Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
Rum is trash more often than not. Prove me wrong.

Old 02-08-2020, 11:25 PM   #41
irvsykeg

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emancee View Post
So we're in agreement that half of these punchlines that rappers spit are corny as hell and we should focus mostly on rap skill, delivery, style and presence? I've been saying that for years, glad to see people are catching on...
just curious, other than twork, who do you think stands out in the current era for style, delivery, rap skill, and presence? especially WRT being unique and different? ignore writing ability and just focus on the aforementioned attributes.

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)
irvsykeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:22 AM   #42
Emancee

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Emancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time AntarcticaEmancee is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
Originally Posted by irvsykeg View Post
just curious, other than twork, who do you think stands out in the current era for style, delivery, rap skill, and presence? especially WRT being unique and different? ignore writing ability and just focus on the aforementioned attributes.
Probably my list is not that different from most. From all leagues:
The Lux that turned up to Loaded Hollows
Goodz
Pat
Pass
Remy D
Geechi
Ness
Illmac (On occasions)

Then I've got some guys that I'm aware only I enjoy like Dialect, Hitman and Respek, lol. Also URL probably has the most promising future, some of the guys that are coming up now (Although they seem to have disappeared recently) show that URL could have an insane future if they nurture that talent correctly.

The thing I value most is that each of these has a really different style. With the possible exception of Pass, you could listen to like two lines and immediately tell who was rapping. If you gave me two lines of most of these generic URL/KOTD rappers, I would struggle to tell you who it was.
Go nuts/nutty like a type of nut; Michael Vick/John Wick/ dogs; St. Patrick's Day; gun/ sports star number; kill/ kilt; animal bars (Wings/ falcon, long nose/ elephant etc), Whatcha know about..., Asians/ cooking cats/ Chins; rebuttling your own clothing; being Bobby Rex...

Last edited by Emancee; 02-09-2020 at 12:36 AM.
Emancee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 12:50 AM   #43
irvsykeg

irvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australiairvsykeg is better than Grind Time Australia
interesting. agreed on your list, although goodz i'm not super familiar with. you don't think pass is obvious? i think he's super distinct in both style/sound and writing. maybe not 2 lines because his content is usually in longer blocks and takes a lil longer to be reveeal itself. idk maybe its cuz i been lstenin to him for a min

i think his version of wordplay is dope af and it's usually sayin somethin. i like his use of the same sounding words or half of the compound words to bounce around as opposed to squeezing nonexistent double meanings out of mispronouncing words and shit

illmac agreed on sometimes. he goes on auto pilot with his flow/delivery a lot but he said hes gonna work on that. his rd2 vs magic was rapped hella well atho i didnt like a lot of the lyrics

pat is great to me because he'll often do diff things with his flow and delivery. like it's rare that consistent lines sound like the ones around it, even if he does recycle his own little meme-type angles.

opposite of that is geechi, even tho i think he's great. he seems to rap the same every time with hella noticeable inflectiions, particularly the immediate next trailing multi

like:

his mama cryin, she wanna know who blast her kid
headshot! so his casket the ONLY closure THAT she get-RATCHET SPIT

ain't peeped him tons but i'd prefer he do less of the setup/punch every fuccn bar shit and go on bigger chunks on the same angle/idea. but he may do that and i just ain't peeped enuff

remyd i didnt check tons of but he was good at everything from what i remember and had a super slick and polished style. heard he got into droogs which sucks

"Nigga, I'll untwist your corn rows with a crossbow and toss your lost soul to the crossroads." - Pumpkinhead (RIP)

Last edited by irvsykeg; 02-09-2020 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:58 AM   #44
irvsykeg

ness is great altho him and fredo was a letdown for me. that was what i was hyped most about on that card. they're both great tho

Old 02-09-2020, 12:59 PM   #45
irvsykeg

Were u talmbout respek ba? Do people really not enjoy him? BA is hella good and i like him a lot. He smashed serius

Lmao he told illmac his gamer tag was flaming fag and his avatar was a rainbow flag

I think he told serius he treats a rainbow flag like a bat signal-

Tags
8216, 8217, 8220, 8221