Forum Home > Battle Videos > Battle Video Archives > The Yard
The Off Topic Thread (Sponsored by 9FIVE Eyewear)

Old 07-02-2016, 12:00 AM   #1
riffic
RYD ;

Mentioned: 1465 Post(s)
riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
The Off Topic Thread (Sponsored by 9FIVE Eyewear)

damn ooooh!
i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjjddd? View Post
WE IN HERE NUTDOGS TURN UP. ii
riffic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:26 AM   #2
averagejoe

Mentioned: 1159 Post(s)
averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
if ur not 1 of my many 35 subscribers u probly dont know i dropped some battler recruitment propaganda just now

averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
riffic
RYD ;

riffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battleriffic is pushing for a PG battle
HAHAHA @SpecialOh I finished your video and was hit with this

i have buddies who told me about a guy falling while snowboarding and injuring his ribs to the point that it messed up his breath control, so he had to sit out of his hobby for a few months. something tells me they were talking about psycoses.
Quote:
Old 07-02-2016, 01:55 AM   #4
barack mo drama

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
barack mo drama is not the worst person
I just bought a pair

Theyre pretty clean
barack mo drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:00 AM   #5
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
CHALLENGE.

I need help identifying a sample. It's from an old DJ Shadow song called Lost & Found that I've loved since I was a kid. It's the vocal sample at the end as the song fades out. It sounds like he's singing "I said goodbye to you today" or "I say goodbye so cruelly." I need to know where it came from and who sang it. I know where most of the other samples come from already, but that?

I got five on it.
No really.
$5 to the PayPal of whoever finds it first. I'll message you with the details after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWY8_Zuu1zM

Still after this shit.
Old 07-02-2016, 10:16 AM   #6
averagejoe

averagejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local leagueaveragejoe is a vet in their local league
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffic View Post

well thats not awkward lol
Old 07-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #7
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
Still after this shit.
i looked into it, can you list the other samples you've already IDed so i don't have to go through the general hassle of identifying all the samples to single out one

click the con face to learn yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ux9 u so fine
CIA does nit worry me , report me to the FDA and see what happens
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto mutant
i just wrote 16 on the shitter what happened to real hip hop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeWaltonisGoat View Post
I'd watch cal battle a fucking Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzero View Post
dre dennis hit my phone, i was gettin some head
culturedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:38 PM   #8
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

culturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ posterculturedboy is a GZ poster
i'm thinking of switching teams for the upcoming NBA season, tbh

i'm FROM miami but i stanned the hornets this year, and i'd love to follow that through to 2016-2017 szn but the way these knicks/celtics shaping up? hoohhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-03-2016, 04:37 PM   #9
BLEEZY
Capped In America

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
BLEEZY is better than Grind Time AustraliaBLEEZY is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by culturedboy View Post

i'm FROM miami but i stanned the hornets this year, and i'd love to follow that through to 2016-2017 szn but the way these knicks/celtics shaping up? hoohhhhhhhhh
Switching teams? Like as a fan?
BLEEZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #10
Triptych
ɥɔʎʇdıɹ⊥

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Triptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time AustraliaTriptych is better than Grind Time Australia
Quote:
i looked into it, can you list the other samples you've already IDed so i don't have to go through the general hassle of identifying all the samples to single out one
Drums are from Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2, keyboards and beat number two are from Brown Eyes by Fleetwood Mac, the "Well, you know something, you said to me I'm out of my mind" "Let me give you the picture of what's going down", and the "get high" speech are from a Murray Roman spoken word/stand-up comedy album. That's all I've been able to find. Some of it thanks to WhoSampled. But, the part I'm asking about is within the last 30 seconds of the song. The soft singing voice. I've never been able to find out about it.

It'd be kind of cool to know where the guitars and horns come from too, but yeah, that voice is the one I'm haunted by. It lasts a little longer in the real song, whoever put it on Youtube cut about 15 seconds off.

