Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives
BOTB6 Recap (Warning: Spoilers/Long as hell)

Old 10-13-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Mentioned: 277 Post(s)
FatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time Australia
BOTB6 Recap (Warning: Spoilers/Long as hell)

Ehhh it'll be shitty but I feel like it. Ignore this if you want lol

Met up with people for beers and all that before the event, which was sick since I managed to find a good oatmeal stout that I couldn't stop drinking... Four beers in it was like 3 or 320 and we got vegan southern bbq food (???) and beer cuz there was a place right fuckin next to the bar. Rolled over to the venue and managed to start catching all the battles and drinking even more. If you saw a dude with a blue button down unbuttoned or on his shoulder with an Egg Shen from Big Trouble in Little China shirt, that was me.

So, the battles. Not in order since I don't remember the order.

Dirtbag Dan vs Charlie Clips
Dan started losing his shit at the end of the 2nd (it sounded like freestyle) and by the end of the 3rd it was clear he just didn't have his shit down. Some good lines from Clips, none of which I really remember but you can see his projection and presence when he was rapping. Felt like Clips was winning after round 2, Dan had some shit round 1, but the chokes/freestyles made it Clips's clear win.

Ness Lee vs RemyD
Ness looks built like a truck in person. A lot of audio issues, I felt like every 20 seconds Ness had a really fucking loud 3 words and then back to normal, Remy I could almost understand what he was saying, but we all saw him choke, so I can't say it goes to him. Dunno, maybe Remy's impromptu dance audition beats Ness's verses though. Not really. Funny facts to me though, I'd seen Ness hanging out by the window next to the elevator (the quietest spot in the venue I think) going through his bars for at least 15 minutes, so I tried not to bother him since I could tell he just wanted to go through his shit without my dumb fan mentality tryin to bother dude and I saw RemyD talkin on the phone for at least 10 minutes at some point before the battle too.

Tantrum vs A-Class
Tantrum with the "ninja mask" and a crazy scheme about gimmicks being the only way for some people to get shine on their bars or something like that. I remember one of A-Class's starting bars about something Tantrum said about animal smegma or something? Nobody really reacted on that. I was one of those people. I feel like he may have beat Tantrum otherwise though. I need to see that on camera, I was tired as fuck by that point.

Caustic vs Cortez
Caustic's rounds were a lot longer, and a lot more hardhitting imo. Caustic was cracking up at some of Cortez's personals. Need to see it again but I had Caustic taking that by a wide margin. Caustic wasn't happy at some of the lack of crowd response but everyone had been standing for hella long tho. Also the camera guy yelled at us.

Daylyt vs Head ICE
I was really really confused at this one. Daylyt had some crazy shit and a post-round ski mask, but I hadn't realized it was a one round battle. Ice was going crazy too and his round was really fucking long, but I enjoyed it. I wish they'd had an entire battle but I can't complain, it was still fun to watch and hear. Ice's hat had a tag on it. This tag forced my eyeballs to follow it, and forced my ears to ignore part of ICE's round cuz it was bouncing around hella much.

DNA vs Pass
Someone tried to pickpocket me around the middle of round 2 so fuck that guy. He booked it as soon as I caught his hand on my wallet. A bit distracting. That said the battle was pretty onesided. I felt like DNA just had too many pass flips that just weren't hitting enough and pass brought back the outta pocket patna line and had the crowd. Peep the DNA diss of Okwerdz doh.

Thesaurus vs John John Da Don
I have to fucking watch this again. I was off my drinking buzz before this, but I bought a rum and coke from the dude at the bar but the shit was like 7/8 rum and 1/8 coke cuz I guess he forgot at first or something. So my head was fuzzy and I can't really judge who won. I remember good trades and lines occured. We'll see when the footage comes out.

KG vs Lottazay
I remember bars. A lot of bars. But I don't remember what those bars were. Also had to move from my spot around the 3rd round cuz this fat dude smelled like distilled death next to me. I remember KG having a lot more hardhitters, so I'm inclined to say he got that.

Illmac vs Bigg K
Fucking hell, I expected one or both of these guys to fuck up or choke completely but I was completely wrong. Hell of a performance from Illmac, and Bigg K wasn't too far behind. I thought Illmac snapped on him, but good performance from each. Gotta see this on video to see Bigg K's bumblebee themed clothing.

