Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Can someone notify KOTD that Caustic is not some Gdd up nigga!!

Old 06-09-2016, 04:00 PM   #1
brownzvill19

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
brownzvill19 is not the worst person
Can someone notify KOTD that Caustic is not some Gdd up nigga!!

Why does he always get matched up with the street battlers?

This clown ass bozo was rapping about sticking cocks in ya mommas fart box not to long ago... He grew a beard now he is clapping pistols?? Kotd u niggaz are losing credibility doing this

Rex and Bigg K made this man look like was 2 ft tall how u loose 3-0 both times to opponents u took serious smh....
Old 06-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
6000GP
tupac back

Mentioned: 564 Post(s)
6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Its not just him, KOTD, overall, has been going through an identity crisis for a while. They're not sure if they wanna be backpacking suburbanites/canadians or tough guys. I liked them better when they were more true to themselves. Caustic has it pretty bad though. His mentor was a white supremacist and he used to be anti-(black) street rappers but now he wants to be like them. I don't get it.
6000GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:11 PM   #3
LukeWaltonisGoat

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
LukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICELukeWaltonisGoat is NICE
I think booking him is a bad look for your league regardless of who it's against he's close to getting his jersey retired in the trash God hall of fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post
you are the sturdy femurs that keep this forum upright

@I am LIL ILL is the heart
LukeWaltonisGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:12 PM   #4
iamHBY

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
iamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaiamHBY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Didn't Caustic beat JJDD, Cortez, Verb and Arsonal though?
iamHBY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:13 PM   #5
brownzvill19

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
brownzvill19 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6000GP View Post
Its not just him, KOTD, overall, has been going through an identity crisis for a while. They're not sure if they wanna be backpacking suburbanites/canadians or tough guys. I liked them better when they were more true to themselves. Caustic has it pretty bad though. His mentor was a white supremacist and he used to be anti-(black) street rappers but now he wants to be like them. I don't get it.
I enjoyed caustic when he was battling guys like a class nd 24/7 but this want to be thug rapper is what made his lame as fuck..
Old 06-09-2016, 04:15 PM   #6
6000GP
tupac back

6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league6000GP is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamHBY View Post
Were those battles judged? Because he lost 3 out 4, imo. Either way, what does that have to do with anything?
Old 06-09-2016, 04:21 PM   #7
GMajor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
GMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownzvill19 View Post
Why does he always get matched up with the street battlers?

This clown ass bozo was rapping about sticking cocks in ya mommas fart box not to long ago... He grew a beard now he is clapping pistols?? Kotd u niggaz are losing credibility doing this

Rex and Bigg K made this man look like was 2 ft tall how u loose 3-0 both times to opponents u took serious smh....
Lol, I think a lot of people who follow battle rap would ask the same question....back in January, I posted this somewhere:

"when did Kid Caustic change from "comedy battler/google joke stealer" to "mafia don, "don't approach me when I'm smoking my ganja"/coke dealer"???

I think someone replied and said something like "Well if FRESCO can do it, why can't Daniel!???"......So........there's that...

EDIT: To be fair to Caustic, you can reinvent yourself whenever you want. If I was single in my 30's, with no kids, I'd probably consider pushing coke at some point.
GMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #8
SonnyDaze
#NoHardFeelings

Mentioned: 943 Post(s)
SonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICESonnyDaze is NICE
Quote:
All 4 were considered paycheck battles for the URL! rappers
SonnyDaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:20 PM   #9
Fonix

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Fonix is not the worst person
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't caustic using gun bars back in Grindtime? I remember him saying something like "I'll put the eagle to your center like the Mexican Flag" against Diz. I don't think he's really changed how he battles that much honestly. He's still tells a lot of jokes, but aside from Carter Deems and Calcium Kid and a few others no one can really rely solely on the comedy angle alone anymore.
Fonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:26 PM   #10
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
all absolutely decisively, too -- 0 debate on any.

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #11
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Were those battles judged? Because he lost 3 out 4, imo. Either way, what does that have to do with anything?
i'm intrigued, who do you think he DID beat? it's pretty well received that he beat all 4 without a problem

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #12
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post
i'm intrigued, who do you think he DID beat? it's pretty well received that he beat all 4 without a problem
He "beat" verb, but Idk how well its accepted that he beat the other 3 outside of this board and talkback

JJDD most def beat him imo. I dont remember the cortez battle, but I remember preferring cortez in that. Arsonal bodied him. I just don't feel caustic as a rapper, and I don't think he's funny. Those other dudes are just superior rappers to me and they all cruised past him imo.

But again, those battles werent judged, so people are free to draw their own conclusions.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:50 PM   #13
Bosco
TBDMG

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Bosco is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't caustic using gun bars back in Grindtime? I remember him saying something like "I'll put the eagle to your center like the Mexican Flag" against Diz. I don't think he's really changed how he battles that much honestly. He's still tells a lot of jokes, but aside from Carter Deems and Calcium Kid and a few others no one can really rely solely on the comedy angle alone anymore.
This. I haven't really noticed too much of a change from his old content.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:58 PM   #14
GMajor

GMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time AustraliaGMajor is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
He "beat" verb...
To be fair to Verb, he was battling Shotty...AND he has a well known allergy on top of that. Don't think we should count that one...
Old 06-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #15
TheFinalWord

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
TheFinalWord is not the worst person
I liked him more before the 'real talk' third round VS K

I hate the "I do real shit that I won't tell you about......ps I sell cocaine"

I really hate the " I did what I had to do to survive" ie sold drugs......seriously? NOrth American white males do not NEED to sells drugs.