Last edited by Triptych; 07-03-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Triptych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 05:42 PM   #11
ErikForeman
Gggyea / ux9

Mentioned: 1285 Post(s)
ErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time AntarcticaErikForeman is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:

lmfaooo
Originally Posted by uuuununnn View Post
erik foreman is like the vince mcmahon of this shit ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gggyea View Post
holy shit FOREMAN is a ruthless mother fcker!!! he sees an idea working and makes it his own. ur a sly businessman my friend. crushing the opposition every chance u get.
ErikForeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:44 AM   #12
riffic
RYD ;

Quote:

the Knicks are getting way overhyped. 40-43 win team if there's no injuries

which is a humongous if
Quote:
Old 07-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #13
riffic
RYD ;

and I really like all the signings (not the years on Noah's contract..) but a couple sensible moves don't = 50 wins
Quote:
Old 07-04-2016, 06:51 PM   #14
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
vokab206 is not the worst person
That's about an accurate assessment on NY. If they re-sign Galloway, Lance Thomas and get rid of O'Quinn and get a solid back up PG they should be about 45 wins. Lee is healthy. If Rose can give them 65 games theyll be ok. Still not as good as Boston or Toronto.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
https://vokab206.bandcamp.com/releases
vokab206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:50 PM   #15
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
catch me wearin 9Five Eyewear at World Dom 6ix with your 7bitch
wwjjddd? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:51 PM   #16
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

wwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarcticawwjjddd? is better than Grind Time Antarctica
@I am LIL ILL Is that^ bars? That's bars prolly
Old 07-05-2016, 04:04 AM   #17
averagejoe

lol no one is gonna like this shit
Old 07-05-2016, 05:10 AM   #18
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:

which is a humongous if
bulls went 42-40 with a depleted team. the knicks should be able to do that. they still won't make the playoffs. well they might..the bulls, miami and charlotte probably won't be playoff teams
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 05:10 AM   #19
ass2myface

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
ass2myface is not the worst person
I'll go out on a limb here, and say this.. Think The 76ers have a better chance of reaching the East Finals before the Celtics..

Hinkie is out wit philly, and think teams are tired of trying to make fair trades with ainge.. Both squads have a shitload of future picks, but Philly has better prospects (simmons, embiid, okafor, noel) And i get brooklyn has the nets picks, but philly has has a potential swap with the kings this year, and the lakers pick if it falls out the top 3... Let alone their own pick...
ass2myface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #20
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:

which is a humongous if
you're right tbh

i just dunno if i wanna watch kemba's hornets again in the absence of courtney lee

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #21
The Wrist
my first name is The

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
that's the first time someone ever considered courtney lee's presence in a decision. !

http://www.cdbaby.com/thewrist
album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
The Wrist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 02:01 AM   #22
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ass2myface View Post
I'll go out on a limb here, and say this.. Think The 76ers have a better chance of reaching the East Finals before the Celtics..

Hinkie is out wit philly, and think teams are tired of trying to make fair trades with ainge.. Both squads have a shitload of future picks, but Philly has better prospects (simmons, embiid, okafor, noel) And i get brooklyn has the nets picks, but philly has has a potential swap with the kings this year, and the lakers pick if it falls out the top 3... Let alone their own pick...
Celtics are on the treadmill which is better than being the 76ers. I think the Celtics will at best be the Clippers of the east. They'll lose in the second round. Next year they are going to have to give Isaiah a ton of money too. They are a 50 win team now with a second round ceiling. Until they get a star player that is what they will be. That could be Jaylen Brown. They have nice pieces. Just not what it takes to win it all in today's NBA.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
Old 07-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #23
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is not the worst person
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokab206 View Post
Celtics are on the treadmill which is better than being the 76ers. I think the Celtics will at best be the Clippers of the east. They'll lose in the second round. Next year they are going to have to give Isaiah a ton of money too. They are a 50 win team now with a second round ceiling. Until they get a star player that is what they will be. That could be Jaylen Brown. They have nice pieces. Just not what it takes to win it all in today's NBA.
Who would they lose in the 2nd round to? Toronto? In don't see them not making the ecf with these teams in the east
NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 01:08 PM   #24
culturedboy
NEVERcultured.com/tag/br

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrist View Post
that's the first time someone ever considered courtney lee's presence in a decision. !
he wasn't a necessary part of either our offense or defense but the team seemed to mesh wth him better than anyone we'd replace him with/sub him out for, which concerns me

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-06-2016, 02:02 PM   #25
The Wrist
my first name is The

The Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time AntarcticaThe Wrist is better than Grind Time Antarctica
Quote:
he wasn't a necessary part of either our offense or defense but the team seemed to mesh wth him better than anyone we'd replace him with/sub him out for, which concerns me
i like him too. was glad the knicks went for him instead of gordon or something insane. courtney is a girls name though so that could come up

album from whenever featuring RA The Ruggedman, Okwerdz, J Zone, C Rayz, Reef, PH, Illmind, Vanderslice and I forget. Buy it. I was on one Scribblejam DVD. Show some respect.