Diz vs Verb
Been wanting to see Verb live for a long time not to mention Diz, so this was something I wanted to see. I don't know about rounds, I was pretty gone at the point this battle took place but fuck it. Verb had some good shit, people were fucking with him. Diz had a lotta reaction too, and I can see how people love his shit especially since as soon as this was over 1/3 of the room at least cleared out. Shouts to Diz for having a round so long that as I stood in line for the bathroom, took a shit, got some air by the windows, got a drink, then rejoined people on the main floor again I could hear everything and it still went on. And shouts to the guy in the crowd that yelled "Time!" since Diz was starting to ramble with his frees. Also Diz ended with some kinda hair curler or something but I didn't see it close up.

Deadman vs Chilla
Some crazy bars from both sides, and I wish I hadn't drank as much (common theme this event for me). My head was kinda fuzzy and I didn't quite get everything dudes said, but from what I remember I think Chilla got it by at least a round. Need to see this on vid. Also remembering drunkenly running into Madness and yelling that he was awesome. Dumb fan moments. it is what it is.

Random highlights:
Meeting some of yall in person
Drinking too many overpriced drinks
Walking past a Daylyt interview and almost interrupting it by mistake
Standing in line for the bathroom and having Reverse and Dumb staring and talking to me about my shirt (Big Trouble in Little China shirt I made)
Yelling at some Mexican kid outside that was telling his friends about how every battle was trash
Almost getting pickpocketed
Going to my first official battle rap event
FatManFromSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Mentioned: 806 Post(s)
Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Nice dude! Who did you meet from the forum? Seanzo for one right?

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Breakneck
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Breakneck is better than Grind Time AustraliaBreakneck is better than Grind Time Australia
Sounds dope! Glad you enjoyed yourself man.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
All Day
Drink8cokesAday

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
All Day is better than Grind Time AustraliaAll Day is better than Grind Time Australia
fuck the pickpocketer
JC
All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

FatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time AustraliaFatManFromSpace is better than Grind Time Australia
Seanzo, Vapehop, uhh... dang lol. dude named crushedmenthol (or something along those lines? sorry for forgetting haha) and another dude who I asked who he was a few times but I kept not really hearing cuz the loudass sound/my being stupid drunk. I feel like I'm forgetting people. Bah. Mufuckers need a shirt with a name tag or something. I'm bad at names as it is haha

Oh and I think I almost met UncleMyu. Him and his friend rolled out basically as I was sitting down though
Old 10-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day View Post
fuck the pickpocketer
Pretty much, yeah
Old 10-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
adam b free
resident anarchist

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
adam b free is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatManFromSpace View Post
And shouts to the guy in the crowd that yelled "Time!" since Diz was starting to ramble with his frees

Thanks for the recap bro
adam b free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
crushproofmenthol

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
crushproofmenthol is a PY Poster
Nice summary of the battles, bro. I have similar opinions. It was awesome meeting/chilling with you and the others.

I made sure not to overdo it on the pricey drinks. Makes for a good thing as I feel like shit enough while sitting at the airport right now.
crushproofmenthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

@adam - no problem, thanks for reading my longwinded half sidetracked shit haha
@crushproofmenthol - shit was sick dude, nice meeting you and everyone and yeah, I had to drive back down to santa cruz after the event to put in some early not-at-work-but-gotta-work type shit so I felt like death/still kinda feel like death. (Everything was worth it even if my wallet lost some weight haha) Safe travels, man
Old 10-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #10
hamdouken

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
hamdouken is a PY Poster
Smh @ how this fool wrote this long ass fucking recap & somehow managed to say hardly anything of substance & be even less informative than the fool who did a recap that was 1/10th as small as this one.

