Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
now that people are finally realizing toronto sucks, what's next for KOTD?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
peace
Mr. Claypots 😎

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
peace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarcticapeace is better than Grind Time Antarctica
now that people are finally realizing toronto sucks, what's next for KOTD?

toronto events have been unwatchable for years with only few exceptions. awful crowds, questionable booking, underwhelming performances, we all know.

i didn't buy WD7, so i skimmed recaps to catch up on the results. it seems that the two events allowed fans, bloggers, etc. to realize the gap of quality between the cali and toronto divisions. that gap doesn't seem ignorable at this point.

hypothetically, what should KOTD do about it?

i'd like to see them ditch toronto for major events and start investing more in cali. the west coast holds more talent and is creative and marketable enough for KOTD to expand their brand. the west coast also has staff/connections with people who are much better at scouting rappers. i mean, a single bunker battle pushed geechi into up-and-comer hype and got fans privy to saynt while we're struggling to remember that kinda dope line shotti p said in his second round vs whoever he faced at the last blackout.

the west coast is probably my favorite scene in battle rap, so i've been losing interest in KOTD as they continue to attempt building outside of cali. it's cool though because we still got RYD and smack (SM6 >>>>>>>).

peace is online now   Reply With Quote