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-06-2016, 05:48 PM   #26
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:
@I am LIL ILL Is that^ bars? That's bars prolly

catch me wearin 9Five Eyewear at World Dom 6ix with your 7bitch

its one of those bars people don't always get. Daylyt and a few others can do it but they don't always explain it. It would be easier on paper for me with the 2 meanings to it showing.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 05:49 PM   #27
I am LIL ILL
Legendary tier

Mentioned: 640 Post(s)
I am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICEI am LIL ILL is NICE
Quote:

Yikes. All you'll see at the end of my vids is worldstar vines.
Ain't no real rappers that want to step to me Son! Theses rappers are more softer than a sesame seed bun. Speaking of seeds Star Almighty's Mom is digesting these nuts and up next to roast you guys is ekelon nope forget it he sucks!
I am LIL ILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:45 AM   #28
vokab206
Battle Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtlesAtTheBeach View Post
Who would they lose in the 2nd round to? Toronto? In don't see them not making the ecf with these teams in the east
Toronto and Indy for sure. Possibly Detroit and definitely if they play Cleveland in round 2.

soundcloud.com/vokab206
Old 07-07-2016, 06:18 PM   #29
averagejoe

specialoh's face exposed 25Jul16

O.O O.O O.O
Old 07-07-2016, 06:19 PM   #30
averagejoe

Quote:

u didnt answer ass hole :P
Old 07-10-2016, 12:12 AM   #31
averagejoe

said fuck the studio n made my own...using the yeti + snowball mic n its okay i think
worked with my best male vocalist today and it was fucking hilarious...

struggling hard at organization but positive outlook i will be rdy by the 25th!

2 fucking weeks!!!!!

Last edited by averagejoe; 07-10-2016 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 12:06 PM   #32
Abstrakt
List-making Nerdbird

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Abstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICEAbstrakt is NICE
would like to see the Celtics make a trade for Blake griffin but there are some pieces I don't want them to part ways with.

Mvc- most valuable Celtics:
1. Avery Bradley
2. IT
3. Jae crowder
4. Jaylen brown

The 2017 Brooklyn pick may even be more valuable than bradley

1. aye verb
2. loaded lux
3. hollow
4. calicoe
5. pat stay
Abstrakt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:25 AM   #33
averagejoe

@wwjjddd? i need some emotional support lmao im having such fucking troubles
Old 07-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #34
wwjjddd?
^gotta ask yourself

Check yo inbox nutdog
Old 07-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #35
The Wrist
my first name is The

haha. nut dog

a dog who only eats nuts. can you imagine?

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-18-2016, 02:27 PM   #36
The Wrist
my first name is The

hey fido, you want some of this meat, or perhaps your own bag of snausages? "

"nah B. I'm good with these cashews"

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-18-2016, 10:50 PM   #37
averagejoe

Lmao wut
Old 07-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #38
The Wrist
my first name is The

if my dog could talk he'd probably say dumb shit. he's really stupid. like by dog standards he's pretty dumb. i don't mean like compared to something like a whale or a super computer or something. like he's dumb compared to other dogs. if he could talk he'd probably say stuff like "the only safe sex is no sex" or somethin'

he's a good guy though

youtube.com/setherwrist
Old 07-20-2016, 03:22 AM   #39
averagejoe

Your dog sounds like he would be fun at a party
Old 07-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #40
averagejoe

That moment ur about to finish ur 13 hour nightshift and ur like..."damn I'm so tired..can't wait til I get to go home and work on my battle rap project"

#whydididothis

5 fucking days tho!!!!! no time to even hype it @My Kall u coming to my online event????

@wwjjddd? i just laughed for 20 minutes..so at least i know if it fails some is still gold

Last edited by averagejoe; 07-20-2016 at 12:28 PM.

Tags
gethype, sleepisforpussies, whydididothis