Also, anyone that brags about selling weed needs to grow up,you'd be more of a rarity if you didn't sell weed.

Still a fan, hope that he is feels he got his point across about being a badass because I don't wanna hear that again.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:07 PM   #16
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:
Obsessively talking about another man's junk ain't a good look tho...
Old 06-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #17
GMajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalWord View Post
I liked him more before the 'real talk' third round VS K

I hate the "I do real shit that I won't tell you about......ps I sell cocaine"
LOL, this SHIT RIGHT HERE?! Well put cuz......I honestly think the reason I have an opinion about Caustic "the battle rapper" is because the whole dichotomy (I went there) around "being you/real"/being a unique individual...versus "trying to fit in/be accepted" in "the scene", seems like a constant presence in the evolution of his performances...

Fuck it...I'll say it. I fuck with some versions of Caustic, but this shit right here ^^^ is concerning...

Just thought of something kinda fucked up....it's almost like Caustic wants to be a version of Qleen (can clown on anyone, but u still know he's "real")....Qleen's one of my favorites (like a lot of people)....but Qleen also has never changed his style.

Possible conclusions:

a. D-Stefs is Qleen Paper's #1 fan
b. Glenn Stefani never had a dad, so he's a little lost (it happens).
c. Fuckin Danny S. sells coke now! And guess what? He always did, but he's not a snitch---he's a real G, so he decided to rap about not cheating on your girl and how people look different AS A COVER??!!?!?
d. all of the above (obv)...

Last edited by GMajor; 06-09-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:11 PM   #18
GMajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey-Clovn View Post
Obsessively talking about another man's junk ain't a good look tho...
Fax...almost makes Michael White a fuckin genius tho...(afraid for my own well being at this point)
Old 06-09-2016, 08:20 PM   #19
MrMumbles905
Repping East905

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
MrMumbles905 is not the worst person
I thought the Caustic vs Rex was a good battle from them both. THey both did there style well. If you think he looked horrible in it than that would be a style pressence. Like I didn't love Rex in the battle but I thought he did what he does well.

He was off in the Bigg K battle
I think he gets booked as he's one of the bigger named battlers.
He has a pretty good record vs Street Battlers if you asking those that don't have a major preference to street battlers. But if you do no none street battler going to come out looking good

BMTO - SNOW WHITE ON DA BLOCK vs MZBLACKPEARL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYBrh4rIwjQ

DAT KING SHIT!!! Entertainment blog
MrMumbles905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #20
GMajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
I thought the Caustic vs Rex was a good battle from them both. THey both did there style well. If you think he looked horrible in it than that would be a style pressence...
Ganik ain't wanna let em bang tho?!!!!

...that's no way to suhpote yo kids.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:36 PM   #21
6000GP
tupac back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMajor View Post
Ganik ain't wanna let em bang tho?!!!!

...that's no way to suhpote yo kids.
Lmfao
Old 06-09-2016, 09:05 PM   #22
GMajor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMajor View Post
To be fair to Verb, he was battling Shotty...AND he has a well known allergy on top of that. Don't think we should count that one...
Lol, "RMBVA Negs" are my new way of uncovering lames who either chew on rocks, or can't comprehend sarcasm. Welcome @Marcus ... you're not a herb at all. Keep bangin, son!
Old 06-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #23
RonRon da Dong
Ronald R. McDongald

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
RonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time AntarcticaRonRon da Dong is better than Grind Time Antarctica
I had a brief spat with Caustic yesterday about battling Gjonaj and he got rather shitty about it. I mean verge of having a seizure shitty.

I got 4 more bars hold on ..

then rap a whole 16
RonRon da Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #24
Emancee

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Rappers tailor their material to their opponent though. Of course when Caustic is battling a URL cat he's going to throw in more 'street' shit as he wants to increase his fan base. Taking and resupplying coke is pretty much as close to street as guys like Caustic get, so they rap about that.

I am sure if he battled Carter for example, he would do more comedy.
Unironic kids movie gun bars
Comparing a gun to a sports star with the same number
You get shot like INSERT PERSON WHO GOT SHOT
Comparing your gangsta to an animal (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc)
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:18 PM   #25
sleeping dogs

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
sleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australiasleeping dogs is better than Grind Time Australia
cortez and arsonal beat him pretty soundly imo. he had a decent debatable with jjdd and nobody won in the aye verb battle.
the market sold imaginations just to keep you in the dark"

top 5: tay roc, tsu surf, hollow, loaded lux, soul
sleeping dogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #26
PriceAintRight
All I know is I'm wavy, b

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
PriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time AntarcticaPriceAintRight is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Caustic... is kind of the new gatekeeper for KOTD, if that makes any sense. If you've been watching for a long time, you'd remember that the old gatekeeper was Skelly. (Hell he might be the Canadian version and Caustic the "Fresh" coast one).

