. Im not passing the blame to them for not having the right cables, but none of the equipment used was RapGrids except the cable we bought halfway through.. And if anyone remembers, after we ran through the DJ's mixer, the audio was much better.

This time around we have purchased everything ourselves (camera, mixers, cables, etc) and are flying to New Jersey with everything. So we are much better prepared.

If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me. If I can provide a broad explanation to anything, I'll gladly do so here for everyone to see.

I'm much more confident in what the product will be this time around, but I cannot say with %100 certainty that it will be perfect. But re: the audio issue from No Mask, we completely understand what happened and are better prepared this time around for there to be no audio issues.

Hope that helps.
Fsho. Good lookin man, I (and I'm sure others) appreciate the info
Old 01-18-2017, 09:43 PM   #17
hawaiiand
Media

hawaiiand is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVOCADO View Post
good luck guys! i'll be watching!
You're the real MVP Avo. Thanks for doing everything you do.