Alcohol is a helluva substance.
hamdouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #11
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Quote:
Ehhh it'll be shitty but I feel like it. Ignore this if you want lol
@hamdouken

shrug
Old 10-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
hamdouken

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
hamdouken is a PY Poster
Quote:
@hamdouken

shrug
Shrug this dick, nigga.
hamdouken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
WallaceBread
Shit like that

Mentioned: 215 Post(s)
WallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time AntarcticaWallaceBread is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
and another dude who I asked who he was a few times but I kept not really hearing cuz the loudass sound/my being stupid drunk.
Haha, that would be me
WallaceBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #14
PJ Sumroc
FormerBattleAddictCoHost

Mentioned: 346 Post(s)
PJ Sumroc is not the worst person
Big Trouble in Little China t shirts>>>>>>

I got one of those ..one of the finest films ever made... Carpenter at his best

BATTLE ADDICT
THE WAX DRIPPING GERALDO RIVERA MEMORIAL AWARD WINNING RADIO SHOW

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/battleaddict

https://twitter.com/Battle_Addict

-YOUTUBE-
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qL...?feature=watch
PJ Sumroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:23 PM   #15
Venomous One

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Venomous One is a PY Poster
This recap was more about you than it was about the battles. Terrible.

2 horrible recap threads thus far. Hoping for someone like coldcat's video or just someone who has an attention span of more than 5 seconds to write something for those of us who have been unfortunate to miss this allegedly successful event!
Venomous One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
WassPoppinB
Banned

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
WassPoppinB is a PY Poster
no fuckin quotes this event sounds wack as fuck

URL stay winning
WassPoppinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #17
brodeezy

Mentioned: 630 Post(s)
brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
I was really really confused at this one. Daylyt had some crazy shit and a post-round ski mask, but I hadn't realized it was a one round battle. Ice was going crazy too and his round was really fucking long, but I enjoyed it. I wish they'd had an entire battle but I can't complain, it was still fun to watch and hear. Ice's hat had a tag on it. This tag forced my eyeballs to follow it, and forced my ears to ignore part of ICE's round cuz it was bouncing around hella much.
lmfaooooo

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
deezy sorry i had to go somewhere but i am definitely in here
brodeezy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
brodeezy

brodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URLbrodeezy is on URL
Quote:
Someone tried to pickpocket me around the middle of round 2 so fuck that guy. He booked it as soon as I caught his hand on my wallet. A bit distracting. That said the battle was pretty onesided. I felt like DNA just had too many pass flips that just weren't hitting enough and pass brought back the outta pocket patna line and had the crowd. Peep the DNA diss of Okwerdz doh.
\

who was that nigga saying pocket checks dont really happen at events

imma find u

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:

Last edited by brodeezy; 10-13-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #19
brodeezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNegger View Post
Pocket checking is not quickly tapping on someones pocket. It's going in those pockets and take what you want. Not one pocket check has ever or WILL ever go down... moving along.

/thread

sry it had to be u supernegger

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #20
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Meh I had fun at the event and I had fun writing this (somewhat meaningless) recap. It is what it is lol. If you enjoyed it, I'm glad. If you didn't, there are always bigger and better things than a thread you don't like on an online forum.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #21
brodeezy

tbh this recap was >>

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #22
brodeezy

when i was readin it, i felt like i was there gettin pickpocketed too

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #23
brodeezy

authors objects of imagery were on point like dentistry and bars and delivery or w/e the fuck

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #24
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

thanks lol

@WallaceBread - my bad dude
Old 10-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #25
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Luke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time AustraliaLuke is better than Grind Time Australia
Wow at people trying to pick pocket you

Top Five Best at "Flow", all time - Joey Jihad, E Ness, Arsonal, Calicoe, Yung Ill (when he is on point)
Old 10-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
crushproofmenthol

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
crushproofmenthol is a PY Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Wow at people trying to pick pocket you
yeah, wtf? between that and @@VapeHop nearly getting marked out in the afternoon walking back to the jack london inn, my overall battle/oakland experience was quite pleasant. i had a fabulous time conversing with everyone i met, and especially enjoyed trying vegan soulfood.

edit: fuck, how do i @ someone properly?

Last edited by crushproofmenthol; 10-13-2013 at 09:33 PM.
crushproofmenthol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #27
brodeezy

u spell their name right @@VapeHop

I GOTTA REP SO BIG
FOR THE CULTURE

the voice of The Peopleİ
The Peoplesİ champ

Quote:
Old 10-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #28
StabYourself
Seasoned Fan

Mentioned: 337 Post(s)
StabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time AntarcticaStabYourself is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
@adam - no problem, thanks for reading my longwinded half sidetracked shit haha
@crushproofmenthol - shit was sick dude, nice meeting you and everyone and yeah, I had to drive back down to santa cruz after the event to put in some early not-at-work-but-gotta-work type shit so I felt like death/still kinda feel like death. (Everything was worth it even if my wallet lost some weight haha) Safe travels, man
Santa cruz represent! Would've made it out had I not had work this morning so I feel ya
StabYourself is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #29
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