Regardless, when a "street" rapper comes to KOTD, it's a good bet they'll be battling Caustic. How this happened? I don't know. Dude is about as inauthentic as a Canal street hat but folks let him rock. He's also gotten away with some slick at the mouth shit that would have gotten his jaw wired elsewhere, but we all know that audience allows it.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, I think I'd rather someone run up on me with a pistol than a dick beater. A pistol somehow sounds less terrifying.
PriceAintRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:35 AM   #27
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 641 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
sometimes you got to lose many times before you can win.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:42 AM   #28
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
do you remember anything about any of those battles?

even more, do you remember any bar from caustic?

(wins and losses dont matter if everyone sucked)

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:17 AM   #29
cdizzle

cdizzle is not the worst person
Meanwhile his tough guy bars are nicer than most actual tough guys' tough guy bars...So Ill give him a pass.

For example
The right stretch him out like PE classes, the left leave one eye blue like 3d glasses
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:32 AM   #30
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
irvsykeg is not the worst person
this is how it's been forever. every kotd card matchup has to have a smack gangster guy on there its corny and pathetic and makes the matchups suck

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:42 AM   #31
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizzle View Post
Meanwhile his tough guy bars are nicer than most actual tough guys' tough guy bars...So Ill give him a pass.

For example
The right stretch him out like PE classes, the left leave one eye blue like 3d glasses
literally fuck no and shut ur mouth

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:49 AM   #32
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
went back to rapmusic to make sure we mostly thought caustic won. this was during the everyone hating on jjdd phase though.
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:03 AM   #33
cdizzle

cdizzle is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodeezy View Post
literally fuck no and shut ur mouth
That was nice idc what you say
cdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 06:03 AM   #34
youdontwannabethatguy
VIP

youdontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarcticayoudontwannabethatguy is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Tbf i think caustic finally realised the most obvious thing in battle rap

It's significantly easier to rap about guns and drugs cause there's so many more words and terminology you can use

"I spit gun bars cause they're east to write" Step easy
youdontwannabethatguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:14 AM   #35
VAallDAY

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
VAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time AntarcticaVAallDAY is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by youdontwannabethatguy View Post
Tbf i think caustic finally realised the most obvious thing in battle rap

It's significantly easier to rap about guns and drugs cause there's so many more words and terminology you can use

"I spit gun bars cause they're east to write" Step easy
cant be easier then copying jokes off google or just well known jokes and making them rhyme

caustic always spit gunbars btw.. his punchlines have always been his strongest point..
VAallDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #36
track 1

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
track 1 is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMumbles905 View Post
He was off in the Bigg K battle
I think he gets booked as he's one of the bigger named battlers.
He has a pretty good record vs Street Battlers if you asking those that don't have a major preference to street battlers. But if you do no none street battler going to come out looking good
Caustics emo third round gotta be one of the worst rounds in KOTD history. that faggot was about to cry in the middle of a battle smh
track 1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #37
Stolos

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Stolos is not the worst person
Caustic was enjoyable to watch during his 2012 KOTD Grand Prix run and his Q Shinobi battle. That's about it.
Stolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #38
CBA

Mentioned: 233 Post(s)
CBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICECBA is NICE
I'm not as critical of Caustic as most are on this site, I think the guy's biggest problems are his rapping ability, his word play isn't really on point, and his gun bars are not convincing. That isn't to say that I believe T Rex uses all the time like he says in his raps, but there is some weird feeling of authenticity when he does it. Caustic however is very good with punchlines and when he's on point is humor is very creative.

That being said, it's a weird thing, I don't think he should battle *only* street battlers, but on the flip side, who else is he going to battle? It seems pretty clear they want him almost in a Dizaster type of role, and I know most people hate Dizaster too, but he does have break out performances from time to time, I don't really feel Caustic has had that vs. any street battlers yet.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:48 PM   #39
tatertot

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
tatertot is not the worst person
I think Caustic is dope and I always check for his battles.
tatertot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 11:20 PM   #40
Smokey-Clovn
Krakkka Killa

Smokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICESmokey-Clovn is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA View Post
I'm not as critical of Caustic as most are on this site, I think the guy's biggest problems are his rapping ability, his word play isn't really on point, and his gun bars are not convincing. That isn't to say that I believe T Rex uses all the time like he says in his raps, but there is some weird feeling of authenticity when he does it. Caustic however is very good with punchlines and when he's on point is humor is very creative.

That being said, it's a weird thing, I don't think he should battle *only* street battlers, but on the flip side, who else is he going to battle? It seems pretty clear they want him almost in a Dizaster type of role, and I know most people hate Dizaster too, but he does have break out performances from time to time, I don't really feel Caustic has had that vs. any street battlers yet.
Charron Beat Arsonal isn't that critical of Caustic..... Wow what a surprise..... Fukkk outta here

Your opinions must be disqualified cause of your name alone atone or be stoned.