I have a feeling it was just an isolated thing. When I'm drunk or whatever I tend to sway and step back and forth and shit so he probably just thought I was easy cash. Been to a ton of parties and concerts and shit and that's never happened to me though.
I wanna say Vape almost getting marked out wasn't normal, but... weird shit happens in the Bay sometimes. My friend's buddy got literally curbstomped in Daly City completely randomly a few months back and lost 5 teeth and he was in a nicer neighborhood
Old 10-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Wait what happened to @vapehop

Old 10-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #31
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

@@VapeHop went to go get cigs and 2 dudes were asking where he was from and one was playing with a butterfly knife but he got out of it. I feel like we gotta ask him for the full story though
Old 10-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #32
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by StabYourself View Post
Santa cruz represent! Would've made it out had I not had work this morning so I feel ya
Come to think of it there were at least 2-3 people I saw with UCSC slug hoodies or tshirts but they all looked older than the average college student...

And there was someone I met at the bar line talking about how he lived in SC and was really happy the PY event was gonna be at the catalyst lol
Old 10-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #33
Luke
Midwest Movement.

Quote:
Meh I had fun at the event and I had fun writing this (somewhat meaningless) recap. It is what it is lol. If you enjoyed it, I'm glad. If you didn't, there are always bigger and better things than a thread you don't like on an online forum.
For real. Thanks for the recap bro!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #34
TriangleOG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
TriangleOG is a PY Poster
good read!
TriangleOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #35
ledge
JERSEY | ux9

Mentioned: 427 Post(s)
ledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarcticaledge is better than Grind Time Antarctica
lmao

who swings around butterfly knives, tf is this gangs of new york
Old 10-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #36
Seanzo
We in here

Mentioned: 2902 Post(s)
Seanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local leagueSeanzo is a vet in their local league
Really good meeting you, bro. All of the RMBVA posters who went to the meet up, sans @WallaceBread, ended up trashed. Some of my tweets last night...fuck.

Don't be dicks about people doing write ups, folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Mage View Post
Hell yeah, about to smoke some weed from my special gandalf replica pipe and watch this
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialOh;

and jewish people dont eat beef so ur definitely not right on that 1
Seanzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #37
FatManFromSpace
Twinkie Madness

Apparently I tried to take notes on my phone, but it's mostly unreadable

"Aclabss did tht shit but Tantom stays ninjer", "remy dancnin is werid cuz he is tall", "plex rock dresss like a smoothie color", "think lush hads a bnong on a necklce", and "illmac is shorter thann i think he is" among others. Yeesh.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #38
@VapeHop
Yaki Yaki Yaki

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE@VapeHop is NICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledge View Post
lmao

who swings around butterfly knives, tf is this gangs of new york
this!!!

seeing a butterfly knife in 2013 leaned me.. I really dont even remember what happened as i was already pretty drunk but i know one guy was tryin to intimidate me on some tourist shit while the other guy played with his lil knife.. i was talkin that shit and grippin my ecig(gangster shit) which made them fall back, they even offered me the shoes off their feet but i was like nahhhh we dont fuck with them crocs on the eastcoast.
@VapeHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #39
TheRealDetour
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 285 Post(s)
TheRealDetour is not the worst person
i'm actually kinda interested to hear the details of this butterfly knife story tbh...

It takes some skill to engage haters and keep shit going like he did. In truth he made a fool of Thesaurus in an earlier thread.
www.youtube.com/dubtreys
TheRealDetour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #40
THACITY
THASHITTYWOK

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
THACITY is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VapeHop View Post
this!!!

seeing a butterfly knife in 2013 leaned me.. I really dont even remember what happened as i was already pretty drunk but i know one guy was tryin to intimidate me on some tourist shit while the other guy played with his lil knife.. i was talkin that shit and grippin my ecig(gangster shit) which made them fall back, they even offered me the shoes off their feet but i was like nahhhh we dont fuck with them crocs on the eastcoast.
croks hahahahahah a
oh fuck i can't breathe
THACITY is offline   Reply With Quote